Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Athletic [Friendly] Sun 8th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of August and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W8 D2 L3

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 7064 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,780 posts | 331 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #150: Jun 15, 2021 06:42:34 pm
      Agreed. Pace catches the eye and is apt to deceive; Djibril Cissé is the paradigm example. Traore is a beast physically but I’m not sure he’s a particularly complete footballer when you look beyond his speed and crossing ability.

You can have all the pace and physical attributes you like but it takes a good deal more in the way of guile, subtlety and footballing intelligence to make it at the very highest level — qualities Jota has to the required degree but which I think his former teammate lacks.

The thing with pace is you can’t train for playing against it. So regardless of how over rated Traore may or may not be, when he’s in full flow he isn’t getting stopped. His frightening pace will always add to his value…

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,165 posts | 3141 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #151: Jun 16, 2021 08:13:24 am
      I think we’ll be ok this season for forward thinking players, Salah, Mane , Bobby, Jota, Memphis can stay in Memphis as far as I’m concerned, but IF we were to bring in a player to boost our front line I’d be going after Jadon  Sancho, it’s midfielders we need to be targeting, we were already weak in this area losing Gini makes us even weaker,
      Yes we have Curtis and wee Harvey but we cannot rely on them yet, Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago,are our go to trio, plus Milner, but, Hendo is injury prone, Milner’s legs another season older and he’s more of a impact player now, Fabinho is Fabinho and can’t do without him, Keita, well he’s in the last chance saloon, Ox not so sure he can produce week after week, Shaqiri is surplus,

We need new blood in there, preferably with experience, youth and willing to smash through brick walls, Tielemans, Bissouma, Neuhaus, Raphinha are names that immediately spring to mind, any two of the first three ideally,

I’ve said this before, but we really do need to start thinking about the next two to three seasons, in particular the front three, they, all will need replacing at some point, it’s obviously  too early yet in this summer window and not quite free of the impact Covid has had financially but from the next summer window it will become a needs must situation, getting players in early would be more beneficial and will smooth over the bleeding in process, and help piss on our rivals crisps at the same time, stealing a March in layman’s terms.

I quite like the fact things are quiet, don’t think much will move until after the Euro’s, but you never know ?

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,872 posts | 2266 
      Reply #152: Jun 17, 2021 09:20:24 pm
      I think we’ll be ok this season for forward thinking players, Salah, Mane , Bobby, Jota, Memphis can stay in Memphis as far as I’m concerned, but IF we were to bring in a player to boost our front line I’d be going after Jadon  Sancho, it’s midfielders we need to be targeting, we were already weak in this area losing Gini makes us even weaker,
      Yes we have Curtis and wee Harvey but we cannot rely on them yet, Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago,are our go to trio, plus Milner, but, Hendo is injury prone, Milner’s legs another season older and he’s more of a impact player now, Fabinho is Fabinho and can’t do without him, Keita, well he’s in the last chance saloon, Ox not so sure he can produce week after week, Shaqiri is surplus,

We need new blood in there, preferably with experience, youth and willing to smash through brick walls, Tielemans, Bissouma, Neuhaus, Raphinha are names that immediately spring to mind, any two of the first three ideally,

I’ve said this before, but we really do need to start thinking about the next two to three seasons, in particular the front three, they, all will need replacing at some point, it’s obviously  too early yet in this summer window and not quite free of the impact Covid has had financially but from the next summer window it will become a needs must situation, getting players in early would be more beneficial and will smooth over the bleeding in process, and help piss on our rivals crisps at the same time, stealing a March in layman’s terms.

I quite like the fact things are quiet, don’t think much will move until after the Euro’s, but you never know ?

Y  N  W  A

Do the front 3 need replacing? These boys can go to 33/34 easy - they are top professionals and super fit.

We have Jota, if we can add another youngster (Harvey?) then I think we’re alright for the next 3 seasons at least.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,022 posts | 3021 
      Reply #153: Jun 17, 2021 09:26:10 pm
      Do the front 3 need replacing? These boys can go to 33/34 easy - they are top professionals and super fit.

We have Jota, if we can add another youngster (Harvey?) then I think we’re alright for the next 3 seasons at least.

I'd want more than a kid to come in to supplement the front four.

Elliot is a huge talent but with Origi and Minamino likely to be off I'd like another quality forward with some experience to come in.

Preferably a CF as we don't really have that style of player in the squad.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,872 posts | 2266 
      Reply #154: Jun 17, 2021 10:20:20 pm

Elliot is a huge talent but with Origi and Minamino likely to be off I'd like another quality forward with some experience to come in.

Danny Ings!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,249 posts | 639 
      Reply #155: Jun 19, 2021 07:09:01 pm
      Quote from -LFC-
      Agreed. Pace catches the eye and is apt to deceive; Djibril Cissé is the paradigm example. Traore is a beast physically but I’m not sure he’s a particularly complete footballer when you look beyond his speed and crossing ability.

You can have all the pace and physical attributes you like but it takes a good deal more in the way of guile, subtlety and footballing intelligence to make it at the very highest level — qualities Jota has to the required degree but which I think his former teammate lacks.

How many of us said Jota was who we needed last summer? How many of us said he would break up the front three? He did both.

Jürgen is a master of taking players on to develop. To him, it's his No. 1 job as a coach. So when he brings them through, he hugs them and tells them how great they are. He even said that about Benteke.

He would love to take on someone like Traore and improve him. Plus he would be more within our budget and easier for us to sign than Mbappé.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,056 posts | 5512 
      Reply #156: Jul 03, 2021 06:23:28 pm
      Grabara has left the club, moving to FC Copenhagen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,165 posts | 3141 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #157: Jul 04, 2021 10:22:40 am
      Grabara has left the club, moving to FC Copenhagen.

Must have been those Danish pastries at Greggs that swayed him, it certainly can’t be his ambition?
      Salah10
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 24 
      Reply #158: Jul 04, 2021 11:07:41 am

According to another poster, who quoted the Athletic, we're keeping Origi
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,301 posts | 127 
      Reply #159: Jul 04, 2021 12:26:38 pm
      How many of us said Jota was who we needed last summer? How many of us said he would break up the front three? He did both.

Jürgen is a master of taking players on to develop. To him, it's his No. 1 job as a coach. So when he brings them through, he hugs them and tells them how great they are. He even said that about Benteke.

He would love to take on someone like Traore and improve him. Plus he would be more within our budget and easier for us to sign than Mbappé.

So you saying klopp changed Jota in 1 or 2 training sessions  hahahahahahahahaha
      PTU
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts | 36 
      Reply #160: Jul 04, 2021 01:49:07 pm
      Must have been those Danish pastries at Greggs that swayed him, it certainly can’t be his ambition?
      It's a good move for everyone involved imo. We get a decent 3m (+ the Edwards' special, a 20% sell-on clause), and he gets to play regular football for a solid club. Don't forget he's already played 2 seasons in Denmark, so joining the biggest club in the league is a smart move. He'll get to play European football and will get more exposure. He's only 22, so plenty of time to get back to a bigger league.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 276 posts | 25 
      Reply #161: Jul 30, 2021 11:29:25 pm
      Does anyone know how I can edit my original post and update the ins and outs?

Quick Reply