Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs

Read 17545 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Summer Transfer Window Ins/Outs
      Reply #184: Aug 06, 2021 05:01:42 pm
      Sorry there is also the potential for a league cup tie but depends on how we do in earlier rounds - and the two league games are Palace and Brentford

We would likely be heavily rotated for cup games anyway.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #185: Aug 06, 2021 05:33:01 pm
      It's always a big fuss with certain people. It's not like they're missing the games against City and United. It's against Brentford and Palace, FFS.

If reach final they will miss Leicester game also and we play Chelsea 1st Jan so depending on when they call players up could miss that as is starts 6th Jan
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #186: Aug 06, 2021 05:37:14 pm
      Nope - from Jan ,  miss two leagues and one cup game

Two FA cup games if they reach final will.be missed so potential for 7 games funny how some see at 2 but in reality it really isn't
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #187: Aug 06, 2021 05:40:29 pm
      If reach final they will miss Leicester game also and we play Chelsea 1st Jan so depending on when they call players up could miss that as is starts 6th Jan

It starts Jan 9 not the 6th. There’s no way they’d miss the Chelsea game.

Yes, potentially miss Leicester and don’t know how good Senegal and Egypt are where they would both be like to be in the final.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #188: Aug 06, 2021 05:44:26 pm
      It starts Jan 9 not the 6th. There’s no way they’d miss the Chelsea game.

Yes, potentially miss Leicester and don’t know how good Senegal and Egypt are where they would both be like to be in the final.

So potentially  3 league games . Can't see Nabys lot making final think chance one of them could get there to be honest hopefully not
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #189: Aug 07, 2021 02:26:22 am
      My only hesitation Billy is that knee injuries are difficult. I'm hoping for the best but we don't know what he will be like yet.

Fully understand your concerns mate, but I’m sure the med staff won’t put Virgil or Joe under any pressure to return any sooner than is necessary, the rigorous training they do will show up any niggling doubts that may occur, and if needed they will be given ample time to be 100% right and ready for action, they got this, they will probably be eased back in gradually anyway with the odd 20 mins or so here and there so as to re-acclimatise to the intensity they will be playing at.

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #190: Aug 07, 2021 02:38:13 am
      Our aim is meant to be better than 100% of the league and to be equipped to achieve that

It’s three games fella at most, Jürgen trusts all of his players otherwise they wouldn’t be here at all, whoever plays won’t be our go to attack, but good enough to fill the void for two or three outings, why do you always have negative connotations, it’s almost as if you want us to fail and are seeking out reasons for it to happen, get more positivity in your life , smile more, eat more chocolate, have a extra w*nk, it’s a short life mate, try and enjoy it cos you’ll be frog up soon enough!!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #191: Aug 07, 2021 03:49:22 am

Fully understand your concerns mate, but I’m sure the med staff won’t put Virgil or Joe under any pressure to return any sooner than is necessary, the rigorous training they do will show up any niggling doubts that may occur, and if needed they will be given ample time to be 100% right and ready for action, they got this, they will probably be eased back in gradually anyway with the odd 20 mins or so here and there so as to re-acclimatise to the intensity they will be playing at.

Y  N  W  A

In the old days they might have built fitness w the reserves, but I don't think they do that anymore. I remember Ox doing this once a couple of years ago, but now I think injured first team players maybe just rehab via bounce games behind closed doors.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #192: Aug 07, 2021 09:30:21 am
      In the old days they might have built fitness w the reserves, but I don't think they do that anymore. I remember Ox doing this once a couple of years ago, but now I think injured first team players maybe just rehab via bounce games behind closed doors.

I’m not %100 sure mate but I believe the meds staff and the nutritionist’s have a individual programmes,for each and every player to follow during rehab, this enhances their chances of recovery quicker without risk of breaking down as we used to see in the old days where players were ushered back before they were ready,
      I think players are treated these days like thoroughbred horses, without the hay, and get pampering at each stage of their recovery, they hard work of course is done in the weight room and the training paddocks, the season is long and arduous so the pampering is well worth it alongside the patience of all concerned.

Y  N  W  A
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #193: Aug 09, 2021 12:14:55 am
      Klopp said that we might see something happening.

