Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ibrahima Konate Player Thread (D)

Read 33929 times
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Re: Ibrahima Konate Player Thread (D)
      Reply #230: Nov 13, 2023 11:27:10 am
      Didn't actually know that. That's alot of games. Sad really. He's got all the tools. He's one of those now were I consider it a bonus if hes fit. But I don't pin my hopes on him. Surprised to be honest we took him with that injury record.

Matip and Virg is the 2 currently with Quansah, Gomez and Konate  behind.

Injury problems can be resolved by the player and club, they probably need to work on his training schedule and some of the other factors that might be affecting him. He's only 24 and is still developing as a professional footballer.

It's ironic that you list Matip as 1 of the first choice defenders, a couple  of years ago he would have been 1 of our most injury prone players (or 1 of the players perceived to be injury prone). Now he appears to have mostly overcome those difficulties and appears to be fairly reliable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #231: Nov 13, 2023 11:33:39 am
      Wonder how some would have reacted during the early Gerrard years when he suffered a lot of niggling injuries and then a lot of groin injuries

Konate has had 3 bad injuries so far - two torn muscles and a knee injury from compact

The two torn muscles were as he is developing

Let’s not assign him to the scrap heap yet
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #232: Nov 13, 2023 11:42:19 am
      Wonder how some would have reacted during the early Gerrard years when he suffered a lot of niggling injuries and then a lot of groin injuries

Konate has had 3 bad injuries so far - two torn muscles and a knee injury from compact

The two torn muscles were as he is developing

Let’s not assign him to the scrap heap yet

Not exactly the best example, Gerrard was still suffering growth pain issues early in his career and his later groin issue was sorted out by surgery.

Next you will be using Sturridge as an example 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #233: Nov 13, 2023 11:58:19 am
      Not exactly the best example, Gerrard was still suffering growth pain issues early in his career and his later groin issue was sorted out by surgery.

And growth and development issues is what caused the two main issues for Konate

Gerrard have 3 or 4 years of Groin issues before a surgery

Some players will suffer from muscle problems by the nature of their play and body - Konate will be coached to develop his game to protect himself
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #234: Nov 13, 2023 12:12:19 pm
      And growth and development issues is what caused the two main issues for Konate

Gerrard have 3 or 4 years of Groin issues before a surgery

Some players will suffer from muscle problems by the nature of their play and body - Konate will be coached to develop his game to protect himself

You just have to accept some players are more robust than others, take Salah for example never misses a game.

Konate unfortunately for him injury prone, doesn’t mean any one is saying bin him.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #235: Nov 13, 2023 12:31:12 pm

You just have to accept some players are more robust than others, take Salah for example never misses a game.

Konate unfortunately for him injury prone, doesn’t mean any one is saying bin him.
      As you say some players are prone to injury than others, but there's usually a reason: Namely Position. Attacking players generally suffer less injuries than midfield & defence because they tackle less, and tackling is risky, one badly timed tackle can put a player out for weeks/months.
      Salah has adopted a mode not unlike Cristiano R. in as much as they don't ever tackle, in fact they hardly compete for a ball at all. Look next time you see a ball launched towards Salah, if it's a 50/50 between him and a defender, Mo will most likely hope and wait for the guy to make a mistake and then pounce. It's a clever way of taking the risk of injury out of the equation...and insuring a longer playing career.
      Defenders like Konate don't have that choice.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #236: Nov 13, 2023 12:43:12 pm

Seems Bajetic is similar to gerrard back in the day.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #237: Nov 13, 2023 01:35:51 pm

Exactly mate. Not saying bin him at all. Far from it. Usual drama queen's taking it too far.

Konate is 25 in May. At what point does he stop 'developing' . Van dijk was 25 when we signed him and it was the start of his peak years. Worrying that konate, almost 25 can't back up matches and missing alot of games through injuries ... especially injuries picked up outside of matches.

He's got all the tools to be a fine centre half. His last club obviously couldn't solve the issues and it seems we can't yet either despite not playing him weekend/midweek/weekend etc very often.

