Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17544 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #23: May 26, 2021 10:16:27 am
      Looks good just got to hope we dont have as many injuries as last season
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24: May 26, 2021 10:35:49 am
      This is the team that can win PL, FA and CL next season (back-ups):

Alisson(Kelleher)
      Trent(Milner) Konate(Matip) VVD(Joe) Robbo(Tsi)
      Hendo(Jones) Fab(Ox) Thiago(Keita)
      Salah(Elliott) Jota(Bobby) Mané(Shaq)

As u see we are ready to roll as long as we get Konate. We don't need to have a busy summer which is precisely what can help us to make some good deals.

We need a bit more freshening up than that.

I agree that were not a million miles away but we need a new midfield and forward.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: May 26, 2021 11:00:30 am
      From that team Shaq will defo be gone.

Guys like ox and naby cant be relied upon as much as we all like them as players.

We possibly need better cover for trent at RB, Milner is a MF who can play various positions when needed, wont be considered RB backup.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26: May 26, 2021 11:14:29 am
      Our spine needs upgrading.

CB which seems to be Konate. He's been injured a hell of a lot and Leipzig have seen our cheeks before over an injured player.

Midfield Gini needs a replacement. We can't rely on the Ox nor do I think he's good enough to start week in week out.

Centre forward Bobby needs replacing. We need a goal scorer. Not an old number 9 but a modern era 9.

We also need a backup RB but we saw how that went last time we got a backup LB so we need to shop wisely
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27: May 26, 2021 11:20:00 am

CB which seems to be Konate. He's been injured a hell of a lot and Leipzig have seen our cheeks before over an injured player.

Midfield Gini needs a replacement. We can't rely on the Ox nor do I think he's good enough to start week in week out.

Centre forward Bobby needs replacing. We need a goal scorer. Not an old number 9 but a modern era 9.

We also need a backup RB but we saw how that went last time we got a backup LB so we need to shop wisely

What's a modern era number 9 in your book ?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #28: May 26, 2021 01:47:07 pm
      Think I said it yesterday, but I’d take Depay at CF... looks nailed on for Koeman at Barca tho, unless he’s not there next season.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #29: May 26, 2021 01:50:10 pm

Actually, before we even go shopping, Edwards and Klopp need to sit down and discuss what Klopp wants from his back-up full backs, otherwise we're going to waste another £10-15m on a back-up full back that Klopp doesn't even stick on the bench. What an extraordinary waste of money that is.

Edwards bought a back-up left back, Kostas, which to be fair was a hole in the squad if you look at it from a computer game point of view, 2 players for each position. Then for whatever reason, not always injuries, Kostas has barely featured as Klopp seems to like to use a core group of about 16 players. Even when the possibility has been there to put a left back on the bench, Klopp has preferred not to.

Seems to me what we really need is a back-up full back who can play both sides to a pretty high standard. Someone like Arbeloa. I don't know how Lewis got on at Newcastle, I think I've read he hasn't been ripping up trees, but this is numbskull Steve Bruce coaching the team. Lewis is a very good little player, decent with both feet, and he'd have been near on perfect, yet we piss about haggling over a few million and end up buying a left back we don't use, and at right back we've got Neco who isn't a patch on Lewis I'm afraid.

That's really not good use of limited transfer budget, and Klopp and Edwards need to sort this out this summer. Edwards has the responsibility to make sure the squad doesn't get neglected and go to rat sh*t. Klopp has the responsibility to win games. So they need to talk to each other.

It's not a priority, first team spots will always come first, but buying a fullback who can play both sides could free up £15m more for a buy to improve the first XI, though that's not going to be easy.