Fingers crossed.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #194: Oct 12, 2021 04:15:52 am
      This post was intended for the winter window but couldn’t find it, truth be told I got to page 4 and gave up, so Mods remove or relocate at your leisure, I thank You 😊

Anyhoo..As most of you will know I have a bit of time on my hands presently what with my treatment and sh*t…first day yesterday went really well better than I thought….so happy thus far…

So, Mo Salah, right now, I believe he is the best on the planet, name me someone better right now ?
      I want to discuss his contract and what you think in realistic terms what he should demand, as usual all the click baiters are nursing hard on’s as we type, so realistically what would you consider a fair evaluation of what Mo brings to the table,

I believe at the moment Virgil holds sway over the highest earner at the club, currently on £200k, I think Mo is £190k, no doubt some number cruncher will come along and set us straight, so while we wait, I will continue to assume, now we all know that FSG are as tight as a mermaids rusty starfish, so will they succumb to Mo’s demands and make him the king of the dressing room, or will they risk the wrath of the fans and refuse to budge over what Virgil is on ? and would Mo accept being on that same wage level, would a extra £10k be a true reflection of what Mo believes he brings ? Interesting to say the least !

Now my own evaluation fwiw, is that FSG shouldn’t go over the £250k mark, no player should hold a club to ransom, so considering that I would offer Mo about £225k, If he wasn’t too enamoured with that then we  really need to be thinking about cashing in, there is a bit of leeway though for negotiation, isn’t that kind of me ?

WHAT THE F**k ! i hear you all scream, but think about it for a minute……Mo is 30 years old, now I know that today’s players are extremely fit and have diets custom designed for their everyday needs or wants, however, as we’ve seen with Jimmy it’s entirely possible to still play beyond 34, but Mo is all about pace, Jimmy is all about positioning, bit of a difference right there no ?

We’ve seen how ripped Mo is when he decides to accept a yellow card every now and then, even Jürgen takes his top off 😂, but pace alone won’t imo get you beyond 32, so let’s just speak hypothetically here for a second or two, what value would you put up for Mo, if Grealish can fetch £100m and Harry K allegedly worth £150m, the surely nobody can quibble over Mo being worth £160m - £170m +  ?

So let’s then assume that new ‘Toon’ spunked up the spondoolies and made a offer in that region, would you…(a) prepare to listen to offers with Edwards doing the negotiating, (b) tell them to do one, Mo isn’t for sale, or (c) refer to option (a) insist on the highest sum possible and then go and get Haaland & Bellingham from BvB with said Spondoolies?

Now of course I don’t want to sell our best player, our best in the world best player, our Ballon D’or Elect, Jürgen would have a f***in coronary, but, no BUT, that’s better, would we be so foolhardy to dismiss that notion, after all hasn’t every player got a price ?

It all comes down to our owners if we’re all honest, yes those tight fisted mother fuckers hold all the aces, how do they view the situation? Do they see Mo as we all see him, or do the see Dollar signs every time they blink, when you think about that for a minute, that’s quite a quandary, refusing Mo’s demands risks fans doing mass walk outs at home fixtures, selling him means you need to replace and therefore not seeing if any of the dollar they will expect,

I think Mo will sign a new ‘much improved’ deal, he’s not greedy, money isn’t his main interest, he’s very happy in Liverpool, he’s very happy with his club, he’s extremely happy with who he works with and he’s very happy breaking record upon record and setting new standards and in some instances re-writing history, he is creating his own legacy and has already achieved Legendary status, now ask yourself this, why the F**k would he walk away from all that ?

Y  N  W  A

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #195: Oct 12, 2021 09:51:24 am
      Glad your treatment is going well billy.

Cant disagree with what you are saying. Personally I think the new deal is happening its just taking a wee while to sort out, he will end up being the best paid player at the club, it may not be the stupid money other clubs are paying, but I bet by the time goals scored bonus, appearances etc. he's miles ahead of everyone else at Liverpool.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #196: Oct 12, 2021 11:12:32 am
      Several reports linking LFC with Barca winger Dembele who is out of contract at the end of the season.
      Dembele would be on a free transfer deal and Jürgen Klopp is a long time admirer of the player, could this be the missing link in the Salah wants away mutterings?
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2021 11:22:46 am by stuey »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #197: Oct 12, 2021 11:22:15 am
      Several reports linking LFC with Barca winger Dembele who is out of contract at the end of the season.
       FSG's sell to buy policy realistically indicates there is only one candidate for the deal.
      Could this be the event that Jürgen hints about taking place?

