Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win league

Chelsea
      19 (17.6%)
      Leicester
      1 (0.9%)
      Liverpool
      68 (63%)
      Man City
      18 (16.7%)
      Man United
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Who's going to win Premier League 21/22

Read 19059 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Who's going to win Premier League 21/22
      Reply #69: Sep 21, 2021 01:42:47 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Chavs only got a draw against us because they played the 2nd half with a 9 man defence too.

Chavs look good but a lot seems to be getting forgotten with their performances; Arsenal should’ve had a stonewall penalty at either 0-0 or 1-0 (can’t remember which), were largely on the back foot vs Villa, had to pack a 9 man defence against us after the red card and didn’t manage a single shot on target in the first half today.

No team is playing perfectly and will have sketchy moments but a lot of people are making out as if the Chavs have been flawless so far. We’ve scored the same number of goals, conceded the same number and have the same number of points having played each other too so at the moment, after 5 games there is literally nothing between the 2 teams.

Despite that, we're playing for third spot atm and they're playing for first. ???  We're currently 15 league games unbeaten, but that doesn't ring a bell with him.

When they came here, they had already started to park the bus by the time VAR had to step in and spot the cheat on the goalline.  After that, they never moved out of their own half. Tuchel is Mourinho minus the tantrums, yet. The last time a defensive minded coach won this league was Conte, and he's long gone by now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #70: Sep 21, 2021 01:58:07 pm
      Next game will clear this up. Chelsea vs Manchester City, whilst we play Brentford  ;D If Chelsea are still on top, fair play to them, and they become outright favourites..

Can see city giving them a doing. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #71: Oct 22, 2021 11:18:11 am
      Update on season so far.

So we have our first twist of the season that could have significant changes on how the top 4/5 team perform. The chavs lose their front two, how long for I don't know. Lukaku with a twisted ankle and Werner with a hamstring. Think most of us know the only thing that Chave were missing last season was a out and out striker, losing Lukaku is bad enough but Werner going at the same time massive blow.

This will give you lot!  :f_tongueincheek: massive boost, not that you fcukers need it because your the inform team at the moment.

Cith still in cruise mode and yet to pull the trigger, it's just when.

United looking grim, I thought we would be fighting it out for 3rd/4th with you lot but that's not showing as of yet on the pitch due to poor management on our behalf.

So the way I see it now is Liverpool gone from fighting 3rd/4th spot to challengers along with City still my current favs. Still early though and once chavs have their strikers back will get interesting again providing it isn't too late. Can't see them being many goals now and just the odd 1-0 2-0 wins till their back.

Leicester 3 points for top 6 so there still on target.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #72: Oct 22, 2021 07:34:57 pm
      Hilarious how everyone wrote us off before the season began, no-one had us in the top two despite being one of only two proven world class sides. Even people paid for their opinions are recency biased knee jerkers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #73: Oct 22, 2021 07:40:26 pm
      Hilarious how everyone wrote us off before the season began, no-one had us in the top two despite being one of only two proven world class sides. Even people paid for their opinions are recency biased knee jerkers.

That's not totally true. I've said if you can basically keep your best 11 injury free you can give City a run. I just don't think you have a bench that can fill those boots to keep tabs on City. That's why I thought you'll be fighting it out with us for 3/4th.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #74: Oct 22, 2021 07:50:53 pm
      That's not totally true. I've said if you can basically keep your best 11 injury free you can give City a run. I just don't think you have a bench that can fill those boots to keep tabs on City. That's why I thought you'll be fighting it out with us for 3/4th.

Out of 21 pundits at the BBC not one had us in the top 2 and almost all had us 4th. And this was a very typical view.

Our squad is better and deeper than when we got 97 and 99 points, but, yeah, if Salah gets a long term problem it makes it very difficult.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #75: Oct 22, 2021 08:27:16 pm
      Even if you take away starting elevens and team depth and all that, I think the most important thing we have over the others is INSANE team chemistry, it’s cliche, but it does really seem like a family when you see behind the scenes, to the level you don’t really see elsewhere.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #76: Oct 22, 2021 08:59:37 pm
      Out of 21 pundits at the BBC not one had us in the top 2 and almost all had us 4th. And this was a very typical view.

Our squad is better and deeper than when we got 97 and 99 points, but, yeah, if Salah gets a long term problem it makes it very difficult.

When you won the league you basically had minimal injuries. Deeper squads  doesn't mean quality.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #77: Oct 22, 2021 09:06:12 pm
      When you won the league you basically had minimal injuries. Deeper squads  doesn't mean quality.

Jota isn't quality? Harvey Elliott, Curt Jones, Tsimikas, Konate?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #78: Oct 22, 2021 09:34:16 pm

I don't know how people come to that conclusion but it's for sure a misconception and it bugs me because it's completely false. That season we had the follwing players missing;

Alisson - 8 games + 1 banned
      Matip - 20 games
      Lovren - 11 games
      Fab - 8 games
      Keita - 9 games
      Hendo - 7 games
      Ox - 4 games
      Milner - 11 games
      Salah - 1 game
      Shaqiri - 20 games

Combined total league games missed - 100

It's strange that a lot of rival fans jump to the conclussion we won the league that year because we apparently had barely any injuries, yet completely disregard us not winning the league last season being down to having an insane amount of injuries. Yet despite having a bigger injury crisis than any of the so called "top" teams have suffered for a long time, we put up a better fight than any of the other "top" teams have managed over recent years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #79: Oct 22, 2021 10:13:31 pm
      Jota isn't quality? Harvey Elliott, Curt Jones, Tsimikas, Konate?