Hopefully things start to turn around for him once he's over this latest setback.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #238: Nov 13, 2023 02:10:08 pm
      I liked the guy well enough, but I think Quansah may end up taking his place if he can't stay fit.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #239: Nov 13, 2023 03:22:41 pm
      I liked the guy well enough, but I think Quansah may end up taking his place if he can't stay fit.

Quansa in my opinion, is gonna be some player. Its only age and inexperience holding him back at the mo. You'll see a different player next season as he gets more minutes and experience. He's gonna fill out some as well, become stronger and more athletic. then you'll see a different player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #240: Nov 13, 2023 04:04:56 pm

It’s quite clear from some posts that some are happy to assign him to a scrap heap already

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #241: Nov 13, 2023 04:11:38 pm
      Exactly mate. Not saying bin him at all. Far from it. Usual drama queen's taking it too far.

Konate is 25 in May. At what point does he stop 'developing' . Van dijk was 25 when we signed him and it was the start of his peak years. Worrying that konate, almost 25 can't back up matches and missing alot of games through injuries ... especially injuries picked up outside of matches.

He's got all the tools to be a fine centre half. His last club obviously couldn't solve the issues and it seems we can't yet either despite not playing him weekend/midweek/weekend etc very often.

Hopefully things start to turn around for him once he's over this latest setback.

Well VVD was 27 nearly 28 when he was signed

And even before he was signed he had an ankle issue and some minor muscles injuries as well

There are ways to condition players to ease muscles problems of which Konate has had a couple - one when he was 20 and the other the next year

He has had a couple of niggles with us and one knee injury which was in a game

It’s not as bad as it’s all being made out
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #242: Nov 14, 2023 12:11:13 pm
      It’s quite clear from some posts that some are happy to assign him to a scrap heap already

I'd like to see them same posters tell him personally :laugh:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #243: Nov 14, 2023 06:20:47 pm
      I'd like to see them same posters tell him personally :laugh:
      I'll tell him. Right before I slap him round the place....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #244: Nov 14, 2023 08:28:42 pm
      I'll tell him. Right before I slap him round the place....

And then he eats you!! :laugh:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #245: Nov 14, 2023 08:36:58 pm
      If he plays 2 or 3 games before Christmas, I'll let him off....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #246: Nov 15, 2023 11:53:09 am
      If he plays 2 or 3 games before Christmas, I'll let him off....

I'd still have a fiver on Konate
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #247: Dec 07, 2023 09:23:11 am
      With Matip out hopefully that performance last night was down to rustiness.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #248: Dec 08, 2023 06:28:43 pm
      With Matip out hopefully that performance last night was down to rustiness.

He's hit n miss ibou. You look at van dijk and his performances since joining. That's the kind of great centre half you need to win the big stuff. OK ... hard to find vvd's but can ibou get near that and can he perform consistently.

I say the same about Diaz. We were spoiled with mane. As our team changes can the new guys reach the same level as klopps first team and can they do it consistently.  That was the key to klopps first serious Liverpool team ... consistency of performance at a high level.

Ibou has all the tools. No doubt about that. He's a similar age now to vvd when vvd signed for us. He needs to find consistency and get his body stronger and really claim his spot in the team as quansah upcoming and I'm sure we will go into the market for a cb in the summer.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #249: Jan 07, 2024 07:10:19 pm
      Immense today. Really took the responsibility on ... one mistake early doors watching a ball over his head resulting in a chance but stood up to everything else. We were much better 2nd half defensively and he led well. Played big man.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #250: Jan 07, 2024 08:17:32 pm
      Yeah he proper stood up to the task today, was like a brick wall!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #251: Jan 07, 2024 08:48:26 pm
      Collusus.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #252: Jan 07, 2024 09:38:05 pm
      Think he's vastly underrated by those outside LFC and maybe the French fans.

If he was playing for City the media would be creaming themselves over him at every given opportunity.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2024 09:50:25 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply