Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Jordan Henderson marks 10 years at LFC

Read 6127 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Jordan Henderson marks 10 years at LFC
      Jun 09, 2021 10:39:53 am
      A great example to us all of sticking at it and getting better.  Could have easily departed at one stage and goes on to be the Captain with all the big trophies at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SwcGd6bXPM

“I’m not quite sure! It feels as though it’s flown by. It feels as though I’m getting old, but I still feel quite young. I’m 30, still a lot of time left in my career. But [it’s been] an incredible 10 years, an incredible 10 years,”

“I just hope there’s more to come in the future. No-one ever knows what’s going to happen in the future and I know in football things change very quickly and things have to come to an end as well. I’m just very grateful that I got to spend 10 years at least at this football club and achieved the things that I’ve achieved.

“And again, I’d have to thank everybody that’s supported us along the way: fans, players [and] staff have been incredible and I’ve been so lucky and fortunate to have worked with all of them, and they’ve given us my dreams back.

“All of them together have made my dreams come true and I can’t thank them enough, really.”

Klopp:

“It’s a great achievement and there’s no doubt that he is, and will be forever, a Liverpool legend. I am really proud of him.”

“Our story is very much Hendo’s story and you could see how happy everybody was for him when we won it and everybody wanted him to get the trophy and all these kind of things.

“That’s a massive sign from a team, you don’t have that a lot. So probably people always respect their captain, most of the time I would say, but respect and love - not a lot of them get.”
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: Jordan Henderson marks 10 years at LFC
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2021 11:20:29 am
      I’m made up for him, he’s a wonderful human being and a wonderful leader

A true Liverpool legend

Well in skip
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2021 11:35:24 am
      The ultimate team player who sacrifices his own game for the greater good.

Well in lad.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2021 12:41:05 pm
      We could say many wonderful things about the skipper, but I'll just say this:

19, 6 and 1

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2021 12:57:55 pm
      Kenny saw in Henderson early on the leader he would become for this club..

Deserves the medals & praise.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2021 01:50:29 pm
      Great player, great captain, great person.

Shoved some humble pie down the haters' throats. None of those fools are calling him "Captain sideways" any more.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2021 04:37:53 pm
      Well done Captain! Ynwa
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2021 05:02:02 pm
      Underrated, undervalued.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2021 09:09:42 pm
      A great example to us all of sticking at it and getting better.  Could have easily departed at one stage and goes on to be the Captain with all the big trophies at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SwcGd6bXPM

Klopp:

That's a beautiful video.

Legend!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2021 10:21:02 pm
      Not too shabby for a player once told by old f***in bacon face he wasn’t good enough, We almost lost him too had Rogers got his way, Jordan Henderson is nothing short of a actual living legend, and that’s just his playing career, off the pitch he’s a incredible human being, his charity work is well documented and he has the respect from all the other captains in the EPL and around Europe,

He has had to work his nads off to get where he is now, I can remember the criticism he would get on a regular basis and if im honest I probably was critical too, but he stuck to his guns and won round those who slated him almost on a weekly basis, then when Ste retired and Hendo got the armband we started to see the real Jordan Henderson, and the rest his history….

I don’t think there is a player since October 2015 who hasn’t improved while working under Jürgen, and Hendo is no exception, in fact I’d argue that we do not operate as smoothly when Jordan doesn’t play, we don’t have the same balance, the ground he covers is unbelievable, he allows Trent to bomb forward without fear knowing Hendo has his back, his assists has improved as too has his passing, he reads the game better than most and pitches in with a few goals too, he may not be as good a player as Gerrard was, but in terms of captaincy he’s every bit as good, and that is the biggest compliment I can think of to give him, he had Massive boots to fill, and he’s done so with aplomb.

Congratulations Jordan Henderson,

You are a credit to your profession, a credit to your peers and to LFC, and a credit to humanity .

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2021 10:30:55 pm
      Top player
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2021 05:57:45 pm
      He's a boss trophy lifter!!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,117 posts | 1183 
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2021 06:09:31 pm
      A fine example of how persistence eventually pays off. A top professional. Really do need more characters like him in the team.

Still walks a bit funny though!
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2021 06:16:20 pm by -LFC- »
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,628 posts | 1551 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2021 09:28:32 pm
      Not too shabby for a player once told by old f***in bacon face he wasn’t good enough, We almost lost him too had Rogers got his way, Jordan Henderson is nothing short of a actual living legend, and that’s just his playing career, off the pitch he’s a incredible human being, his charity work is well documented and he has the respect from all the other captains in the EPL and around Europe,

He has had to work his nads off to get where he is now, I can remember the criticism he would get on a regular basis and if im honest I probably was critical too, but he stuck to his guns and won round those who slated him almost on a weekly basis, then when Ste retired and Hendo got the armband we started to see the real Jordan Henderson, and the rest his history….

I don’t think there is a player since October 2015 who hasn’t improved while working under Jürgen, and Hendo is no exception, in fact I’d argue that we do not operate as smoothly when Jordan doesn’t play, we don’t have the same balance, the ground he covers is unbelievable, he allows Trent to bomb forward without fear knowing Hendo has his back, his assists has improved as too has his passing, he reads the game better than most and pitches in with a few goals too, he may not be as good a player as Gerrard was, but in terms of captaincy he’s every bit as good, and that is the biggest compliment I can think of to give him, he had Massive boots to fill, and he’s done so with aplomb.

Congratulations Jordan Henderson,

You are a credit to your profession, a credit to your peers and to LFC, and a credit to humanity .

Y  N  W  A

Great post Billy and I'm completely with you on everything you said, deserves all the praise and accolades he receives, well done Jordan, a wonderful man all round.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #14: Jun 15, 2021 06:46:59 pm
      Always rated him even when everyone else seemed to call for his head.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #15: Jun 26, 2021 10:59:52 pm
      I wast always convinced but his perseverance has changed my opinion of him
      Improved no end as a player.
      As a person, I suppose he was always shat he is, we just never had the opportunity to see it !
      I’m proud to see him wear that shirt for us !
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #16: Jun 30, 2021 04:02:10 pm
      Haven’t been his biggest fan over the years, and if I’m totally honest I’m still not a huge admirer, however to play for us for over ten years is some achievement. On the verge of joining fulham and went on to captain us to european and domestic titles. His professionalism and work ethic have never been in question and I think klopp and his team mates have done wonders for him.

Congratulations Jordan, a career to be very proud of.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #17: Jun 30, 2021 11:01:29 pm
      Simply well done Jordan Henderson !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #18: Jun 30, 2021 11:22:24 pm
      I wast always convinced but his perseverance has changed my opinion of him
      Improved no end as a player.
      As a person, I suppose he was always what he is, we just never had the opportunity to see it !
      I’m proud to see him wear that shirt for us !

scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #19: Jul 12, 2021 10:13:53 pm
      Shocking South gate substituted,the substitute,really felt for him,he ran about more and was more vocal,than the rest of them,would have done better at taking a penalty also back fired big time.

Quick Reply