I'd like to see Edwards leaning more to ensuring the average age of the squad doesn't get too high, and is reasonably balanced across the positions. But Klopp should have more control over who we actually buy if he's just not going to use players that are bought for him. A balance needs to be struck, and it doesn't seem to be quite in the right place at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: May 26, 2021 01:51:40 pm

see even though bobby has a no.9 on his back, he aint a traditional 9, hes more of an 7+8+9+10 , he roams around linking the play, no chance he is going anywhere, he may be rotated a wee bit more with Jota and perhaps a new striker, but he is still a major cog in the red machine.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: May 26, 2021 01:53:24 pm
      Kostas has been injured a lot, and I suspect davies fitness and generally getting used to LFC life has stopped him being involved.

A proper pre-season for both these guys will hopefully see them ready to be more involved next season.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32: May 26, 2021 02:03:54 pm

(A)I'd like to see Edwards leaning more to ensuring the average age of the squad doesn't get too high, and is reasonably balanced across the positions. But (B). Klopp should have more control over who we actually buy if he's just not going to use players that are bought for him. A balance needs to be struck, and it doesn't seem to be quite in the right place at the moment.

A. Which is why it makes sense to allow Gini to leave this summer, despite the "give him what he wants!" cries. We cannot get too old and need to start turning the team over

B. Klopp has said from his intro presser that he has the last word on transfers and nowhere has it been reported that this has changed, nor do we have reason to believe it has without it being reported.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #33: May 26, 2021 02:16:10 pm

Actually, before we even go shopping, Edwards and Klopp need to sit down and discuss what Klopp wants from his back-up full backs, otherwise we're going to waste another £10-15m on a back-up full back that Klopp doesn't even stick on the bench. What an extraordinary waste of money that is.

Edwards bought a back-up left back, Kostas, which to be fair was a hole in the squad if you look at it from a computer game point of view, 2 players for each position. Then for whatever reason, not always injuries, Kostas has barely featured as Klopp seems to like to use a core group of about 16 players. Even when the possibility has been there to put a left back on the bench, Klopp has preferred not to.

Seems to me what we really need is a back-up full back who can play both sides to a pretty high standard. Someone like Arbeloa. I don't know how Lewis got on at Newcastle, I think I've read he hasn't been ripping up trees, but this is numbskull Steve Bruce coaching the team. Lewis is a very good little player, decent with both feet, and he'd have been near on perfect, yet we piss about haggling over a few million and end up buying a left back we don't use, and at right back we've got Neco who isn't a patch on Lewis I'm afraid.

That's really not good use of limited transfer budget, and Klopp and Edwards need to sort this out this summer. Edwards has the responsibility to make sure the squad doesn't get neglected and go to rat sh*t. Klopp has the responsibility to win games. So they need to talk to each other.

It's not a priority, first team spots will always come first, but buying a fullback who can play both sides could free up £15m more for a buy to improve the first XI, though that's not going to be easy.

I'd like to see Edwards leaning more to ensuring the average age of the squad doesn't get too high, and is reasonably balanced across the positions. But Klopp should have more control over who we actually buy if he's just not going to use players that are bought for him. A balance needs to be struck, and it doesn't seem to be quite in the right place at the moment.

You've been told before, plenty of times, that Klopp has the last word.
      He's said it often enough himself.

So I can only assume you persist with this lie as either a setup for later, or just to try and stir the sh*t.

Either way, it's getting boring, and in case you hadn't noticed, it isn't working, except to identify you as a WUM.

Give it a F***ing rest.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #34: May 26, 2021 02:24:18 pm
      You've been told before, plenty of times, that Klopp has the last word.
      He's said it often enough himself.

And there’s no point forcing a player down on him which he wouldn’t use even though numbers make sense.

For example paying £16m for a Balotelli worth £40m. It just doesn’t work that way. If Klopp doesn’t endorse the player, the £16m can rot away. In this example, that £16m eventually became £0m. How senseless would top management be if Klopp doesn’t endorse the player. It was a value buy financially but the money rotted away.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #35: May 26, 2021 02:24:42 pm
      If we can unload Shaq and Origi and Minamino then I'd root to go for Zaha. He brings some nastiness into our front line.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: May 26, 2021 03:55:15 pm
      If we can unload Shaq and Origi and Minamino then I'd root to go for Zaha. He brings some nastiness into our front line.

