Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 44979 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #368: Nov 18, 2021 01:26:03 pm
      You can pretty much pick your back 5,....

.... Alisson, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Kostas,

75% midfield....Fabinho, Thiago,  ? .....

...100% Attack,.....Salah, Jota, Mane...

As for subs....any fuckers guess, but something like this.....

...Kelleher,  Neco, Konate, AOC,  Morton, Gordon, Bradley, Rush....

Talking about bare fookin bones !!

And we'll still batter the Gooners 😂

YNWA

Konate to start and Neco into mid
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #369: Nov 18, 2021 01:28:03 pm
      You can pretty much pick your back 5,....

.... Alisson, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Kostas,

75% midfield....Fabinho, Thiago,  ? .....

...100% Attack,.....Salah, Jota, Mane...

As for subs....any fuckers guess, but something like this.....

...Kelleher,  Neco, Konate, AOC,  Morton, Gordon, Bradley, Rush....

Talking about bare fookin bones !!

And we'll still batter the Gooners 😂

YNWA

the ox will start. Got to use him while he is fittest hes been for years.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #370: Nov 18, 2021 01:43:50 pm
      Reckon Milner or Hendo will be fine
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #371: Nov 18, 2021 01:55:41 pm
      Reckon Milner or Hendo will be fine

yea. just have a feeling they will start on bench, ease them back.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #372: Nov 18, 2021 03:37:50 pm
      yea. just have a feeling they will start on bench, ease them back.

If Naby or Jones fit that would of been ideal but with injuries we have think one will play and then rotate against Porto
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #373: Nov 18, 2021 04:04:02 pm
      If Naby or Jones fit that would of been ideal but with injuries we have think one will play and then rotate against Porto

Possibly, but with Ox, thiago & fab all free from niggles etc. Id bet money on that 3 starting, and maybe subbed on 60-70 mins for milner & hendo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #374: Nov 18, 2021 04:12:23 pm
      Possibly, but with Ox, thiago & fab all free from niggles etc. Id bet money on that 3 starting, and maybe subbed on 60-70 mins for milner & hendo.

Milner has been ruled out of the weekend game.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #375: Nov 18, 2021 04:16:57 pm

As luck would have it, I donā€™t see Naby fit til the new year, just in time to depart for afcon.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #376: Nov 18, 2021 04:22:07 pm
      As luck would have it, I donā€™t see Naby fit til the new year, just in time to depart for afcon.

Thatā€™s too optimistic. I donā€™t see Naby fit till the end of the season, just in time to depart for post season break. ;D
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #377: Nov 18, 2021 04:25:50 pm
      Thatā€™s too optimistic. I donā€™t see Naby fit till the end of the season, just in time to depart for post season break. ;D

Haha. Actually after I typed that i saw an article from Kloppā€™s presser and he said ā€œNaby and James are getting closer. Probably next week we expect them back in team training, letā€™s see what that means for the Porto gameā€. So thereā€™s hope that Naby comes back earlier than expected which would probably be a first.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #378: Nov 18, 2021 05:43:46 pm

Nah he will be ready next weekend.  So no Milner at Weekend either so Robbo orKostas and Hendo or Ox by the look of it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #379: Nov 18, 2021 06:53:24 pm
      Nah he will be ready next weekend.  So no Milner at Weekend either so Robbo orKostas and Hendo or Ox by the look of it

Hendo and Robbo looking likely to not be available.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #380: Nov 18, 2021 07:20:58 pm

F***ing Southgate.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #381: Nov 18, 2021 07:37:36 pm
      Not ruled out yet think Hendo will make it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #382: Nov 19, 2021 08:52:30 am

Seems most likely mate for sure, but I held back hoping Hendo would make it, tbf though Ox has been decent of late so if does get the nod Iā€™d be ok with him starting.

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #383: Nov 19, 2021 10:11:40 am

Seems most likely mate for sure, but I held back hoping Hendo would make it, tbf though Ox has been decent of late so if does get the nod Iā€™d be ok with him starting.

