Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win league

Chelsea
      19 (17.6%)
      Leicester
      1 (0.9%)
      Liverpool
      68 (63%)
      Man City
      18 (16.7%)
      Man United
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Who's going to win Premier League 21/22

Read 19081 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Who's going to win Premier League 21/22
      Reply #23: Sep 02, 2021 01:26:54 pm
      Tough one to call

How for example do utd fit Cavani Ronaldo Pogba Fernandez Rashford and Greenwood into the system? Could go brilliant or could implode if 2 or 3 get the nose put out of joint

Chelsea. Assume they will play to Lukaku. He was easily controlled by us, will other teams, at least top 6 be able to do that to them. Tuchel, like all managers will have his iffy spell how will they react?

City. Been there and donebit but not the European cup, surely thatll be the big focus..Have they added enough to push on? Yes Grealish in but no replacement for Aguero

And us. We will be more driven but will thaat be enough? Our best 11 is Arguably the best 11 in the league but what if Mane does not get back to his best, what if we lost Mo for a spell?

Very close. Wont be anything in it and likely to come down to the games between each other and who drops least points to bottom half clubs.

Ill go for us, just
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2021 01:34:45 pm
      I’ve backed us but our reliance on the front 3 could go pear shaped if we get unlucky with injuries…

I’d like to see our midfielders & CB’s chip in with some goals…

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Sep 02, 2021 01:44:12 pm
      Chelsea have strengthened well.
      And I think it’s them or us. Even with a couple of injuries we have a strong squad.

City not having a quality striker is a big miss for them.

United have a weak midfield. Plus it’ll be interested to see how ronaldo fits in.

Tottenham just crumble like origami as soon as pressure builds.

Leicester will be lucky to get top 5.

And arsenal, And I’m sticking my neck out here, I don’t think they will do it.

City won the league without a striker last year Bob. They can win it again this year without one unfortunately. They can score from anywhere.

Chavs  looking like the biggest challengers to City for me.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #26: Sep 02, 2021 02:44:32 pm
      City won the league without a striker last year Bob. They can win it again this year without one unfortunately. They can score from anywhere.

Chavs  looking like the biggest challengers to City for me.

But the quality in the league last year was poor. We had 148 injuries and Chelsea hadn’t evolved.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #27: Sep 02, 2021 09:34:30 pm
       City and the Chavs favourites, with Liverpool & Man United in with a shout.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #28: Sep 02, 2021 10:40:16 pm
      So many non believers even on a Liverpool forum. The team and squad that got 99 points is now an improved team and squad.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #29: Sep 02, 2021 10:58:40 pm
      Voted Liverpool of course. Obviously there's every possibility that we won't, but I'm very confident that we'll be right in the mix. Don't buy into this sh*te about us being "left behind" because Man City have spunked ÂŁ100M on an England benchwarmer and Chelsea have spent more or less the same on a pudding who got swerved by United. The same Chelsea, might I add, who still finished below us last season whilst we had Nat Phillips at centre half and a non existent midfield.

Don't reckon United will be in the running come April. Just don't see Solskjaer as a manager who can succesfully navigate a title win at the best of times, let alone during an era where he'll have to come up against two sides who have proved on more than one occasion they're able to throw together a + 95 point season. United have some brilliant players and could beat anyone on their day, but I've got real doubts about them having the consistency needed to hit levels similar to what ourselves and City have hit these last few years.

My personal feeling is that it'll be a coin toss between ourselves and City. Not to go all Keegan here, but I'd absolutely f**king love us to win it this season. I'm probably more up for this season than I was for 19/20. I'd absolutely love us to shut all the doubters up who have been wanking themselves off over big money signings and spending all summer trying to turn football into some sort of soap opera. Nothing would bring me more joy than seeing the reds get their heads down and absolutely blitz it again as it would make a mockery of the pantomime we've all had to endure over the last couple of months.

I expect us to bounce back strongly and leave last season where it firmly belongs. This group has bounced back from setbacks numerous times (notably Kiev & missing out on the title by a point in 2019) so I don't doubt that they'll be able to put the second half of last season behind them and get back down to business.

