Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17529 times
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #138: May 31, 2021 06:51:53 pm
      Never understood this….Salah already makes boatloads more than many of our players. Do they resent him? Are they asking to be on his wages? Does Trent ask for a raise to be equal to Salah because he provides assists for a lot of his goals?

These guys know what’s up. Not everyone makes the same amount and there are valid reasons for it. If Andy Robertson wants to be paid the same as the top earner in his team, he won’t be on a very good team unfortunately.

I didn’t say Trent or Robbo would want to be top earner 🤷‍♂️

But it’s likely our top earners agents would be in their players ears saying that now they earn 100k or whatever less than the top earner and I’d almost guarantee that they would want parity

Whether you understand it or not

There’s talk Salah is looking at a new deal now, Virgil and Ali too, you don’t surely think they’ll sign that for the same money? No matter how you think they earn now, they know their value and standing and won’t won’t to be so far off of the top earner if an Mbappe came in and signed a 300k or whatever

It’s the real world sorry
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #139: May 31, 2021 08:26:50 pm
      I didn’t say Trent or Robbo would want to be top earner 🤷‍♂️

But it’s likely our top earners agents would be in their players ears saying that now they earn 100k or whatever less than the top earner and I’d almost guarantee that they would want parity

Whether you understand it or not

There’s talk Salah is looking at a new deal now, Virgil and Ali too, you don’t surely think they’ll sign that for the same money? No matter how you think they earn now, they know their value and standing and won’t won’t to be so far off of the top earner if an Mbappe came in and signed a 300k or whatever

It’s the real world sorry

If they know their value and standing, then they'd be silly to think they should be getting paid what an Mbappe should be paid.

So if we were somehow able to sign Messi on a free we shouldn't do it because of the salary disparity that it would cause? Nah...that's not how things work.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #140: May 31, 2021 09:55:26 pm
      If they know their value and standing, then they'd be silly to think they should be getting paid what an Mbappe should be paid.

So if we were somehow able to sign Messi on a free we shouldn't do it because of the salary disparity that it would cause? Nah...that's not how things work.

I think you’ll find it is, depending on the level and the who

Do you really not think if Mbappe came in then Salah, having what he has done in recent years at the club, it being his last big contract, his standing in the game that he wouldn’t ask for parity

Then you’re naive

I’m not talking all players asking for the same wage I’m talking the best players

Then the knock on is all the way down. And that could cost millions a year being added to the wage bill

Again, just in case you’re a bit simple, I’m not saying every player asking for 300k here

There is a reason we don’t sign that type of player, because it doesn’t fit our structure. We build them up through the scales, not drop them in at the top of a scale, let alone higher than our scale
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #141: Jun 01, 2021 02:53:40 am
      I think you’ll find it is, depending on the level and the who

Do you really not think if Mbappe came in then Salah, having what he has done in recent years at the club, it being his last big contract, his standing in the game that he wouldn’t ask for parity

Then you’re naive

I’m not talking all players asking for the same wage I’m talking the best players

Then the knock on is all the way down. And that could cost millions a year being added to the wage bill

Again, just in case you’re a bit simple, I’m not saying every player asking for 300k here

There is a reason we don’t sign that type of player, because it doesn’t fit our structure. We build them up through the scales, not drop them in at the top of a scale, let alone higher than our scale

You can knock off the childish little insults fella. You have your opinion and that’s fine, I’m telling you that I don’t agree. We can agree to disagree without acting like little bitches eh?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #142: Jun 08, 2021 12:12:35 pm
      There is literally no chance of us getting a Haaland or Mbappe. Did anyone seriously think it could happen?

exactly.

Its like was mentioned somewhere else, salah or mane would have to be sold for silly money to even consider one of them, and at their minute & dont see those players wanting to leave or indeed klopp wanting to sell. This time next season might be a different story though. I have a sneaky that next season could be the last together for our front 3.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #143: Jun 08, 2021 03:58:31 pm
      Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      Good to see early business being done, now a  veteran GK for backup too and you won’t get any complaints from me.

We already have one. He's hitting his mid thirties now.

If anything, we probably have too many keepers on the books, all vying for the coveted No. 2 slot. But it looks like one, possibly both Kelleher and San Miguel could be out of here by the end of August. I would happily let anyone else go, if they can't be trusted to play 3-4 games in a row without breaking down.

As regards Mbappé, it's a non starter. If we want more pace, Traore from Wolves would be more realistic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #144: Jun 08, 2021 05:19:56 pm
      We already have one. He's hitting his mid thirties now.

If anything, we probably have too many keepers on the books, all vying for the coveted No. 2 slot. But it looks like one, possibly both Kelleher and San Miguel could be out of here by the end of August. I would happily let anyone else go, if they can't be trusted to play 3-4 games in a row without breaking down.

As regards Mbappé, it's a non starter. If we want more pace, Traore from Wolves would be more realistic.