I hope not, his attitude stinks. Can't see him amounting to anything and he's the sort of player that needs a significant run of games games to gain any consistent form, something that wont happen with us because he's nowhere near the level of the players already in his position. Just an overhyped speed merchant IMO.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #198: Oct 12, 2021 11:31:21 am
      I hope not, his attitude stinks. Can't see him amounting to anything and he's the sort of player that needs a significant run of games games to gain any consistent form, something that wont happen with us because he's nowhere near the level of the players already in his position. Just an overhyped speed merchant IMO.

Agree to an extent moreso because he is injured with a knee issue and has been for some time.
      Did alter the original post to the effect that he would be on a free transfer which negates any sell to buy options, that obviously is a positive in the case of financial limitations .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #199: Oct 12, 2021 11:36:51 am

Dunno mate, I wouldn’t be as hasty to Chuck him under the bus, it’s only since he went to Barca that his issues began, prior to that he was decent on the eye, hence his move to Spain, if he were to land here then perhaps after a few weeks at Axa under Jürgen and his staff, it’s entirely possible he gets back to his best and maybe even better, for minimal outlay it could prove to be a very shrewd acquisition, and absolutely f**k all to do with Mo’s future !           

Y  N  W  A
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2021 11:45:39 am by billythered »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #200: Oct 12, 2021 11:50:55 am

Dunno mate, I wouldn’t be as hasty to Chuck him under the bus, it’s only since he went to Barca that his issues began, prior to that he was decent on the eye, hence his move to Spain, if he were to land here then perhaps after a few weeks at Axa under Jürgen and his staff, it’s entirely possible he gets back to his best and maybe even better, for minimal outlay it could prove to be a very shrewd acquisition, and absolutely f**k all to do with Mo’s               

Y  N  W  A

He only went to Barca because they were desperate for a Neymar replacement. He was signed for over 100mill and it was based on 1 season. He had a decent season at Rennes but to be honest that's the French league so I'm hesitant to look into that too much. Then at Dortmund he didn't particuarly stand out, certainly didn't look a 100mill player. Very much like Martial getting his move to United.

IMO he's just another one of those players that was has been deemed to be better than he is because he showed some signs of potential and some team will pay whatever it takes to sign potential.

He's going to be 25 come next season, he's past the stage of potential now, he's at the stage where he should have really started to prove himself. He's had a serious injury, his attitude isn't good and he hasn't delivered on his early potential. Last season was his big chance at Barca to really show what he can do, but he didn't deliver.

IMO there are much better options out there. He's too much of a gamble, even on a free transfer. The fact that nobody has made any real attempt to sign him, even though Barca have wanted rid for the last couple of years says it all. Even if we sign him on a free transfer, if he doesn't up his game then we could end up stuck with him and unable to move him on too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #201: Oct 12, 2021 12:12:31 pm
      I have no clue what new players will be coming in over next few windows. Im sure the club will surprise us with some belters we never even thought about. ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #202: Oct 12, 2021 01:23:14 pm
      I have no clue what new players will be coming in over next few windows. Im sure the club will surprise us with some belters we never even thought about. ;D

The clue is this - £7m Andy Robertson type of transfers from a team like Hull… unexciting script. Boring. Give us a thriller like Mbappe. Business with a top CL team with transfer fee close to £100m and above.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #203: Oct 12, 2021 01:54:59 pm
      Unless it's to replace Origi i don't see why we'd make a run at Dembele. Let him rot at Barcelona next to Coutinho.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #204: Oct 12, 2021 02:10:39 pm
      Unless it's to replace Origi i don't see why we'd make a run at Dembele. Let him rot at Barcelona next to Coutinho.

Cutting yer nose off blah blah.
      If we got him on a free and Jürgen works his magic it's win win all the way.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #205: Oct 12, 2021 02:34:26 pm

Cutting yer nose off blah blah.
      If we got him on a free and Jürgen works his magic it's win win all the way.

I don’t believe in free things. If things are free, they’re likely to be of low quality. In fact we need to overpay to get the best things. We need to be like suckers that every seller loves to deal with. Because we overpay. There’s so much quality in overpaying… most of the time. And we get the targets we want.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #206: Oct 12, 2021 03:47:27 pm
      The clue is this - £7m Andy Robertson type of transfers from a team like Hull… unexciting script. Boring. Give us a thriller like Mbappe. Business with a top CL team with transfer fee close to £100m and above.

L O L Indeed.

Quick Reply