Up the reds!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #30: Sep 02, 2021 11:03:11 pm
      Is right! To the lad above.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31: Sep 03, 2021 07:54:26 am
      So many non believers even on a Liverpool forum. The team and squad that got 99 points is now an improved team and squad.

Don't think it's a question of non believers Isaac, more a case of other teams improving their squads and you lot! lying idle.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Sep 03, 2021 10:27:00 am
      Don't think it's a question of non believers Isaac, more a case of other teams improving their squads and you lot! lying idle.

We haven’t stayed idle though mate. We’ve signed a new CB in our weakest area last season. We’ve also added Elliott to the first team. People could argue he’s a youngster and yet to prove himself, which is true but the same was said of Greenwood when he was first starting and now look at him, he’s carried the Mancs in the first 3 games this season and that’s with the 70mill addition of Sancho playing too…your best player so far is the academy graduate and one of the worst performing is Sancho (obviously it’s early days for Sancho but his first 3 games haven’t been what people expected).

For our lack of business outside of that, City only signed Grealish…lost their first game.

United signed Sancho for the start of the season and then added Varane and you got battered off the park for the majority of the Wolves game and really should’ve lost that game. Also drew with Saints after falling behind.

In comparison with the 2 Manc teams, we have made the better start and looked the better team.

Arsenal have proven that you can spend however much money you want but it’s not always about signing players. Sancho has been underwhelming so far, Grealish hasn’t really added anything to City that they didn’t already have, Lukaku in the biggest game of their season so far against us was nowhere to be seen.

It’s a long season and it’s more important keeping your players available and fit than it is going out and signing X amount of players. Do I think we should’ve added another forward? Yes. Do I think it will cost us winning the league? Ask me nearer the end of the season.

I’m not saying we are going to win the league because anything can happen. But just remember we finished 3rd last season, literally a few points behind you, beat yous lot and we were top going into the new year. All with a massively injury hit side all season so I wouldn’t be writing us off just yet when we have so many players available now that weren’t last time out, players that were part of the team that saw us win the league at an absolute canter.
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2021 10:35:18 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Sep 03, 2021 03:40:58 pm
      We haven’t stayed idle though mate. We’ve signed a new CB in our weakest area last season. We’ve also added Elliott to the first team. People could argue he’s a youngster and yet to prove himself, which is true but the same was said of Greenwood when he was first starting and now look at him, he’s carried the Mancs in the first 3 games this season and that’s with the 70mill addition of Sancho playing too…your best player so far is the academy graduate and one of the worst performing is Sancho (obviously it’s early days for Sancho but his first 3 games haven’t been what people expected).

United signed Sancho for the start of the season and then added Varane and you got battered off the park for the majority of the Wolves game and really should’ve lost that game. Also drew with Saints after falling behind.

In comparison with the 2 Manc teams, we have made the better start and looked the better team.

Arsenal have proven that you can spend however much money you want but it’s not always about signing players. Sancho has been underwhelming so far, Grealish hasn’t really added anything to City that they didn’t already have, Lukaku in the biggest game of their season so far against us was nowhere to be seen.

It’s a long season and it’s more important keeping your players available and fit than it is going out and signing X amount of players. Do I think we should’ve added another forward? Yes. Do I think it will cost us winning the league? Ask me nearer the end of the season.

I’m not saying we are going to win the league because anything can happen. But just remember we finished 3rd last season, literally a few points behind you, beat yous lot and we were top going into the new year. All with a massively injury hit side all season so I wouldn’t be writing us off just yet when we have so many players available now that weren’t last time out, players that were part of the team that saw us win the league at an absolute canter.

Many Liverpool  would disagree KK I fact very frustrated from what I've read on here.
      From what I've seen of Elliott so far is good, like you say though early days. Think most of us agree Greenwood definitely looking a good prospect but that's another story.

Think Varane will prove money well spent but like I've already stated many times I've yet to see Sancho have a good game, especially in a England shirt. Jury defo out on him. All I hear from many is that he's special but I'm still waiting to see special.

