Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17539 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #92: May 28, 2021 01:03:40 pm
      I did spot it earlier but couldn't wrap my head around simply how good Shaqiri must be in the sack - or how you'd know - that he can charge £15m

Maybe his cock is as thick as his calves

Happily I have no knowledge of this.  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #93: May 28, 2021 01:29:00 pm
      Pearce article covers all the bases. Shaq and Origi most likely off, but Ox and Naby will stay, as will Tsimikas and Neco Williams. Kabak has gone back to Germany, but Phillips, Rhys and apparently even Ben Davies will enter preseason with us.

One aspect of this we don't like to think about is we don't know what to expect from Virgil, Joe and Joel for the beginning of the season. Will they be fit? What will they be like? You can't assume when you are ma aging the club..

Don't think we'll have any worries mate, Virgil & Joe in particular will chomping at the bit and fired up, Matip might need easing in though,  be interesting to see if Konate comes straight in or go through the Klopp scrutiny and get him Klopp ready like he did with Robbo?

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #94: May 28, 2021 01:30:38 pm
      Just to be sure no one on here really buys into the Mbappe nonsense right?

I’d love for it to happen, not sure how it could though unless we did something shady 😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #95: May 28, 2021 01:31:37 pm
      If the attitude is "I think Klopp probably knows what we need" then what's the point of this thread?

I thought this thread was about our opinions on what we need?

Yes, and my opinion in this case is that Klopp probably knows what he needs foe his striker more than you do.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #96: May 28, 2021 01:35:56 pm
      I think we'll sign konate  :P
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #97: May 28, 2021 01:36:59 pm
      Konate deal reached, buyout £35m all up front. Terms agreed already with the player
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #98: May 28, 2021 01:46:03 pm
      We will never get Grealish, since City are in for him and they will offer 100M.

I've not seen anything about City's interest, but would Grealish even want to go there?  He would likely be an impact sub or rotation player in the City lineup.  Here he could walk straight in and be a regular starter in the #10 role. 

If Grealish can't be had, there's plenty of other options.  Inter look like they will need to sell a few of their key players.  Wouldn't mind us having a look at Lautauro Martinez even though he's not really a like-for-like alternative. 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #99: May 28, 2021 01:49:32 pm
      I've not seen anything about City's interest, but would Grealish even want to go there?  He would likely be an impact sub or rotation player in the City lineup.  Here he could walk straight in and be a regular starter in the #10 role. 

If Grealish can't be had, there's plenty of other options.  Inter look like they will need to sell a few of their key players.  Wouldn't mind us having a look at Lautauro Martinez even though he's not really a like-for-like alternative. 

Its otherwise, he is only mentioned for City. I prefer Lautaro.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #100: May 28, 2021 01:59:21 pm
      Just to be sure no one on here really buys into the Mbappe nonsense right?

I do. Just because I want it to happen, I expect FSG to find or cough up the money somewhere and somehow, even miraculously or magically. Otherwise, we will not ease our effort to win the big prize.

Being £35m poorer is a good thing but we cannot stop there. We need to be more aggressive in spending money... than City. In other words, we need to be spending £60-100m more from today. Come on FSG don’t stop there. Deplete your cash. Borrow to fund acquisitions. Put the player down as collateral. Give us more money to spend.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #101: May 28, 2021 02:03:00 pm
      I do. Just because I want it to happen, I expect FSG to find or cough up the money somewhere and somehow, even miraculously or magically. Otherwise, we will not ease our effort to win the big prize.

Being £35m poorer is a good thing but we cannot stop there. We need to be more aggressive in spending money... than City. In other words, we need to be spending £60-100m more from today. Come on FSG don’t stop there. Deplete your cash. Borrow to fund acquisitions. Put the player down as collateral. Give us more money to spend.

I know you’re being sarcastic - even though it often doesn’t land

But if they’re only spending £60-£100 more then we wouldn’t be getting anywhere near Mbappe
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #102: May 28, 2021 02:06:27 pm

But if they’re only spending £60-£100 more then we wouldn’t be getting anywhere near Mbappe

Which is why i don't think Mbappe moves this summer, or Haaland, or Kane.

However, there was talk of Chelsea offering players plus cash for Kane (i think) which may be the best way for teams to get these big-name players since everyone is hurting financially.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #103: May 28, 2021 02:18:03 pm

It sounds more like I’m naive or short sighted or I’m behaving like a spoilt kid expecting me folks to buy me expensive toys without considering where they’d find the money.

Well I just assume they have unlimited money. Any failure to cough out what I expect is just unwillingness to genuinely compete for the top prize.

