Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 46337 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #253: Oct 24, 2021 07:03:42 pm
      Just hoping no long term damage for Naby and Milner
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #254: Oct 24, 2021 11:16:11 pm
      Some problems in midfield, no doubt but just focusing on the defence for a minute.

Amazing that we now have a situation where Gomez, who was a key part of our title winning defence, is quite some way away from the first team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #255: Oct 25, 2021 10:14:17 am
      Just hoping no long term damage for Naby and Milner

Jones is fit again, and Thiago is almost back too.

also gives the OX more chances, hopefully he can show up, hes been decent as a sub recently.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #256: Oct 25, 2021 01:44:48 pm
      Jones is fit again, and Thiago is almost back too.

also gives the OX more chances, hopefully he can show up, hes been decent as a sub recently.

I thought Ox was deserving of a start yesterday given he's looked strong as a sub the past couple of times and that Milner going 3x in a week was a risk. Could be wrong, but i believe this is not the first time that he's gotten hurt when playing 3x in a week over the past year or two.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #257: Oct 25, 2021 01:47:01 pm
      I thought Ox was deserving of a start yesterday given he's looked strong as a sub the past couple of times and that Milner going 3x in a week was a risk. Could be wrong, but i believe this is not the first time that he's gotten hurt when playing 3x in a week over the past year or two.

yea for sure, he will defo start on Wednesday though.

Milner only got injured cos of robbos rubbish pass, made him stretch. D O H !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #258: Oct 25, 2021 03:38:29 pm

I'm sure when the camera showed Milner go to the bench, he said something to Kostas along the lines of it being because of a sh*t ball from Robbo. Or at least it looked like that is what he said.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #259: Oct 25, 2021 04:08:46 pm
      I'm sure when the camera showed Milner go to the bench, he said something to Kostas along the lines of it being because of a sh*t ball from Robbo. Or at least it looked like that is what he said.

;D  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #260: Oct 26, 2021 08:48:50 am
      yea for sure, he will defo start on Wednesday though.

Said that in the match thread. It was his 3rd or 4th rubbish pass at that stage, baffling for such a class player
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #261: Oct 26, 2021 08:51:15 am
      In relation to the squad Id expect to see

Gomez
      Neco
      Kostas
      Jonesey
      Taki
      Big D

All start tomorrow and 1 from Kevin/Adrian and Konate/Nat

3 youths filling the other spots. Morton and Gordan 2 of those
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #262: Oct 26, 2021 09:12:08 am
      Said that in the match thread. It was his 3rd or 4th rubbish pass at that stage, baffling for such a class player

Its like folk have said we never even played anywhere good as we can, but still won 5 nil. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #263: Oct 26, 2021 09:12:32 am
      In relation to the squad Id expect to see

Gomez
      Neco
      Kostas
      Jonesey
      Taki
      Big D

All start tomorrow and 1 from Kevin/Adrian and Konate/Nat

3 youths filling the other spots. Morton and Gordan 2 of those

definately.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #264: Oct 30, 2021 05:27:55 pm
      So my question still stands, who replaces Jones when he's having a shocker like Sunday?

Naby? The guy can't be trusted to play 45 mins without getting injured.

Still no answer here I see.

I've left this forum alone as everyone just attacks you when you talk sense.

I said it before a ball was kicked, if we don't replace Gini we don't win this league. I said Thiago, Fab, Milner and Naby will be injured and we'll have a midfield three of Hendo,Jones and Ox who will do F**k all. Well, embrace it now. You lot told me Naby and Ox were ready to step in for Gini. I gave you lot stats and you had all sorts of bullshit to attack me with. There's the midfield you wanted now enjoy.

Didn't replace Bobby and he misses the sitter at 2-0 which puts us out of sight.

I'll get off this forum again because you lot are a toxic bunch but keep backing FSG and you'll see there will be plenty more of these days to come.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #265: Oct 30, 2021 05:39:08 pm
      Jfc how is this ass clown not banned yet? What’s tie difference between he and Brown1 that one gets banned and the other doesn’t?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,956 posts | 3418 
      Reply #266: Oct 30, 2021 07:02:48 pm

I said it before a ball was kicked, if we don't replace Gini we don't win this league. I said Thiago, Fab, Milner and Naby will be injured and we'll have a midfield three of Hendo,Jones and Ox who will do f**k all. Well, embrace it now. You lot told me Naby and Ox were ready to step in for Gini. I gave you lot stats and you had all sorts of bullshit to attack me with. There's the midfield you wanted now enjoy.

