Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 565276 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6256: Apr 24, 2024 10:07:12 pm
      Yep.

You don't continue a rebuild around this version of Mo Salah.

And we'd still get big money for him.

It's almost a no brainer.

If an offer comes in you have to take it.

You cannot have Salah making >50% than the next highest paid player and run the offense through him to not be producing at an elite level. It really hurts our scoring.

Small sample, yes, but whenever he’s gone to AFCON we don’t miss a beat offensively because we spread things out more and aren’t dependent on him.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #6257: Apr 24, 2024 10:15:40 pm
      sh*te, sell.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #6258: Apr 25, 2024 12:58:38 am
      Get him gone now.

That's if he can find a way out of Mitchell's pocket.

And we’ve arrived back here again.

Cntrl C, Cntrl V. Replace Mitchell with Mylolenko and Ashley Young.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #6259: Apr 25, 2024 01:00:23 am
      £100M offer comes in this summer you taking it?

No word of a lie, I’d take 100m Saudi riyals….whatever the F**k that comes to.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #6260: Apr 25, 2024 01:20:21 am
      £100M offer comes in this summer you taking it?

No way we get that much but honestly, I’m probably taking at 60m
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #6261: Apr 25, 2024 06:01:30 am
      Said it before he hit this run of atrocious form. It's time I think.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,677 posts | 145 
      Reply #6262: Apr 25, 2024 11:13:39 am
      People are being harsh on him. It's not his fault when we have forwards that can finish, he is still creating chances despite being not fully fit and our finishers are not finishing. I would rather sell Nunez before selling Salah, at least Salah has earned his right to be given another chance and he can comeback to his old form.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #6263: Apr 25, 2024 11:25:10 am
      People are being harsh on him. It's not his fault when we have forwards that can finish, he is still creating chances despite being not fully fit and our finishers are not finishing. I would rather sell Nunez before selling Salah, at least Salah has earned his right to be given another chance and he can comeback to his old form.

He hasn't "earned" anything. He's already been rewarded handsomely during his time here and continues to be despite the performances being utterly hopeless for 2 years now. Other than Nunez he's the 1 that misses the most. There is no conviction in his finishing (even when he steps up for a pen) and he's always been a player that's needed 3-4 chances a game to score.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6264: Apr 25, 2024 12:42:45 pm
      Looking like a spent force. Doesn't do the mazy runs, spectacular solo goals. Been a great career here, fantastic player but whether he'll be here next season is in doubt.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6265: Apr 25, 2024 01:36:26 pm
      Evidently a big fan of Mo from my previous posts but I expect more from him.

Last night he didn't want to turn and face defenders, he came wide and fed the ball back, no doubt he is being asked to do something similar to this but as an experienced player and a world-class one at that, sometimes you need to take responsibility in the game to make something happen and he just didn't.

Wasn't sure if it was the right call to let him go last year or not, or I was strongly in favour of keeping him, but now I feel if we can get a significant amount of money and we were to cash in and rebuild I am not too sure I would be as against it as previous seasons.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #6266: Apr 25, 2024 01:43:36 pm

How is he not fully fit?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6267: Apr 25, 2024 01:46:05 pm
      Evidently a big fan of Mo from my previous posts but I expect more from him.

Last night he didn't want to turn and face defenders, he came wide and fed the ball back, no doubt he is being asked to do something similar to this but as an experienced player and a world-class one at that, sometimes you need to take responsibility in the game to make something happen and he just didn't.

Wasn't sure if it was the right call to let him go last year or not, or I was strongly in favour of keeping him, but now I feel if we can get a significant amount of money and we were to cash in and rebuild I am not too sure I would be as against it as previous seasons.

Makes sense to let him go considering you’re going to get more for him from the Oily’s than any other club. I don’t think it’s even debatable but purely on his age and nothing else. Granted he’s not been right since his injury and struggled to regain that form.

I’d never knock a player that provided you with some fantastic moments be it at your club or mine. He deserves legendary status despite his drop in form and should be remembered not just for that but showing loyalty in staying this year. He could so easily of done a Hendo but stuck by Liverpool & Klopp.

It’s now time to hit and run with the Oily’s and buy Toney with the proceeds, least that’s what I’d do. Hopefully you’ll buy another Carroll though.  😂
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #6268: Apr 25, 2024 03:01:33 pm
      His legacy is secure...he's been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. Anyone can see he's not even close to what he was...how could he be...he's older, slower...and I'd add not as committed. We got the best out of him, and he got the best out of us...but time waits for no man and his time here...for me...is over. He gave us moments we'll cherish, at his zenith no one could touch him. We'll always have those wonderful memorries to reflect on.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6270: Yesterday at 07:35:10 pm
      His legacy is secure...he's been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. Anyone can see he's not even close to what he was...how could he be...he's older, slower...and I'd add not as committed. We got the best out of him, and he got the best out of us...but time waits for no man and his time here...for me...is over. He gave us moments we'll cherish, at his zenith no one could touch him. We'll always have those wonderful memorries to reflect on.

Will go along with that.
      Think this summer is the time.
      Been an absolutely wonderful player for us, but time waits for no man.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6271: Yesterday at 07:43:10 pm
      Salah has also been fed breadcrumbs but his attitude stinks
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #6272: Yesterday at 07:50:10 pm
      Help me understand the logic here folks.

You guys want us to sell BOTH our top scorers and top assisters in the teams? (Salah and Nunez)

And this is supposed to somehow improve us?

Bloody hell.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #6273: Yesterday at 07:52:51 pm

You guys want us to sell BOTH our top scorers and top assisters in the teams? (Salah and Nunez)

Bloody hell.

Yes because the 2 replacements we get are guarenteed to hit the ground running and hit 60 goals between them don't you know?

I think fans play too much FM in their free time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6274: Yesterday at 07:55:54 pm

Bloody hell.

Not me

Id keep Nunez but as a wide option not central striker

Mo has been amazing for us, up there with the greatest, but everything must pass....his form is poor he look like a man who might need a fresh challenge

If he stays thats fine, but he wont get better. Now might be the time to go
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Reply #6275: Yesterday at 07:57:23 pm
      A man who supercharged us and realised our dreams all of a sudden has an 'attitude problem'.

That's F***ing rich..

He's a legend, a God even. He can go in the summer with that secured. One things for sure - I know he didn't reckon on playing alongside sh*te like Diaz and Nunez just a few short seasons ago.

Quick Reply