Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (3%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      7 (7.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      40 (40.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (5.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      40 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: May 27, 2021 05:23:24 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17424 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: May 24, 2021 06:46:24 am
      Going to be a long summer........
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #599: May 24, 2021 07:57:27 am
      When's the new Season start?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #600: May 24, 2021 09:41:54 am
      Firstly the Human element;

Please, take a moment and think of those who lost loved ones this season, I’m sure all of us knows of some one who has, in our own football family we think of Jürgen who lost his mother, and Ali who lost his father, neither could grieve properly, neither could be with their families at one of the worst experiences life throws at us, losing parents, just think about that for a moment, then think of what if that was my Mum, or my Dad, this season has been truly awful and unforgettable, one we all hope we never ever see again, so my players of the season go to them, for what they had to go through, for what they had to suffer, alone, away from their loved ones at a time when they should have been together.

Rejoice;

The Mentality Monsters are back, still missing three monsters but we can all rejoice in the fact that the biggest Monster of all, our fans are back too, and what a lift they give us, Six on the bounce we lost at home, first time in our Illustrious history, because we had no Fans, it’s so blatantly obvious that we as a club were indeed more affected by a empty stadium than any others,

Even some of our players are a different animal, look at Sadio Mane, what a difference to that player of late, where a lot of us had written him off, just 10,000 fans singing our Anthem was enough to reignite his fire, now imagine another 50,000+ on top can  do, 13/2 we are to win the title next season, that’s 6 and a half to 1, so if you have a spare £60,000 hanging around 🤪 I’m sure Billy Hill will look after it for ya,

WE FINISHED THIRD, THIRD FFS, after all we have been through, We Finished THIRD, now I know, I know , we don’t get F**k all for Second never mind Third but it does feel as if we have achieved something, and we have, We got our Mojo back, we, the fans and supporters, the players, our manager, we know we will be right up there challenging again, we all know City had it easy this time round, and we all know it will be so different next season, Don’t We,

Three horse race between us, Chavs & City, no one else will feature, no one else has the quality, no one else can play with the intensity, two are awash with dollar, two buy their successes, but only one builds to win, only one has a well oiled machine with each component hand picked to perform their specific task, all colluding to be part of a system that when fully fit and functional is like clockwork,

make no bones about it, Red tinted specs or not, we are the team to be feared, because we will be hungrier, we will have more desire, we will be more determined to put things back in order, we have been robbed of our right to celebrate properly, robbed of our celebration parade, we are owed that privilege to celebrate together as a club, fans, manager & players, robbed of opportunities to celebrate together, that is why we will win the title again next season and the CL would be a wee bonus too, in 19/20 our players were hungry, look at what we achieved, in 21/22, our players are Starving…….watch this space ! !

The Mentality Monsters are back ! !

Y  N  W  A

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #601: May 24, 2021 09:46:21 am
      Rhys Williams, Nat Phillips and Ozan Kabak deserve a huge amount of credit for our form in the last 10 games.  8 wins.  Brilliant.

Such a shame about that January to March period but I'm fairly confident that we will be far more competitive next season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #602: May 24, 2021 10:00:57 am
      Glad the season over, we finished it off very well. to nick 3rd place and champions league spot after 2 months ago looked like we may get no europe or be in the new conference.

So hats off to all the boys and management.

Yesterday, boy did mane look like he was a player again.

and ffs salah, cos me points in fantasy footi. ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #603: May 24, 2021 10:36:02 am
      Yesterday, boy did mane look like he was a player again.

and ffs salah, cos me points in fantasy footi.

I was in a Fantasy League cup final yesterday.  I had Mane, they had Salah, so I was a very happy chappy!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #604: May 24, 2021 10:57:31 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #605: May 24, 2021 11:00:44 am
      those two lads may or may not have a great future here but we owe them big time for the way they performed together. I think Nat was at Worcester at some point recently goes to show how you can improve when surrounded by quality players .
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #606: May 24, 2021 11:11:57 am
      those two lads may or may not have a great future here but we owe them big time for the way they performed together. I think Nat was at Worcester at some point recently goes to show how you can improve when surrounded by quality players .

