Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Palace v Man Utd 3:00 PM BST
      Newcastle v Sheff Utd 3:00 PM BST

Premier League 2021-2022

Read 133795 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Premier League 2021-2022
      Reply #1403: Jan 15, 2022 11:22:42 pm
      Stevie doesnt seem to be upset with Phil and he knows what really happened and his class is still there and he had always had a football brain
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1404: Jan 15, 2022 11:36:52 pm
      were does the Villa game leave UTD two goals gifted to them and battered second half . Looks like DeGea is once again their saviour.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #1405: Jan 16, 2022 12:10:46 am
      were does the Villa game leave UTD two goals gifted to them and battered second half . Looks like DeGea is once again their saviour.
      I suppose points after 38 games let us know where it leaves every club including us. For UTD I saw a fantastic first 25 minutes today followed by Villa slowly matching them. For City I saw a machine who can get 95+ points every season but for us, I see a sporadic machine that can be either brilliant, magnificent, unbelievable like first 12 minutes v AC Milan at home or flat and unpredictable like the last 5 games. Let us focus on our support for our team, forgot what others are doing and just try and get maximum points from remaining games. Let's get back to that sort of momentum that we had going just before the Watford 0-3 game two years ago.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2817 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1406: Jan 16, 2022 07:47:06 am
      Just looking at highlights city and chelsea....its just the having players able/willing to carry the ball from deep and able/willing/prepared to shoot that seperate city from us.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1407: Jan 16, 2022 09:26:15 am
      Stevie doesnt seem to be upset with Phil and he knows what really happened and his class is still there and he had always had a football brain

I think Stevie the Liverpool player and Stevie the Villa manager would be completely different things
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1408: Jan 16, 2022 01:18:37 pm
      I think Stevie the Liverpool player and Stevie the Villa manager would be completely different things

Spot on, rest assured if SG was Liverpool manager he wouldn’t get a foot in.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1409: Jan 16, 2022 01:50:50 pm
      But its not about that. It's about not taking back a player who was a snake and totally downed tools and caused uproar for months to get his way. No thanks.

Tbh, I'm not sure I've ever considered taking a player back who's left. Prefer to move forward, not back [though a loan is not same as resigning]
      And there are players that really annoyed me when leaving like Owen, Sterling etc, and don't like them now, while others like Cou, Luis for whatever reason didn't really bother me too much how they left because I enjoyed watching them play so much that kind of overrode everything else.
      Wouldn't have taken Luis back, but have a soft spot for Cou.
      But fair enough, you can't stand him now, and it seems the majority opinion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1410: Jan 16, 2022 03:00:30 pm

you aren table to get into Stevies mind so thats tosh.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1411: Jan 17, 2022 07:50:28 am
      you aren table to get into Stevies mind so thats tosh.

I watched him for 20 years so feel I have a good reading of him

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1412: Jan 17, 2022 09:51:30 am
      Tbh, I'm not sure I've ever considered taking a player back who's left. Prefer to move forward, not back [though a loan is not same as resigning]
      And there are players that really annoyed me when leaving like Owen, Sterling etc, and don't like them now, while others like Cou, Luis for whatever reason didn't really bother me too much how they left because I enjoyed watching them play so much that kind of overrode everything else.
      Wouldn't have taken Luis back, but have a soft spot for Cou.
      But fair enough, you can't stand him now, and it seems the majority opinion.

It's not that I can't stand him mate. Him and his agent disrespected us ... like sterling and his. Walking out on your team-mates , faking injury ... going on strike. Like with sterling, the anger fades and we move on ... but not forget. I wish Cou well ... hes a good lad who allowed himself to be badly advised. I wish he was still here ... and had never left. He'd be a legend now. I hope he gets some of his swagger back and enjoys his football again because the last 4 years have been a disaster in footballing terms.

Torres left ... Owen left ... but they contributed till the end. Don't get me started on the dirty sly racist out for himself cannibal who also went on strike though. Only diouf was a bigger c*nt and I wouldn't take a p*ss on either of them if they were on fire. The only 2 ex players I despise and I despised them while they were here as well.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1413: Jan 17, 2022 10:57:38 am
      Should the Leeds game not be arranged for last weekend no games scheduled and week between games rather than show Horning in later
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2817 
      Reply #1414: Jan 17, 2022 12:38:20 pm
      Right

Where do you lot see city dropping points to let us sneek back in??
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #1415: Jan 17, 2022 12:47:02 pm
      Right

Where do you lot see city dropping points to let us sneek back in??

