Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man City [Premier League] Sun 3rd Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W20 D4 L7

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 9436 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,769 posts | 2138 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #175: Aug 06, 2021 03:29:07 pm
      This is when we'll have a front three ofJota, Minamino and Bobby. Apparently we're all good up top as we are 🤷🏽‍♂️

So still a better front 3 than 75% of the league.

Not bad.
      Salah10
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 68 
      Reply #176: Aug 06, 2021 03:34:34 pm
      So still a better front 3 than 75% of the league.

Not bad.

Our aim is meant to be better than 100% of the league and to be equipped to achieve that
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,243 posts | 2787 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #177: Aug 06, 2021 03:43:02 pm
      This is when we'll have a front three ofJota, Minamino and Bobby. Apparently we're all good up top as we are 🤷🏽‍♂️

I would prefer AOC instead of Minamino. But he is a good option too.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,382 posts | 3267 
      Reply #178: Aug 06, 2021 04:30:16 pm
      Our aim is meant to be better than 100% of the league and to be equipped to achieve that

It's two games.

Three at a push.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 1196 
      Reply #179: Aug 06, 2021 04:45:49 pm
      Don't we loose Sala and Mane for the ANC round Christmas

Nope - from Jan ,  miss two leagues and one cup game
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,769 posts | 2138 
      Reply #180: Aug 06, 2021 04:51:20 pm

I think Mo Mane and Bobby/Jota is better than 100% of the league. No team has a great backup forward line apart from City so we'll have to live without Mo and Mane for a few weeks.

I think Elliot will do well as a backup this season too.

I do agree we need to add up top to replace Origi with a decent player. Someone like Watkins at Villa would be a good backup.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,769 posts | 2138 
      Reply #181: Aug 06, 2021 04:53:02 pm

That all?

Don't know what the big fuss is about so.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 1196 
      Reply #182: Aug 06, 2021 05:00:12 pm
      That all?

Sorry there is also the potential for a league cup tie but depends on how we do in earlier rounds - and the two league games are Palace and Brentford
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,261 posts | 897 
      Reply #183: Aug 06, 2021 05:01:00 pm
      That all?

It's always a big fuss with certain people. It's not like they're missing the games against City and United. It's against Brentford and Palace, FFS.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,261 posts | 897 
      Reply #184: Aug 06, 2021 05:01:42 pm
      Sorry there is also the potential for a league cup tie but depends on how we do in earlier rounds - and the two league games are Palace and Brentford

We would likely be heavily rotated for cup games anyway.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,095 posts | 845 
      Reply #185: Aug 06, 2021 05:33:01 pm
      It's always a big fuss with certain people. It's not like they're missing the games against City and United. It's against Brentford and Palace, FFS.

If reach final they will miss Leicester game also and we play Chelsea 1st Jan so depending on when they call players up could miss that as is starts 6th Jan
      rossyred

• 5,095 posts | 845 
      Reply #186: Aug 06, 2021 05:37:14 pm

Two FA cup games if they reach final will.be missed so potential for 7 games funny how some see at 2 but in reality it really isn't
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,261 posts | 897 
      Reply #187: Aug 06, 2021 05:40:29 pm
      If reach final they will miss Leicester game also and we play Chelsea 1st Jan so depending on when they call players up could miss that as is starts 6th Jan

It starts Jan 9 not the 6th. There’s no way they’d miss the Chelsea game.

Yes, potentially miss Leicester and don’t know how good Senegal and Egypt are where they would both be like to be in the final.
      rossyred

• 5,095 posts | 845 
      Reply #188: Aug 06, 2021 05:44:26 pm
      It starts Jan 9 not the 6th. There’s no way they’d miss the Chelsea game.

Yes, potentially miss Leicester and don’t know how good Senegal and Egypt are where they would both be like to be in the final.

So potentially  3 league games . Can't see Nabys lot making final think chance one of them could get there to be honest hopefully not
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,262 posts | 3247 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #189: Aug 07, 2021 02:26:22 am
      My only hesitation Billy is that knee injuries are difficult. I'm hoping for the best but we don't know what he will be like yet.

Fully understand your concerns mate, but I’m sure the med staff won’t put Virgil or Joe under any pressure to return any sooner than is necessary, the rigorous training they do will show up any niggling doubts that may occur, and if needed they will be given ample time to be 100% right and ready for action, they got this, they will probably be eased back in gradually anyway with the odd 20 mins or so here and there so as to re-acclimatise to the intensity they will be playing at.

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,262 posts | 3247 
      Reply #190: Aug 07, 2021 02:38:13 am

It’s three games fella at most, Jürgen trusts all of his players otherwise they wouldn’t be here at all, whoever plays won’t be our go to attack, but good enough to fill the void for two or three outings, why do you always have negative connotations, it’s almost as if you want us to fail and are seeking out reasons for it to happen, get more positivity in your life , smile more, eat more chocolate, have a extra w*nk, it’s a short life mate, try and enjoy it cos you’ll be frog up soon enough!!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,625 posts | 2126 
      Reply #191: Aug 07, 2021 03:49:22 am

Fully understand your concerns mate, but I’m sure the med staff won’t put Virgil or Joe under any pressure to return any sooner than is necessary, the rigorous training they do will show up any niggling doubts that may occur, and if needed they will be given ample time to be 100% right and ready for action, they got this, they will probably be eased back in gradually anyway with the odd 20 mins or so here and there so as to re-acclimatise to the intensity they will be playing at.

Y  N  W  A

In the old days they might have built fitness w the reserves, but I don't think they do that anymore. I remember Ox doing this once a couple of years ago, but now I think injured first team players maybe just rehab via bounce games behind closed doors.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,262 posts | 3247 
      Reply #192: Aug 07, 2021 09:30:21 am
      In the old days they might have built fitness w the reserves, but I don't think they do that anymore. I remember Ox doing this once a couple of years ago, but now I think injured first team players maybe just rehab via bounce games behind closed doors.

I’m not %100 sure mate but I believe the meds staff and the nutritionist’s have a individual programmes,for each and every player to follow during rehab, this enhances their chances of recovery quicker without risk of breaking down as we used to see in the old days where players were ushered back before they were ready,
      I think players are treated these days like thoroughbred horses, without the hay, and get pampering at each stage of their recovery, they hard work of course is done in the weight room and the training paddocks, the season is long and arduous so the pampering is well worth it alongside the patience of all concerned.

Y  N  W  A
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,243 posts | 2787 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #193: Aug 09, 2021 12:14:55 am
      Klopp said that we might see something happening.

Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply