Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-season friendlies 2021

Read 32652 times
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Re: Pre-season friendlies 2021
      Reply #345: Aug 09, 2021 09:05:57 pm
      Impressed with the intensity this evening. I have a feeling Klopp will look at this match and the one yesterday and think no new signings are needed. We might get away without a new midfield option but we surely need a back up attacker.

Konate is a beast of a player, if he han cut out the odd miss placed pass. Roll on Saturday..
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #346: Aug 09, 2021 09:07:56 pm
      Great game, everyone looks sharp and ready, ox was fab
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #347: Aug 09, 2021 09:13:59 pm
      Good workout
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #348: Aug 09, 2021 09:19:05 pm
      I know you are not supposed to read into friendlies too much...........

But F**k me some of those players looked good the last two matches!

Konate - Has to start alongside VVD, his ability to pick a pass looks up there, like VVD feels like he could be a rolls royce of a player.
      Elliot - Want him featuring a lot of the bench this season.
      Minamino - Seems a player with confidence, a couple of beautiful runs and touches, want to see him more this season.
      Tskmismsikas - Looks like he has gone up a level since last season.

From the youngsters' excl Elliot:

Clarkson - So composed on the ball, if Chelsea fans get a hard-on for Gilmore, wait till this lad gets some consistent game time!
      Woodburn - Looks a different player to what we have seen in the past, looks really sharp and confident in himself.
      Beck - I like the balls he has on him, not afraid to be positive and get at players, good showing.

Not bad, not bad at all!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #349: Aug 09, 2021 09:22:19 pm
      Lots of positives to take from this game.

Ox, man of the match. Was pretty much everywhere. Impressive stuff.
      Bobby: Si Señor! Nothing else needs to be said.
      Taki carrying on his strong preseason form. He'll be an asset this season.
      Tsimikas solid again. Was a bit bullied for their goal, but R. Williams is equally at fault for me.
      Konaté, what a beast that man is (in the best sense).
      Good cameo by Hendo. Great to see him back at Anfield.
      Ben Davies... He does exist!  ;D
      Clarkson impressed me with his passing. Hopefully he'll be involved a little more this year, he seems to have Jürgen's trust.

Many other youngsters showed glimpses of their talent (Gordon and Beck mostly). Looking forward to seeing them develop.

Don't know what to make of Woodburn. You can see he has 'something', but I'm afraid it might be too late for him with us. Injuries robbed us of a good little player.

On the other hand, I'm sorry but it's time for Origi to move on. Don't tarnish your legacy by staying too long, lad.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #350: Aug 09, 2021 09:26:55 pm
      Lots of positives to take from this game.

Ox, man of the match. Was pretty much everywhere. Impressive stuff.
      Bobby: Si Señor! Nothing else needs to be said.
      Taki carrying on his strong preseason form. He'll be an asset this season.
      Tsimikas solid again. Was a bit bullied for their goal, but R. Williams is equally at fault for me.
      Konaté, what a beast that man is (in the best sense).
      Good cameo by Hendo. Great to see him back at Anfield.
      Ben Davies... He does exist!  ;D
      Clarkson impressed me with his passing. Hopefully he'll be involved a little more this year, he seems to have Jürgen's trust.

Many other youngsters showed glimpses of their talent (Gordon and Beck mostly). Looking forward to seeing them develop.

Don't know what to make of Woodburn. You can see he has 'something', but I'm afraid it might be too late for him with us. Injuries robbed us of a good little player.

On the other hand, I'm sorry but it's time for Origi to move on. Don't tarnish your legacy by staying too long, lad.

Origi and it seems very soon Shaq will be gone . Nat must also be close to leaving
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #351: Aug 09, 2021 10:13:45 pm
      The players look refreshed,  Jürgen does too. They needed a break and I think us fans did as well. Roll on Saturday
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #352: Aug 09, 2021 10:31:46 pm
      As a "downside" there is no way I see another player coming in. We are loaded. Not just back-ups, but players that are pretty close starting material. I could easily see Konate taking over from Matip during the season, I could easily see Ox or Keita replacing Thiago, I could see Tsimikas better Robbo and that Jota is able to replace Bobby is obvious meanwhile, but even Elliott or Minamino could really push - if Salah or Mané get lazy Jürgen can push them with these guys. Last season they knew that neither Origi nor Shaq were available/able to replace them.

We need also to make one thing clear: this team is loaded, this team has to win at least one important silverware (CL, PL, FA) and has to qualify for next CL season if not some weird fate strikes again!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #353: Aug 09, 2021 10:32:49 pm
      AOC is quality, he’s got everything to succeed - I hope it bangs for him this season

Was he playing attacking midfield or as one of the forwards?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #354: Aug 09, 2021 10:38:43 pm
      As a "downside" there is no way I see another player coming in. We are loaded. Not just back-ups, but players that are pretty close starting material. I could easily see Konate taking over from Matip during the season, I could easily see Ox or Keita replacing Thiago, I could see Tsimikas better Robbo and that Jota is able to replace Bobby is obvious meanwhile, but even Elliott or Minamino could really push - if Salah or Mané get lazy Jürgen can push them with these guys. Last season they knew that neither Origi nor Shaq were available/able to replace them.

