Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kylian Mbappé (PSG)

Read 28089 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
      Jun 25, 2021 10:16:20 pm
      Marca saying we are inquiring about Mbappe and ready to spend 100m to secure his services.

I’ll tell you what, if Kane and Grealish are 100m then Mbappe is easily 175

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2021 11:34:05 am by JD »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #1: Jun 25, 2021 10:24:58 pm
      Marca saying we are inquiring about Mbappe and ready to spend 100m to secure his services.

Yeah, can't really get any better than Mbappe to be honest. Best young player in world football. The fact that he would command such a hefty fee despite only having a year left on his contract tells its own story. You're getting 5 years of an unbelievable player in his prime. Wish we could be in with a shout of securing his services.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2021 10:03:16 am

Not having that mate, especially with covid about. For any player in the world max between 120/ 150 million.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3: Jun 26, 2021 01:29:51 pm
      Not having that mate, especially with covid about. For any player in the world max between 120/ 150 million.

With buyers thinking this way, there would be less competition. We should just pay up go for Mbappe. I see an opportunity. :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2021 02:03:48 pm
      With buyers thinking this way, there would be less competition. We should just pay up go for Mbappe. I see an opportunity. :D

You only have to look at the United deal currently going on Ruth. Last year was they spouting around 120 million for Sancho and now with covid in full swing it's looking like 77 million.

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2021 05:06:35 pm
      You only have to look at the United deal currently going on Ruth. Last year was they spouting around 120 million for Sancho and now with covid in full swing it's looking like 77 million.

Reasonably so... talking through me nose here. We should go for Mbappe, Kane, Son and Grealish. I don’t even know where the money is gonna come from. Perhaps from the sale of Boston Red Sox or load up £3b of junk bond debt.

Never mind if me community club goes into liquidation eventually. Buy these four players and win all the major trophies first. I think the club would be dead in no time if they hire me on the management board.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2021 05:17:52 pm
      Reasonably so... talking through me nose here. We should go for Mbappe, Kane, Son and Grealish. I don’t even know where the money is gonna come from. Perhaps from the sale of Boston Red Sox or load up £3b of junk bond debt.

Never mind if me community club goes into liquidation eventually. Buy these four players and win all the major trophies first. I think the club would be dead in no time if they hire me on the management board.
      :lmao: :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2021 06:32:10 pm
      It'd take £100m and Mane for Mbappe I reckon. It'll only happen if FSG or a new partner in FSG see all the marketing potential worldwide, not that I give a sh*t about that just the world class player we'd have.
      It's not likely but not as impossible as people think.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #8: Jun 26, 2021 10:01:38 pm
      It'd take £100m and Mane for Mbappe I reckon. It'll only happen if FSG or a new partner in FSG see all the marketing potential worldwide, not that I give a sh*t about that just the world class player we'd have.
      It's not likely but not as impossible as people think.

Are we even in for Mbappe?

His wages and fee don't fit with previous FSG business dealings
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2021 11:35:19 pm

Nope 🙅🏻
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2021 11:56:00 pm

Well I don't mean to piss on anyones parade, especially being new to the forum, but FSG aren't going to sanction Mbappe.

We signed Konate and straight away Pearce said that's our business done until we sell. Pearce is not an official, by any means, but history tells us he's correct.

We spend approx £30m net a year which we've spent. We'll now have to rely on sales to generate any cash for additional signings. We'd have to sell two of our stars to have the funds for Mbappe. He's currently on €360k per week. We're not matching that let alone giving him an increase and signing bonus. His next move is meant to earn him an increase. His agent wouldn't be worth his weight in salt if he brokers a deal for Mbappe to take a pay cut.

Anyone who's even entertaining the thought of us signing this lad is seriously mistaken.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2021 01:54:51 pm
      Well I don't mean to piss on anyones parade, especially being new to the forum, but FSG aren't going to sanction Mbappe.

We signed Konate and straight away Pearce said that's our business done until we sell. Pearce is not an official, by any means, but history tells us he's correct.

We spend approx £30m net a year which we've spent. We'll now have to rely on sales to generate any cash for additional signings. We'd have to sell two of our stars to have the funds for Mbappe. He's currently on €360k per week. We're not matching that let alone giving him an increase and signing bonus. His next move is meant to earn him an increase. His agent wouldn't be worth his weight in salt if he brokers a deal for Mbappe to take a pay cut.

Anyone who's even entertaining the thought of us signing this lad is seriously mistaken.

Who said anything about this summer lad?

And surely we wouldn't have sanctioned VVD and Big Ali if we're only spending £30 mil a year.

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2021 02:14:50 pm
      Who said anything about this summer lad?

And surely we wouldn't have sanctioned VVD and Big Ali if we're only spending £30 mil a year.

