Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 44931 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #414: Dec 12, 2021 12:40:44 pm
      I'm actually looking forward to watching how we cope without Salah and mane. I have a feeling guys like origi and taki will step up big time. Also klopp could tweak the system to suit the other players. Going to be really interesting.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #415: Dec 12, 2021 12:50:07 pm
      I'm actually looking forward to watching how we cope without Salah and mane. I have a feeling guys like origi and taki will step up big time. Also klopp could tweak the system to suit the other players. Going to be really interesting.

Kind of where I am as well mate.

It's a couple of games, three at the most I think, so let's see how the other guys step up.

They've already proven more then useful so far this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes during AFCON.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #416: Dec 12, 2021 12:53:59 pm
      Kind of where I am as well mate.

It's a couple of games, three at the most I think, so let's see how the other guys step up.

They've already proven more then useful so far this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes during AFCON.

They are going to miss more.than 3 unless you are only considering league games
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #417: Dec 12, 2021 12:55:43 pm
      They are going to miss more.than 3 unless you are only considering league games

Aye league games I was talking about mate.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #418: Dec 12, 2021 01:08:30 pm
      Aye league games I was talking about mate.

Hopefully just two of them and prey they don't call players up as early as they can before Chelsea game
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #419: Dec 12, 2021 01:32:55 pm

Why are you always so negative, itā€™s almost every time you post , you canā€™t have very much faith in the players we have, yes itā€™s a blow to lose two of your main protagonists for two or three games but cast your mind back to a certain night in the CL where, we were without two of our most prolific players in Mo & Bobby, both at their peak against arguably one of the best sides at the time, 3 down again Barcelona Messi & Suarez et al, yet we pulled it off and won ,

How can you not believe we can get through a few games without certain individuals and not think that others can step up in their stead, how can you not believe in our manager to instill the right attitude to those players filling the void, Divock Origi for example is a very good striker and certainly knows where the goal is, we just need to supply him, Minamino too can step up and be decent enough, and Jota is a top finisher as we have all seen recently,  of course we will be less of a threat what other team wouldnā€™t be, but you have to have faith in all your squad not just the X1 that starts the game, with a bit of luck it might only be two games or we all hope it doesnā€™t go ahead at all, but if it does I still believe we will come through still in the hunt for No20.

I think your in dying need of a positivity implant, maybe Santa will bring you one for crimbo !!

Y  N  W  A

I look at our results and we're heavily reliant on Salah, Mane and Jota.

Ok I'll 🤐 and have faith.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #420: Dec 12, 2021 01:40:33 pm
      I look at our results and we're heavily reliant on Salah, Mane and Jota.

Ok I'll 🤐 and have faith.

Well they're our strike force!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #421: Dec 12, 2021 02:11:00 pm
      is there any chance of the AFCON being postponed but then again maybe the EPL is in the same boat if the doom merchants have their way
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #422: Dec 12, 2021 04:11:35 pm

Hence my F***ing worry. Always something with you lot. It's simple F***ing maths. The best player in the world and our second best winger are leaving for a competition and the replacements are not filling me with confidence.

I said I'll have faith. You're still talking sh*t. Just let it go.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #423: Dec 12, 2021 06:19:15 pm
      Hence my F***ing worry. Always something with you lot. It's simple F***ing maths. The best player in the world and our second best winger are leaving for a competition and the replacements are not filling me with confidence.

Cheeky tw*t, all you ever do is talk utter sh*te. F**k all can be done until Jan 1st anyway regarding bringing someone in. F***ing hell if you have a problem with trusting this team and manager why the F**k do you support us?

I've been a fan my whole life and seen far F***ing worse times than what we're seeing at the moment. Carry on panicking if you want, you're nothing but a crank anyway!
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #424: Dec 12, 2021 06:29:01 pm
      Cheeky tw*t, all you ever do is talk utter sh*te. F**k all can be done until Jan 1st anyway regarding bringing someone in. F***ing hell if you have a problem with trusting this team and manager why the f**k do you support us?

I've been a fan my whole life and seen far f**king worse times than what we're seeing at the moment. Carry on panicking if you want, you're nothing but a crank anyway!

Struggling to read I see.

I said I'll back any eleven that get on that pitch. I told Billy I'll zip it and have faith. You came along giving it "look at me I'm a super fan".

Anyway, enjoy your evening pal ā¤
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #425: Dec 12, 2021 06:34:10 pm
      I remember the outrage in the Derby a few seasons ago with JĆ¼rgen's team selection and then without Mo and Bobby we beat Barca 4-0 if JĆ¼rgen is happy then so be it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #426: Dec 12, 2021 06:45:30 pm
      Whatā€™s the issue now 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

They will miss 2 league games. - Palace and Brentford plus the FA Cup and League Cup games - Iā€™m sure Jota , Bobby , Taki and Origi will see us through fine
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #427: Dec 12, 2021 08:32:32 pm
      Whatā€™s the issue now 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

They will miss 2 league games. - Palace and Brentford plus the FA Cup and League Cup games - Iā€™m sure Jota , Bobby , Taki and Origi will see us through fine

I think it will be a big loss for us. Will be a big challenge to maintain good results while they are gone
      BUT.... You can't make a major purchase for the sake of 2-4 games. It's a major.flaw in the calendar for this event to be in the middle of the season. You just have to muddle through, and that's what JĆ¼rgen and the team will do.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #428: Dec 12, 2021 08:34:31 pm
      I think it will be a big loss for us. Will be a big challenge to maintain good results while they are gone
      BUT.... You can't make a major purchase for the sake of 2-4 games. It's a major.flaw in the calendar for this event to be in the middle of the season. You just have to muddle through, and that's what JĆ¼rgen and the team will do.