Traore is overrated because he's a speed merchant.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #145: Jun 08, 2021 06:17:05 pm
      I very much doubt Ben Davies is on that much

2021 Active Roster
      Thiago                 30       £10,400,000   £200,000
      Mohamed Salah   F   28       £10,400,000   £200,000
      Roberto Firmino   F   29       £9,360,000   £180,000
      Virgil Van Dijk   D   29       £9,360,000   £180,000
      Alisson Becker   GK   28       £7,800,000   £150,000
      Jordan Henderson   30       £7,280,000   £140,000
      James Milner   M   35       £7,280,000   £140,000
      Naby Keita   M   26       £6,240,000   £120,000
      Alex Oxlade-C   M   27       £6,240,000   £120,000
      Sadio Mane   F   29       £5,200,000   £100,000
      Joel Matip   D           29            £5,200,000   £100,000
      Fabinho Tavares   M   27       £5,200,000   £100,000
      Diogo Jota   F          24       £4,700,000   £90,385
      Xherdan Shaqiri   M   29       £4,160,000   £80,000
      Trent Alexand   D   22       £3,900,000   £75,000
      Joe Gomez   D   24       £3,900,000   £75,000
      Takumi Minamino   26       £3,900,000   £75,000
      Ben Davies   D   25       £3,120,000   £60,000
      Divock Origi   F   26       £3,120,000   £60,000
      Tsimikas          D      25       £3,120,000   £60,000
      Robbo          D   27       £2,600,000   £50,000
      Adrian San    GK   34       £2,600,000   £50,000
      Neco Williams   D   20       £1,300,000   £25,000
      Kelleher   GK           22       £800,000           £15,385
      Ben Woodburn   M   21       £624,000     £12,000
      Curtis Jones   M   20       £390,000     £7,500 /possibly £15,000
      Kamil Grabara   GK   22       £260,000           £5,000
      Taiwo Awoniyi   F   23       -   -

I checked a few sites this looked about right bar one or two

It said Harvey went from £145 a week to £7,500 recently , Robbo was a shock TBH but it's all getting reviewed in the near future as to what is anyone's guess, I did think the guy coming in for covering Robbo earning more was weird but its at the time I suppose
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2021 06:28:32 pm by Cad1875 »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #146: Jun 08, 2021 06:31:59 pm
      Traore is overrated because he's a speed merchant.

Agreed. Pace catches the eye and is apt to deceive; Djibril Cissé is the paradigm example. Traore is a beast physically but I’m not sure he’s a particularly complete footballer when you look beyond his speed and crossing ability.

You can have all the pace and physical attributes you like but it takes a good deal more in the way of guile, subtlety and footballing intelligence to make it at the very highest level — qualities Jota has to the required degree but which I think his former teammate lacks.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #147: Jun 11, 2021 08:05:51 am
      If everyone is fully fit and available I would play:

Alisson
      Trent              Konate             VVD            Robertson
                                      Fabinho
                          Henderson      Thiago
      Jota                                                          Mane
                                        Salah

I would convert Salah as our 9.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez,Tsimikas, Phillips, Jones, Firmino, AOC.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #148: Jun 11, 2021 11:52:25 am
      I'd like us to try get Depay.

Not a fan of the rapping stuff but he can play across the front and would give us a major option.

Possibly take Firminos place
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #149: Jun 15, 2021 06:36:31 am
      I'd like us to try get Depay.

Not a fan of the rapping stuff but he can play across the front and would give us a major option.

Possibly take Firminos place

With a point to prove having played with the Scum.

If he is after a huge payroll more than 110,000 he's greedy.

Good option.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #150: Jun 15, 2021 06:42:34 pm
      Agreed. Pace catches the eye and is apt to deceive; Djibril Cissé is the paradigm example. Traore is a beast physically but I’m not sure he’s a particularly complete footballer when you look beyond his speed and crossing ability.

You can have all the pace and physical attributes you like but it takes a good deal more in the way of guile, subtlety and footballing intelligence to make it at the very highest level — qualities Jota has to the required degree but which I think his former teammate lacks.

The thing with pace is you can’t train for playing against it. So regardless of how over rated Traore may or may not be, when he’s in full flow he isn’t getting stopped. His frightening pace will always add to his value…

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #151: Jun 16, 2021 08:13:24 am
      I think we’ll be ok this season for forward thinking players, Salah, Mane , Bobby, Jota, Memphis can stay in Memphis as far as I’m concerned, but IF we were to bring in a player to boost our front line I’d be going after Jadon  Sancho, it’s midfielders we need to be targeting, we were already weak in this area losing Gini makes us even weaker,
      Yes we have Curtis and wee Harvey but we cannot rely on them yet, Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago,are our go to trio, plus Milner, but, Hendo is injury prone, Milner’s legs another season older and he’s more of a impact player now, Fabinho is Fabinho and can’t do without him, Keita, well he’s in the last chance saloon, Ox not so sure he can produce week after week, Shaqiri is surplus,

We need new blood in there, preferably with experience, youth and willing to smash through brick walls, Tielemans, Bissouma, Neuhaus, Raphinha are names that immediately spring to mind, any two of the first three ideally,

I’ve said this before, but we really do need to start thinking about the next two to three seasons, in particular the front three, they, all will need replacing at some point, it’s obviously  too early yet in this summer window and not quite free of the impact Covid has had financially but from the next summer window it will become a needs must situation, getting players in early would be more beneficial and will smooth over the bleeding in process, and help piss on our rivals crisps at the same time, stealing a March in layman’s terms.

I quite like the fact things are quiet, don’t think much will move until after the Euro’s, but you never know ?

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #152: Jun 17, 2021 09:20:24 pm
      I think we’ll be ok this season for forward thinking players, Salah, Mane , Bobby, Jota, Memphis can stay in Memphis as far as I’m concerned, but IF we were to bring in a player to boost our front line I’d be going after Jadon  Sancho, it’s midfielders we need to be targeting, we were already weak in this area losing Gini makes us even weaker,
      Yes we have Curtis and wee Harvey but we cannot rely on them yet, Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago,are our go to trio, plus Milner, but, Hendo is injury prone, Milner’s legs another season older and he’s more of a impact player now, Fabinho is Fabinho and can’t do without him, Keita, well he’s in the last chance saloon, Ox not so sure he can produce week after week, Shaqiri is surplus,

We need new blood in there, preferably with experience, youth and willing to smash through brick walls, Tielemans, Bissouma, Neuhaus, Raphinha are names that immediately spring to mind, any two of the first three ideally,

I’ve said this before, but we really do need to start thinking about the next two to three seasons, in particular the front three, they, all will need replacing at some point, it’s obviously  too early yet in this summer window and not quite free of the impact Covid has had financially but from the next summer window it will become a needs must situation, getting players in early would be more beneficial and will smooth over the bleeding in process, and help piss on our rivals crisps at the same time, stealing a March in layman’s terms.

I quite like the fact things are quiet, don’t think much will move until after the Euro’s, but you never know ?

Y  N  W  A

Do the front 3 need replacing? These boys can go to 33/34 easy - they are top professionals and super fit.

We have Jota, if we can add another youngster (Harvey?) then I think we’re alright for the next 3 seasons at least.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #153: Jun 17, 2021 09:26:10 pm
      Do the front 3 need replacing? These boys can go to 33/34 easy - they are top professionals and super fit.

We have Jota, if we can add another youngster (Harvey?) then I think we’re alright for the next 3 seasons at least.

I'd want more than a kid to come in to supplement the front four.

Elliot is a huge talent but with Origi and Minamino likely to be off I'd like another quality forward with some experience to come in.

Preferably a CF as we don't really have that style of player in the squad.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #154: Jun 17, 2021 10:20:20 pm

Elliot is a huge talent but with Origi and Minamino likely to be off I'd like another quality forward with some experience to come in.

Danny Ings!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #155: Jun 19, 2021 07:09:01 pm
      Quote from -LFC-

How many of us said Jota was who we needed last summer? How many of us said he would break up the front three? He did both.

Jürgen is a master of taking players on to develop. To him, it's his No. 1 job as a coach. So when he brings them through, he hugs them and tells them how great they are. He even said that about Benteke.

He would love to take on someone like Traore and improve him. Plus he would be more within our budget and easier for us to sign than Mbappé.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #156: Jul 03, 2021 06:23:28 pm
      Grabara has left the club, moving to FC Copenhagen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #157: Jul 04, 2021 10:22:40 am
      Grabara has left the club, moving to FC Copenhagen.

Must have been those Danish pastries at Greggs that swayed him, it certainly can’t be his ambition?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #158: Jul 04, 2021 11:07:41 am

According to another poster, who quoted the Athletic, we're keeping Origi
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #159: Jul 04, 2021 12:26:38 pm
      How many of us said Jota was who we needed last summer? How many of us said he would break up the front three? He did both.

Jürgen is a master of taking players on to develop. To him, it's his No. 1 job as a coach. So when he brings them through, he hugs them and tells them how great they are. He even said that about Benteke.

He would love to take on someone like Traore and improve him. Plus he would be more within our budget and easier for us to sign than Mbappé.

So you saying klopp changed Jota in 1 or 2 training sessions  hahahahahahahahaha
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #160: Jul 04, 2021 01:49:07 pm
      Must have been those Danish pastries at Greggs that swayed him, it certainly can’t be his ambition?
      It's a good move for everyone involved imo. We get a decent 3m (+ the Edwards' special, a 20% sell-on clause), and he gets to play regular football for a solid club. Don't forget he's already played 2 seasons in Denmark, so joining the biggest club in the league is a smart move. He'll get to play European football and will get more exposure. He's only 22, so plenty of time to get back to a bigger league.

Quick Reply