Didn't replace Bobby and he misses the sitter at 2-0 which puts us out of sight.

I'll get off this forum again because you lot are a toxic bunch but keep backing FSG and you'll see there will be plenty more of these days to come.

😂😂😂

So you disappeared whilst we were winning and then we drop two points ( still unbeaten in 23 games ) and you come running back

How come you didn’t post it last week 🤷‍♂️
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #267: Oct 30, 2021 07:14:13 pm

😂😂😂

So you disappeared whilst we were winning and then we drop two points ( still unbeaten in 23 games ) and you come running back

How come you didn’t post it last week 🤷‍♂️

I don’t get it either. Last year it was obvious with our defence we were risking it by not replacing lovren.
      But our midfield has so many options. And Harvey Elliot made a good start before his unlucky injury.
      Even without him it leaves Henderson, Fabinho, keita, Thiago, Milner, Jones and ox.
      If we were doing a spurs or languishing in 6th I would see a point but I just don’t get it.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #268: Oct 30, 2021 07:37:10 pm
      I don’t get it either. Last year it was obvious with our defence we were risking it by not replacing lovren.
      But our midfield has so many options. And Harvey Elliot made a good start before his unlucky injury.
      Even without him it leaves Henderson, Fabinho, keita, Thiago, Milner, Jones and ox.
      If we were doing a spurs or languishing in 6th I would see a point but I just don’t get it.

Replacing Lovren or not had nothing to do with what happened last year when we lost 3 starters to season-long injuries and at one point i think top 4 options were all out. We struggled with numbers, not quality.

This year we have as many defending options (Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips, Fab) as last year (Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Phillips, Rhys, Fab) and would have been equally fu**ed for numbers if Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez went down again for the year.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #269: Oct 31, 2021 01:46:45 pm

Maybe you're on everybody's ignore list? You've to remember that the rest of us are a bunch of members whom aren't dead sure that we're correct over everything else unlike yourself? We just can't live up to your level and perfection. Perhaps you are dead sure why no one is replying you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8566 
      Reply #270: Oct 31, 2021 01:48:34 pm

I said it before a ball was kicked, if we don't replace Gini we don't win this league. I said Thiago, Fab, Milner and Naby will be injured and we'll have a midfield three of Hendo,Jones and Ox who will do F**k all. Well, embrace it now. You lot told me Naby and Ox were ready to step in for Gini. I gave you lot stats and you had all sorts of bullshit to attack me with. There's the midfield you wanted now enjoy.

pr**k!

Go missing last week and then reappear after dropping two points sums up what you are. Someone on a F***ing wind up. So no wonder you get treated like a gobs***e lad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #271: Oct 31, 2021 08:44:18 pm
      F**k, last year was a CB injury crisis

This year it's looking like a midfield crisis

Hurry the F**k up and buy Mbappe and Haaland before next seasons forward crisis!  ;)  :f_wah: :f_wah:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #272: Nov 01, 2021 08:03:08 am

I said it before a ball was kicked, if we don't replace Gini we don't win this league. I said Thiago, Fab, Milner and Naby will be injured and we'll have a midfield three of Hendo,Jones and Ox who will do f**k all. Well, embrace it now. You lot told me Naby and Ox were ready to step in for Gini. I gave you lot stats and you had all sorts of bullshit to attack me with. There's the midfield you wanted now enjoy.

Clown, were flying. coping pretty well with this mini MF injury crisis.

3 points off the top after 10 games, chance to get to quarters with 2 games to spare in a group of champions league death, quarters of league cup is pretty good me old san.

Seems you just have an agenda to love a doom and gloom scenario.   :lmao:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #273: Nov 01, 2021 08:40:11 am

Only reappearing when we drop points.

Sums you right up lad.

Ballbag.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #274: Nov 01, 2021 03:49:42 pm

Nowhere to be seen after the United game and back to say "I told you so" after some dropped points.
      Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,956 posts | 3418 
      Reply #275: Nov 03, 2021 10:12:18 pm

I wonder if you would like to revisit your opinion on Mane 🤔

Quick Reply