Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17729 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #115: May 30, 2021 04:18:54 pm

Too easy @ PSG, only Lille to worry about, sh*t league,  he can rebuild at Spuds with the £100m odd he'd get from the Kane sale, and possibly another £40m+ when Son fucks off too, if asked he'd choose Spuds, vying in the best league with the best managers, its the ultimate  challenge,  Klopp, Pep, Tuchel,  Ancelotti as adversaries, its a no brainer,  or he could just choose to stay in Paris with his thumb up his arse waiting for Lille to visit once a season and put up with that moaning faced C**t Neymar,

What would you do ?

I know what I would do but that may not be what Poch does. At the end of the day, he did choose to go to PSG despite what you just mentioned.

Plus he hasn’t won any significant trophies in his coaching career yet, so he may want to at least get 1 league title in Paris as he wouldn’t sniff the league or European trophies with Spurs.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #116: May 30, 2021 04:37:22 pm
      Why would Pochettino leave PSG to go back to Spurs where he’ll have to basically rebuild without Kane? At PSG he’ll have an unlimited budget to win L1 and challenge for the CL.
      There is a deep power struggle between Leonardo (sporting director) and the manager. It's the main reason Tuchel left. And it seems the same is happening with Poch. That cannot be a healthy work environment.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #117: May 30, 2021 05:04:53 pm
      There is a deep power struggle between Leonardo (sporting director) and the manager. It's the main reason Tuchel left. And it seems the same is happening with Poch. That cannot be a healthy work environment.

Was not aware of this, but it only makes it funnier to read how difficult Klopp has it here ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #118: May 30, 2021 05:41:15 pm

Levy and Poch didn’t exactly part as best friends?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #119: May 30, 2021 08:44:54 pm
      I personally think there’s a deal for Mbappe going on behind closed doors. Only my opinion though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #120: May 30, 2021 09:47:52 pm
      I personally think there’s a deal for Mbappe going on behind closed doors. Only my opinion though.

well mate your opinion is as good as anyone elses.
      According to some people this club has always been short of cash to buy top players but I remember Alun Evans £100,000 the most expensive teenage signing at the time then of Course the King himself ,John Barnes who was the highest paid player in the league when he signed for us at £6500 per week give or take. Would Mbappe fit a club with 6 CL trophies in the cabinet and 19 league titles well he plays for PSG so this would be a move up the ladder for him.
      Sadly unless Nike pay his wages  he will end up going to bankrupt Barca or corrupt RM.
      I personally think we have a first X1 to beat any team but you cant get a spare Virgil to sit on the Bench so its going to be an interesting summer
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #121: May 30, 2021 11:18:02 pm
      Could Brexit help us offload some of those fringe players to Premier League clubs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the likes of Shaq, Origi, Grujic, Minamino... do not require a work permit, as they were in the country pre-Brexit, unlike overseas players.

Pretty sure 3 of those players you mentioned will require work permits. Origi might be okay as he's Belgian so might be able to get EU settled status though God help him if he leaves the country and tries to get back in, the UK Border Agency will be dragging him off to be interrogated.

Shaq is Swiss, Grujic Serbian, Taki Japanese, none of those EU countries so Brexit is irrelevant, but they'll need work permits, yep, and I can't imagine they would get their permits refused; nor would Div if he needed one.

If the Tories make it hard to get work permits, meaning less players get them, then those that do get them inherently become more attractive/valuable, so we might find it easier to move them on and for a better price, but there'd have to be some gigantic tightening of the rules before it hits the Prem. The lower leagues are littered with foreign players and I reckon they'll be the target, not Prem standard players.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #122: May 31, 2021 01:57:16 am
      I would love for your opinion to be fact. Not that it would really guarantee success but it would certainly be nice to bring one of the top 2 or 3 prospects in the world to our club. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #123: May 31, 2021 03:49:09 am
      well mate your opinion is as good as anyone elses.
      According to some people this club has always been short of cash to buy top players but I remember Alun Evans £100,000 the most expensive teenage signing at the time then of Course the King himself ,John Barnes who was the highest paid player in the league when he signed for us at £6500 per week give or take. Would Mbappe fit a club with 6 CL trophies in the cabinet and 19 league titles well he plays for PSG so this would be a move up the ladder for him.
      Sadly unless Nike pay his wages  he will end up going to bankrupt Barca or corrupt RM.
      I personally think we have a first X1 to beat any team but you cant get a spare Virgil to sit on the Bench so its going to be an interesting summer

I can only imagine a deal for Mbappe if, when that RedBird company (or whatever it was called) bought into FSG, they negotiated something along the lines of "150 million of this is to buy Mbappe" or something along those lines (and likely involving  Nike as well). There are potential issues with anything like that of course, including Klopp's jealous guardianship of team chemistry, etc. But on the other hand, it would mean Mbappe would become a Liverpool player, so.... :-)

It's a pleasant fantasy, anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #124: May 31, 2021 10:02:21 am
      I can only imagine a deal for Mbappe if, when that RedBird company (or whatever it was called) bought into FSG, they negotiated something along the lines of "150 million of this is to buy Mbappe" or something along those lines (and likely involving  Nike as well). There are potential issues with anything like that of course, including Klopp's jealous guardianship of team chemistry, etc. But on the other hand, it would mean Mbappe would become a Liverpool player, so.... :-)

It's a pleasant fantasy, anyway.