Naive. Childish.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #104: May 28, 2021 02:20:52 pm
      It sounds more like I’m naive or short sighted or I’m behaving like a spoilt kid expecting me folks to buy me expensive toys without considering where they’d find the money.

Well I just assume they have unlimited money. Any failure to cough out what I expect is just unwillingness to genuinely compete for the top prize.

Naive. Childish.

Well nobody is conscious of their nativity or short sightedness

So to be aware of that and putting that across is simple sarcasm
      But like I say it very rarely lands
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #105: May 28, 2021 02:33:21 pm
      Well nobody is conscious of their nativity or short sightedness

So to be aware of that and putting that across is simple sarcasm
      But like I say it very rarely lands

I was because I used to think in this manner.

£35m out, now they’ve to balance the books. The money will be funded by somewhere from within. We made I think £200m for third place? That’s not money we could spend. £350m thereabouts are staff wages.

If we want another £60m player, we’ll have to think of how they’d fund it. One simple way to take Redbird’s recent investment money for us to spend. Otherwise we’d have to rationalise who the potential exits are, how much we can raise to find the funds for the targeted acquisition.

We can talk about £150m acquisitions. The real question is do we have or can we fund it internally even if we wanted to. Even that prize money isn’t enough to pay for staff wages.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #106: May 28, 2021 03:25:25 pm
      Good to see early business being done, now a CM and a CF and I’ll be a happy boy. A veteran GK for backup too and you won’t get any complaints from me.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #107: May 28, 2021 03:48:49 pm
      However, there was talk of Chelsea offering players plus cash for Kane (i think) which may be the best way for teams to get these big-name players since everyone is hurting financially.
      So do you think they'd let Werner go, and would we want him anyway? 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #108: May 28, 2021 05:22:37 pm
      Which is why i don't think Mbappe moves this summer, or Haaland, or Kane.

Mbappe has to move this summer I believe or PSG will lose him on a free next summer?

Haaland Dortmund can wait till next summer, but they risk making considerably less on him. Kane, that's a tough one. I can't see Levy letting him go, but can he really afford to keep a player that's likely to push more heavily for a move (he's not getting any younger).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #109: May 28, 2021 07:05:23 pm
      Mbappe has to move this summer I believe or PSG will lose him on a free next summer?

Haaland Dortmund can wait till next summer, but they risk making considerably less on him. Kane, that's a tough one. I can't see Levy letting him go, but can he really afford to keep a player that's likely to push more heavily for a move (he's not getting any younger).

Mbappe will sign a new contract
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #110: May 28, 2021 08:32:40 pm

Not if he desires a move to a proper league he won’t
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #111: May 29, 2021 12:44:01 pm
      Could Brexit help us offload some of those fringe players to Premier League clubs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the likes of Shaq, Origi, Grujic, Minamino... do not require a work permit, as they were in the country pre-Brexit, unlike overseas players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #112: May 29, 2021 01:27:03 pm

That will depend on the inevitable manager Merry-go-round, Spuds needs a new gaffer, Pochettino fits the bill, PSG will then need a new manager, Zidane fits the bill, RM will need a new manager, Conte fits the bill, Juve, have just fu**ed off Pirlo, and they could sign Reg Hollis, who was in The Bill, 😂

It’s just a matter of time when all the stars align on the first full moon of June, and everything will fall into place, Kane could end up at City, but honestly I can’t see Pep signing a player with glass ankles, so would Mbappe fit in better, I doubt it and Pep would need to change his style to suit and that ain’t gonna happen, Haaland is a ideal fit but Dortmund won’t let him go this season, none of this matters, because they all have a major problem and that problem is us,

If Zidane does indeed end up in Paris Mbappe won’t go anywhere, we’ll not this season coming he won’t, but he could be sold to finance a new regime under Zidane the following season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #113: May 30, 2021 03:33:59 pm
      Why would Pochettino leave PSG to go back to Spurs where he’ll have to basically rebuild without Kane? At PSG he’ll have an unlimited budget to win L1 and challenge for the CL.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #114: May 30, 2021 03:59:23 pm
      Why would Pochettino leave PSG to go back to Spurs where he’ll have to basically rebuild without Kane? At PSG he’ll have an unlimited budget to win L1 and challenge for the CL.

Too easy @ PSG, only Lille to worry about, sh*t league,  he can rebuild at Spuds with the £100m odd he'd get from the Kane sale, and possibly another £40m+ when Son fucks off too, if asked he'd choose Spuds, vying in the best league with the best managers, its the ultimate  challenge,  Klopp, Pep, Tuchel,  Ancelotti as adversaries, its a no brainer,  or he could just choose to stay in Paris with his thumb up his arse waiting for Lille to visit once a season and put up with that moaning faced c**t Neymar,

What would you do ?

Quick Reply