Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 44935 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #391: Nov 19, 2021 02:45:03 pm
      It's not unlucky.

Look at this history of Fab, Thiago, Naby, Ox (currently fit), Hendo and Milner (expected and his is literally down to age. Earlier in his career and with us he has been very good with injuries). So it's not "unlucky" that these lot are injured as it was to be expected.

If we sign Haaland and he scores goals are we lucky he's scoring? No, it's expected.

I expected you to say this. It's expected. Mo for 30 goals this season. He's paid to do it. It's expected. Three points per match for Jürgen in the remaining season. He's paid to bring them in. It's expected. You forever dissatisfied. It's expected.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #392: Nov 19, 2021 03:00:22 pm
      It's not unlucky.

Look at this history of Fab, Thiago, Naby, Ox (currently fit), Hendo and Milner (expected and his is literally down to age. Earlier in his career and with us he has been very good with injuries). So it's not "unlucky" that these lot are injured as it was to be expected.

If we sign Haaland and he scores goals are we lucky he's scoring? No, it's expected.

With the amount of games players have these days, between league, cups and internationals, there will always be injuries and everyone knows that going in regardless of the team. It is impossible for everyone to be healthy for every game. Just doesn't happen.

What IS unlucky, is when players suffer long term injuries from horrific tackles, like Harvey this year, Thiago and Van Dijk last year that keep players out for a long time. It IS unlucky that last year Gomez gets hurt during TRAINING at internationals that takes him out for the season. It IS unlucky that Curtis suffers an eye injury in training that apparently will keep him out for a while. You cannot plan for those.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2021 03:06:58 pm by CT_LFC »
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #393: Nov 19, 2021 03:09:12 pm

What IS unlucky, is when players suffer long term injuries from horrific tackles, like Harvey this year, Thiago and Van Dijk last year that keep players out for a long time. It IS unlucky that last year Gomez gets hurt last year that takes him out for the season during TRAINING at internationals. It IS unlucky that Curtis suffers an eye injury in training that apparently will keep him out for a while. You cannot plan for those.

It's just a football game. No one should be losing their lives (we know best) or suffer from serious long term injuries. One death or a very horrific injury is just one too many. There's no expected or unexpected.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #394: Nov 19, 2021 06:56:47 pm
      Okay, but the real question, where is the Arsenal pre match thread and who is going to make it?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #395: Nov 19, 2021 07:48:07 pm
      Okay, but the real question, where is the Arsenal pre match thread and who is going to make it?

I was just thinking exactly that, what's happening ppl,  on the eve of a match and pre-match bollocks we all like to spurt, "is there anybody.....Out there"?

Hello,  I would do it but unfortunately I don't have enough brain cells, when I shake my head it's like two ball bearings in a biscuit tin, think someone will eventually though,  just wish they'd hurry the F**k up 😂😂😂😂😂😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #396: Nov 19, 2021 08:18:09 pm
      Slightly off topic so many Appologgies....not sure where else to put it...

UPDATE; 
      As most of you lovely ppl will be aware, I've been having Chemo & Radiation treatment last Six weeks,  well today I had my last blast of radiation and had the pleasure of ringing the, 'thank F**k that's over' Bell,
      The battle has been won but I've still got the war, the next 6-8 week's will be a b***ard so I've been told and im expecting a pretty rough ride, but its another box ticked,  another hurdle crossed and if im honest i am so relieved that fight is over,

Now it's all about how my body and mind deals with the accumulation of the treatment and what  the next 2/3 weeks in particular has in store for me.

Not going to bore the sh*te out of you regarding details so I'll leave right here and thank you all so much for your support,  cheers N Beers comrades, YNWA.
      +11
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #397: Nov 19, 2021 08:19:27 pm

UPDATE; 
      As most of you lovely ppl will be aware, I've been having Chemo & Radiation treatment last Six weeks,  well today I had my last blast of radiation and had the pleasure of ringing the, 'thank f**k that's over' Bell,
      The battle has been won but I've still got the war, the next 6-8 week's will be a b***ard so I've been told and im expecting a pretty rough ride, but its another box ticked,  another hurdle crossed and if im honest i am so relieved that fight is over,

Now it's all about how my body and mind deals with the accumulation of the treatment and what  the next 2/3 weeks in particular has in store for me.

Not going to bore the sh*te out of you regarding details so I'll leave right here and thank you all so much for your support,  cheers N Beers comrades, YNWA.

Brilliant news 👏👏👏👏👏
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #398: Nov 19, 2021 08:31:07 pm

UPDATE; 
      As most of you lovely ppl will be aware, I've been having Chemo & Radiation treatment last Six weeks,  well today I had my last blast of radiation and had the pleasure of ringing the, 'thank f**k that's over' Bell,

I know we don't get on but that's really good news. Very happy for you.

