Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Champions League 2021-2022

Read 55139 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Champions League 2021-2022
      Reply #1035: May 05, 2022 09:29:10 am
      FFS. got rangers fans in my office saying we have had an easy run to champions league final, played nobody, teams they have beat recently etc.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1036: May 05, 2022 09:46:09 am
      It’s looking like it’s written in the stars.  :f_doh:

We all know City were the best team against RM over the two legs they just fcuked up. Not forgetting you were all sh!tting yourselves if the final was against them.  ;D

Everything falling into place nicely for you lot! Is it ok if I delete my membership if you do the Quad? Aussie Red not going to let me live this down….. Come to think of it none of you will, Walt & HR will be on my case  too.  :lmao:

I’m buying Chav/RM shirts at weekend   :P :P :P

have you got your LFC shirt ready with No7 on it.
      whatever happens in these next few weeks this season has been exceptional by any measure winning all our away games in the CL (think thats correct). As much as City will feel fragile now we will be emboldened and what Mo has been missing will now be returned with a new improved Mo.
      As usual as we saw on Tuesday we will make it tense and if we can get that witch doctor to sort out RM then all will be good.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1037: May 05, 2022 09:56:11 am
      just as an aside I hope we dont get that Ref he was awful and whether he was biased or not he let RM off the hook a few times and he really did not like Sterling. Blowing up early when added time is supposed to be the minimum was strange.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1038: May 05, 2022 10:42:51 am
      No. You should defect. And change your nationality to scouse. And everything would be fine...

Walt & HR won’t let me.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1039: May 05, 2022 10:48:19 am

Arguably Real are more dangerous than City (who haven't beaten us this season), so we've probably got the tougher final as a result.

But I'm delighted.. firstly to play Real (for above reason), and secondly because this will hopefully hurt City and disrupt their form. We can only hope anyway.

Never in a month of Sundays RM are more dangerous than City, I get the European bit being in the CL though. Granted the best teams don’t always win would your a better side than RM. Had you of played City it was a hard one to call from a neutral point of view.

Trust me majority of Liverpool fans wanted RM in the final because they have a better chance of winning it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1040: May 05, 2022 10:53:26 am
      have you got your LFC shirt ready with No7 on it.
      whatever happens in these next few weeks this season has been exceptional by any measure winning all our away games in the CL (think thats correct). As much as City will feel fragile now we will be emboldened and what Mo has been missing will now be returned with a new improved Mo.
      As usual as we saw on Tuesday we will make it tense and if we can get that witch doctor to sort out RM then all will be good.

No7? Well if I did it would have Ronaldo on the back.  ;D You lads looking good for a treble if not Quads Walt. I can’t praise Klopp enough. As I’ve recently said, always thought Pep had the edge over Klopp, not anymore. You have the best manager in the world now.

That fcuking hurt but it’s the truth in my opinion.  ;D 

Ps… need to buy some rose tinted glasses.  :lmao:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1041: May 05, 2022 10:54:52 am
      Agree Keith, I'm delighted City are out. Liverpool v City is fifty fifty, against Madrid we are favourites, and most importantly for me, we have a big opportunity for revenge.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1042: May 05, 2022 10:57:02 am
      FFS. got rangers fans in my office saying we have had an easy run to champions league final, played nobody, teams they have beat recently etc.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

After the group stages you did  unquestionably. However,  I always maintain you can only beat what’s put in front of you though,  Liverpool didn’t pull their own balls out of the hat, they wasn’t sticky like some of you lot! say when you get bad draws.  :lmao: at the end of the day you deserved to win the matches coz you played the best football.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1043: May 05, 2022 10:58:32 am
      Agree Keith, I'm delighted City are out. Liverpool v City is fifty fifty, against Madrid we are favourites, and most importantly for me, we have a big opportunity for revenge.

Only thing is you can’t get revenge on the man you’d like to.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1044: May 05, 2022 11:48:26 am
      Never in a month of Sundays RM are more dangerous than City, I get the European bit being in the CL though. Granted the best teams don’t always win would your a better side than RM. Had you of played City it was a hard one to call from a neutral point of view.

Trust me majority of Liverpool fans wanted RM in the final because they have a better chance of winning it.

They scored 3 past City at the Etihad. 2 in two minutes.. and then a winning goal at home.