Potentially

Spurs
      Man Utd
      Brighton
      Palace
      Wolves
      West Ham
      Villa

Plus ourselves

They are are all capable of taking points of them

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2817 
      Reply #1416: Jan 17, 2022 12:53:31 pm

Potentially

Spurs
      Man Utd
      Brighton
      Palace
      Wolves
      West Ham
      Villa

Plus ourselves

Spurs              Not for me, theyll back right off, cowards, look at the cup v chelsea

Man Utd.....usually id say maybe...but they are sh*te, sh*te. City will rip them apart

Brighton .....cant see this at all

Palace.....seem to be a bit of a bogey side alright

Wolves ......hmmm, again cant see it but if at home potential to hold out for a draw

West Ham....season finished when they beat us....another spurs

Villa......at villa park again like wolves potential for a point, beat them im not sure

City get a headstart on these team, they sh*t themselves and submit before kick off. They dont do it as much v us weirdly. If some of these teams grew a set and had a go at city they are beatable, but too many are beaten before it starts

Looks more likely that they could drop points in a few draws maybe, meaning we will have to beat them and probably win all our other games to

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1417: Jan 17, 2022 12:55:15 pm

Potentially

Spurs
      Man Utd
      Brighton
      Palace
      Wolves
      West Ham
      Villa

Plus ourselves

That the sign of a very desperate man, not happening. Priority has to be CL and the Micky Mouse Cup.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #1418: Jan 17, 2022 01:00:15 pm
      Spurs              Not for me, theyll back right off, cowards, look at the cup v chelsea

Man Utd.....usually id say maybe...but they are sh*te, sh*te. City will rip them apart

Brighton .....cant see this at all

Palace.....seem to be a bit of a bogey side alright

Wolves ......hmmm, again cant see it but if at home potential to hold out for a draw

West Ham....season finished when they beat us....another spurs

Villa......at villa park again like wolves potential for a point, beat them im not sure

City get a headstart on these team, they sh*t themselves and submit before kick off. They dont do it as much v us weirdly. If some of these teams grew a set and had a go at city they are beatable, but too many are beaten before it starts

Looks more likely that they could drop points in a few draws maybe, meaning we will have to beat them and probably win all our other games to

So far they have lost to Spurs and Palace and dropped points at home to Southampton , as well losing on Pens to West Ham

You asked where they could drop points - well they could drop points anywhere - they have have a good run on the pitch , Covid isn’t affected and there just don’t have many of any injuries

If that stays the same then it’s going to be tough but we have the CL starting up again soon and they really want that so who knows what will happen

They could  just continue to steam roll though the link and get 90plus points again - or they could hit a stick patch .

Might as well have some belief
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1419: Jan 17, 2022 07:06:53 pm
      Arsenal still loaning out players when they've had to have a game called off?

Ridiculous.

System is an absolute joke.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1420: Jan 17, 2022 07:07:56 pm
      Arsenal still loaning out players when they've had to have a game called off?

Ridiculous.

System is an absolute joke.

Thursday in doubt also I have heard
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1421: Jan 17, 2022 07:08:46 pm
      Thursday in doubt also I have heard

Yep.

By all means loan out players if you want but don't expect to have games called off.

Farcical.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2022 10:44:39 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1422: Jan 17, 2022 07:30:25 pm
      So after a season and a half of dealing with this the FA doesn't have a mechanism in place, a standard if you will by which to determine when a team gets postponed?

I mean it's not like we didn't know this was a possibility so really there should be a procedure by which a team has to prove that they meet a pre-defined standard and it should be the same for every club. That's not really that hard to come up with it.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1423: Jan 17, 2022 07:33:53 pm
      So after a season and a half of dealing with this the FA doesn't have a mechanism in place, a standard if you will by which to determine when a team gets postponed?

I mean it's not like we didn't know this was a possibility so really there should be a procedure by which a team has to prove that they meet a pre-defined standard and it should be the same for every club. That's not really that hard to come up with it.

Not hard at all mate and quite frankly a ludicrous situation we find ourselves in.

We don't need to all agree on the number but surely it should be some sort of amount of first team Covid cases, squad Covid cases or percentage of footballers or something like that

A solid number that triggers a postponement.

Anything else you have to get on with it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1424: Jan 17, 2022 07:34:59 pm
      Not hard at all mate and quite frankly a ludicrous situation we find ourselves in.

We don't need to all agree in the number but surely it should be some sort of amount of first team Covid cases, squad Covid cases or percentage of footballers or something like that

A solid number that triggers a postponement.

Anything else you have to get in with it

Yep, seems like it would be pretty straightforward to me. Oh that is unless you want to be able to just make it up as you go along to benefit whoever you want ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1425: Jan 17, 2022 07:56:38 pm
      didnt we have to field an U23 team against Villa when we went to the WCC?. Same should apply to all teams if you have 14 registered players in the ifrst team squad the game goes on

Quick Reply