Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-season friendlies 2021

Read 32673 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Pre-season friendlies 2021
      Reply #299: Aug 08, 2021 06:32:24 pm
      Can we just have a season with no defensive injuries please!!!!!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #300: Aug 08, 2021 07:10:05 pm
      It was obviously very painful in the first moment. The pain settled already but further assessments tomorrow with a scan. Then we will know more." From Klopp

Fingers crossed he is ok, was good to see him walk off and it looked bad the way he reacted initially. Just hope he hasn't done any ligament damage.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #301: Aug 08, 2021 07:14:57 pm
      Enjoyed the game, i thought we looked really sharp.

Great to see Mane in good pre season form, i have been really worried about his form going into the season but it seems the rest has done him a good turn and he looks quick and strong. Trent and Salah both also seem in good touch and up until the Robbo scare we have been lucky thus far with injuries.

The pick of the pre season has been young Elliott. What has particularly impressed me has been his workrate in midfield, he gets everywhere. Very bright on the ball, inventive in his passing and he presses well, marks, tracks and tackles. I figure Milly and Fab start at Norwich, i just wonder if young Harvey might get the nod ahead of Keita and Ox? I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.

Also, was good to see Matip get a full 90 minutes today, i also figure he will start at the weekend, will be interesting to see who gets the nod alongside him. I personally think it will Big Virge but we'll see.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #302: Aug 08, 2021 07:36:03 pm
      It was obviously very painful in the first moment. The pain settled already but further assessments tomorrow with a scan. Then we will know more." From Klopp

Fingers crossed he is ok, was good to see him walk off and it looked bad the way he reacted initially. Just hope he hasn't done any ligament damage.

Be a month out that I'd say. Bit of a shambles with the new ticketing system by all accounts, hopefully its ironed out for the start of the season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #303: Aug 08, 2021 07:44:01 pm
      Is it me or does mo look like he’s lost some weight? Or is it just the fact that he’s shaved off his beard  :D

He's just wearing one of virgils shirts  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #304: Aug 08, 2021 08:01:25 pm
      The pick of the pre season has been young Elliott. What has particularly impressed me has been his workrate in midfield, he gets everywhere. Very bright on the ball, inventive in his passing and he presses well, marks, tracks and tackles. I figure Milly and Fab start at Norwich, i just wonder if young Harvey might get the nod ahead of Keita and Ox? I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.

Agreed. Before preseason, I'd have said he might benefit from another year on loan to a Premier League club. But now, I'd rather we keep him and slowly incorporate him into the team.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #305: Aug 08, 2021 08:33:47 pm
      Enjoyed the game, i thought we looked really sharp.

Great to see Mane in good pre season form, i have been really worried about his form going into the season but it seems the rest has done him a good turn and he looks quick and strong. Trent and Salah both also seem in good touch and up until the Robbo scare we have been lucky thus far with injuries.

Also, was good to see Matip get a full 90 minutes today, i also figure he will start at the weekend, will be interesting to see who gets the nod alongside him. I personally think it will Big Virge but we'll see.

In the midfield, I would play Milner, Keita and Elliott next Saturday because Fab, Hendo and Thiago need a little more time. AOC will be pushing too if he plays well.

Kostas need to grasp this chance because I would not play Robbo even if he's fit enough to play. Would give him a good rest. We are are covered in that area with Milner too and Beck.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #306: Aug 08, 2021 08:57:33 pm
      Plenty of competition for places now isn't there? Elliot hugely impressive again. Naby finally looks healthy fingers crossed he stays that way. Both in with a strong shout to start against Norwich.

I'm starting to think Jürgen is happy with the squad he has right now and won't be too bothered if we don't add to it before the window shuts.

Still hopeful we will make at least one big signing though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #307: Aug 08, 2021 11:06:06 pm
      Plenty of competition for places now isn't there? Elliot hugely impressive again. Naby finally looks healthy fingers crossed he stays that way. Both in with a strong shout to start against Norwich.

I'm starting to think Jürgen is happy with the squad he has right now and won't be too bothered if we don't add to it before the window shuts.

I’m mostly happy with the squad we have if they stay healthy and fresh. Problem comes when you factor injury and fatigue. Still would like to see us sell Shaq and Origi and sign an attacker.

Oh and Mbappe as well please.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #308: Aug 09, 2021 03:46:45 am

Right now it's just a game of numbers, as in we're at the limit of foreign players we can sign and need to get rid of someone before we can bring someone else in. The squad is definitely good enough as is and if we can find takers for players like Origi and Shaq then we could look to bring replacements in, but with many teams hurting financially who knows if we'll have bidders for them.

I've said it before, but when you have players like Jones and Elliott, you should be looking to open spots for them to move into, instead of bringing in players to block their path.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2021 03:54:23 am by CT_LFC »
      BigNothing
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #309: Aug 09, 2021 10:32:07 am
      Enjoyed the game, if not the queuing experience beforehand. I guess it was to be expected with the new technology, hopefully it gets sorted before the first game at home. I still managed to get in around 30 minutes from what i thought was KO.

To the game:

Elliott looks the real deal, not just the flashy swivels or shots, some of his passing was exquisite. I had been a keen observer of rovers games last season and thought he looked head and shoulders above that level of football but thought he lacked pace. He doesn't seem like a speedster but he's definitely not prohibitively slow. I could be wrong but he seems to be in front of Jones in the pecking order now, I'm sure they'll both get good minutes though.

Jota took his goal well but was quite quiet but is a little bit behind the rest of the lads. Sadio was really sharp as i thought salah was, apart from him leaving his shooting boots at home.

VVD was spraying passes for fun. Keita was energetic for 60 minutes then tired.

Robbo got injured right in front of us, looked like a classic inversion sprain for my money. The type that feel horrendous for 10 minutes after the injury but generally die down after that, i'd still expect him to miss 2-3 weeks if his ligaments arent too badly damaged.

For what was a pre-season game, i thought it was a fairly intense, enjoyable 90 minutes.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #310: Aug 09, 2021 04:12:42 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #311: Aug 09, 2021 07:19:10 pm
      I miss Klopps glasses already  :(
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #312: Aug 09, 2021 07:20:28 pm

Agreed. It's just not right.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #313: Aug 09, 2021 07:20:28 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #314: Aug 09, 2021 07:35:23 pm
      Nice goal from Taki.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #315: Aug 09, 2021 07:36:23 pm
      Nice work by Mino, was going to be a goal by Gordon if it hadn't been deflected. And what a pass by Fab.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #316: Aug 09, 2021 07:36:36 pm
      Nice first touch from Taki, deserved that, just missed one before that too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #317: Aug 09, 2021 07:41:46 pm
      Classic Liverpool goal that

Kostas looks a good un
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #318: Aug 09, 2021 07:41:55 pm