Ref Jurgens ‘jealous guardianship of team chemistry’  I don’t think Mbappe would disrupt that, in fact I think he’d fit in well. Unlike Neymar or Haaland.
      Only my opinion of course, but I really do think Klopp has eyes on Mbappe.
      Wow, what a front line we’d have to pick from with the four we have plus Mbappe. Things dreams are made of 😊
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #125: May 31, 2021 10:17:33 am
      Ref Jurgens ‘jealous guardianship of team chemistry’  I don’t think Mbappe would disrupt that, in fact I think he’d fit in well. Unlike Neymar or Haaland.
      Wow, what a front line we’d have to pick from with the four we have plus Mbappe. Things dreams are made of 😊

I think it would wreck the wage structure even if it could be done which I don’t think for a second we have the funds but even if we did the wage structure and then potentially therefore team unity and happiness would be affected

If he came in on what his likely demands would be, then other players would want to be on similar parity. Can’t imagine our best players (certainly their agents ) being happy that someone comes in on somewhere in the region of 100k plus more than them

There was a story going around about Trents and Robbos wages, now obviously they wouldn’t want a hike to Mbappes level but they certainly would want cashing in to somewhat parity, that alone could add £5m a year to the wage bill plus the £15m a year for Mbappe and that not thinking what the likes of Salah, Mane Virgil et al would want in their up coming contract talks

The wage structure would be shattered with one signing

If Mbappe isn’t here then the club could talk to the likes of Salah and honestly stand there and say they would give him a 30-50k wage increase and that by that they’re making him the clubs top earner
      If you add Mbappe to the mix then to get him near the top earner at the club you’d have to add 100-120k to his wages or 5-6m a year

It’s fantasy, and one that we can’t get near

Transfer fee. No
      His wage. No
      The effect to other players wage demands. No
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #126: May 31, 2021 12:08:58 pm
      Have we not learned from the David Villa, David Silva and many more threads over the years?

We'll have another 10 pages on how Klopp will fit Mbappe in the team, what his wages will be like, what number he'll wear and where he'll live.

We had one fit centre back at the club and when he got injured we signed Kabak and Ben Davies from Preston who's never played. What makes any of you think those same buyers will now go and sign Kyllian M f**king Bappe?

Speaking of Ben Davies, he's on £60k a week!

That's more than Trent and Robbo. Who the f**k signed this guy?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #127: May 31, 2021 12:16:27 pm
      I think it would wreck the wage structure even if it could be done which I don’t think for a second we have the funds but even if we did the wage structure and then potentially therefore team unity and happiness would be affected

If he came in on what his likely demands would be, then other players would want to be on similar parity. Can’t imagine our best players (certainly their agents ) being happy that someone comes in on somewhere in the region of 100k plus more than them

[...]

Transfer fee. No
      His wage. No

We could sign him on a Bosman (next summer), absolutely possible. We certainly couldn't sign him in the next 5 years if he agrees an extension with PSG in the next few weeks.

We could afford his wages if there's no transfer fee to pay, even if he asked for £500k a week. Sure he'd earn £100m over 4 years but paying £100m to get a player that must be worth £200m makes sense.

As for the other players, they know full well they don't live in a communist state and all get equal wages. If Mbappé's on £500k a week it's because the club think he's worth it. It's tough sh*t if they're only on £80k. That's football.

Do I think we'll sign him - no.
      Is it an impossible dream - no.

If any of the players didn't like it, there's the door. We'd only need 2 players anyway. Alisson saves, gathers the ball, boots it upfield to Mbappé who no look volleys it into the net from the halfway line while doing a cartwheel. Rinse and repeat. Who needs a defence and a midfield.

He seems like a real grounded kid to me. Not convinced he's got any affection for PSG or that bellend he has to play up front with. Would all depend on whether he wants to play in a competitive league or just take another easy option and nip off to Spain for the easy life of La liga.

La Liga does seem to attract the absolute top players in general though. For all the billions of pounds sloshing around the Premier League, we no longer seem to be able to attract the rockstar level of player that Chelsea were signing 20 years ago: Gullit, Desailly, Vialli et al. You wonder just how much money Abramovitch must have chucked at those players to get them to sign for Chelsea. It must have been monumental amounts of cash, even well beyond what Manchester City are chucking about these days.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #128: May 31, 2021 12:23:51 pm
      Have we not learned from the David Villa, David Silva and many more threads over the years?

We'll have another 10 pages on how Klopp will fit Mbappe in the team, what his wages will be like, what number he'll wear and where he'll live.

We had one fit centre back at the club and when he got injured we signed Kabak and Ben Davies from Preston who's never played. What makes any of you think those same buyers will now go and sign Kyllian M f**king Bappe?

