Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 44967 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #483: Jan 14, 2022 11:06:49 am
      You think we can go another year with Firmino and Mane going through barren runs?

One needs to move in the next year or so but Mane has 7 league goals this season. Hardly disastrous.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #484: Jan 14, 2022 11:21:44 am
      One needs to move in the next year or so but Mane has 7 league goals this season. Hardly disastrous.

It's not disastrous but his form isn't a league winners starting LW form. This is my gripe. The settling for less than winning. We're Liverpool FC. F***ing greatest team in the world. Why are so many of our supporters happy to settle for B grade performances? You say "he's got seven league goals" but you know, as well as I, that it's not just based on that. His overall game has declined massively.

What would have happened to Mane in a City or Chelsea team?

I love Mane. For the last three years I've had Mane on the back of my shirt. This isn't a biased view on him. I've realised that he's not at the level required, as a starter of a league winning team, anymore.

Again, I stated early in the season that Mane misses too many before he scores and when games start to get tight, and there's only one chance to equalise or win, and it falls to Mane he'll miss it because he needs more than one to score. Once again, you lot slated me, and look what we've witnessed. Apart from Chelsea, when he took his first chance, big chances have fallen to him and he's missed them which have caused us to either draw or lose.

I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion. If you don't agree with me it's fine.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #485: Jan 14, 2022 11:32:15 am
      It's not disastrous but his form isn't a league winners starting LW form. This is my gripe. The settling for less than winning. We're Liverpool FC. F***ing greatest team in the world. Why are so many of our supporters happy to settle for B grade performances? You say "he's got seven league goals" but you know, as well as I, that it's not just based on that. His overall game has declined massively.

What would have happened to Mane in a City or Chelsea team?

I love Mane. For the last three years I've had Mane on the back of my shirt. This isn't a biased view on him. I've realised that he's not at the level required, as a starter of a league winning team, anymore.

Again, I stated early in the season that Mane misses too many before he scores and when games start to get tight, and there's only one chance to equalise or win, and it falls to Mane he'll miss it because he needs more than one to score. Once again, you lot slated me, and look what we've witnessed. Apart from Chelsea, when he took his first chance, big chances have fallen to him and he's missed them which have caused us to either draw or lose.

I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion. If you don't agree with me it's fine.

He's the joint fourth highest scorer in the league just after Vardy and Jota.

I don't see any of the other too sides LW among the top scorer charts?

His all round form has been patchy but a little bit over exaggerated if you look at the entire season.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2022 11:45:00 am by srslfc »
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #486: Jan 14, 2022 11:39:25 am
      He's the fourth highest scorer in the league just after Jota.

I don't see any of the other too sides LW among the top scorer charts?

His all round form has been patchy but a little bit over exaggerated if you look at the entire season.

He's declined as the season's gone on. He's gone missing in lot of games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #487: Jan 14, 2022 11:44:19 am

I've actually read the wrong stats, he's actually got 8 goals so apologies for that.

Has he declined? Maybe but still far from the biggest worry we have right now.

Still among the best in the league in his position.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #488: Jan 14, 2022 12:12:14 pm
      I've actually read the wrong stats, he's actually got 8 goals so apologies for that.

Has he declined? Maybe but still far from the biggest worry we have right now.

Still among the best in the league in his position.

I personally think his form, combined with last year, points to him being done at the highest level.

The only thing I can really say to defend him is could it be the midfield lack so much in creativity that it's hindering his performances? But then how does Salah get so many then? And Jota. They're being fed by the same midfield.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #489: Jan 14, 2022 01:33:37 pm

Hes defo gone missing now, in another country playing for someone else. What a c**t.  :lmao:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #490: Jan 14, 2022 01:41:03 pm
      Bellingham or someone similar is the big one for me to add to this squad.

Chamberlain and Milner should be off this summer and likely followed by Minamino.

Add another forward there and get Salah signed up and we're still amount the best squads in Europe.

Still need to have an eye on the following year with Firmino and Mane progressing in years as well.

Agree those are changes that should happen. Depending on what happens up front maybe Minamino stays as the 6thth forward which i am fine with.

Ox needs game time and he won't get that here, so he should go. Milner is old and Jürgen stubbornly keeps starting him so he needs to go as well. I'd like to see Morton take one of the 2 spots.

Up front i envision one of the current front 3 going which would be difficult to pick which one. Mane's speed and power in LW is hard to replace, but so would Bobby's false-9 abilities. I'd lean towards Bobby being the one let go as Jota has shown he can be very proficient in the middle.