Greenwood like you say has carried us. United looked poor last two games. I've already stated don't think United can win the league. No doubt your best 11 can win the league. However, I just don't think you'll get basically a injury free season whereas you would fight for the top spot along with City & Chavs.

Still think United & Liverpool will fight for the third spot.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Sep 03, 2021 04:09:37 pm

The arse licking for Chelsea is F***ing grim.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35: Sep 03, 2021 05:37:05 pm
      Many Liverpool  would disagree KK I fact very frustrated from what I've read on here.

I think the frustration boils down to the extra attacker not coming in but at the same time, I can understand why it seems like we didn’t do anything at all because Konate was signed as soon as the season finished so the rest of the transfer window was dormant incomings but we definitely have strengthened an area that was vulnerable last season. Like I said previously, we won’t know until the season progresses whether or not we’ve made a mistake but so far, the signs are looking good, we’ve got virtually a fully fit squad and just have to take it game by game.

In all honesty, we can pick holes in anyone’s team, I don’t think anyone has an exceptional bench. City have some boss midfield options but their defensive options leave a lot to be desired. United probably have the strongest bench in terms of attacking players with Cavani and Rashford or whoever but again, the defensive options are slim pickings. I think we have the strongest bench defensively with Gomez, Konate or Matip on it, along with Kostas, but outside of Jota or Firmino on the bench, we are lacking in the attack.
      Could go through every team, I don’t think any team has a bench where I think “wow” throughout the defence, midfield and attacking options on it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #36: Sep 03, 2021 06:05:39 pm
      Let's be honest luck can play a huge part especially with injuries . Some teams are 1 or 2 injuries from not winning it such as Lukaku if he is injured for length of time some our boys were they could struggle. Suspensions etc in big games can all have a massive impact . We can win it if we have the rub of the green but the other 3 will say the same . Basically no one really knows so let's just see . I do think we are a forward light especially Afcon time
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #37: Sep 03, 2021 06:38:37 pm
      I think City and Chelsea are a little bit ahead but honestly it's very open between them two, us and United.

I'll be a lot more confident if Mane and Firmino put in some good performances after the international break. Just worry we don't have enough goals in us otherwise.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #38: Sep 03, 2021 07:07:23 pm
      Outside another crazy wave of injuries, i see no reason why this team could not win the league.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39: Sep 03, 2021 07:10:07 pm
      I think City and Chelsea are a little bit ahead but honestly it's very open between them two, us and United.

I'll be a lot more confident if Mane and Firmino put in some good performances after the international break. Just worry we don't have enough goals in us otherwise.

JĂźrgen, Pep, Tuchel, Ole.....one is not like the others.....

Barring significant injuries to any Liverpool, City or Chelsea, i don't see how United can finish above any of those 3 teams. They have the worst coach of the 4 teams, by a wide margin.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Sep 03, 2021 07:35:36 pm
      i don't see how United can finish above any of those 3 teams. They have the worst coach of the 4 teams, by a wide margin.

Can I say your talking absolute bollocks ?

Problem is I'd be lying  :roll:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Sep 05, 2021 10:12:53 am
      LFC all the way.

Will be close though, as the top teams will be taking points of each other.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42: Sep 05, 2021 12:17:12 pm
      Marathon not a sprint!! Long way to go yet.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: Sep 05, 2021 11:03:56 pm
      The arse licking for Chelsea is f**king grim.

Spot on! F**k Chelsea!!!!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #44: Sep 05, 2021 11:54:07 pm
      Question is, if Liverpool don’t win, which team (realistically) would irritate you all the least if they became champions?

United?
      City?
      Chelsea?

For me, it’s probably Chelsea. As I feel nothing for them at all. I used to detest them but they are insignificant to me now.
      City I can’t stand.
      United are natural rivals.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Sep 07, 2021 07:27:57 pm
      Question is, if Liverpool don’t win, which team (realistically) would irritate you all the least if they became champions?

United?
      City?
      Chelsea?

For me, it’s probably Chelsea. As I feel nothing for them at all. I used to detest them but they are insignificant to me now.
      City I can’t stand.
      United are natural rivals.

All three are cu*ts and I'll praying for our Alien Overlords to arrive!!

Quick Reply