Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17531 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      May 24, 2021 11:26:06 am
      After a long break I’m happy to be back on the forum, plenty of personal battles and lately a big battle to keep custody of my children.

Taking a bit of downtime for myself today, first time in weeks, whilst the kids are at school.

Been looking at our squad and I’m not gonna guess who we are going to buy but we could add them in below once they have joined, outgoings are a little clearer given the limited game time Shaq, Keita and Origi have had this season. I’ve done a list below, some of the players have been on the fringes of the first team in the past so I’ve included them too.

In:

Elliott (Returning from Loan)
      Minamino (Returning from Loan)

Out:

Adrian (Free)
      Wijnaldum (Free)
      Keita (Sell)
      Shaqiri (Sell)
      Origi (Sell)
      Grujic (Sell)
      Wilson (Sell)
      Woodburn (Sell)
      Karius (Sell)
      Ojo (Sell)
      Awoniyi (Sell)
      Larouci (Sell)
      Grabara (Sell)
      Lewis (Sell)
      Millar (Sell)
      Kabak (End of Loan)
      R. Williams (Loan)
      Van den Berg (Loan)
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2021 11:33:45 am by LFC_Olly_91 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #1: May 24, 2021 12:18:03 pm
      After a long break I’m happy to be back on the forum, plenty of personal battles and lately a big battle to keep custody of my children.

Taking a bit of downtime for myself today, first time in weeks, whilst the kids are at school.

Been looking at our squad and I’m not gonna guess who we are going to buy but we could add them in below once they have joined, outgoings are a little clearer given the limited game time Shaq, Keita and Origi have had this season. I’ve done a list below, some of the players have been on the fringes of the first team in the past so I’ve included them too.

In:

Out:

Adrian (Free)
      Wijnaldum (Free)
      Keita (Sell)
      Shaqiri (Sell)
      Origi (Sell)
      Grujic (Sell)
      Wilson (Sell)
      Woodburn (Sell)
      Karius (Sell)
      Ojo (Sell)
      Awoniyi (Sell)
      Larouci (Sell)
      Grabara (Sell)
      Lewis (Sell)
      Millar (Sell)
      Kabak (End of Loan)
      R. Williams (Loan)
      Van den Berg (Loan)

Think only 5 of 25 guys listed were registered in our first team squad this season. Several of these are best classified as "unable to sell."

I think Keita will stay. Not sure about Rhys Williams going on loan.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #2: May 24, 2021 03:36:38 pm
      Klopp's already said Nat and Rhys will both be here next season, no doubt as cover in case Virg Joe and Joel need easing back in gradually, not that I'm really expecting Joel to be fit at all, poor fella just constantly breaks down, he's got tall person's chronic back problems and he'll have them for the rest of his life I'm sure; once there's a weakness there it may not be fixable, he'll just have to manage it.

So unless Klopp goes back on his word (hard to imagine Mister Integrity doing that) or Rhys actually demands to go on loan back to Kidderminster   :lmao:  Rhys will be here next season; at least until the winter window anyway.

As it stands the most confident I am about a player going, and us getting enough money for a visit to the chippie, is Shaqiri. Fair play to the lad he loves the game and sounds like he just wants to go play footie. Gotta respect that. Played in the Barcelona 4-0 and couple of sweet goals against United to remember him by. Should get our money back on him you'd think, so £12-15m or so.

Then it starts to get trickier...

Keita is the most controversial figure there but I think we'll do whatever it takes to shift him, even if it's on loan. I read that Klopp left him out of one of the Leipzig games and ordered Naby to train for 2 days instead, and Keita just phoned in sick for 2 days as a sort of F**k you. I don't see any way back from that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: May 24, 2021 05:25:24 pm

In:

Out:

Adrian (Free)
      Wijnaldum (Free)
      Keita (Sell)
      Shaqiri (Sell)
      Origi (Sell)
      Grujic (Sell)
      Wilson (Sell)
      Woodburn (Sell)
      Karius (Sell)
      Ojo (Sell)
      Awoniyi (Sell)
      Larouci (Sell)
      Grabara (Sell)
      Lewis (Sell)
      Millar (Sell)
      Kabak (End of Loan)
      R. Williams (Loan)
      Van den Berg (Loan)

probably not far wrong with the outs. although I think there will be more loans than sell for younger lads.

so for me, these guys will defo be gone on free or sold.

Adrian
      Wijnaldum
      Shaqiri
      Origi
      Grujic
      Wilson
      Woodburn
      Karius
      Ojo

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #4: May 24, 2021 06:10:34 pm
      I don't think we are going to so easily be able to move on players. The teams we'd be selling to are still likely battling the financial effects of Covid and I don't know that Edwards will be willing to lower his valuations to move players on. He seems to hold out for top dollar which is ok when it works, but I'm wondering how many of these players could already have been moved on had he been willing to accept less than desired. Sometimes you need to take a hit to set yourself up long term to be in a better position.