I think it's calculated at £30m a year net. That's what it was when I last read it so don't hold me on that.

He just doesn't fit the fsg profile. High fee and high wages. We're talking sky high wages. Up there with your Neymars and Hazards. If we get him on a free then we could afford to give him £50/60m over a 5 year contract because we're saving on a fee. One of our three have to go and for me it would have to be Firmino. I think Mbappe is wasted out wide and has to play through the middle.

This is never going to happen and you lot have me picturing it ;D Don't do this to me my heart won't take it when he's lifting a Madrid or City shirt in the end.

On more immediate signings I think Ox and Keita have come to the end of their careers with us. If we can get £30m for each that would be good business imo. I think there will be more suitors for Ox than Keita. Who's going to want him with his record? At least with Ox we have West Ham. We need Bournemouth back in the prem ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Jun 27, 2021 02:31:25 pm
      I think it's calculated at £30m a year net. That's what it was when I last read it so don't hold me on that.

He just doesn't fit the fsg profile. High fee and high wages. We're talking sky high wages. Up there with your Neymars and Hazards. If we get him on a free then we could afford to give him £50/60m over a 5 year contract because we're saving on a fee. One of our three have to go and for me it would have to be Firmino. I think Mbappe is wasted out wide and has to play through the middle.

This is never going to happen and you lot have me picturing it ;D Don't do this to me my heart won't take it when he's lifting a Madrid or City shirt in the end.

On more immediate signings I think Ox and Keita have come to the end of their careers with us. If we can get £30m for each that would be good business imo. I think there will be more suitors for Ox than Keita. Who's going to want him with his record? At least with Ox we have West Ham. We need Bournemouth back in the prem ;D

We're buying him to sit on the bench to replace Origi.

You're over-thinking this laaa.

City won't buy him they'll be spunking over Kane and Grealish.

Next summer, Lebron will send him a text, he'll be outside Kirkby holding up the shirt and selling socks and lighters to the locals.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #14: Jun 27, 2021 04:02:58 pm
      This Mbappe talk is getting interesting. We should consider him. We die for him to sign. We are preparing a bid for him. He’s attracted to Klopp. We will place a £100m bid for him and PSG would accept. He’d be paid £300k per week and Mo and co would be happy to suck up their own wage at £200k per week and not protest. Someone would be relegated to the bench presumably Bobby and he’d be happy to be benched.

FSG would find the £100m via the issue of junk bonds to the fans. Passionate fans like meself would subscribe and essentially pay for Mbappe. If FSG needs more money they could issue more bonds and I’ll perpetually fund them. I don’t know how FSG will repay the bonds but that’s the least of me priorities. Signing Mbappe would be the primary focus. And it will happen. Just because I wish for it to happen.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: Jun 27, 2021 04:37:59 pm
      This Mbappe talk is getting interesting. We should consider him. We die for him to sign. We are preparing a bid for him. He’s attracted to Klopp. We will place a £100m bid for him and PSG would accept. He’d be paid £300k per week and Mo and co would be happy to suck up their own wage at £200k per week and not protest. Someone would be relegated to the bench presumably Bobby and he’d be happy to be benched.

FSG would find the £100m via the issue of junk bonds to the fans. Passionate fans like meself would subscribe and essentially pay for Mbappe. If FSG needs more money they could issue more bonds and I’ll perpetually fund them. I don’t know how FSG will repay the bonds but that’s the least of me priorities. Signing Mbappe would be the primary focus. And it will happen. Just because I wish for it to happen.

Offer 50M + Salah and LET'S GO.

You're simply not going to have all of Mane, Salah and Mbappe on a team all trying to be top dog. Mbappe isn't going to come here to ride shotgun to Salah, he's going to want to be the man. Likewise, after having the offenses centered around him all these years, Salah isn't going to quietly let the offense now be centered around Mbappe and he have to do the dirty work for Kylian to benefit.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #16: Jun 27, 2021 05:00:17 pm
      Am I the only one who does not actually want us to buy Mbappé? Don't get me wrong, he's on his way to become the best player in the world, so on talent alone, it'd be a no-brainer. But there are serious downsides to this transfer...

1. His massive transfer fee. Call me crazy, but I'd rather spend the money on two world class players than one superstar. I believe the team would ultimately be stronger (think replacing Coutinho with Van Dijk + Alisson).

2. His salary. It's been discussed in the thread, but he would request wages that would disrupt our entire wage structure and could have a knock on effect on the rest of the team. Don't think for one moment Salah would be happy to see someone else earning twice as much as him.
      He's also relatively young, so his wages would only increase over time. I see it as a similar situation to Messi at Barcelona, where his wages are actually hurting the club and impacting their transfer budget.

3. His attitude. His ego has been a problem at PSG and it's starting to show within the French squad as well. We've been so strong lately because our team is a real unit. Even our star players put the team first. The last thing we want is for someone to disrupt that.

