Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Brentford v Newcastle 3:00 PM BST
      Bournemouth v Sheff Utd 3:00 PM BST
      Burnley v Forest 3:00 PM BST
      Chelsea v Everton 3:00 PM BST
      Wolves v Luton 3:00 PM BST
      Villa v Wolves 3:00 PM BST
      Bournemouth v Palace 3:00 PM BST
      Villa v Liverpool 3:00 PM BST
      Brighton v Chelsea 3:00 PM BST
      Palace v Newcastle 3:00 PM BST
      Fulham v Man City 3:00 PM BST
      Chelsea v West Ham 3:00 PM BST
      Liverpool v Sheff Utd 3:00 PM BST
      Chelsea v Bournemouth 3:00 PM BST
      Everton v Forest 3:00 PM BST
      Luton v Fulham 3:00 PM BST
      Everton v Brentford 3:00 PM BST
      Forest v Chelsea 3:00 PM BST
      Fulham v Newcastle 3:00 PM BST
      Spurs v Forest 3:00 PM BST
      Wolves v Arsenal 3:00 PM BST
      Newcastle v Spurs 3:00 PM BST

Premier League 2021-2022

Read 130283 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Premier League 2021-2022
      Reply #529: Oct 07, 2021 02:47:40 pm
      I'm assuming you meant 320m?

Since the most valuable sports franchise in the world is only valued around 5.7bn.

No, the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund is reportedly worth 320 billion. Compare that to City's owners wealth of 23bn, they are massively eclipsed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #530: Oct 07, 2021 02:49:13 pm
      No, the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund is reportedly worth 320 billion.

Oh sorry, I follow you now.

Either way, I'm sure Newcastle fans will likely just be glad to be rid of Ashley.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #531: Oct 07, 2021 03:18:25 pm
      Ashley to Bonesaw killer.... couldn’t make it up...

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #532: Oct 07, 2021 03:42:51 pm
      Looks like Newcastle are the latest team to get the artificial hike up the league. In 5 years time we could be battling them as well as City United Chelsea for the title.

Can't wait to watch Shearer etc on MOTD getting smug and talking about how good it is for Newcastle...only months after bemoaning the death of football/greed and extortion following the Super League breakaway plans.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #533: Oct 07, 2021 04:11:20 pm
      Seems Newcastle are about to be owned by Saudi Arabia, worth a whopping £320bn.

Newcastle fans are kidding themselves if they think that's instant success, Chelsea were able to do it because United were the only other team able to spend at that time. City took a while and again that was at a time when there was generally a lot less money in the league... and they are still failing in Europe

Newcaslte will be waiting until next summer before they can even consider adding any quality because there's every chance they are going to end up getting relegated this season, even then it will be very difficult for them to do because players want success straight away, projects like Newcastle take a long time, it's not an instant success. Look at PSG, didn't win the league last season, yet to win the Champions League, since the likes of Messi and still getting beat 2-0 by Rennes.

Or it could go the way of Anzhi, manage to get the big names, owners cause a fire sale and they end up getting relegated multiple times.

I'm not so sure KK. I think what it does garuntee them is staying in the Premier league next year. They'll buy in January window to make sure as the way I see it now there down.

I'm a armchair of Newcastle like I am of a few clubs where as I just like to see them win unless there playing the real United.  ;D  What's hopefully pleasing about it all of the takeover does go through is the fans. They've had it tough, arguable more than most fans as they deserve to be called a top six side based on their loyal fans who pack the stadium week in week out. Unlike Empteyhad.

Newcastle have history to their background so wouldn't hold it against them if the oil barons come in. Pretty much as I've said whereas I'm no longer bothered if we get same type of owners if it brings the success back.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #534: Oct 07, 2021 04:32:19 pm
      I'm not so sure KK. I think what it does garuntee them is staying in the Premier league next year. They'll buy in January window to make sure as the way I see it now there down.

I'm a armchair of Newcastle like I am of a few clubs where as I just like to see them win unless there playing the real United.  ;D  What's hopefully pleasing about it all of the takeover does go through is the fans. They've had it tough, arguable more than most fans as they deserve to be called a top six side based on their loyal fans who pack the stadium week in week out. Unlike Empteyhad.

Newcastle have history to their background so wouldn't hold it against them if the oil barons come in. Pretty much as I've said whereas I'm no longer bothered if we get same type of owners if it brings the success back.

If they are in the bottom 3 they will struggle to sign players good enough to change that because what decent player will want to leave where they are for a relegation scrap and potentially being relegated.

I’m not sure what all the history talk is about with Newcastle to be honest, it’s nearly 100 years since they won the league and it was hardly a trophy ridden time for them. They’ve won a few trophies here and there in their history but nothing in the last 60 odd/70 years. Michael Owen nailed it to be honest when he said the fans might think they’re a big club, but they aren’t.

Personally I don’t like the club, they think they are bigger than what they are, Bruce, Shearer etc. Just a club that gets under my skin.

Not sure it’s much of an upgrade on Ashley given the human rights issues. Be interesting to see if it actually goes through, still seems to be a lot of calls for it not to happen because of the human rights.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #535: Oct 07, 2021 06:17:54 pm
      What's the F***ing point in that 'Fit and Proper' owner test if this lot manage to pass it?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #536: Oct 07, 2021 06:21:37 pm
      If they are in the bottom 3 they will struggle to sign players good enough to change that because what decent player will want to leave where they are for a relegation scrap and potentially being relegated.

I don't think that's the case myself KK. Potential will get decent players flocking to the club. We all know football players greedy b@stards and will go anywhere if the money or right. We know how easy it is to get round spending more money on fees than what coming into the club. City do it regular as we both know.

Newcastle will become a big six club in time. As you know takeover now gone through. I'm really pleased myself, think it's great for their fans and great for the best league in the world. It's going to add more spice.

