Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ibrahima Konate Player Thread (D)

Read 33945 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Re: Ibrahima Konate Player Thread (D)
      Reply #207: Aug 13, 2023 08:05:51 pm
      Best CB at the club
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,615 posts | 2159 
      Reply #208: Aug 13, 2023 09:24:00 pm

He is developing into a fine player, all action defender. Would rather not see him out at RB so much though, he’s a cracking defender but a little clumsy on the ball at times. It does make me a bit nervous in possession.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #209: Aug 14, 2023 05:08:33 am
      Yep brilliant today.

Him and Ali were our 2 defensive rocks.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #210: Aug 26, 2023 04:53:16 pm
      Is Konate injured
      Millsy75
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 302 posts | 46 
      Reply #211: Aug 26, 2023 04:53:57 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,164 posts | 1093 
      Reply #212: Aug 26, 2023 06:05:35 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #213: Sep 04, 2023 11:49:54 am
      Konate not fit enough for france games. Its being reported as bad for LFC

Personally I think its good, let him have another 2 weeks to recover properly.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #214: Sep 04, 2023 12:15:16 pm
      Konate not fit enough for france games. Its being reported as bad for LFC

Personally I think its good, let him have another 2 weeks to recover properly.
      Yes, exactly right there. Let him get back to full fitness within our own setup....
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #215: Sep 04, 2023 12:17:44 pm
      If Gomez stays fit, he will challenge Konate since he not up to standard, fitness wise.

They will rotate between them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #216: Sep 04, 2023 12:59:28 pm
      If Gomez stays fit, he will challenge Konate since he not up to standard, fitness wise.

They will rotate between them.

Gomez looked very comfortable on the left side of defence though, so maybe even be able to rotate Virg now and again too.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #217: Sep 04, 2023 01:10:22 pm
      Gomez looked very comfortable on the left side of defence though, so maybe even be able to rotate Virg now and again too.

No reason not to, just not in the league.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #218: Sep 04, 2023 02:10:58 pm
      No reason not to, just not in the league.

Aye of course if firg is fit and available he starts EPL games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #219: Sep 04, 2023 02:20:19 pm
      getting Joe fit and playing is a bonus Jürgen sticks with him for a reason game time will improve him too.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #220: Sep 04, 2023 04:09:21 pm
      It's easy to forget that Joe has not long turned his 26th birthday. There's plenty of years left in the lad yet and he's not even near peak experience yet either.....
      Keeping Joe Gomez fit is imperative to having a season in defence with his versatility....
      Scottbot

• 9,615 posts | 2159 
      Reply #221: Sep 04, 2023 05:21:39 pm
      Gomez often looks great for 4-5 games but then throws in some almighty clangers that lead to us shipping goals. The stumble and mis-control in yesterday's game could well have been another of those moments had Villa capitalised. Personally, i am praying Konate can find some long term durability and be available consistently. He often picks up niggling injuries and misses blocks of 2-3 weeks in the season. Gomez has so much talent but I would be worried if we are relying on him to be a starter in big games or for prolonged periods.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #222: Sep 04, 2023 05:52:05 pm
      Gomez often looks great for 4-5 games but then throws in some almighty clangers that lead to us shipping goals. The stumble and mis-control in yesterday's game could well have been another of those moments had Villa capitalised. Personally, i am praying Konate can find some long term durability and be available consistently. He often picks up niggling injuries and misses blocks of 2-3 weeks in the season. Gomez has so much talent but I would be worried if we are relying on him to be a starter in big games or for prolonged periods.

every player mis controls a pass or falls over every game but Joe isnt allowed to make mistakes . Trent makes mistakes but it doesnt bother him he just carry's on and Joe needs to get that mentality too always been a fan of this young man having him fit and healthy is good for LFC
      Scottbot

• 9,615 posts | 2159 
      Reply #223: Sep 04, 2023 06:21:26 pm
      every player mis controls a pass or falls over every game but Joe isnt allowed to make mistakes . Trent makes mistakes but it doesnt bother him he just carry's on and Joe needs to get that mentality too always been a fan of this young man having him fit and healthy is good for LFC

I think the difference there is that Trent offers so much going forward that perhaps he doesn't dwell too much on some of the defenisve errors where as Joe is very much a defender first. It's up to him, he's quick, he reads the game well and is technically excellent but he has to cut out the silly errors. I seem to remember he had an excellent 4-5 games at one stage last year but then had an absolute stinker in one match and got yanked at half-time. He needs to strong a run of 10-12 games for me to feel comfortable but perhaps this is the start of that run.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #224: Sep 09, 2023 03:34:21 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #225: Sep 09, 2023 03:35:36 pm

Last season maybe, wasn't like that during the season we won the league. The injuries have taken their toll but there is still a defender in there.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #226: Sep 12, 2023 12:00:01 pm
      Any news Ibou fit for Saturday really need him.if both VVD and Trent out
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #227: Nov 13, 2023 10:14:54 am
      Starting to fall into the unreliable category now is Ibou.

We know he can't back up matches that come in quick succession but what worries me more is the amount of times since he joined that he's got injured without playing.

It's the same again ... bench Thursday and then at some point between Thursday and yesterday he gets a hamstring.

Such a good player on his day but I'm thankful Quansah has come through to give us an extra option now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,356 posts | 2819 
      Reply #228: Nov 13, 2023 10:25:53 am
      Starting to fall into the unreliable category now is Ibou.

We know he can't back up matches that come in quick succession but what worries me more is the amount of times since he joined that he's got injured without playing.

It's the same again ... bench Thursday and then at some point between Thursday and yesterday he gets a hamstring.

Such a good player on his day but I'm thankful Quansah has come through to give us an extra option now.

Think he had missed about 60 games in the two seasons before he joined us so he's clearly an injury prone player.

He was ok when he was eased in during his first season but as we've depended more on him it seems his body isn't holding up well again.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #229: Nov 13, 2023 10:35:25 am
      Think he had missed about 60 games in the two seasons before he joined us so he's clearly an injury prone player.

He was ok when he was eased in during his first season but as we've depended more on him it seems his body isn't holding up well again.

Didn't actually know that. That's alot of games. Sad really. He's got all the tools. He's one of those now were I consider it a bonus if hes fit. But I don't pin my hopes on him. Surprised to be honest we took him with that injury record.

Matip and Virg is the 2 currently with Quansah, Gomez and Konate  behind.

Quick Reply