Speaking of Ben Davies, he's on £60k a week!

That's more than Trent and Robbo. Who the f**k signed this guy?

I very much doubt Ben Davies is on that much
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #129: May 31, 2021 12:48:05 pm
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #130: May 31, 2021 12:50:00 pm

We could sign him on a Bosman (next summer), absolutely possible. We certainly couldn't sign him in the next 5 years if he agrees an extension with PSG in the next few weeks.

We could afford his wages if there's no transfer fee to pay, even if he asked for £500k a week. Sure he'd earn £100m over 4 years but paying £100m to get a player that must be worth £200m makes sense.

As for the other players, they know full well they don't live in a communist state and all get equal wages. If Mbappé's on £500k a week it's because the club think he's worth it. It's tough sh*t if they're only on £80k. That's football.

Do I think we'll sign him - no.
      Is it an impossible dream - no.

If any of the players didn't like it, there's the door. We'd only need 2 players anyway. Alisson saves, gathers the ball, boots it upfield to Mbappé who no look volleys it into the net from the halfway line while doing a cartwheel. Rinse and repeat. Who needs a defence and a midfield.

He seems like a real grounded kid to me. Not convinced he's got any affection for PSG or that bellend he has to play up front with. Would all depend on whether he wants to play in a competitive league or just take another easy option and nip off to Spain for the easy life of La liga.

La Liga does seem to attract the absolute top players in general though. For all the billions of pounds sloshing around the Premier League, we no longer seem to be able to attract the rockstar level of player that Chelsea were signing 20 years ago: Gullit, Desailly, Vialli et al. You wonder just how much money Abramovitch must have chucked at those players to get them to sign for Chelsea. It must have been monumental amounts of cash, even well beyond what Manchester City are chucking about these days.

He didn't own the club when those players signed
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #131: May 31, 2021 01:01:08 pm
      He didn't own the club when those players signed

Ken Bates owned Chelsea at that point. RA took Chelsea over in 2003 I think didn’t he?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #132: May 31, 2021 01:56:17 pm
      The club won’t be spending over a £100mil on Mbappe - we just aren’t the club that will look to do that.

As for Ben Davies

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/29/report-what-liverpool-defender-ben-davies-has-been-told/%3famp
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #133: May 31, 2021 02:37:19 pm

When I say that I don't mean that Mbappe's is a bad apple. I don't have any idea what he is like as part of a group. I was thinking more of the wage structure and the idea that he would automatically displace someone in the starting XI, that sort of thing. None of that is a reason to NOT sign someone on their own, but it would be a factor in making a decision to buy.

I don't expect it to happen, but yeah, this player is exceptional.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #134: May 31, 2021 02:40:41 pm
      When I say that I don't mean that Mbappe's is a bad apple. I don't have any idea what he is like as part of a group. I was thinking more of the wage structure and the idea that he would automatically displace someone in the starting XI, that sort of thing. None of that is a reason to NOT sign someone on their own, but it would be a factor in making a decision to buy.

I don't expect it to happen, but yeah, this player is exceptional.

In the unlikely event Mbappe were to come, it’s pretty clear one of Mane or Salah have to go to make room in the starting lineup. None of those 3 players will be willing to take a diminished role and go from starting players to rotating one.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #135: May 31, 2021 02:58:45 pm
      There is literally no chance of us getting a Haaland or Mbappe. Did anyone seriously think it could happen?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #136: May 31, 2021 03:35:28 pm
      There is literally no chance of us getting a Haaland or Mbappe. Did anyone seriously think it could happen?

As I said, a pleasant fantasy.

When I was young I was much better at fantasizing about impossible things, but now that I'm older and weathered with the harsh realities of Planet Earth, even when I try to daydream I get interrupted with this loud internal voice booming "THIS will never happen." A real buzzkill that.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #137: May 31, 2021 05:44:47 pm

There was a story going around about Trents and Robbos wages, now obviously they wouldn’t want a hike to Mbappes level but they certainly would want cashing in to somewhat parity, that alone could add £5m a year to the wage bill plus the £15m a year for Mbappe and that not thinking what the likes of Salah, Mane Virgil et al would want in their up coming contract talks

The wage structure would be shattered with one signing

If Mbappe isn’t here then the club could talk to the likes of Salah and honestly stand there and say they would give him a 30-50k wage increase and that by that they’re making him the clubs top earner
      If you add Mbappe to the mix then to get him near the top earner at the club you’d have to add 100-120k to his wages or 5-6m a year

Transfer fee. No
      His wage. No

Never understood this….Salah already makes boatloads more than many of our players. Do they resent him? Are they asking to be on his wages? Does Trent ask for a raise to be equal to Salah because he provides assists for a lot of his goals?

These guys know what’s up. Not everyone makes the same amount and there are valid reasons for it. If Andy Robertson wants to be paid the same as the top earner in his team, he won’t be on a very good team unfortunately.

Quick Reply