Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 22nd of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D4 L9

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 17742 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 29,189 posts | 3577 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #450: Jan 04, 2022 10:16:27 am
      Anyone agree with me that a summer of Bellingham and Bowen would be a decent window?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #451: Jan 04, 2022 10:28:18 am
      Anyone agree with me that a summer of Bellingham and Bowen would be a decent window?

That would be a very good window
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 466 posts | 209 
      Reply #452: Jan 04, 2022 10:31:47 am

It would but not likely is it? You be looking somewhere in the region of £130m for the pair?

So unless we sell somewhere in the region of £100m then it’s pie in the sky no?
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 29,189 posts | 3577 
      Reply #453: Jan 04, 2022 10:35:40 am
      It would but not likely is it? You be looking somewhere in the region of £130m for the pair?

Origi, Chamberlain, Gomez, Phillips, maybe Minamino and possible one of the main front three?

Those are possible exits and would approach £80M even for the first four on that list so I don't think it's out of the question mate
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,556 posts | 3461 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #454: Jan 04, 2022 10:41:48 am

Only if we added John Mcginn & Billy Gilmour too Si, doubtful but one can dream 😴 !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #455: Jan 04, 2022 10:49:47 am

I suspect ( prob wrong ) that there will be a lot more money available this summer

All the commercial has been restored
      Match day revenue

And the big one will be 2 years worth of Nike sales money ( haven’t had anything beyond the yearly price )

That along with some sales ( Ox, Keita and maybe some youngsters ) I think will provide the New DoF with some significant funds
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 466 posts | 209 
      Reply #456: Jan 04, 2022 10:54:10 am
      Origi, Chamberlain, Gomez, Phillips, maybe Minamino and possible one of the main front three?

Those are possible exits and would approach £80M even for the first four on that list so I don't think it's out of the question mate

I wouldn’t let Gomez go personally, we will just be spending 40-50m on his replacement

If Div and Taki leave and only Bowen comes in we’d be shorter than we are now let alone one of the current front three
      Say Mane, Taki and Div leave and just Bowen in? Disaster written all over that

I suspect ( prob wrong ) that there will be a lot more money available this summer

All the commercial has been restored
      Match day revenue

And the big one will be 2 years worth of Nike sales money ( haven’t had anything beyond the yearly price )

That along with some sales ( Ox, Keita and maybe some youngsters ) I think will provide the New DoF with some significant funds

We seem to have that line (through the press) every year

Next year will be a big one for Liverpool in the market, yet it never is
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #457: Jan 04, 2022 11:01:56 am
      I wouldn’t let Gomez go personally, we will just be spending 40-50m on his replacement

If Div and Taki leave and only Bowen comes in we’d be shorter than we are now let alone one of the current front three
      Say Mane, Taki and Div leave and just Bowen in? Disaster written all over that

We seem to have that line (through the press) every year

Next year will be a big one for Liverpool in the market, yet it never is

We don’t have that line - the press dribble it , the club as always say nothing when it comes to transfers

All this “next summer” stuff is part of the click bait that the Twitterati leap upon and then when the club don’t sign someone they use it as a tool to beat the club

The club have always been very quiet - shame some don’t see it

I’m just looking at the situation over the last 12 months and this season

We lost over £50mil in commercial revenue and £20mins because of the closed door games - because of the pandemic

Part of the Nike deal was getting 20% of all global sales

That’s due to this year

So when you add all that together and potentially offset some losses and add player sales then I can see the club looking at two first team players and maybe someone like Bellingham

But all this “next summer” sh*te should be left to the Twitter bed wetters
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 466 posts | 209 
      Reply #458: Jan 04, 2022 11:06:04 am
      We don’t have that line - the press dribble it , the club as always say nothing when it comes to transfers

All this “next summer” stuff is part of the click bait that the Twitterati leap upon and then when the club don’t sign someone they use it as a tool to beat the club

We lost over £50mil in commercial revenue and £20mins because of the closed door games - because of the pandemic

That’s due to this year

So when you add all that together and potentially offset some losses and add player sales then I can see the club looking at two first team players and maybe someone like Bellingham

Well that may well be the case but it tends to come from journalists that are associated with the club

But choose to ignore it if it doesn’t suit

Look, I hope you’re right, but going on the evidence of the last decade it seems highly unlikely
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #459: Jan 04, 2022 11:16:08 am
      Well that may well be the case but it tends to come from journalists that are associated with the club

But choose to ignore it if it doesn’t suit

Look, I hope you’re right, but going on the evidence of the last decade it seems highly unlikely

The last decade we have been building the commercial income - we didn’t have the likes of the deal with Nike , the level of match day revenue and then Covid as well