That means your regular starting 3 become Mane-Jota-Salah then we'd need to replace Bobby with the next Jota, ie. someone in his early 20s with potential to be a starter in a couple year's time to replace Mane.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #491: Jan 14, 2022 01:51:54 pm
      In fairness to Millie, lads on here called it way back, he should be nowhere in sight v top 4 teams or cup semis. Its not hid fault, the boss cant help himself

Why would Jones not start with Hendo and Fab ladt night to be the creative spark, why not give Morton even more experience by starting him last night?

So its ok early rounds to play the kids but get to the last 4 out they go and in with the old
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #492: Jan 14, 2022 01:54:25 pm
      In fairness to Millie, lads on here called it way back, he should be nowhere in sight v top 4 teams or cup semis. Its not hid fault, the boss cant help himself

Why would Jones not start with Hendo and Fab ladt night to be the creative spark, why not give Morton even more experience by starting him last night?

So its ok early rounds to play the kids but get to the last 4 out they go and in with the old

Morton is DM though, so if Fab is starting then Morton can't.

However, brings up the point about Jürgen's rigidness with his system. Maybe we could have done a 4-2-3-1 where Fab and Morton are sitting in front of the defense, for example.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #493: Jan 14, 2022 02:02:23 pm
      Morton is DM though, so if Fab is starting then Morton can't.

However, brings up the point about Jürgen's rigidness with his system. Maybe we could have done a 4-2-3-1 where Fab and Morton are sitting in front of the defense, for example.

Yeah but Morton might as well have got the experience if Milner and Fab were starting, Milners not exactly our playmaker so no harm Morton getting the nod

And yes were far too rigid. Never do we see for example a 4 man mid were Tsimikas is pushed ahead of Robbo and Neco ahead of Trent for example or vice versa
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #494: Jan 14, 2022 04:35:59 pm
      Bellingham or someone similar is the big one for me to add to this squad.

Brothers banging that drum, I honestly don't see us getting him in the summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #495: Jan 16, 2022 05:01:57 pm
      I was just thinking during the match watching Chamberlain in the Salah position.

What we really could do with signing this summer is a Salah lite, if you like, someone with very similar attributes maybe a younger player who'll be happy to play less and develop.

Instead of trying to adapt when he not there we can play a similar style. I think that's what me maybe thought we bought in Shaqiri but he quickly shoes he was stronger in the midfield role
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #496: Jan 16, 2022 05:14:54 pm
      I was just thinking during the match watching Chamberlain in the Salah position.

What we really could do with signing this summer is a Salah lite, if you like, someone with very similar attributes maybe a younger player who'll be happy to play less and develop.

Instead of trying to adapt when he not there we can play a similar style. I think that's what me maybe thought we bought in Shaqiri but he quickly shoes he was stronger in the midfield role

That’s actually another area where the Elliott injury has fu**ed us over. He had previously played RW so a game like this he could have easily slotted up there instead of Ox.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #497: Jan 16, 2022 05:40:54 pm
      That’s actually another area where the Elliott injury has fu**ed us over. He had previously played RW so a game like this he could have easily slotted up there instead of Ox.

Yea but if Elliott is really seen now as that creative player in midfield I'd like to bring in a player that matches the profile I mentioned mate.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #498: Jan 16, 2022 06:01:46 pm
      Yea but if Elliott is really seen now as that creative player in midfield I'd like to bring in a player that matches the profile I mentioned mate.

Oh i certainly agree that’s the profile of player we should be targeting, but that’s for the future. Elliott would have given us options today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #499: Jan 23, 2022 04:46:42 pm
      There's definitely obvious upgrades and gaps to be filled in the summer but we're still undefeated without Salah, Mane, Keita and also with Thiago, Origi and Elliott out injured.

Not the perfect squad, what is, but I stand by what I said at the start of the season that this is a strong group that could very well lead us to silverware.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #500: Jan 23, 2022 07:44:10 pm
      After the international break we will have a full squad available
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #501: Jan 24, 2022 08:53:32 am
      2 weeks off except the obvious: the Africans. Except them, we have Minamino and the Brazilians.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #502: Jan 24, 2022 12:14:51 pm
      2 weeks off except the obvious: the Africans. Except them, we have Minamino and the Brazilians.

Will the others actually rest for two weeks or does training continue?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #503: Jan 24, 2022 06:51:18 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #504: Jan 25, 2022 05:24:21 am
      Will the others actually rest for two weeks or does training continue?

I will check the schedule ;) I think a combination of both.

Plus Keita is back earlier.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #505: Jan 26, 2022 09:41:16 am
      Squad isn't so light after all.

Just navigated January without these lads.

Salah
      Mane
      Naby lad
      Thiago
      Origi
      Elliott

Seen somebody mention its first time in decades were still in with a chance of winning all 4 comp's in February.

Quick Reply