Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Kylian Mbappé (PSG)

Read 29014 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Re: Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
      Reply #138: Sep 01, 2021 03:03:11 pm
      One thing that is plausible in my opinion is that Perez knew PSG would refuse the offers but the aim was to indirectly tell Mbappe and the RM fanbase that we are willing to spend big on Mbappe but PSG does not want sanction to sanction the move so just wait for 6 months and then sign with us. Basically a move to play on everybody's emotions with no real cost to pay.

Considering Mbappe seems to have an emotional approach to the transfer (''RM my dream'' and all that) this could be a good approach because you essentially put Mbappe in a position of heightened emotions (My dream club is willing to pay 200M for me) making sure Mbappe holds tight and comes for free next summer all while cornering PSG in a bad position in Mbappe's mind (they received more than what they paid for me and still wouldn't let me make my dream come true) and all of that at no cost because you, essentially, bid money you knew PSG wouldn't accept.

Pair that with the verbal agreement Perez probably got out of Mbappe and he just secured the free transfer of Mbappe and will probably use that 200M to have a go at Haaland next summer all while telling us his team is in ruins and needs the Super League to survive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #139: Sep 01, 2021 04:40:09 pm
      What's happened with Mbappe during this transfer window is beyond belief. None of it makes sense from either PSG or Real Madrid.

Who's to say if Liverpool fans smoke enough of  :cool-smiley-027: you can sign him on a free and snatch him from RM. I believe he has a soft spot for you lads ( F**k knows why  :f_whistle:

Lebron's his buddy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: Sep 01, 2021 04:41:35 pm
      This is all about PSG wanting him for 1 more year playing along side Messi and Neyma with their fingers crossed behind their backs that they manage to bring the CL to Paris. They are so desperate for the CL that they are willing to lose 220 million euro on him. (And can afford to)

That looks like it in a nut shell.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #141: Sep 02, 2021 02:01:04 am
      Seems that way.

Funny how these "mega-teams" keep failing in Europe.

And long may it continue mate!

Come on LeBron, chip in and have a word to JWH!!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #142: Sep 03, 2021 03:04:42 pm
      anyone else just a wee bit embarrassed that in the end again, we got no big signings when it seems all of our competitors did ?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #143: Sep 03, 2021 03:48:22 pm
      anyone else just a wee bit embarrassed that in the end again, we got no big signings when it seems all of our competitors did ?
      No, not really. I base my satisfaction/embarrassment with our squad only based on our squad. We can't decide if we are satisfied or not with our squad based on what other teams do because this is out of our control and it is unrealistic that we will spend our transfer windows reacting to big money splashes from City, Chelsea or United.

I would've like an extra forward after Shaq left but that's about it. Most people who are very angry about our transfer window say they would've been happy with a either midfielder or a forward. If a forward or a midfielder was all it would've taken for you to be happy then then maybe the squad is pretty good to start with and we shouldn't lose that from our sight.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #144: Sep 03, 2021 05:28:37 pm

I'd only be embarrassed if one of our competitors signed one of our targets because we were too cheap to sign them. I'm not sure that's happened in this window?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #145: Sep 03, 2021 08:20:52 pm

Not in the slightest.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #146: Sep 03, 2021 11:09:25 pm

All day.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #147: Sep 04, 2021 12:12:31 am
      Not at all.

Our rivals signed some decent players, but how many players from our rivals would you take over ours in a Combined Best XI team?

Only ones I can think of are DeBruyne, Kane, and Ruben Dias - and even then there's an argument that Matip is better when healthy. Possibly Sterling over Mane as well on purely based on football reasons and current form, but I wouldn't want Sterling anywhere near our side.

Alisson
      Trent Dias VVD Robertson
                  Fabinho
           DeBruyne Thiago
      Salah      Kane      Mane
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #148: Sep 04, 2021 11:14:14 am
      Not at all.

Our rivals signed some decent players, but how many players from our rivals would you take over ours in a Combined Best XI team?

Only ones I can think of are DeBruyne, Kane, and Ruben Dias - and even then there's an argument that Matip is better when healthy. Possibly Sterling over Mane as well on purely based on football reasons and current form, but I wouldn't want Sterling anywhere near our side.

