Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win league

Chelsea
      19 (17.6%)
      Leicester
      1 (0.9%)
      Liverpool
      68 (63%)
      Man City
      18 (16.7%)
      Man United
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Who's going to win Premier League 21/22

Read 19080 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Who's going to win Premier League 21/22
      Aug 13, 2021 09:51:55 am
      Well the time has come. Arsenal kick off the Premier League tonite and don't even make the poll such their downfall over recent years.

My take as follows...

Last year I had it a two horse race, you lot! & City. As we all know due to your horrendous injury problems it became a one horse race. Sadly I certainly see that this year. With City's improvements (( Grealish, Kane / or striker still pending )) I just can't see them losing it over 38 games. Voting with my head it's City. Awesome squad with a world class manager.

Chavs...
      Another team to improve their squad during transfer window. With a striker the missing link in Chavs armour is Lukaku the answer? I have my doubts. I only see him as a 20 goal a season man at best in the league. Will that be enough? I have my doubts. However, with Tuchel going into his second season and knows the players that bit better they could be the most improved side going forward. They've sold/released/freed 25 players to fund the Lukaku transfer.

Leicester...
      Leicester being Leicester no doubt they will be in the top six again such the consistency of manager Brenda Rogers (( Future manager of United  :f_whistle: )) Obviously can't compete with the top clubs for bringing record signings in they will probably finish 5/6th again.

Liverpool...
      With just the one addition signing in Konate ( so far ) is that enough? afraid not. No doubting Liverpool's first 11 would be up their to challenge City but with this now squad game becoming paramount due to City's squad size I just don't see how they can sustain a challenge over 38 games with the current squad.

Man United...
      They've been active during the summer transfer with the signings of Sancho & Varane. Is that enough to make them Champions this season? Sadly not. It's a big improvement for sure but still won't be enough, not forgetting Ole still at the realm. United so far got rid of 10 players in some shape or form to support new signings. A cup competition win is a must, otherwise Ole has used up his 9 life's. 

So basically long story short, Cith cruise the league and probably Chavs second. With United improving their squad think we will be fighting it out with you lot for 3rd.  ;D

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Re: Who's going to win Premier League 21/22
      Reply #1: Aug 13, 2021 10:07:24 am
      Well the time has come. Arsenal kick off the Premier League tonite and don't even make the poll such their downfall over recent years.

My take as follows...

Last year I had it a two horse race, you lot! & City. As we all know due to your horrendous injury problems it became a one horse race. Sadly I certainly see that this year. With City's improvements (( Grealish, Kane / or striker still pending )) I just can't see them losing it over 38 games. Voting with my head it's City. Awesome squad with a world class manager.

Chavs...
      Another team to improve their squad during transfer window. With a striker the missing link in Chavs armour is Lukaku the answer? I have my doubts. I only see him as a 20 goal a season man at best in the league. Will that be enough? I have my doubts. However, with Tuchel going into his second season and knows the players that bit better they could be the most improved side going forward. They've sold/released/freed 25 players to fund the Lukaku transfer.

Leicester...
      Leicester being Leicester no doubt they will be in the top six again such the consistency of manager Brenda Rogers (( Future manager of United  :f_whistle: )) Obviously can't compete with the top clubs for bringing record signings in they will probably finish 5/6th again.

Liverpool...
      With just the one addition signing in Konate ( so far ) is that enough? afraid not. No doubting Liverpool's first 11 would be up their to challenge City but with this now squad game becoming paramount due to City's squad size I just don't see how they can sustain a challenge over 38 games with the current squad.

Man United...
      They've been active during the summer transfer with the signings of Sancho & Varane. Is that enough to make them Champions this season? Sadly not. It's a big improvement for sure but still won't be enough, not forgetting Ole still at the realm. United so far got rid of 10 players in some shape or form to support new signings. A cup competition win is a must, otherwise Ole has used up his 9 life's. 

So basically long story short, Cith cruise the league and probably Chavs second. With United improving their squad think we will be fighting it out with you lot for 3rd.  ;D

Not sure how our squad is any different than when we won it Keith tbh . It will come down a lot to injuries for me and if we can keep the injuries to a minimum especially to key players we are in with a shot. And I guess the same applies to the others also
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2: Aug 13, 2021 10:10:09 am
      LFC of course
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Aug 13, 2021 10:11:56 am
      Not sure how our squad is any different than when we won it Keith tbh . It will come down a lot to injuries for me and if we can keep the injuries to a minimum especially to key players we are in with a shot. And I guess the same applies to the others also

It's no different Rosey and that's why I said you'll go close with your starting 11. However, when you won the league you did very well with little injuries. injury free 100% you'd be the closest rivals to City's crown. 