We need also to make one thing clear: this team is loaded, this team has to win at least one important silverware (CL, PL, FA) and has to qualify for next CL season if not some weird fate strikes again!

Why are you shouting ha ha
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #355: Aug 10, 2021 01:00:08 am
      Haven't watched a minute of pre season so far but having read some of the comments on here, I am absolutely buzzing, especially to see what AOC and Harvey are going to add to our squad this year. Bring it On!!!!
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #356: Aug 10, 2021 02:32:17 am
      Haven't watched a minute of pre season so far but having read some of the comments on here, I am absolutely buzzing, especially to see what AOC and Harvey are going to add to our squad this year. Bring it On!!!!

There are even some shoutouts missing; I thought Gomez looked tidy and composed(far more so than Konate), Tsimikas was brilliant all game. Fabinho was his usual excellent self, Ox was absolutely brilliant!

On another note, Osasuna. I thought those c!nts were absolutely reckless. Shoving Curtis to the ground and then casually kneeing him in the face should have been dealt with, and it just wasn’t. Likewise many other incidents where they kicked, hauled down and otherwise battered our players. We were lucky to get through without any more serious injuries.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #357: Aug 10, 2021 02:47:53 am
      On another note, Osasuna. I thought those c!nts were absolutely reckless. Shoving Curtis to the ground and then casually kneeing him in the face should have been dealt with, and it just wasn’t. Likewise many other incidents where they kicked, hauled down and otherwise battered our players. We were lucky to get through without any more serious injuries.

Seems to be the norm for Spanish teams lately... Fofana (Leicester) was injured in their friendly against Villareal and will be out until 2022, Atlético Madrid vs Feyenoord saw a fight started by Atlético players, etc.

A bit strange all those incidents.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #358: Aug 10, 2021 07:08:06 am
      There are even some shoutouts missing; I thought Gomez looked tidy and composed(far more so than Konate), Tsimikas was brilliant all game. Fabinho was his usual excellent self, Ox was absolutely brilliant!

Thanks mate

Fkn Osasuna cu*ts!!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #359: Aug 10, 2021 11:09:09 am
      Top pre-season.

Lots of fringe players showing up well, and the Injured lads getting minutes.

Klopp has many selection headaches coming up next week. ;D
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #360: Aug 10, 2021 03:45:30 pm
      Impressed by Konate when have seen him preseason, which hasn't been a lot.
      Different kettle of fish playing PL matches, especially against the other top4 challengers, but feeling a lot better about our CB options right now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #361: Aug 10, 2021 04:33:05 pm
      If there is one player who loves to play in front  of the Anfield crowd it’s Bobby

Loved his celebrating with Kostas after the first, proper getting the lad involved.

One player that definitely loves playing in front of a crowd is Bobby La
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #362: Aug 10, 2021 04:34:44 pm
      Loved his celebrating with Kostas after the first, proper getting the lad involved.

One player that definitely loves playing in front of a crowd is Bobby La

Actually saw people being critical of his Celebration 🤦‍♂️
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #363: Aug 10, 2021 04:37:20 pm
      Actually saw people being critical of his Celebration 🤦‍♂️

Hahaha F***ing hell!!

Some people don't appreciate WHY Bobby is there.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #364: Aug 11, 2021 03:44:46 pm
      I’m way more excited for this season than I was for last years at this point, I’m literally excited just to see the first pre match thread… getting to hear Anfield every other week is going to be a blessing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #365: Aug 13, 2021 12:33:38 am
      So really haven't watched much of Pre season, maybe 5 minutes. Can anyone tell me if we have maybe changed up the game plan a bit in any of the games? Instead of going via the sides, have we been attacking down the middle at all?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #366: Aug 16, 2021 11:30:22 am
      Liverpool played against Aston Villa behind closed doors.

Absent, though, were Thiago and Henderson, who only managed cameo appearances in the final pre-season friendly against Osasuna, with injury and an extended holiday ensuring late involvement respectively.

It was something of a surprise to see the midfield pair left off the teamsheet, particularly with Curtis Jones already ruled out due to concussion.

But it transpires that they were instead pencilled in to feature in a secret friendly at Anfield on Sunday, which saw Liverpool take on Aston Villa behind closed doors.

The Reds ran out 4-1 winners with Jones among the scorers having been passed fit to start, joined by Divock Origi, Neco Williams and, impressively, Kaide Gordon on the scoresheet.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #367: Aug 16, 2021 11:59:33 am
      Liverpool played against Aston Villa behind closed doors.

Absent, though, were Thiago and Henderson, who only managed cameo appearances in the final pre-season friendly against Osasuna, with injury and an extended holiday ensuring late involvement respectively.

It was something of a surprise to see the midfield pair left off the teamsheet, particularly with Curtis Jones already ruled out due to concussion.

But it transpires that they were instead pencilled in to feature in a secret friendly at Anfield on Sunday, which saw Liverpool take on Aston Villa behind closed doors.

The Reds ran out 4-1 winners with Jones among the scorers having been passed fit to start, joined by Divock Origi, Neco Williams and, impressively, Kaide Gordon on the scoresheet.

Thanks for this. I wonder if Gomez and Konate played.

Quick Reply