Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Kylian Mbappé (PSG)

Read 28801 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Re: Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
      Reply #115: Aug 25, 2021 10:33:34 pm
      Have they? Surely 'FSG fanboys' would know more than most that we simply can't sign players such as Mbappe under the current structure we work in?

Don't really think anyone talked this one up.

Yea I don’t think anyone has ever thought this would be a realistic signing. More just fun to kick around the idea but no way in hell there’s one person on this forum who believes it would be possible.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #116: Aug 26, 2021 09:12:33 pm
      Madrid are finished without The Superleague and they've just submitted a bit of 170m for Mbappe.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #117: Aug 26, 2021 10:19:04 pm
      Madrid are finished without The Superleague and they've just submitted a bit of 170m for Mbappe.

180 with add ons, supposedly been accepted too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #118: Aug 27, 2021 02:13:39 am
      How about this, Mbappe to Madrid, Ronaldo to PSG and everyone gets to see the two best to play together in Paris while we win the league and the Champions League.

Gini and Shaq?  :D

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #119: Aug 27, 2021 03:42:10 pm
      Quote from Billo
      But do we really want to tho? Good young player BUT his wages would be astronomical. Then other players would want the same wages. Could end up poisoning our squads harmony.

We have some good players, but the reason we have been doing well is our boss and that our squad play for each other. I just don't want to loose that.

If you don't want to play for Jürgen Klopp, then the problem is with you, rather than him.

Real are willing to pay the going rate for guaranteed quality. The club will recoup it almost immediately in shirt sales and sponsors. City have just paid 100m for an average second rate winger at a mid table club. Chelsea have just blown a similar amount on a manc reject. They won't be having it repaid in shirts and sponsors. Yeah Real can get him for free next year, but so could someone else. So if you can buy someone at a time when others can't, why would you not?

Of course our own billionaires were not prepared to compete with that level of outlay. All they see is the costs of paying up, not the benefits. So it's all scrimp and save, sign up a few new deals, make do with what we have, and hope Jürgen can cobble together another miracle or two.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #120: Aug 29, 2021 02:58:57 pm

Whenever someone thinks Madrid is finished, they always find the money from somewhere!!

I suppose it helps when getting backed by their own Government and Royal family.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #121: Aug 30, 2021 11:31:19 pm
      Madrid have the money but they were so desperate to push the super league through that they came saying they were skint.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #122: Aug 30, 2021 11:51:35 pm
      Madrid will end up having the last laugh though it seems. Apparently they have signed PSG target Camavinga right from under their noses and will get Mbappe for free next season too
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Aug 31, 2021 07:50:22 pm
      Hard to believe PSG refusing 170mill or whatever it is for a guy who's almost certainly going to leave on a free next summer.
      The haves and the have nots.
      Speaking of have nots, hope FSG are putting coins in their piggybank every night, will still need to pay his wages when he gets here  :scarf:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #124: Aug 31, 2021 07:58:41 pm
      Hard to believe PSG refusing 170mill or whatever it is for a guy who's almost certainly going to leave on a free next summer.
      The haves and the have nots.
      Speaking of have nots, hope FSG are putting coins in their piggybank every night, will still need to pay his wages when he gets here  :scarf:

I think it's even crazier that Real are offering it when they can sign him for free in a few months.

PSG can afford to lose the money more then Real can afford to splash that crazy fee a few months before he's available for nothing
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #125: Aug 31, 2021 08:13:40 pm
      I think it's even crazier that Real are offering it when they can sign him for free in a few months.

PSG can afford to lose the money more then Real can afford to splash that crazy fee a few months before he's available for nothing

Maybe they don't want to lessen their chance of getting him by waiting, when more clubs come into the mix when he goes "for free"?
      Dunno, from both sides, it's pretty nuts :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #126: Aug 31, 2021 08:16:42 pm
      Maybe they don't want to lessen their chance of getting him by waiting, when more clubs come into the mix when he goes "for free"?
      Dunno, from both sides, it's pretty nuts :)

Yea that could be it. Not very many clubs would be in for him though so Real mustn't be confident of their chances in January if they're willing to offer this now.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #127: Aug 31, 2021 08:34:44 pm
      RM, Barcelona, Juventus, etc want to create a Super League so they can keep spending money in the most reckless ways possible. The pandemic gave them the perfect opportunity to try and sell us this narrative that UEFA is not doing enough to help them survive. Maybe dont pay 140M for Coutinho and even more outrageous sums for players you can't even play properly (Griezman, Dembele, etc) and you'll survive.