No doubt at all its going to be a big loss without them but Klopp and Co knew it was coming and will be prepared for it - as you say itā€™s a joke thah a major tournament happens mid season of the major football season

Chelsea will be hit big as well losing Mendy
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #429: Dec 13, 2021 04:29:09 am
      Hence my f**king worry. Always something with you lot. It's simple f**king maths. The best player in the world and our second best winger are leaving for a competition and the replacements are not filling me with confidence.

I don't think you get it fella, I don't mean us losing two players to Afcon,  I'm talking LFC and we fans in general,  Look at how you address us, saying things like 'You lot', when your trying to get your inane drivel across, trying to convince the majority that your opinion is the only one that matters, our resident Manc Keith Singleton is the only other poster who says it, but we understand that for obvious reasons, and being disrespectful to fans who are more knowledgeable than you or I, there are no superfans mate just more that will be more knowledgeable and more experienced,

I really don't get it with you, it seems that almost every subject or topic raised you always have some issues that go against the general flow, almost like your goading for a arguement,  some would call it being a Wum,

In this case the general consensus is that we will cope just fine yet you still come over all houlier than anyone else and believes we will struggle and your still calling us 'You Lot' ,and your talking sh*t, to me that is saying your apart from us and not amongst us as a genuine fan of this club,  it's why Keith gets away with it,  because he isn't part of us, however he does respect us something perhaps you need to learn going forward.  Amen !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #430: Dec 13, 2021 08:59:22 am
      Hence my f**king worry. Always something with you lot. It's simple f**king maths. The best player in the world and our second best winger are leaving for a competition and the replacements are not filling me with confidence.

mate. Ive said this many times, stop worrying about football, life is chucking enough hard things at us just now to worry about.

Football is for enjoying, look at the positives. The world wont end even if we drop a few points when salah and mane are gone for a few weeks. We still have bloody brilliant squad and the best manager in the world to find solutions.

At the very worst we may draw a league game during afcon. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #431: Dec 13, 2021 09:02:28 am

No doubt at all its going to be a big loss without them but Klopp and Co knew it was coming and will be prepared for it - as you say itā€™s a joke thah a major tournament happens mid season of the major football season

Chelsea will be hit big as well losing Mendy

thats my gripe with afcon, fact that no leagues stop to accommodate it. Though some leagues are generally stopped for a winter break in january. so suppose that makes a bit of sense, but then thats not fair on afcon players as they dont get a break.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #432: Dec 13, 2021 09:05:45 am
      I remember the outrage in the Derby a few seasons ago with JĆ¼rgen's team selection and then without Mo and Bobby we beat Barca 4-0 if JĆ¼rgen is happy then so be it

Salah is a big loss. but like I said to billy I'm looking forward to see how JĆ¼rgen and the players deal with it.

Change formation a bit, or just change players. All very interesting.

We will still be solid as fuk, so really need to keep it tight and im sure the rest of the squad are good enough to score 1 or 2 goals a game.

Bobby will be back fully fit and firing, Jota the same and origi & taki will be buzzing to get more games.

Young elliott will be back in january as well, to add something different.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #433: Dec 13, 2021 01:51:16 pm
      Quote from Salah10
      We're in for sh*t street when Afcon kicks in, you lot can put it however you want if it helps you get to bed.

Salah, Mane and Keita is too big of a loss to our starting 11. Fair enough Keita isn't a starter, and spends most of his time on the doctors bed, but Salah and Mane is HUGE!

Imo this is where we lose pace. I hope we don't but there's no easy games in this league and our midfielders don't score so the onus will be on Jota, Bobby, Origi, Taki and Ox.

Jota is a given. Bobby isn't a goal scorer. Origi is very hit and miss, didn't start yesterday and Klopp decided to play an out of position Ox. Taki is a bit part player for our team and Ox is definitely not a forward.

I'm dreading it but YNWA so we back whatever team Klopp puts out.

And that rant brings nothing new to the table.

There's nothing we can do about it now, but we're not the only club affected. We've scored 45 league goals already, so surely someone else can step up and be counted when the time comes.

You can get out of bed again when the Afcon is over.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #434: Dec 14, 2021 08:47:27 pm
      Curtis Jones back in full training today. He has missed nine games with an eye injury. Not sure if he is in contention for the squad Thursday
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2021 03:16:23 am by Robby The Z »
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #435: Dec 14, 2021 08:48:49 pm
      Curtis Jones back in full training today. He has missed none games with an eye injury. Not sure if he is in contention for the squad Thursday

Carabao cup qtr final good for some game time
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #436: Dec 24, 2021 01:08:59 pm
      Great to see Fab, Jones and VVD back in training today

Quick Reply