I hope Man U follow suit, bring in the oil merchants.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #537: Oct 07, 2021 11:03:44 pm
      I was watching that BBC documentary Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League.

What a dreadfully poor piece of programming. Aside from Arsenal getting a look in for the first 20 minutes of episode 4, the whole series might as well be a retelling of Man Utd's dominant decade. For sure, the rise of the Premier League and Man Utd under Fergie happen in tandem but it does such a disservice to all the other clubs that propelled the league forward during that decade. The likes of Newcastle and Blackburn - prominent clubs in the early years of the league are patronised and even early challengers like Norwich and Villa are basically ignored altogether. Everything is defined/refined through a Man Utd filter. Not even Wenger and Arsenal's remarkable and unique efforts can escape that filter.

So, imagine my complete lack of surprise to learn that it was produced by David Beckham's production company Studio 99. (Quite what Beckham offers in the realm of tv production is anyone's guess. Simply put - it's not a history of the Premier League. It's another fluff piece by those shameless self promoters, the 'Class of 92'. You'd think they had cured cancer the way they promote themselves and their place in history. Quite something for a bunch who were just a group of decent but not world class footballers.

Piss poor. Stay well clear.
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2021 11:10:24 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #538: Oct 08, 2021 04:14:39 am
      Sh!t does happen, remember when you lot! were leading 3-0 and ended up 3-3  ;D

F**k off c**t

Another reason you should be banned!  :action-smiley-055:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #539: Oct 08, 2021 06:20:32 am
      F**k off C**t

Another reason you should be banned!  :action-smiley-055:

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :cool-smiley-027: :cool-smiley-027: :action-smiley-035:  :action-smiley-035: Come on! Admit it, you'd miss me  :D
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2021 10:07:50 am by racerx34 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #540: Oct 13, 2021 03:56:03 pm
      Funny how that tw*t Sugar was never brought to book about the info he divulged to Sky about upping their bid regarding Premier League tv rights.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #541: Oct 13, 2021 03:56:43 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Not interested in the cups really, anybody can win them if luck is on your side to get through the rounds, seen that with Wigan winning the FA Cup.

It took City 5 years to win the league in a weaker league than it is now and it took them 10 years to get back to back titles and to that level of real dominance (even then they only beat us to it by a single point).
      Chelsea have had one of the best teams around with some highly rated managers with unlimited funds and they’ve won the league just twice in the last 11 years, finishing outside the top 4 three times and scraping 4th on a couple of occasions.
      United throw a heap of money at players and are approaching 10 years without winning the league.
      This is with those teams signing supposedly world class players too. If Newcastle fans think they’re getting anywhere near a league title after just 5 years, they’re in for a shock IMO.

Before Newcastle talk about winning titles, they have to get themselves out of the relegation zone. That would be a start. They can talk the talk, but there's nothing they can do with their current squad until next year. Even when they can, there's really no incentive for anyone to go there apart from a bigger wallet. It's not exactly New York and anyone used to warm climates will find Newcastle in January to be a culture shock. While anyone that goes there will have to give up winning trophies in the short term, and in so doing, endorse the regime funding it. Why would any impatient, ambitious player or coach do that?

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      I was watching that BBC documentary Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League.

What a dreadfully poor piece of programming. Aside from Arsenal getting a look in for the first 20 minutes of episode 4, the whole series might as well be a retelling of Man Utd's dominant decade. For sure, the rise of the Premier League and Man Utd under Fergie happen in tandem but it does such a disservice to all the other clubs that propelled the league forward during that decade. The likes of Newcastle and Blackburn - prominent clubs in the early years of the league are patronised and even early challengers like Norwich and Villa are basically ignored altogether. Everything is defined/refined through a Man Utd filter. Not even Wenger and Arsenal's remarkable and unique efforts can escape that filter.

So, imagine my complete lack of surprise to learn that it was produced by David Beckham's production company Studio 99. (Quite what Beckham offers in the realm of tv production is anyone's guess. Simply put - it's not a history of the Premier League. It's another fluff piece by those shameless self promoters, the 'Class of 92'. You'd think they had cured cancer the way they promote themselves and their place in history. Quite something for a bunch who were just a group of decent but not world class footballers.

Piss poor. Stay well clear.

It was about the beginning of the league, and the early years of the league was mostly about them. They finished in the top 2 every year until we stopped them in 2002. Apart from them taking up half the series, there was some good stuff. How the league was set up, how they lost the league in 95 and 98, and how players lived with addictions and social issues. The rest was basically as you describe.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #542: Oct 16, 2021 04:39:24 pm
      #olein
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #543: Oct 16, 2021 04:40:47 pm
      Decent impact by Daka
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #544: Oct 16, 2021 04:42:18 pm
      F**k sake, 2-2
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #545: Oct 16, 2021 04:43:53 pm
      buayahahah
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #546: Oct 16, 2021 04:44:40 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #547: Oct 16, 2021 04:44:48 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #548: Oct 16, 2021 04:51:49 pm
      Haha 4-2
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #549: Oct 16, 2021 04:52:03 pm
      Well there it is! 4-2 Leicester. Man Utd's long unbeaten run away from home is over. A great run... where they won the sum total of f**k all.

Is it me or are United the new Tottenham?

'Lads... it's Man Utd.'
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #550: Oct 16, 2021 04:52:24 pm

That laugh must be us  :couch:
      We are such a badly coached side  :-*
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #551: Oct 16, 2021 04:55:24 pm
      Well there it is! 4-2 Leicester. Man Utd's long unbeaten run away from home is over. A great run... where they won the sum total of f**k all.

Is it me or are United the new Tottenham?

'Lads... it's Man Utd.'

Just hope they don’t sack Ole

Quick Reply