Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich)

Read 2960 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich)
      Jun 27, 2021 08:19:54 pm
      Kingsley Coman linked today.

Far more likely than Mbappe.

For what it's worth I think we as a club like the idea of Mbappe but any deal is beyond us.

Don't do it to yourselves folks. ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2021 11:25:10 am by JD »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2021 09:06:18 pm

So the rumour goes are initial bid is about £15 mil short.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2021 09:08:45 pm
      So the rumour goes are initial bid is about £15 mil short.

Edwards will add about £5M and about 10 clauses and get the deal done then. ;D
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2021 09:29:37 pm
      Edwards will add about £5M and about 10 clauses and get the deal done then. ;D

We give you 5m more but you take Origi for 19m but we reverse the 5m when Origi does his 5th step over and should you win the Bundesliga at any point you have to take Keita in a swap deal for Kimmich
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2021 09:48:15 pm
      Kingsley Coman linked today.

Far more likely than Mbappe.

For what it's worth I think we as a club like the idea of Mbappe but any deal is beyond us.

Don't do it to yourselves folks. ;D

Why would Bayern sell Coman, though. He’s only 25.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2021 10:01:22 pm

Same as always because he won’t sign a new contract unless Bayern meet his extortionate wage demands.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2021 10:15:38 pm
      Same as always because he won’t sign a new contract unless Bayern meet his extortionate wage demands.

Ah, makes sense. If it’s like Alaba where he wants wages far beyond making sense then no thanks.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7: Jun 27, 2021 11:29:03 pm

He's SOOOO injury prone though. Very good player, not acting like he isn't, but I'd pass.

Whatever we gotta do to get Renato Sanches, we should do it. That dude is the full package. Wasn't ready for a big move 4 years ago, but definitely is now. I love that dude. Ran the pitch against Belgium
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2021 11:47:35 pm
      He's SOOOO injury prone though. Very good player, not acting like he isn't, but I'd pass.

Always felt he was over-rated though give him credit he was great in the UCL final a couple years ago with Bayern. Guy does have an insane trophy haul for someone in mid 20's. I would probably agree with passing on him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #9: Jun 28, 2021 12:56:07 am

Whatever we gotta do to get Renato Sanches, we should do it. That dude is the full package. Wasn't ready for a big move 4 years ago, but definitely is now. I love that dude. Ran the pitch against Belgium

Isn’t Sanches just as injury prone as Coman?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2021 01:19:12 am
      I could hardly believe he's the same guy that played for Swansea. He's got a bit of everything, I like the guy. Is he still owned Bayern or is it Lyon?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Re: Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2021 04:25:44 pm
      I could hardly believe he's the same guy that played for Swansea. He's got a bit of everything, I like the guy. Is he still owned Bayern or is it Lyon?

He is a Bayern player. First time i saw him play was when he was at Bayern from loan from Juve. I dont think this guy has ever played for swansea, or atleast i cant remember that.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #12: Jun 28, 2021 04:37:10 pm
      He is a Bayern player. First time i saw him play was when he was at Bayern from loan from Juve. I dont think this guy has ever played for swansea, or atleast i cant remember that.

He was referring to Renato Sanches, not Coman
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2021 05:01:52 pm
      He was referring to Renato Sanches, not Coman

aha, my bad.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2021 05:27:41 pm
      Great name. We should be getting both him and Mbappe with none of our players exiting.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2021 06:01:37 pm
      Coman the destroyer
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2021 06:15:36 pm
      Great name. We should be getting both him and Mbappe with none of our players exiting.

Do you not get bored of the same narrative time and time again 😴
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #17: Jun 28, 2021 06:53:03 pm
      Any source for this?

Had to be taken off in the France game after being brought on as a sub.