Nat was at Stuttgart

Rhys was at Kidderminster in the national league north

Both have been brilliant in the run in. Some unbelievable work must have been done in training by Jürgen and the team over this last few months because the improvement in both has been amazing. Earlier in the season they were getting pulled out of position easily and their distribution wasn’t great

That’s not a criticism of either more a pat on the back for them and the coaches
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #607: May 24, 2021 11:13:42 am

These two deserve all the praise they get, done a phenomenal job at the back...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #608: May 24, 2021 11:32:03 am
      I was in a Fantasy League cup final yesterday.  I had Mane, they had Salah, so I was a very happy chappy!

very nice.  :gt-happyup:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #609: May 24, 2021 11:32:24 am

yup
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #610: May 24, 2021 12:35:10 pm
      Nat was at Stuttgart

Rhys was at Kidderminster in the national league north

Both have been brilliant in the run in. Some unbelievable work must have been done in training by Jürgen and the team over this last few months because the improvement in both has been amazing. Earlier in the season they were getting pulled out of position easily and their distribution wasn’t great

That’s not a criticism of either more a pat on the back for them and the coaches

Thats been my point mate they were not just thrown in Jürgen protected them and coached them until he thought they were ready. Whatever the road they travelled we have benefitted greatly. I think young Rhys has improved incredibly well and is so young and looks like he is going to be a monster in 3 or 4 years time and who better to train alongside of the Virgil
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #611: May 24, 2021 12:54:46 pm
      These two deserve all the praise they get, done a phenomenal job at the back...

Staggered when it was pointed out that they have played together as a partnership more than any other this season!!
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #612: May 24, 2021 01:59:21 pm
      Fabulous win and sublime achievement of finishing third in the league, which I have really doubt just over ten games ago! Credit to all despite unusual and weird seasons whereas a manager and players alike made horrendous mistakes in their judgement and attitude, due to the long injury list and lacking enough quality in the squad.

The MOTM is quite obvious was Thiago ( Simply a World Class) mind you, he is the only one in our squad.
      Very happy to see Mane has recovered a bit of his form and he was close to MOTM, however, the young CBs both have had gutsy performances and their facial injuries were quite evident of that. They need to play more roles next season to develop to bright CBS the potential is there for sure.

The squad clear out along with Gini, (dead woods) it should be Origi, Kaita, Kabak, Firmino, Matip, Adrian, and a few more.

In should be a top Center Forward is a TOP PRIORITY, and Yves Bissouma, and possibility Pedro Neto from Wolves, and Klopp should keep Grujic and Minamino.

Best Of Luck for Next Season and Injury-free. 

Last laugh: The overrated B. Rogers once again has failed to achieve top four spots! he ought to go back to Celtic, and even now he will find it difficult there because S.G. is at Rangers!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #613: May 24, 2021 03:31:32 pm
      Thats been my point mate they were not just thrown in Jürgen protected them and coached them until he thought they were ready. Whatever the road they travelled we have benefitted greatly. I think young Rhys has improved incredibly well and is so young and looks like he is going to be a monster in 3 or 4 years time and who better to train alongside of the Virgil

Also he has a nice range of passing ive noticed past few games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #614: May 24, 2021 04:16:05 pm
      Also he has a nice range of passing ive noticed past few games.

yes I saw a few diagonal 40 yard passes inch perfect. He is still a baby in terms of his strength to height but just weight until he matures he is going to be a beast of a player Just when Virgil gets to the wrong side of 34
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #615: May 24, 2021 04:57:55 pm
      Fantastic end to the season couldn't see us finishing 3rd. Klopp looked overjoyed imagine if we had a fully fit squad, let's hope we strengthen the team and onwards next season
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #616: May 24, 2021 05:11:41 pm
      yes I saw a few diagonal 40 yard passes inch perfect. He is still a baby in terms of his strength to height but just weight until he matures he is going to be a beast of a player Just when Virgil gets to the wrong side of 34

Could defo be trained into the VVD mould.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #617: May 24, 2021 05:19:06 pm
      Crazily good form to end the season BTW. We were the form team in the league.  Can't wait until next season when we see the real Liverpool for the full campaign.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #618: May 24, 2021 08:32:31 pm
      Wonder how we would have done had we got Kabak at the start of the January  transfer window
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #619: May 24, 2021 10:12:44 pm
      Crazily good form to end the season BTW. We were the form team in the league.  Can't wait until next season when we see the real Liverpool for the full campaign.

26 points from 30 thats back to 98 or 99 points in a season . How does Keane think about that form as defending Champs. We saw some real guts and steel in these last couple of months it looks good for next season.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #620: May 25, 2021 10:40:05 am
      26 points from 30 thats back to 98 or 99 points in a season . How does Keane think about that form as defending Champs. We saw some real guts and steel in these last couple of months it looks good for next season.

I would say very good. He'd take the ball off Mo and score everything himself.

Quick Reply