We can do better than that ex-manc dud, id rather young elliott got a game over him.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #37: May 26, 2021 05:50:30 pm

Another big fish in a small pond. He’s recently said he won’t stay at palace, he wants to play for a top 6 side.

Can’t remember hearing any reports about top 6 coaches getting caught in the rush.

Legend in his own head !
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #38: May 26, 2021 07:02:36 pm

Either way, it's getting boring, and in case you hadn't noticed, it isn't working, except to identify you as a WUM.

Give it a f**king rest.

a WUM is someone who posts stuff you don't understand is it?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #39: May 26, 2021 07:13:22 pm

Klopp has said from his intro presser that he has the last word on transfers and nowhere has it been reported that this has changed, nor do we have reason to believe it has without it being reported.

It's right there in front of (y)our eyes, players bought that he just doesn't use, even when they're fit.

What Klopp says is irrelevant, it's what he does that is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Whether he has the last word on transfers or not is not the point, what matters is we're not optimising our transfer budget, so Edwards and Klopp need to discuss ways to improve how they work together.

Or are people saying that our transfer dealings are perfect?

As for Gini, your point is fair enough, but the execution of it was poor. Klopp clearly didn't want him to go, and we got £0 for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40: May 26, 2021 08:37:56 pm
      your not going to get the right sort of players to come and sit on the bench. Dont get your hopes up I dont see many changes especially with Virgil,Joe and Joel back along with Hendo.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #41: May 27, 2021 08:50:29 am
      your not going to get the right sort of players to come and sit on the bench. Dont get your hopes up I dont see many changes especially with Virgil,Joe and Joel back along with Hendo.

Joe and Joel for how much long? That is the question!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #42: May 27, 2021 09:58:56 am
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: May 27, 2021 11:06:48 am
      a WUM is someone who posts stuff you don't understand is it?

nah, a WUM is someone who lies then posts sh*t like this when they get pulled about it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44: May 27, 2021 11:08:25 am

It's right there in front of (y)our eyes, players bought that he just doesn't use, even when they're fit.

What Klopp says is irrelevant, it's what he does that is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Whether he has the last word on transfers or not is not the point, what matters is we're not optimising our transfer budget, so Edwards and Klopp need to discuss ways to improve how they work together.

As for Gini, your point is fair enough, but the execution of it was poor. Klopp clearly didn't want him to go, and we got £0 for him.

But what some F***ing no mark says on a forum is truth?
       :lmao:

Just exactly how far up your own arse are you fella?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #45: May 27, 2021 11:47:08 am

Virgil, Mo, Alli, Mane, Jota, Gini, Thiago...he seems to use the ones he bought correctly in general. Ever thought maybe he doesn't use some of his players for good reason?

People come out with the weirdest comments. What one of the most successful managers in the global game managing one of the biggest clubs in the world says about which players he buys is not relevant?

It's been well analysed how our transfer system works. There is a whole data driven science with a team of analysts behind scouting and transfer targets, with Klopp having the last word. Simple as that. What you're suggesting is that we sometimes buy a player whether Klopp likes it or not. Sounds funnier every time I think about this.

Literally not one person in the forum said this, so not sure why you put it this way. What we see is that there has been a very evident uplift in quality and depth of squad under Klopp over the past 5 years. Of the big transfers, we get more right than others and we discover our fare share of bargains that go onto become huge. Nit picking individual failures or those that didn't cut it does not disprove that.

Nobody wanted him to go, but that's nothing to do with the transfer policy. That relates to wage policy of current players, specifically referring to those over the age of 30. The only mistake I would have seen was not to renegotiate his contract 2 years ago to keep him for a further 2 years, but again, nothing to do with transfer policy.

Quick Reply