That's made my mind up. We've got enough of them in Shaq, Keita, Ox and Matip
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2021 10:25:59 pm by Salah10 »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #18: Jun 29, 2021 05:57:44 am
      Hell no, dudes a walking injury. Next!!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #19: Jun 29, 2021 06:38:21 am
      I dont see it really. He is young (only 24) despite the fact that he's one of those players you feel like they've been around forever but the injury record coupled with the wages he would command and the price we would have to pay for him make no sense.

It is one thing to buy a player only for him to turn out to be injury prone despite not showing any major signs at his previous club (Keita) but its another to walk head first into it by buying a player infamous for being super injury prone.

Coman himself, a year ago or so, couldn't take it anymore and publicly said he is/was contemplating retiring because of the number of injuries and operations had to go trough. He said he can't go through a third operation on his foot and that if it happens he will retire.

Coman is super talented but the issue is we would be buying somebody who is constantly injured and contemplating retirement if he is seriously injured again. That just doesn't make sense. Don't see it happening. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Jun 29, 2021 12:33:09 pm
      Not for me, is he any better than what we already have? I don't think he is,  we want players that make us better, I'd rather we go full on for Neuhaus,  Tielimans, Bissouma another, etc, younger hungrier players that take us to another level, and carry us long term, I'd put in a bid for Sancho too, and piss on Manure's crisps, their hell bent on getting him so let's give him a dilemma,  LFC, guaranteed CL football and a go at the title every season or Munts, where even Ole doesn't have a a Scooby where their going to end up, I would argue outside the top 4 when you consider us, City, Chavs & probably Leicester are more settled and are more likely to be the top 4 this coming season,

Either way,  Jadon Sancho would prefer us to them, better style of football, better players and the Klopp hugs,

Make it happen plz !

YNWA
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #21: Jun 29, 2021 12:46:52 pm
      Not for me, is he any better than what we already have? I don't think he is,  we want players that make us better, I'd rather we go full on for Neuhaus,  Tielimans, Bissouma another, etc, younger hungrier players that take us to another level, and carry us long term, I'd put in a bid for Sancho too, and piss on Manure's crisps, their hell bent on getting him so let's give him a dilemma,  LFC, guaranteed CL football and a go at the title every season or Munts, where even Ole doesn't have a a Scooby where their going to end up, I would argue outside the top 4 when you consider us, City, Chavs & probably Leicester are more settled and are more likely to be the top 4 this coming season,

Either way,  Jadon Sancho would prefer us to them, better style of football, better players and the Klopp hugs,

Make it happen plz !

YNWA

Jürgen wants him. He publicly stated it too. I think he's out of our budget or I'm sure we'd be making a move
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #22: Jun 29, 2021 02:37:16 pm
      I dont see it really. He is young (only 24) despite the fact that he's one of those players you feel like they've been around forever but the injury record coupled with the wages he would command and the price we would have to pay for him make no sense.

It is one thing to buy a player only for him to turn out to be injury prone despite not showing any major signs at his previous club (Keita) but its another to walk head first into it by buying a player infamous for being super injury prone.

Coman himself, a year ago or so, couldn't take it anymore and publicly said he is/was contemplating retiring because of the number of injuries and operations had to go trough. He said he can't go through a third operation on his foot and that if it happens he will retire.

Coman is super talented but the issue is we would be buying somebody who is constantly injured and contemplating retirement if he is seriously injured again. That just doesn't make sense. Don't see it happening.

Great post, sir
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #23: Jun 29, 2021 02:55:58 pm
      Do you not get bored of the same narrative time and time again 😴

It's a happy thing to fantasize without having to worry where the money is coming from. There's so much freedom when we assume we've money for any player we would like. Money indeed talks.

I may be talking through me nose. But when I start to think how much we have for subsequent transfers, it's hard to imagine these nice names coming in... if we ain't getting them realistically, at least let me dream while the window is open. It doesn't cost anything to dream.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #24: Jun 29, 2021 09:28:58 pm
      Stop those fantasy wa**s. Keita is iron in comparison to this dude.

Quick Reply