Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 46205 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #506: Jan 26, 2022 09:43:00 am
      Will the others actually rest for two weeks or does training continue?

Im sure ive read that some are getting a wee holiday this week. then back next week for training.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,689 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #507: Jan 28, 2022 04:40:12 am
      Firmino is not with Brazil because he posted photos on holiday. Fabinho is not in the Brazilian squad for last game.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #508: Jan 28, 2022 09:30:42 am
      Firmino is not with Brazil because he posted photos on holiday. Fabinho is not in the Brazilian squad for last game.

Also Brazil is already qualified for WC so they decided to rest them probably.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #509: Jan 28, 2022 09:41:29 am
      Also Brazil is already qualified for WC so they decided to rest them probably.

Fab was banned for last night will play the next one.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #510: Jan 28, 2022 01:39:16 pm

Can see bobbi retiring from brazil after this WC. If hes even picked again.

all the better for us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #511: Jan 28, 2022 05:33:52 pm
      With Diaz pretty much done and Carvalho seemingly on his way if not now in the summer the refresh of the squad continues.

If Firmino or Mane do leave in the summer we likely will see another forward come in along with a CM so for me progressing along nicely.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #512: Jan 28, 2022 05:42:36 pm
      With Diaz pretty much done and Carvalho seemingly on his way if not now in the summer the refresh of the squad continues.

If Firmino or Mane do leave in the summer we likely will see another forward come in along with a CM so for me progressing along nicely.

Mane is basically a lock to leave in the summer given Diaz is a LW and he didn't come here to take Origi's spot in the Carabao cup. So now front 3 of the future are starting to take shape with Diaz-Jota-Salah the starting 3, Bobby 4th and now just need to decide who the 5th and 6th options will be.

I would expect one of Taki and Origi leave regardless in which case we might give that spot to Gordon as he looks a talent.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #513: Jan 28, 2022 05:48:10 pm
      Yep for me the ones to leave in the summer will be Milner and Mane

Carvallho looks like he will arrive at some point so maybe Ox could be also on his way

Front six will be

Diaz
      Mo
      Jota
      Bobby
      Origi
      Gordon

Midfield

Thiago
      Henderson
      Fabinho
      Elliot
      Jones
      Carvallho
      Keita

Think that leaves the door open for one more to come in
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #514: Jan 28, 2022 05:52:51 pm

Carvallho looks like he will arrive at some point so maybe Ox could be also on his way

Front six will be

Diaz
      Mo
      Jota
      Bobby
      Origi
      Gordon

Midfield

Thiago
      Henderson
      Fabinho
      Elliot
      Jones
      Carvallho
      Keita

I think Keita goes as well, especially if the target for midfield is a more seasoned, proven type of player.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #515: Jan 28, 2022 05:55:28 pm

Front six will be

Diaz
      Mo
      Jota
      Bobby
      Origi
      Gordon

Midfield

Thiago
      Henderson
      Fabinho
      Elliot
      Jones
      Carvallho
      Keita

That's 7 midfielders so would likely need 1 more. Maybe Morton becomes more of a regular backup to Fabinho.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #516: Jan 28, 2022 05:59:05 pm
      I think Keita goes as well, especially if the target for midfield is a more seasoned, proven type of player.

Think at least one of Keita or Ox must leave this summer. They’ve once again proven that they can’t be relied upon. Ox has scored a couple of goals lately but his overall performances have been poor this season and Keita is once again spending a lot of the season injured. My preference would be sell Ox but if a decent enough offer came in for Keita then let him go to. Got to draw the line somewhere with their unreliability.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #517: Jan 28, 2022 06:02:18 pm
      Think at least one of Keita or Ox must leave this summer. They’ve once again proven that they can’t be relied upon. Ox has scored a couple of goals lately but his overall performances have been poor this season and Keita is once again spending a lot of the season injured. My preference would be sell Ox but if a decent enough offer came in for Keita then let him go to. Got to draw the line somewhere with their unreliability.

You definitely keep Keita of the 2 and has been a lot healthier this season than in the past. Ox needs consistent game time to get up to speed and he won't get that here.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #518: Jan 28, 2022 06:08:03 pm
      You definitely keep Keita of the 2 and has been a lot healthier this season than in the past. Ox needs consistent game time to get up to speed and he won't get that here.

Didn't I hear Klopp when asked about missing Keita saying one of the best in the world ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #519: Jan 28, 2022 06:26:34 pm
      Didn't I hear Klopp when asked about missing Keita saying one of the best in the world ?

Yes, i believe he has made comments along those lines regarding Keita. It is visible to the world how good he is when he gets a run of games and plays as the most advanced midfielder. He's only 26 so about to enter his prime years. He's a keeper.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #520: Jan 28, 2022 06:26:49 pm

Think of the two, you move Ox first, but I wouldn't bet on either of them to stay healthy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #521: Jan 28, 2022 06:27:07 pm

Yes - Klopp appears to be a huge fan of Keita
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #522: Jan 29, 2022 11:45:05 am
      According to Twitter Karius will be getting removed from the registered squad to accommodate Diaz as we're currently at our maximum of 17 foreign players. Makes sense. Already have Alisson, Kelleher & Adrian registered
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #523: Jan 29, 2022 01:10:54 pm
      According to Twitter Karius will be getting removed from the registered squad to accommodate Diaz as we're currently at our maximum of 17 foreign players. Makes sense. Already have Alisson, Kelleher & Adrian registered

Needs to be removed full stop how much wages have we paid for him to basically train and not contribute in any way
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #524: Jan 29, 2022 01:25:44 pm
      Needs to be removed full stop how much wages have we paid for him to basically train and not contribute in any way

Think his contract expires this summer and I'm sure he'll be getting released. Imagine he's decided to dig his heels & sit this year out as he knows he'll be lucky to earn a fraction of what he gets here at his next club
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #525: Jan 29, 2022 01:38:11 pm
      Think his contract expires this summer and I'm sure he'll be getting released. Imagine he's decided to dig his heels & sit this year out as he knows he'll be lucky to earn a fraction of what he gets here at his next club

Been digging his heels in for more than just this season just a complete waste of time and money that could be utlized elsewhere
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #526: Jan 29, 2022 01:59:55 pm

Has been told he can leave for free. Actually I'm surprised he was registered against any limit, although I have seen him pictured in training a few times.

I suppose nobody out a gun to our head when we agreed.a contract, but poor from him to keep soaking up wages like this.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #527: Jan 29, 2022 02:02:09 pm
      Harvey Elliott with a goal and assist in closed-door friendly vs Wrexham today!  Puts him in contention for FA Cup match next weekend.

Let's Go!!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #528: Jan 29, 2022 02:12:52 pm
      Saw this and thought it was good

Liverpool will have essentially replaced Wijnaldum, Lovren, Lallana and Shaqiri with Thiago, Konaté, Jota and Diaz. It's solid work.

Quick Reply