Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-season friendlies 2021

Read 32675 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Pre-season friendlies 2021
      Reply #115: Jul 23, 2021 06:02:48 pm
      Keita is having a good game apparently, that hopefully bodes well for the new season fingers crossed.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #116: Jul 23, 2021 06:04:34 pm
      Keita really is a quality player such a shame we haven't seen or may never see his true qualities
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #117: Jul 23, 2021 06:23:56 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #118: Jul 23, 2021 07:11:59 pm
      Bit of snorefest of a game unfortunately. A few bright spots for me were Konate, he looks like he can defend, was always in the right place and showed some good instincts whenever they had a sniff of goal. Keita was bright and the pick of the bunch going forward and i liked Clarkson's performance in the 2nd half. Other than that, no injuries and some fitness is all you can celebrate plus it's always good to get a win in my book.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #119: Jul 23, 2021 07:18:45 pm
      Decent workout
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #120: Jul 23, 2021 07:21:00 pm
      Probably a rest day tomorrow now. Feel like we're a little bit behind a lot of other PL teams in terms of pre season. Hopefully all timed well for three weeks time.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #121: Jul 23, 2021 07:47:45 pm
      Matip showed that he really knows his trade. For me, he's the no. 2 CB for sure. Konate seemed to be very confident with the ball at his feet.
      Eliot was  good, Keita was his usual self, but I'm disappointed he did not show that he could make a difference. Ox tried too hard at times and is again, like Keita, missing the opportunity to shine.
      If Mane does not regain his form, we're f***ed. We don't have enough cover on the bench, it's clear to see.

I'm tired of seeing long balls towards Salah and Mane. When it's done well, it works, but otherwise it's a waste of time and energy. Thiago, Hendo and Fabinho were missing there.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #122: Jul 23, 2021 08:30:58 pm
      Matip showed that he really knows his trade. For me, he's the no. 2 CB for sure. Konate seemed to be very confident with the ball at his feet.
      Eliot was  good, Keita was his usual self, but I'm disappointed he did not show that he could make a difference. Ox tried too hard at times and is again, like Keita, missing the opportunity to shine.
      If Mane does not regain his form, we're f***ed. We don't have enough cover on the bench, it's clear to see.

I'm tired of seeing long balls towards Salah and Mane. When it's done well, it works, but otherwise it's a waste of time and energy. Thiago, Hendo and Fabinho were missing there.

and here we go. What is this, 3rd pre-season game? didn't take long for the first overreaction.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #123: Jul 23, 2021 09:02:04 pm
      See anything good or bad from Tsimikas so far?
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #124: Jul 23, 2021 09:35:29 pm
      Where was Ben Davies today  ???
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #125: Jul 23, 2021 09:36:00 pm

For a glorified training match, this is a bit much.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #126: Jul 23, 2021 09:58:20 pm
      For a glorified training match, this is a bit much.

Don't think I will bother with the season now reading that
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #127: Jul 23, 2021 11:03:04 pm

Flew home for personal reasons apparently.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #128: Jul 23, 2021 11:29:22 pm

Wow, this is a significant over reaction - all I care about right now is no injuries
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #129: Jul 27, 2021 12:08:49 pm
      Ticket Info for Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna.  On sale in a couple of hours.

Liverpool FC has released the following ticket update for August's pre-season friendlies at Anfield.

Liverpool v Athletic Club – Sunday August 8 – 4pm kick-off
          Liverpool v CA Osasuna – Monday August 9 – 7pm kick-off

Tickets will be available for general sale online from 2pm on Tuesday July 27.

Supporters can purchase up to six tickets within the same booking using the one supporter ID number; however, you must provide the first name and surname of each supporter attending prior to checkout.

Tickets can be purchased for both games as a package, or on an individual basis.

Supporters who buy the same number of tickets for both games within the same booking will receive a 10 per cent discount off the total cost.

We strongly advise that you purchase your tickets in advance as we will be unable to accommodate ticket sales at the ticket office on both matchdays.