Y  N  W  A

Aye. Hendo might make it, but klopp aint one for risking players, so bench is most likely, especially with so many games coming up.

Fab, Thiago & OX is not too bad at all, especially as you say OX has been getting better and better past wee while.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #384: Nov 19, 2021 12:44:00 pm
      Klopp on injuries: "So, Hendo and Robbo not trained with team yet, recovery/rehab stuff. Pretty close, a late decision.

"Sadio is good. Fab came back late and did a recovery session. I hope he can train today, that's the plan."

So probably robbo & hendo on bench at best Id say from that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #385: Nov 19, 2021 12:46:43 pm
      Klopp on midfield: "It's not easy [having to change] but if it was you would not need to pay so much money to sort it. Would I like to play same 3? No, we have too many games but it'd be cool to have more options (less injuries) and training days together."

"Last year we had a strange situation with the centre-backs and it looks like this is the one now for the midfield. We need to find a solution for Arsenal and that is what we do."

No Naby Keita, Curtis Jones or James Milner for Saturday, as expected.

"Curtis we take it day by day. Harvey is doing really well but there is some time between now and when he can start again. Joe Gomez is doing well, Bobby doing well, needs time."

Just been a bit unlucky with the MF injuries, luckily apart from wee Harvey none are long long term.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #386: Nov 19, 2021 02:15:12 pm
      Just been a bit unlucky with the MF injuries, luckily apart from wee Harvey none are long long term.

Unlucky is an understatement. You just can't plan for a player (Harvey) getting hacked down and out long term or Curtis suffering a freak eye injury that will keep him out for weeks. Even JĆ¼rgen said something along the lines of "as a manager i thought i had seen everything regarding injuries but Curtis' eye needs time to heal".
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #387: Nov 19, 2021 02:19:49 pm

It's not unlucky.

Look at this history of Fab, Thiago, Naby, Ox (currently fit), Hendo and Milner (expected and his is literally down to age. Earlier in his career and with us he has been very good with injuries). So it's not "unlucky" that these lot are injured as it was to be expected.

If we sign Haaland and he scores goals are we lucky he's scoring? No, it's expected.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #388: Nov 19, 2021 02:39:11 pm
      Unlucky is an understatement. You just can't plan for a player (Harvey) getting hacked down and out long term or Curtis suffering a freak eye injury that will keep him out for weeks. Even JĆ¼rgen said something along the lines of "as a manager i thought i had seen everything regarding injuries but Curtis' eye needs time to heal".

Yea I heard klopp saying that. Very unusual injury in football anyway.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #389: Nov 19, 2021 02:40:19 pm

It's fortunately or unfortunately. We do have enough midfielders on our books. Those who distrust our squad players would go - but we should have bought someone to cover Gini anyway. It's easy to say. But then who should we have bought? It's easy to just name anybody we like. But try getting the deal done and coughing out money. We do have backups like Taki and Ox. So JĆ¼rgen will use them somehow.

Turnaround fans would say... If FSG has anticipated this, we would have had a cover for Gini. It's their fault now that JĆ¼rgen has to use Taki and Ox. What's wrong with using Taki and Ox? We don't trust them. We should have gotten a big name in anyhow.

And if we drop points... See? I told you so. It's Gini we didn't cover. That world class player who went to PSG and often disappears in our games.

Fortunately or unfortunately...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #390: Nov 19, 2021 02:41:34 pm
      It's not unlucky.

Look at this history of Fab, Thiago, Naby, Ox (currently fit), Hendo and Milner (expected and his is literally down to age. Earlier in his career and with us he has been very good with injuries). So it's not "unlucky" that these lot are injured as it was to be expected.

If we sign Haaland and he scores goals are we lucky he's scoring? No, it's expected.

Erm. Harveys injury was unlucky, Jones Injury very unlucky.

all the rest are normal muscle injuries that happen throughout the season for most players. Its unlucky that some of them have happened at the same time.

We have 7 or 8 midfielders for 3 positions, that should be plenty cover, and in actual fact it has been, we have always had at least 3 to choose from thsi season, jus not the same 3 in very game so far.

Quick Reply