It pays to just look past headlines or what ever a journalist says

The club have learned many times not to give journos sh*t - take the Jota/Werner as an example - every “associated” Journo had us balls deep for Werner , not a sniff on Jota , same when we got the likes of Fabinho , or when VVD arrived in the Jan window

Look past media bollocks

In the last decade we had one quiet summer - we have made significant purchases in all the others

Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 466 posts | 209 
      Reply #460: Jan 04, 2022 11:21:50 am
      The last decade we have been building the commercial income - we didn’t have the likes of the deal with Nike , the level of match day revenue and then Covid as well

It pays to just look past headlines or what ever a journalist says

The club have learned many times not to give journos sh*t - take the Jota/Werner as an example - every “associated” Journo had us balls deep for Werner , not a sniff on Jota , same when we got the likes of Fabinho , or when VVD arrived in the Jan window

Look past media bollocks

In the last decade we had one quiet summer - we have made significant purchases in all the others

Well we will see but like I say I don’t hold out much hope so if you’re right it will be a pleasant surprise
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,909 posts | 2235 
      Reply #461: Jan 04, 2022 12:24:21 pm
      It’s not how I’d like it done but I’m afraid with this model it’s the way you have to be or they all age and you have no value to reinvest

Have to leave fkr work now, but it seems we tend to let veterans leave on a free rather than sell them. I'll do a deeper dive on our transfers out later.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,556 posts | 3461 
      Reply #462: Jan 04, 2022 01:05:36 pm

That’s due to this year

Could it be their very quiet because f**k all ever happens, just a thought??
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts | 140 
      Reply #463: Jan 04, 2022 01:13:07 pm
      I've got Pyjamas blocked but I can see when posters quote him.

F**k me I have never seen someone defend a business, the way he does FSG, that they're not a part of like he does.

He's in EVERY thread they're mentioned defending them day and night.

He has an answer for everything and is relentless. He talks like he knows what the future plans are. Sh*t like "we never had the Nike deal before. Now we have that it'll allow us to....." or "the opening years were about us balancing books to allow us to expand commercially which created extra revenue....."

Who tf are youuuu?

Sorry mods but this guy is a plant idgaf I said it. Ban me if you want.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #464: Jan 04, 2022 01:17:20 pm

Could it be their very quiet because f**k all ever happens, just a thought??

Plenty happens or did all those players arrive by magic 🪄 🤔
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,556 posts | 3461 
      Reply #465: Jan 04, 2022 01:38:33 pm
      Plenty happens or did all those players arrive by magic 🪄 🤔

What, you mean Konate, our only signing this season, is that what you mean by ‘plenty’ happens ?
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 466 posts | 209 
      Reply #466: Jan 04, 2022 01:39:48 pm
      Have to leave fkr work now, but it seems we tend to let veterans leave on a free rather than sell them. I'll do a deeper dive on our transfers out later.

That’s a different point to selling to regenerating the squad though mate no?

If we don’t sell a Salah, Mane or whoever at peak price we won’t be given funds to replace them when the time comes
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #467: Jan 04, 2022 01:44:55 pm

So bring in two players and let 5 go? So the squad gets even smaller? I know Jürgen likes working with a smaller squad but when we have injuries or these covid quarantines or busy times of year, it always seems to be an issue.

Why can't we bring in players without worrying about selling a bunch. Wouldn't that be a luxury?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,802 posts | 1247 
      • YNWA
      Reply #468: Jan 04, 2022 01:46:02 pm
      Would have cashed in on Keita and AOC two years ago - not sure how much we'll get for them now.

Origi I'd keep, has an eye for goal and gives us something a bit different, even if sporadic.

Gomez, doesn't seem to have progressed and has injury issues - if got good fee, would consider moving on. 50/50 on Joe.
      Would keep Phillips if Joe left. If Joe stays, maybe Nat might want to leave to play more regularly, would get decent money and would be hard to deny him the opportunity, seems 15mill is the going rate.

Taki, would have considered moving him on before now, but with the lads going to AFCON, maybe will get a bit if a run and might get to show a bit more than he has to date.

Firmino, would have considered moving him on in the summer. Last season we had the CB nitemare, but we also had a period in the new year where we couldn't hit a barn door up front, and talk of front three coming to an end. Jota is now imho ahead of Bob. Am huge fan of Firmino, and an in form and firing Bob starts ahead of Jota every time, but not sure if Bob will get back to that level. He might, hope he does.

Not sure Milner has another season in him, he might decide he wants to keep playing and drop to a lower level for next year. If he'd stayed I wouldn't argue, the lad is a top pro, but he'd be further down the pecking order.