Klopp has always seemed to work with a smaller squad so I don't see a whole lot coming in even if we do move a few on.

My head says this Konate fella might be as close to a sure thing incoming as we are going to get.

My heart still skips a beat when I read these "reports" that Mbappe could see himself playing for Klopp if we make Champion's League (we took care of our end), although I'm pretty sure that's just his agent generating interest to get him the best deal from one of the clubs that WILL spend big.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #5: May 24, 2021 06:35:53 pm
      I think we might regret not having sold some of our fringe players a season or two ago. We may now be lucky to get half of what we were asking for before the pandemic with players such as Grujic and Origi.

I doubt Keita will leave. We won’t get anywhere near £35m or whatever has been quoted and the manager will think it better to give him one last shot. Ox I believe will stay. Nat will stay. Harvey may return. Wilson will be sold. We won’t sign Kabak. Bournemouth will sign at least one of our players and will be actively monitoring Ben Davies.

In short, we’ll keep most of the squad together, no other first team regulars will leave and we’ll add 2/3 players of which 2 will be 1st team calibre.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021 06:41:44 pm by -LFC- »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6: May 24, 2021 06:48:24 pm
      Origi could prove tricky depending on asking price, but if Grujic is a “go” I think we can find a buyer pretty easily. He has done well in all his loans and having been at Porto and part of the CL only helps with recognition.

Keita probably stays. He’s only 26 so we can give it another go and then reevaluate next summer when teams have recovered financially.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #7: May 24, 2021 07:04:53 pm
      if Grujic is a “go” I think we can find a buyer pretty easily. He has done well in all his loans and having been at Porto and part of the CL only helps with recognition.

I’ve heard that said before and whilst I am prepared to believe he did well in Germany, if I am not mistaken a lot of his time at Porto has been spent as a sub. I’ve kept an eye on a lot of their starting line ups and it hasn’t seemed to me as though he has been anything like a nailed-on starter, which is concerning if you have hopes of making it at the highest level or of achieving a decent transfer fee in a depressed market.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: May 24, 2021 07:09:50 pm
      Must be time to say goodbye to Shaq and Origi - would've thought they'd want to go anyway to get more regular football.
      Possibly Grujic/Woodburn too.
      I'd move Keita on, surely Jürgen has lost patience at this stage.
      Shame not to have got a fee for Gini.
      Wouldn't keep Kabak.
      Depending on who can come in, might not let Wilson, Elliot out on loan / hang onto them.
      Taki, in two minds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: May 24, 2021 07:13:02 pm
      We'll need forward back up with Mo off to the Olympics and both Mo and Mane missing most of January when they'll be off to the African Nations Cup.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #10: May 24, 2021 07:17:53 pm
      CB,  Goal scoring Midfielder   ,CF all way through the middle .
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: May 24, 2021 07:21:41 pm
      Apart from the kids, I would sell or release: Adrian, Origi, Wijnaldum, Minamino, Shaqiri.

I would keep Shaqiri, Grujic, Kabak and Karius until we can replace them all.

I would not loan out N. & R. Williams and Elliott.

If Klopp has issues with Keita, he's off. I do not know what I would do.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #12: May 24, 2021 09:59:36 pm
      As far as Shaq, Origi, Minamino, Davies and Grujic are concerned (and maybe Keita?), it will probably depend on whether we find a buyer willing to pay a decent fee. Every one of them could leave, every one of them could stay.

Elliott should probably be loaned to a PL club (or maybe in Germany?). He still has to develop a bit and gain experience at the highest level.
      N. Williams needs to regain some confidence so a loan to a decent Championship side could be good for him. However, that would leave us without cover at RB (not counting Milly).
      R. Williams will probably be kept for pre-season but might be loaned at the end of the transfer window if Virgil, Joe and Joel are back.
      Van den Berg should stay another year at Preston. It seems like it went well for him over there.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #13: May 24, 2021 10:44:51 pm
      We'll need forward back up with Mo off to the Olympics and both Mo and Mane missing most of January when they'll be off to the African Nations Cup.

Good points. I use to think that this tourney was a terrible thing for us, but now I'm starting to think that it may force our hand in singing a  few quality front 3 guys.