Not more dangerous? These are experienced winners. I'm not taking this final for granted.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1045: May 05, 2022 11:49:34 am
      After the group stages you did  unquestionably. However,  I always maintain you can only beat what’s put in front of you though,  Liverpool didn’t pull their own balls out of the hat, they wasn’t sticky like some of you lot! say when you get bad draws.  :lmao: at the end of the day you deserved to win the matches coz you played the best football.

Indeed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1046: May 05, 2022 11:51:35 am
      They scored 3 past City at the Etihad. 2 in two minutes.. and then a winning goal at home.

Not more dangerous? These are experienced winners. I'm not taking this final for granted.

Yup, need to be professional in the final & not let past emotions get in the way, I know Mo feels an injustice but I’m also sure Klopp will remind him of his focus & team ethos.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1047: May 05, 2022 11:53:03 am

You can’t take any final for granted and would be folly for any team to do so. They just got lucky, you can’t tell me RM were the best team over the two legs? Yes I know they won but the best teams don’t always win.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1048: May 05, 2022 11:54:24 am
      You can’t take any final for granted and would be folly for any team to do so. They just got lucky, you can’t tell me RM were the best team over the two legs? Yes I know they won but the best teams don’t always win.

They applied the pressure mate, City cracked.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1049: May 05, 2022 11:58:36 am
      They applied the pressure mate, City cracked.

Yeah I won’t argue that, they did crack but still the better side. Hopefully they don’t crack again Sunday against Newcastle  ;D
      Momentum defo with you lot! now  :f_doh:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1050: May 05, 2022 11:58:42 am
      Not much being said in the media and match highlights about the absolute cringefest nonsense of Real wearing "14" shirts and celebrating like they have won the Trophy. Ridiculous scenes at the end.

Imagine the reaction if we pulled out shirts with 7 on it after beating Villareal.  :roll:
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1051: May 05, 2022 01:21:44 pm
      Look at the early odds where we are favourites. RM‘s core players (Modric, Benzema) are old, its defense is vulnerable, we will stay sharp bc of the title race while there‘s a good chance they get rusty by not having to play the maximum. Of course if we treat them like Villareal after the 1st leg we‘d be in for a surprise, but it won‘t happen, just alone because of 2018. Our chances for CL7 are 60:40, while it would have been 50:50 had we played City.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1052: May 05, 2022 01:50:56 pm
      Not much being said in the media and match highlights about the absolute cringefest nonsense of Real wearing "14" shirts and celebrating like they have won the Trophy. Ridiculous scenes at the end.

Imagine the reaction if we pulled out shirts with 7 on it after beating Villareal.  :roll:

They’ll have to burn them after we tear them apart 👊🏼
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1053: May 05, 2022 02:14:55 pm
      Any chance someone can start a pre match thread for LFC v Real.. be nice to share stats, omens etc etc.. 😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1054: May 05, 2022 02:30:56 pm
      This will either fire City up or they'll drop their heads. I'm betting on the latter. They just heaped a TON of pressure on themselves. if they come up with no silverware this year, it will be an utter failure for them. They will feel the weight of that with every misplaced pass, every missed shot, etc...

It's our time!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1055: May 05, 2022 02:40:26 pm
      This will either fire City up or they'll drop their heads. I'm betting on the latter. They just heaped a TON of pressure on themselves. if they come up with no silverware this year, it will be an utter failure for them. They will feel the weight of that with every misplaced pass, every missed shot, etc...

It's our time!

It would be great if they felt that, but it's not true is it? Their football is a success. Same as if we won nothing more this season. It's what we do that's successful, we play great football and the rest is beyond control. Opponents could be inspired, get the decisions, deflections blah blah blah.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1056: May 05, 2022 05:20:19 pm
      Can not wait for the final

Been listening and reading today, lot of real m fans saying they going to spank us and we let to many goals in. Because they have taken out psg chealsea  and city and we are next plus our league is overrated.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 283 posts | 62 
      Reply #1057: May 05, 2022 05:34:44 pm
      Can not wait for the final

Been listening and reading today, lot of real m fans saying they going to spank us and we let to many goals in. Because they have taken out psg chealsea  and city and we are next plus our league is overrated.

I think that most of them still thinking Karius is still our first keeper.  8)

Quick Reply