Ps.. Forgot to mention Firmino had a good season when you won the league. For his standards been very poor since.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2021 10:22:27 am by Keith Singleton »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Aug 13, 2021 10:34:36 am
      Think City will win it there squad is so strong think with us not strengthening will finish third
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Aug 13, 2021 11:21:49 am
      Liverpool
      City
      Chelsea
      United

*Terms and conditions apply (Relatively injury free season given we've had a proper preseason)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6: Aug 13, 2021 11:30:34 am
      Liverpool
      City
      Chelsea

Man Utd
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7: Aug 13, 2021 03:31:52 pm
      Liverpool.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Aug 13, 2021 04:46:20 pm

Good reasoning there Shabs..  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Aug 13, 2021 05:00:14 pm
      Think City will win it there squad is so strong think with us not strengthening will finish third

They definitely should be walking it again this time around. Its a ridiculously strong squad and cant be taken seriously from an integrity point of view. And yet they continue to laugh in the face of FFP
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Aug 13, 2021 05:40:43 pm
      Obviously I want Liverpool to win and believe we can, but my pick of the rest are Chelsea, think Lukaku will be massive for them and isn’t getting the respect he deserves, especially from rival teams, Man Utd fans are laughing at the transfer as if it’s their version of Lukaku they’ve scored, he was sh*te there because of the team, think he’ll thrive at Chelsea.

At 5/1 I think a decent bet too.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #11: Aug 13, 2021 05:42:23 pm
      The top 4 will level up to a degree by force of spending power but I still fancy us or City to win it and the difference could be the odd injury, a bit of luck, temporary loss of form or the margin of squad depth. That's why I'm hoping we add before the window closes.

I think Chelsea have a bit of work to do despite having strong foundations and I'd never back the Munts to win it under Solskjaer no matter how much money they spend. I hope we wipe the floor with the lot of them of course. We probably would if we have an injury free season.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #12: Aug 13, 2021 05:43:51 pm
      Who are the 4 c*nts who didn't vote Liverpool?  >:D >:D >:D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #13: Aug 13, 2021 06:03:12 pm
      Liverpool is going to win and here's a plot twist....City to finish 3rd and United to finish outside the top 4.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Aug 13, 2021 06:40:02 pm
      Liverpool is going to win and here's a plot twist....City to finish 3rd and United to finish outside the top 4.

Now that is a twist  :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15: Aug 13, 2021 07:25:36 pm

More like a delusion
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #16: Aug 13, 2021 08:51:35 pm
      Strange that every pundit and fan youtuber has us in third or fourth when this is the same team that got 99 points and won the CL. How can they not see what an anomalous freak last season was?  Swap Gini for Thiago, add Jota and account for improving fringe players Keita and and Minamino ( that first touch in pre season! ) and great young talents in Elliott and Kaide Gordon and I can only feel positive. I believe the team that finishes above us will need close to 100 points and the only one capable of that is City, obviously. Despite their signings Chelsea and United are still turds.

Leeds might be a surprise this season. Their last ten games were top four form, and the whole second half of their season was impressive. Bielsa tweaked the system into a less frenetic, basketball style yet still maintained attacking aggression. Hope they can give the Mancs a bloody nose tomorrow.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Aug 14, 2021 11:59:47 pm
      What a stupid F***ing question from a stupid F***ing Manc   :lmao: :lmao:

The Mighty Reds of course!!!!

1. LFC

2. Couldn't give a sh*t

3-20 repeat Number 2

:D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2021 08:20:49 am
      What a stupid f**king question from a stupid f**king Manc   :lmao: :lmao:

The Mighty Reds of course!!!!

1. LFC

2. Couldn't give a sh*t

3-20 repeat Number 2

:D

Now then you Aussie Tw@t  :f_whistle:
      For those that don't wear rose tinted glasses it's a perfect legitimate question. Go sh@g a kangaroo  :lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2021 06:23:45 pm
      Great start to the season for the Champions to be eh?

Who needs Harry 😂😂
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2021 04:07:30 pm
      Liverpool
      Chelsea
      City
      United
      Leicester
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Aug 27, 2021 11:17:47 pm
      All the money has been spent by Chelsea Utd City so all things being equal they all have big pressure on them to deliver.

And yet our team is very strong with last seasons lack of centre halves addressed in this window.

We are complete to give it a go despite 2 consecutive seasons of net profits.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #22: Sep 02, 2021 01:10:47 pm
      Chelsea have strengthened well.
      And I think it’s them or us. Even with a couple of injuries we have a strong squad.

City not having a quality striker is a big miss for them.

United have a weak midfield. Plus it’ll be interested to see how ronaldo fits in.

Tottenham just crumble like origami as soon as pressure builds.

Leicester will be lucky to get top 5.

And arsenal, And I’m sticking my neck out here, I don’t think they will do it.

Quick Reply