4. His position on the field. Is he really what we need the most right now? Mbappé is very similar to Mo and Sadio. Who do we sacrifice? Wouldn't we be better served by trying to find a real killer up front to replace Bobby? (I'd love Haaland but most of my points are valid for him as well)

5. Not a real downside but we make stars, we don't buy them.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2021 07:07:13 pm by PTU »
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #17: Jun 27, 2021 05:01:38 pm
      Offer 50M + Salah and LET'S GO.

You're simply not going to have all of Mane, Salah and Mbappe on a team all trying to be top dog. Mbappe isn't going to come here to ride shotgun to Salah, he's going to want to be the man. Likewise, after having the offenses centered around him all these years, Salah isn't going to quietly let the offense now be centered around Mbappe and he have to do the dirty work for Kylian to benefit.

Hear what you are saying and kind of agree, but he does kind of play second fiddle to Neymar at PSG god knows why because he is twice the player Neymar is.
      It probably won't happen but would love to see Mbappe playing for us.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #18: Jun 27, 2021 06:24:43 pm
      We're buying him to sit on the bench to replace Origi.

You're over-thinking this laaa.

City won't buy him they'll be spunking over Kane and Grealish.

Next summer, Lebron will send him a text, he'll be outside Kirkby holding up the shirt and selling socks and lighters to the locals.

I'll be the first to buy any merch he's selling. He's proper stuff. I think he would have a Thierry Henry type impact on the Prem.

Are there any names we're strongly linked with? We tend to be linked with a player then bosh we sign someone completely different. These "in the knows" seem to know nothing these days

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Jun 27, 2021 06:34:50 pm
      I'll be the first to buy any merch he's selling. He's proper stuff. I think he would have a Thierry Henry type impact on the Prem.

Are there any names we're strongly linked with? We tend to be linked with a player then bosh we sign someone completely different. These "in the knows" seem to know nothing these days

The 'in the knows' just regurgitate each other.

Always remember the words of Kenny:

"When we've got something to tell the fans, we'll tell them"
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #20: Jun 27, 2021 07:58:41 pm

Hear what you are saying and kind of agree, but he does kind of play second fiddle to Neymar at PSG god knows why because he is twice the player Neymar is.
      It probably won't happen but would love to see Mbappe playing for us.

I'm going to assume he'll sign and Salah and co would be happy. Me belief that supports this assumption is - In the words too many on these boards, "what makes you think it wouldn't happen?" ;D I'd assume it's done.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #21: Jun 27, 2021 08:20:37 pm
      The 'in the knows' just regurgitate each other.

Always remember the words of Kenny:

"When we've got something to tell the fans, we'll tell them"

Spot on mate.

On another note, I'd have like to see us sign a creative midfielder. Too many times last year we were running out of ideas. A goal getting midfielder someone who's not afraid to run in to the oppositions box and is a ball carrier
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #22: Jun 27, 2021 11:48:20 pm
      Quote from PTU
      Am I the only one who do not actually want us to buy Mbappé? Don't get me wrong, he's on his way to become the best player in the world, so on talent alone, it'd be a no-brainer. But there are serious downsides to this transfer...

1. His massive transfer fee. Call me crazy, but I'd rather spend the money on two world class players than one superstar. I believe the team would ultimately be stronger (think replacing Coutinho with Van Dijk + Alisson).

2. His salary. It's been discussed in the thread, but he would request wages that would disrupt our entire wage structure and could have a knock on effect on the rest of the team. Don't think for one moment Salah would be happy to see someone else earning twice as much as him.
      He's also relatively young, so his wages would only increase over time. I see it as a similar situation to Messi at Barcelona, where his wages are actually hurting the club and impacting their transfer budget.

3. His attitude. His ego has been a problem at PSG and it's starting to show within the French squad as well. We've been so strong lately because our team is a real unit. Even our star players put the team first. The last thing we want is for someone to disrupt that.

4. His position on the field. Is he really what we need the most right now? Mbappé is very similar to Mo and Sadio. Who do we sacrifice? Wouldn't we be better served by trying to find a real killer up front to replace Bobby? (I'd love Haaland but most of my points are valid for him as well)

5. Not a real downside but we make stars, we don't buy them.

In that case, why did we sign Thiago?

Mbappé is probably the fastest player in the world. Mo and Mane can't compete with him for speed, but they're still at a level where at least they can command a transfer fee well above 100m quid.

We're not going to sign Mbappé, but you know that if we did, we're paying top dollar wages because we're getting value for money. Any shortfall for FSG would be recovered before he's even kicked a ball, in shirt sales and merchandising. The only real downside would be if he would consider us as his final destination, or like Suarez, sees us as a mere stepping stone in his career.

Quick Reply