Alisson
      Trent Dias VVD Robertson
                  Fabinho
           DeBruyne Thiago

F**k off with Kane, he's too much of a lazy tw*t to be a Klopp player. Would rather stick with Bobby than spit the F***ing cockney dog.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #149: Sep 04, 2021 11:18:37 am
      Not at all.

Alisson
      Trent Dias VVD Robertson
                  Fabinho
           DeBruyne Thiago

I'd take Kante in a heartbeat, fantastic player. And as much as I love Sadio if we're judging it on form over the past 12 months or so, he'd be very lucky to get in a combined 11.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #150: Sep 04, 2021 11:20:43 am
      I'd take Kante in a heartbeat, fantastic player. And as much as I love Sadio if we're judging it on form over the past 12 months or so, he'd be very lucky to get in a combined 11.

He's probably one of a small number of players that would walk into and have no problems staying in the side. The curremt reason people rave about Pogba for France, Kante does all his spade work.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #151: Sep 04, 2021 01:09:37 pm
      F**k off with Kane, he's too much of a lazy tw*t to be a Klopp player. Would rather stick with Bobby than spit the f**king cockney dog.

Pride gets the better of you sometime Pete  ;D
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #152: Sep 04, 2021 09:17:49 pm
      F**k off with Kane, he's too much of a lazy tw*t to be a Klopp player. Would rather stick with Bobby than spit the f**king cockney dog.
      Yeah I didn't like selecting him there either, but he's proven to be near enough a guarantee of 20 goals a season so I think he gets in ahead of Firmino, G. Jesus, Lukaku, etc.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #153: Sep 04, 2021 09:19:21 pm
      Fair enough. I like Kante as well but in that DM position I just prefer Fabinho. Maybe Kante gets in ahead of Thiago though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #154: Sep 05, 2021 12:15:04 pm
      Yeah I didn't like selecting him there either, but he's proven to be near enough a guarantee of 20 goals a season so I think he gets in ahead of Firmino, G. Jesus, Lukaku, etc.

But he's a lazy f**ker. Klopp would never buy him as the rest of the game is poor. A bit like comparing Lineker to Rush!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #155: Sep 05, 2021 12:16:20 pm
      Pride gets the better of you sometime Pete  ;D

Pipe down manc. Kane is the comparison to Gary Lineker, a lazy tw*t who will score goals. I always preferred strikers like my first hero = Ian Rush!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #156: Sep 05, 2021 12:18:18 pm
      Pipe down manc. Kane is the comparison to Gary Lineker, a lazy tw*t who will score goals. I always preferred strikers like my first hero = Ian Rush!!

Well Rush a goal  hanger too.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #157: Sep 05, 2021 12:20:11 pm

But alsoa grafter the way he pressef!! You wouldn't know you were probably wetting yoursrlf over Jesper Olsen or something. If you haven't watched Rushie's whole game, don't embarrass yourself.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #158: Sep 05, 2021 12:37:01 pm
      But alsoa grafter the way he pressef!! You wouldn't know you were probably wetting yoursrlf over Jesper Olsen or something. If you haven't watched Rushie's whole game, don't embarrass yourself.

He was best goal hanger of his generation, hated his simply tap ins which obviously not a fluke as he did it time after time, bit like Fergie time  :P

Olsen? Never heared of him.  :f_whistle:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #159: Sep 05, 2021 11:51:20 pm
      He was best goal hanger of his generation, hated his simply tap ins which obviously not a fluke as he did it time after time, bit like Fergie time  :P

Olsen? Never heared of him.  :f_whistle:

I have to say I disagree with you about rush. His work rate was immense. And he had pace.
      He wasn’t a goal hanger, he just had a natural instinct to be in the right place at the right time.
      Would get into any team in the league right now when he was at his peak.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #160: Sep 08, 2021 07:07:15 pm

Dude I dunno. For most of his career this was definitely true. But now, Kane comes ba k deep and picks the ball up and they play through him outside the 18. Dude led the league last year in goals AND assists. Definitely showing off his range of passing the last few years.

Can't stand the guy, but he's damn good all around striker these days

Quick Reply