Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 44975 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #184: Sep 24, 2021 12:08:54 am
      ;D or being negative.

They have both been fit and Injury free since before pre-season. that's ages for them, long may it continue.

Naby already ruled out for the second time in 6 games granted first was because he avoided a near kidnapping but it doesn’t bode well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #185: Sep 24, 2021 09:29:56 am
      Naby already ruled out for the second time in 6 games granted first was because he avoided a near kidnapping but it doesn’t bode well.

;D. hes stubbed his toe, he will only miss this game.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #186: Sep 24, 2021 03:20:21 pm
      ;D. hes stubbed his toe, he will only miss this game.

Plus a few more now.

None of our current mids played more than 30 premier league games last year in fact naby and ox didn’t manage to reach that number in combined games.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #187: Sep 24, 2021 03:22:48 pm
      Plus a few more now.

None of our current mids played more than 30 premier league games last year in fact naby and ox didn’t manage to reach that number in combined games.

When you're a depth player like Keita and Ox, games played is misleading because there will be times when they're on the bench and never make it into the game.

More accurate would be to know how many games Keita and Ox were AVAILABLE to play.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #188: Sep 24, 2021 03:45:41 pm
      Midfielders going down like flies: -

Elliott  )
      Thaigo ) all unavailable
      Keita   )

Milly - recovering from illness; hopefully be available

Fab     )
      Hendo )      all
      Curtis  )   available
      Ox      )

Option running down; hopefully Keita will be available for the City game.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #189: Sep 24, 2021 04:10:08 pm
      Midfielders going down like flies: -

Elliott  )
      Thaigo ) all unavailable
      Keita   )

Milly - recovering from illness; hopefully be available

Fab     )
      Hendo )      all
      Curtis  )   available
      Ox      )

Option running down; hopefully Keita will be available for the City game.

Apart from Elliott, all are not long-term. Injuries will happen. In midfield, Firmino and Minamino can play it too (I know that Roberto is coming back from an injury himself too.

I'm not that worried.

If anything, Klopp would play 5-2-3 with wingbacks running the wings.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #190: Sep 25, 2021 12:19:25 am
      Apart from Elliott, all are not long-term. Injuries will happen. In midfield, Firmino and Minamino can play it too (I know that Roberto is coming back from an injury himself too.

I'm not that worried.

If anything, Klopp would play 5-2-3 with wingbacks running the wings.
      To my knowledge Klopp has never played with 3 CB's at Liverpool, other than in the dying minutes of games to protect a lead with an extra CB.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #191: Sep 25, 2021 12:31:10 am
      Right, so I made a point. I was very pissed when I saw Keita taken off after 45 mins. He's made of fibre glass. Forget him, he won't get us through a season.

I had a rant and you lot attacked me. Whatever, let's address my original point back in August.

Harvey is very unfortunate.

Thiago is now injured until mid Oct.

Keita is unreliable.

Ox is finished. He struggles everytime he's called upon.

Notice our quality is declining as I tick names off? So we're now left with Milner (35), Jones, Fab and Hendo.

If Jones has a sh*t game then what? If we need creativity what option do we have to bring on? We don't.

So what defense is there for fsg in this sh*t show of not replacing Gini?

If I worked it out surely the guys on £100k + a year could have worked this out quicker than me.

Mark my words, their tight fistedness in this window, to not replace Gini, will have cost Klopp the chance at this league title.

I gave a comparison where Thiago, Naby and Ox combined had only played like 50 games more than Gini and that relying on them was insanity.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #192: Sep 25, 2021 12:51:47 am
      Right, so I made a point. I was very pissed when I saw Keita taken off after 45 mins. He's made of fibre glass. Forget him, he won't get us through a season.

I had a rant and you lot attacked me. Whatever, let's address my original point back in August.

Keita is unreliable.

Notice our quality is declining as I tick names off? So we're now left with Milner (35), Jones, Fab and Hendo.

If Jones has a sh*t game then what? If we need creativity what option do we have to bring on? We don't.

If I worked it out surely the guys on £100k + a year could have worked this out quicker than me.

Mark my words, their tight fistedness in this window, to not replace Gini, will have cost Klopp the chance at this league title.

I gave a comparison where Thiago, Naby and Ox combined had only played like 50 games more than Gini and that relying on them was insanity.

Numbers wise our midfield options were fine coming into the season. It's unfortunate that we have some injuries, but we still have 5 senior midfielders fit and available (Fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Milner, Ox), which should be enough to see us through the next 3 fixtures before the international break, afterwhich we'll certainly have Thiago and Keita back again.

Also worth mentioning that Klopp played 4231 against City at the Etihad last season, with Henderson and Wijnaldum behind a very attacking front 4 of Mane, Firmino, Jota, and Salah. Needless to say, if Klopp doesn't like his options for a 433 he can always tweak the system slightly to get his best players on the pitch and get a good result just as we did with a 1-1 draw at Man City last season.

As far as replacing Gini is concerned, if you stack up our lineup from the league winning season with this years lineup, it's pretty obvious that Thiago is the replacement for Gini, just that he arrived a year early before Gini actually left.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #193: Sep 25, 2021 01:35:02 am

Keita is unreliable.

oh look, the village idiot is around again.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #194: Sep 25, 2021 01:55:20 am
      @Village Idiot, You'll never walk alone  :scarf:
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #195: Sep 25, 2021 06:01:24 am
      oh look, the village idiot is around again.

I see you took the time to take fsg's cock out your palms so you could type that
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #196: Sep 25, 2021 06:08:11 am
      Numbers wise our midfield options were fine coming into the season. It's unfortunate that we have some injuries, but we still have 5 senior midfielders fit and available (Fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Milner, Ox), which should be enough to see us through the next 3 fixtures before the international break, afterwhich we'll certainly have Thiago and Keita back again.

Also worth mentioning that Klopp played 4231 against City at the Etihad last season, with Henderson and Wijnaldum behind a very attacking front 4 of Mane, Firmino, Jota, and Salah. Needless to say, if Klopp doesn't like his options for a 433 he can always tweak the system slightly to get his best players on the pitch and get a good result just as we did with a 1-1 draw at Man City last season.

As far as replacing Gini is concerned, if you stack up our lineup from the league winning season with this years lineup, it's pretty obvious that Thiago is the replacement for Gini, just that he arrived a year early before Gini actually left.

Thiago being Gini's replacement is a failure then. How do we replace a guy, who was fit week in week out, for a guy that breaks down quite consistantly.

Of course Thiago's quality isn't in question, it's his fitness.

I get what your saying about Klopp having to tweak but my question is if someone's having a sh*t game who replaces him? The drop off in quality is massive, like upfront.

If they replaced Gini we would have been in a stronger position. Our midfield three is now Fab, Jones and Hendo with Milner and Ox from the bench. Basically we're relying on Jones for creativity. If he's having a sh*t show we can call on the Ox who comes on and does f**k all.

Do you replace a solid reliable car with a more shiny car but is guaranteed to break down (Thiago)? This is Lovren all over again.

We don't play 4231 so we're being forced to play it because they didn't replace Gini.
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2021 06:16:01 am by Salah10 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #197: Sep 25, 2021 12:26:39 pm
      Thiago being Gini's replacement is a failure then. How do we replace a guy, who was fit week in week out, for a guy that breaks down quite consistantly.

I get what your saying about Klopp having to tweak but my question is if someone's having a sh*t game who replaces him? The drop off in quality is massive, like upfront.

If they replaced Gini we would have been in a stronger position. Our midfield three is now Fab, Jones and Hendo with Milner and Ox from the bench. Basically we're relying on Jones for creativity. If he's having a sh*t show we can call on the Ox who comes on and does f**k all.

Do you replace a solid reliable car with a more shiny car but is guaranteed to break down (Thiago)? This is Lovren all over again.

We don't play 4231 so we're being forced to play it because they didn't replace Gini.
      We currently have 5 mids for 3 spaces - just because you have dismissed Ox doesn’t mean it’s a fact and he is still there as an option

Do you actually enjoy the game ? Unbeaten start to the season so far - yet you’re still throwing your toys out about transfers in the summer.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #198: Sep 25, 2021 01:28:07 pm

Thiago is a world class CM. Had we signed a lesser CM to replace Gini the argument would be that we downgraded rather than adequately replacing him, can't win either way.

Despite injuries we still have 5 players for 3 positions, along with 2 others (Firmino, Minamino) who can do a job if needed. That's fine in terms of numbers.

Nobody would bat an eye if Jones, Milner, or Ox started for us - in fact Milner and Ox started together on the opening day, so I don't see why it's such a big issue having to rely on them for a couple of games. Jones' creativity is fine, not sure why you're concerned about him.

These are senior footballers with tonnes of experience, especially Milner, who can do a solid job for us. Admittedly we'd want to have Thiago or Keita for the City game, but we should still have enough talent on the pitch to win that game regardless.

I agree that Ox has looked poor so far this season, but he's 5th choice right now even with other injuries, so it's hardly some catastrophic scenario we are in. Fabinho, Henderson, and Jones/Milner/Ox is certainly good enough to be able to beat any team we face.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #199: Sep 25, 2021 02:30:43 pm
      To my knowledge Klopp has never played with 3 CB's at Liverpool, other than in the dying minutes of games to protect a lead with an extra CB.

No but he can play it.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #200: Sep 25, 2021 03:02:20 pm
      Klopp won't change the system when we still have 5 senior midfielders available.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #201: Sep 25, 2021 03:04:05 pm
      United and Chelsea both losing gives us a massive opportunity to build a 3 point cushion going into the City game. The boys will be pumped for the game today, but it's going to be a tricky test. Brentford will have their moments but I reckon we'll grind it out by a goal.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #202: Sep 25, 2021 04:19:24 pm
      Klopp won't change the system when we still have 5 senior midfielders available.

He won't I agree, but if some things change. He will have to.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #203: Sep 25, 2021 07:17:09 pm
      Brentford goal disallowed offside we are rubbish
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #204: Sep 25, 2021 08:23:03 pm
      Not had chance to look at who’s been LB yet but in the 6 games Matip has played we have conceded 6 goals. All the other pairings outside of Matip has conceded 0.

Probably nothing in it but it’s not filling me with confidence when he plays at the moment, especially when he was largely at fault for the 2 Milan goals.

Like I said, not looked at the other positions, was just something I happened to notice.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #205: Sep 25, 2021 09:37:09 pm
      Not had chance to look at who’s been LB yet but in the 6 games Matip has played we have conceded 6 goals. All the other pairings outside of Matip has conceded 0.

Probably nothing in it but it’s not filling me with confidence when he plays at the moment, especially when he was largely at fault for the 2 Milan goals.

Like I said, not looked at the other positions, was just something I happened to notice.

Hadn't Matip also played in a string of games with a clean sheet as well though?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #206: Sep 25, 2021 11:11:53 pm
      Hadn't Matip also played in a string of games with a clean sheet as well though?

Like I said, it was just something I noticed.

Quick Reply