Ticket prices

Adults – £23
      Over 65s – £17.25
      Young adults (aged 17-21) – £11.50
      Juniors (aged 16 and under) – FREE – tickets can be purchased at a ratio of 3:1 with at least one accompanying adult.

All seats in the stadium will be priced as above, there will be no tiered pricing for these games.

Stadium access information

ALL supporters, INCLUDING season ticket holders and Members purchasing during the general sale will use print at home e-tickets. The e-ticket(s) will be attached to your purchase confirmation email.

Your e-ticket(s) can be printed off and scanned at the turnstiles on matchday.

You can also access the stadium using your mobile phone – just open the e-ticket attachment(s) on the ticket purchase confirmation email, enlarge the QR code and scan it at the turnstile.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #130: Jul 27, 2021 12:15:10 pm
      Ticket Info for Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna.  On sale in a couple of hours.

Liverpool FC has released the following ticket update for August's pre-season friendlies at Anfield.

Liverpool v Athletic Club – Sunday August 8 – 4pm kick-off
          Liverpool v CA Osasuna – Monday August 9 – 7pm kick-off

Tickets will be available for general sale online from 2pm on Tuesday July 27.

Supporters can purchase up to six tickets within the same booking using the one supporter ID number; however, you must provide the first name and surname of each supporter attending prior to checkout.

Tickets can be purchased for both games as a package, or on an individual basis.

Supporters who buy the same number of tickets for both games within the same booking will receive a 10 per cent discount off the total cost.

We strongly advise that you purchase your tickets in advance as we will be unable to accommodate ticket sales at the ticket office on both matchdays.

Ticket prices

Adults – £23
      Over 65s – £17.25
      Young adults (aged 17-21) – £11.50
      Juniors (aged 16 and under) – FREE – tickets can be purchased at a ratio of 3:1 with at least one accompanying adult.

All seats in the stadium will be priced as above, there will be no tiered pricing for these games.

Stadium access information

ALL supporters, INCLUDING season ticket holders and Members purchasing during the general sale will use print at home e-tickets. The e-ticket(s) will be attached to your purchase confirmation email.

Your e-ticket(s) can be printed off and scanned at the turnstiles on matchday.

You can also access the stadium using your mobile phone – just open the e-ticket attachment(s) on the ticket purchase confirmation email, enlarge the QR code and scan it at the turnstile.

Any news on Covid restrictions ie negative test before entering or proof of double vaccination?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #131: Jul 27, 2021 12:40:46 pm
      Any news on Covid restrictions ie negative test before entering or proof of double vaccination?

Not for the friendlies as far as I know. 
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #132: Jul 27, 2021 02:40:16 pm
      Not for the friendlies as far as I know.

Thanks. I've booked it for me and my boy
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #133: Jul 27, 2021 03:36:00 pm
      Cant book as my account was set up by my brother who I don’t speak with anymore and I can’t create a new account because my details are similar 😡 & the live chat is down
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #134: Jul 27, 2021 10:32:57 pm
      Do you reckon Jürgen will rotate the squad fully between these two matches since they are played on consecutive days?

I mean, there are 30-something guys in camp (maybe 40 by then), there are certainly more than enough players for it. The U23s can be the subs but you easily have two full teams of starters.

Are there no matches between Hertha and these two? Jürgen said he doesn't care much for preseason games and I guess he meant it.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #135: Jul 27, 2021 11:13:15 pm
      Do you reckon Jürgen will rotate the squad fully between these two matches since they are played on consecutive days?

I mean, there are 30-something guys in camp (maybe 40 by then), there are certainly more than enough players for it. The U23s can be the subs but you easily have two full teams of starters.

Are there no matches between Hertha and these two? Jürgen said he doesn't care much for preseason games and I guess he meant it.

Just organised another against Bologna I think on way back in France
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #136: Jul 29, 2021 05:58:00 pm
      Welcome back Virg and Joe
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.