At this point I feel confident in saying I have absolutely no clue who will come in. Outside of Thiago and Virgil most our bigger signings have been out of the blue. Here's to hoping Edward's treats us to another surprise.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14: May 25, 2021 08:49:06 am
      I'd let Nike go out on loan, so they can up their game a lot, I'd bring in as a replacement that guy off the Internet who has a real eye for class and style.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #15: May 25, 2021 09:16:38 am
      Apart from the kids, I would sell or release: Adrian, Origi, Wijnaldum, Minamino, Shaqiri.

I would keep Shaqiri, Grujic, Kabak and Karius until we can replace them all.

I would not loan out N. & R. Williams and Elliott.

If Klopp has issues with Keita, he's off. I do not know what I would do.

We have Kelleher as number 2 keeper now. We can safely bin Karius. Grujic has been on loan for a few years, his future unfortunately does not lie at Liverpool. If he leaves it won't be a squad space which needs replacing.

Shaq's space will be filled by Elliott hopefully.

Kabak to be replaced by Konate hopefully.

Which leaves what we will need to replace Gini, Origi. Maybe Jones can step up to replace Gini though I fully expect the midfield 3 next season to be Fab, Hendo and Thiago.

The other players (Lewis, Woodburn, Ojo etc...) again are not squad players and basically have no future here.

If Keita leaves then that could open another space for a signing in Central midfield.
      BigNothing
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #16: May 25, 2021 02:50:41 pm
      Konate is pretty much nailed on, as an addition. All the reliable journalists are saying its a matter of time. He's with the french u21's for the next few weeks so expect it's sorted when the competition ends.

Outgoings:

Grujic - done ok at Porto and will likely command a decent fee around 10-12m

Wilson - will always score around 10 league goals a season in a team that fits his style, thought Cardiff was an odd choice as they were quite a direct side. Think we could get 10m for him at most.

Shaq- he has great pedigree and again will have a good amount of clubs interested. Just isnt going to get the game time here.

Divock - He's at a good age but we arent going to get much for him, he's hardly played all season, but again, expect a decent amount of takers for him.

Keita - would be the hardest and most expensive deal to sort out, reckon he gets another 12 months to try and salvage his lfc career.

Minamino - did really well at Southampton early on in loan, then didnt play for weeks, then came back in for last 5 games. He's got something but is he going to get sufficient game time here. Probably not.

The youngsters, i have literally no idea.

Woodburn desperately needs a really good loan, he has been hampered with injuries the last 2 seasons and its really stunted his development.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #17: May 25, 2021 04:23:54 pm
      We have Kelleher as number 2 keeper now. We can safely bin Karius. Grujic has been on loan for a few years, his future unfortunately does not lie at Liverpool. If he leaves it won't be a squad space which needs replacing.

Shaq's space will be filled by Elliott hopefully.

Kabak to be replaced by Konate hopefully.

Which leaves what we will need to replace Gini, Origi. Maybe Jones can step up to replace Gini though I fully expect the midfield 3 next season to be Fab, Hendo and Thiago.

The other players (Lewis, Woodburn, Ojo etc...) again are not squad players and basically have no future here.

If Keita leaves then that could open another space for a signing in Central midfield.

As I said I would replace them if we have a good player in mind.

For Karius, I prefer him over Kelleher. If Klopp wants Kelleher I'm ok with him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #18: May 26, 2021 02:36:11 am
      As I said I would replace them if we have a good player in mind.

For Karius, I prefer him over Kelleher. If Klopp wants Kelleher I'm ok with him.

Kelleher needs to go out on loan. He's too good to play U23s all season except for the Cup games or at most Alisson's annual 4-6 week injury. He needs to play day in and out at a higher level than the academy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: May 26, 2021 03:13:30 am
      Kelleher needs to go out on loan. He's too good to play U23s all season except for the Cup games or at most Alisson's annual 4-6 week injury. He needs to play day in and out at a higher level than the academy.

I don't think he even plays that many matches with the U23s.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #20: May 26, 2021 05:04:55 am

Is he really going to the Olympics? Is that confirmed? He's a selfish tw*t to do both.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: May 26, 2021 06:46:50 am
      I feel sorry for Kabak, if he hadn't gotten injured he may well still have been here next seasons. Looks like Nat has nailed that place now. Kabak has put himself in the shop window after playing for us, so good luck to him.
      « Last Edit: May 26, 2021 09:59:38 am by ORCHARD RED »
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #22: May 26, 2021 08:08:05 am
      This is the team that can win PL, FA and CL next season (back-ups):

Alisson(Kelleher)
      Trent(Milner) Konate(Matip) VVD(Joe) Robbo(Tsi)
      Hendo(Jones) Fab(Ox) Thiago(Keita)
      Salah(Elliott) Jota(Bobby) Mané(Shaq)

As u see we are ready to roll as long as we get Konate. We don't need to have a busy summer which is precisely what can help us to make some good deals.

Quick Reply