Madrid are some how both broke and want the SL yet they have bid 3 times in one week for a guy going for free next summer with their last bid now being 200M. We are supposed to buy this idea that they are bidding for him because they let Ramos and Varane go...
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #128: Aug 31, 2021 10:26:50 pm
      Is the master plan to get Mbappe on a free in Jan? Edwards to then retire knowing the ultimate bosman will never be surpassed. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #129: Sep 01, 2021 12:29:20 am
      Is the master plan to get Mbappe on a free in Jan? Edwards to then retire knowing the ultimate bosman will never be surpassed. 

It's a nice idea but I'm not sure we've ever been in for Mbappe.

Even on a free it's not for us I think
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #130: Sep 01, 2021 04:46:32 am
      It's a nice idea but I'm not sure we've ever been in for Mbappe.

Even on a free it's not for us I think

The Player or his wages mate? Coz I'd take the player in a heartbeat. Shirt player sales would be his weekly income sorted.

The real reason he won't come is because James Milner won't give him the No 7 Guernsey  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #131: Sep 01, 2021 08:48:26 am
      The Player or his wages mate? Coz I'd take the player in a heartbeat. Shirt player sales would be his weekly income sorted.

The real reason he won't come is because James Milner won't give him the No 7 Guernsey  :D

I'd have him in a heartbeat mate but don't think we'll be in or around that transfer.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #132: Sep 01, 2021 08:49:09 am

What's happened with Mbappe during this transfer window is beyond belief. None of it makes sense from either PSG or Real Madrid.

Who's to say if Liverpool fans smoke enough of  :cool-smiley-027: you can sign him on a free and snatch him from RM. I believe he has a soft spot for you lads ( F**k knows why  :f_whistle: )  so if you did break your wage structure due to no transfer fee involved I wouldn't 100% rule it out. Maybe just 99%  :f_whistle:  ;D

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #133: Sep 01, 2021 09:22:23 am
      What's happened with Mbappe during this transfer window is beyond belief. None of it makes sense from either PSG or Real Madrid.

Who's to say if Liverpool fans smoke enough of  :cool-smiley-027: you can sign him on a free and snatch him from RM. I believe he has a soft spot for you lads ( f**k knows why  :f_whistle: )  so if you did break your wage structure due to no transfer fee involved I wouldn't 100% rule it out. Maybe just 99%  :f_whistle:  ;D

Very odd RM willing to splash that out when he has a gentleman's agreement or so they say . Mind boggling numbers PSG flexing their muscles
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #134: Sep 01, 2021 09:33:25 am
      Very odd RM willing to splash that out when he has a gentleman's agreement or so they say . Mind boggling numbers PSG flexing their muscles

They have some muscles if they can afford to lose near 200 million in six months.  :o
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #135: Sep 01, 2021 10:43:28 am
      They have some muscles if they can afford to lose near 200 million in six months.  :o

Appears that being a misogynistic fanatic enforcing slave labour to destroy the planet on which we all abode, gets you very toned...
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #136: Sep 01, 2021 02:17:53 pm
      This is all about PSG wanting him for 1 more year playing along side Messi and Neyma with their fingers crossed behind their backs that they manage to bring the CL to Paris. They are so desperate for the CL that they are willing to lose 220 million euro on him. (And can afford to)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #137: Sep 01, 2021 02:43:42 pm
      This is all about PSG wanting him for 1 more year playing along side Messi and Neyma with their fingers crossed behind their backs that they manage to bring the CL to Paris. They are so desperate for the CL that they are willing to lose 220 million euro on him. (And can afford to)

Seems that way.

Funny how these "mega-teams" keep failing in Europe.

Quick Reply