Congratulations to you and your family. I hope the next few weeks are easy on you and wish you a full and healthy recovery.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #399: Nov 19, 2021 10:13:40 pm

UPDATE; 
      As most of you lovely ppl will be aware, I've been having Chemo & Radiation treatment last Six weeks,  well today I had my last blast of radiation and had the pleasure of ringing the, 'thank F**k that's over' Bell,

Nice one Billy, glad to hear you've got through the chemo, all the best for the next few weeks, hope it ain't too rough.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #400: Nov 19, 2021 11:19:57 pm

UPDATE; 

Hope all goes well for you in the coming weeks, take care, YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #401: Nov 20, 2021 12:43:26 am

UPDATE; 

Lovely stuff, Billy lad
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #402: Nov 20, 2021 01:59:59 am

UPDATE; 

All the best Billy.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #403: Nov 20, 2021 05:45:16 am

UPDATE; 

I wish you all the best and thank you for sharing your feelings in what must be an extremely tough time for you. Keep strong. YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #404: Nov 20, 2021 07:11:18 am

UPDATE; 

Good luck Billy plenty of rest and tlc needed hope the reds keep you going .
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #405: Nov 20, 2021 08:47:29 am

UPDATE; 

All the best Billy on your road to recovery, stay strong and think positive.
      A win against the Gooners today would be a good tonic in your recovery.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #406: Nov 20, 2021 12:05:52 pm

UPDATE; 

Best wishes Billy. Hoping for a Reds win today to cheer your heart. Stay steady.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #407: Nov 20, 2021 01:37:10 pm

UPDATE; 

💪🏼
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #408: Nov 21, 2021 11:12:28 am

UPDATE; 

Brillaint news mate. Chin up and stay positive, you will get through the next wee while. ;-)  :gt-happyup:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #409: Nov 21, 2021 09:49:53 pm

UPDATE; 

Thinking of you Billy mate, you've done wonderfully well so far on your journey, keep smiling hun.  :hug:
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #410: Nov 22, 2021 03:38:44 pm

UPDATE; 

If you're as positive about your recovery as you always are about the reds you'll be back to normal very soon. All the best mate.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #411: Dec 02, 2021 06:03:25 pm
      Great to see Naby back and Gomez just in time for some minutes against Milan and ready for Villa hopefully
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #412: Dec 12, 2021 04:03:00 am
      We're in for sh*t street when Afcon kicks in, you lot can put it however you want if it helps you get to bed.

Salah, Mane and Keita is too big of a loss to our starting 11. Fair enough Keita isn't a starter, and spends most of his time on the doctors bed, but Salah and Mane is HUGE!

Imo this is where we lose pace. I hope we don't but there's no easy games in this league and our midfielders don't score so the onus will be on Jota, Bobby, Origi, Taki and Ox.

Jota is a given. Bobby isn't a goal scorer. Origi is very hit and miss, didn't start yesterday and Klopp decided to play an out of position Ox. Taki is a bit part player for our team and Ox is definitely not a forward.

I'm dreading it but YNWA so we back whatever team Klopp puts out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #413: Dec 12, 2021 11:37:22 am
      We're in for sh*t street when Afcon kicks in, you lot can put it however you want if it helps you get to bed.

Salah, Mane and Keita is too big of a loss to our starting 11. Fair enough Keita isn't a starter, and spends most of his time on the doctors bed, but Salah and Mane is HUGE!

Imo this is where we lose pace. I hope we don't but there's no easy games in this league and our midfielders don't score so the onus will be on Jota, Bobby, Origi, Taki and Ox.

Jota is a given. Bobby isn't a goal scorer. Origi is very hit and miss, didn't start yesterday and Klopp decided to play an out of position Ox. Taki is a bit part player for our team and Ox is definitely not a forward.

I'm dreading it but YNWA so we back whatever team Klopp puts out.

Why are you always so negative, it’s almost every time you post , you can’t have very much faith in the players we have, yes it’s a blow to lose two of your main protagonists for two or three games but cast your mind back to a certain night in the CL where, we were without two of our most prolific players in Mo & Bobby, both at their peak against arguably one of the best sides at the time, 3 down again Barcelona Messi & Suarez et al, yet we pulled it off and won ,

How can you not believe we can get through a few games without certain individuals and not think that others can step up in their stead, how can you not believe in our manager to instill the right attitude to those players filling the void, Divock Origi for example is a very good striker and certainly knows where the goal is, we just need to supply him, Minamino too can step up and be decent enough, and Jota is a top finisher as we have all seen recently,  of course we will be less of a threat what other team wouldn’t be, but you have to have faith in all your squad not just the X1 that starts the game, with a bit of luck it might only be two games or we all hope it doesn’t go ahead at all, but if it does I still believe we will come through still in the hunt for No20.

I think your in dying need of a positivity implant, maybe Santa will bring you one for crimbo !!

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply