Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Carvalho - Fulham

Read 21603 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Fabio Carvalho - Fulham
      Reply #207: Apr 08, 2022 03:07:44 pm
      Definitely going to result in the departure of Ox IMO.

Fab, Thaigo, Hendo, Elliott, Jones, Carvalho, Keita and possibly Milner.

Yea I can see the ox leaving, he will start every week for most teams outside top 3.

I think Milner may leave as well, he could still be starting for a lot of EPL teams and definitely top championship teams, or a couple of years in the USA or somewhere else sunny. ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #208: Apr 08, 2022 04:02:54 pm
      Yea I can see the ox leaving, he will start every week for most teams outside top 3.

I think Milner may leave as well, he could still be starting for a lot of EPL teams and definitely top championship teams, or a couple of years in the USA or somewhere else sunny. ;D

He'd do well at a team like Villa who will play a more open game and allow him to run with the ball and get consistent playing time which he needs to get into any kind of rhythm.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #209: Apr 08, 2022 09:14:01 pm
      So is he one for the future or does this kid walk in to start, next season?

Only heard the hype about this transfer, know nothing of how he plays.

Lots of questions for us fans. Is he an attacking mid, is he a no10, a false 9? We don't know how Klopp intends to use him or how he will develop. Definitely looks talented and tenacious though, so will suit us especially if he can build up his strength.

Quite a few departures this summer, probably. Ox, Origi, Milly. I don't expect any major signings ( assuming Mo signs )just a few under the radar stuff.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #210: Apr 09, 2022 12:19:40 am
      Thanks guys

U guys know I know F**k all about other players from other Clubs apart from our beautiful Reds, so my question is, is this signing a cheaper version of Bellingham but just as exciting and promising?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #211: Apr 09, 2022 09:25:07 am
      He'd do well at a team like Villa who will play a more open game and allow him to run with the ball and get consistent playing time which he needs to get into any kind of rhythm.

Good shout tbf,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #212: Apr 09, 2022 01:45:17 pm
      Some noise (on twitter admittedly) that we have reached an agreement in principle to sign him this summer.

Knock me down with a feather!!

Transfer has been arranged since at least Jan. Just held off until the summer. Another reason why Williams went to Fulham ;)
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #213: Apr 09, 2022 10:49:58 pm
      Thanks guys

U guys know I know f**k all about other players from other Clubs apart from our beautiful Reds, so my question is, is this signing a cheaper version of Bellingham but just as exciting and promising?

No one looks as good as Bellingham, but it's our style to to pick out the jewels no one else can see.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #214: Apr 29, 2022 02:46:57 am
      AOC and Milner will create space for him.

We have so much young talent in midfield Jones, Elliott and him. One day we will see this combo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #215: Apr 29, 2022 07:04:21 am
      No one looks as good as Bellingham, but it's our style to to pick out the jewels no one else can see.

Personally, I’ve never seen a game of Bellingham where he looks as good as people make out. Not saying he’s not a good player, but I’ve not seen anything from him hat suggests he’s a 100mill player.

Ox is leaving, 100%. Milner may possibly stay.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #216: Apr 29, 2022 08:23:50 am
      Ox is leaving, 100%. Milner may possibly stay.

I hope Milner stays for another season. If we are going for every competition again next season his experience  will be important in league cup and FA cup games when we will probably play a lot of the youngsters.

I'm also assuming we will lose N Williams so Milner's role as a utility player is important. I'm slightly concerned we could also lose Gomez who covers RB but he will probably be ok to stay another season.

Henderson will probably take over Milner's role in the squad in 1 year with less and less playing time.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #217: Apr 29, 2022 09:05:53 am
      I hope Milner stays for another season. If we are going for every competition again next season his experience  will be important in league cup and FA cup games when we will probably play a lot of the youngsters.

I'm also assuming we will lose N Williams so Milner's role as a utility player is important. I'm slightly concerned we could also lose Gomez who covers RB but he will probably be ok to stay another season.

Henderson will probably take over Milner's role in the squad in 1 year with less and less playing time.
      Whatever happens it's refreshing that the contracts in the squad are being managed well so that we don't have any declining fringe players on long-term deals who are hard to offload. A few years ago the squad was loaded with such contracts whereas now pretty much all the fringe players have deals that expire soon which will create openings for younger additions to come in and refresh the squad. Origi, Milner, Ox, Gomez, and Keita have been valuable squad members but these are the sorts of depth players you want to be filtering out of your squad to rejuvenate things (less so with Gomez and Keita than the others though).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #218: Apr 29, 2022 09:14:25 am
      This lad defo taking ox place in the squad.

The ox hasnt had a sniff for weeks now, looked bored out his tits the other night on the bench.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #219: Apr 29, 2022 01:43:23 pm

We have so much young talent in midfield Jones, Elliott and him. One day we will see this combo.

Still see Milner ending up as part of Klopp's coaching team
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #220: Apr 29, 2022 02:46:48 pm
      Still see Milner ending up as part of Klopp's coaching team

I really hope so too.

Quick Reply