If we could get Traore for 20mill, think Jürgen could work with him.
      Tielemans might also be someone Jürgen could develop.
      Gilmour and Gallagher look promising, but why would Chelsea let them go.
      What's happened Deli Ali, from looking like a player, dropped off the radar - could Jürgen work some magic..
      Coutinho on loan, would consider it in Jan.
      Eden Hazard, nah, too injury prone.
      Bowen/McGinn, not sure, hard workers though.
      Wirtz, havent seen much of him but sounds promising.
      Ruben Neves, not for me.
      Renato Sanches, used to like him but not so sure now.

Rice, Bellingham, Haaland, Mbappe etc - different bracket - v good players but talking BIG money.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #469: Jan 04, 2022 01:47:08 pm

What, you mean Konate, our only signing this season, is that what you mean by ‘plenty’ happens ?

Konate this season
      Jota , Thiago , Kostas previous seasons

There has been one summer where the club have been quiet as such in the market - the year we only got Elliot , Van Der Berg and Adrian
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,802 posts | 1247 
      • YNWA
      Reply #470: Jan 04, 2022 02:07:59 pm

Also doesn't even take into the account the many players who LEFT the club in the summer.   God help us if FSG have a quiet summer, if that is plenty.
      Borg
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts | 67 
      Reply #471: Jan 04, 2022 03:08:12 pm
      it seems we tend to let veterans leave on a free rather than sell them.
      The armchair transfer experts pontificate as if clubs possess 100% discretion over their players when it comes to the transfer market, completely ignoring how contract terms give players leverage and say over their future.

LFC: "Gini, we'd like to sell you with a year left on your LFC contract in order to recoup some fees"
      Gini: "NO, I'm happy letting you pay my current LFC salary now and my new club next year will give me a massive bump in pay because they didn't have to shell out 25mill this year. Win win for them and for me. Not so much for you though.....sorry"

Real Madrid: "Gareth, we are going to let you transfer out"
      Bale: "No, I'm going to let you continue paying my albatross salary. I'll let you know when I'm ready to go. Now if you don't mind, I have a tee time at 10AM"

PSG: "Mbappe, lets extend you with a year to go in your contract"
      Mbappe: "No, lets let my contract expire and see what kind of silly money the other Nation State and Oligarch owned teams will offer me. In the meantime, why don't you go check on Namar in the physio room or the aging Argentinian who can't find the back of the net"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #472: Jan 04, 2022 03:47:13 pm
      I've got Pyjamas blocked but I can see when posters quote him.

F**k me I have never seen someone defend a business, the way he does FSG, that they're not a part of like he does.

He's in EVERY thread they're mentioned defending them day and night.

He has an answer for everything and is relentless. He talks like he knows what the future plans are. Sh*t like "we never had the Nike deal before. Now we have that it'll allow us to....." or "the opening years were about us balancing books to allow us to expand commercially which created extra revenue....."

Who tf are youuuu?

Sorry mods but this guy is a plant idgaf I said it. Ban me if you want.

A plant 😂😂😂

Watching too many movies you
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 29,189 posts | 3577 
      Reply #473: Jan 04, 2022 06:41:38 pm
      So bring in two players and let 5 go? So the squad gets even smaller? I know Jürgen likes working with a smaller squad but when we have injuries or these covid quarantines or busy times of year, it always seems to be an issue.

Why can't we bring in players without worrying about selling a bunch. Wouldn't that be a luxury?

The squad is as big as it's allowed to be as far as I recall??

Was just throwing a few examples of what could happen.

For me I'd not miss Origi, Phillips, Minamino and Chamberlain if we bought Bellingham and Bowen and had another young player coming through
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,607 posts | 1298 
      Reply #474: Jan 04, 2022 06:57:07 pm
      The armchair transfer experts pontificate as if clubs possess 100% discretion over their players when it comes to the transfer market, completely ignoring how contract terms give players leverage and say over their future.

LFC: "Gini, we'd like to sell you with a year left on your LFC contract in order to recoup some fees"
      Gini: "NO, I'm happy letting you pay my current LFC salary now and my new club next year will give me a massive bump in pay because they didn't have to shell out 25mill this year. Win win for them and for me. Not so much for you though.....sorry"

Real Madrid: "Gareth, we are going to let you transfer out"
      Bale: "No, I'm going to let you continue paying my albatross salary. I'll let you know when I'm ready to go. Now if you don't mind, I have a tee time at 10AM"

PSG: "Mbappe, lets extend you with a year to go in your contract"
      Mbappe: "No, lets let my contract expire and see what kind of silly money the other Nation State and Oligarch owned teams will offer me. In the meantime, why don't you go check on Namar in the physio room or the aging Argentinian who can't find the back of the net"

Given your posting history there is a massive hypocrisy in you calling anyone an armchair fan.

Don’t think you even like football or know how it’s played, pure WUM.

Quick Reply