It was a general statement not pointed at any inderviual. For the record Jota gets in my first 11. Elliott isn't a new buy but coming through the ranks nicely. Though  Jones was part of your academy? Granted also looking promising though.

Jota without doubt improved your team when you won the league. However, you do have a weak bench when you compare with City.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #80: Oct 22, 2021 10:18:40 pm

It's strange that a lot of rival fans jump to the conclussion we won the league that year because we apparently had barely any injuries, yet completely disregard us not winning the league last season being down to having an insane amount of injuries. Yet despite having a bigger injury crisis than any of the so called "top" teams have suffered for a long time, we put up a better fight than any of the other "top" teams have managed over recent years.

That's a misconception KK Yes you had little injuries but still deserved to win it. All I'm saying is that it helped because in my opinion you didn't  have great squad depth. 
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #81: Oct 22, 2021 10:56:29 pm
      That's a misconception KK Yes you had little injuries but still deserved to win it. All I'm saying is that it helped because in my opinion you didn't  have great squad depth.

We rely very heavily on the fitness of the front three, it's true, and it's a weakness oppo fans all like to call. If one of the front three gets a long term injury we are out of the title race, certainly if it's a 95+ points season. Klopp has been very careful in his squad choices, he has often said you cannot have two players of the same quality for every position for obvious reasons. He values unity and spirit within the group more than depth. It's risky and it's more risky the older they get. It's difficult to find players of high quality who do not demand playing all the time, Jota is a rare exception.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #82: Oct 22, 2021 11:27:05 pm
      Update on season so far.

So we have our first twist of the season that could have significant changes on how the top 4/5 team perform. The chavs lose their front two, how long for I don't know. Lukaku with a twisted ankle and Werner with a hamstring. Think most of us know the only thing that Chave were missing last season was a out and out striker, losing Lukaku is bad enough but Werner going at the same time massive blow.

This will give you lot!  :f_tongueincheek: massive boost, not that you fcukers need it because your the inform team at the moment.

Cith still in cruise mode and yet to pull the trigger, it's just when.

United looking grim, I thought we would be fighting it out for 3rd/4th with you lot but that's not showing as of yet on the pitch due to poor management on our behalf.

So the way I see it now is Liverpool gone from fighting 3rd/4th spot to challengers along with City still my current favs. Still early though and once chavs have their strikers back will get interesting again providing it isn't too late. Can't see them being many goals now and just the odd 1-0 2-0 wins till their back.

Leicester 3 points for top 6 so there still on target.

That really happen mate? Haven't seen any news about that. If true, sucked in you cu*ts...F**k I hate that lot!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: Oct 22, 2021 11:37:58 pm
      The chavs lose their front two, how long for I don't know. Lukaku with a twisted ankle and Werner with a hamstring. Think most of us know the only thing that Chave were missing last season was a out and out striker, losing Lukaku is bad enough but Werner going at the same time massive blow.

Missed this earlier!

I don't think it's going to pose them any real issue; Werner isn't a goal scorer and is in and out of the team, whilst Lukaku is now 7 games without a goal and has only once hit 20 league goals in England. Think the bigger issue would be if they had lost Mendy or a couple of players from the midfield, but even then, with their favourable run of games coming up now, can't see them having any trouble picking up some more wins...no matter how much I hate to admit that. Sounds like both players could be back within the next week or 2 anyway.

Like I said about us vs Watford last week and having a couple of players missing, if the Chavs can't beat Norwich without Lukaku and Werner then they don't deserve to be winning the league anyway.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #84: Oct 23, 2021 12:35:25 am
      Saw Daka score 4 midweek in the Europa, looks a decent finisher, takes up good positions. Might help Leicester up the table a bit if he got a run.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #85: Oct 23, 2021 12:45:02 am
      Missed this earlier!

I don't think it's going to pose them any real issue; Werner isn't a goal scorer and is in and out of the team, whilst Lukaku is now 7 games without a goal and has only once hit 20 league goals in England. Think the bigger issue would be if they had lost Mendy or a couple of players from the midfield, but even then, with their favourable run of games coming up now, can't see them having any trouble picking up some more wins...no matter how much I hate to admit that. Sounds like both players could be back within the next week or 2 anyway.

Like I said about us vs Watford last week and having a couple of players missing, if the Chavs can't beat Norwich without Lukaku and Werner then they don't deserve to be winning the league anyway.

They are gonna lose Mendy for AFCON. Pretty big blow for us losing Mo and Mane but I think people are overlooking what that will mean for them losing Mendy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #86: Oct 23, 2021 11:21:32 am

Just a lot more F***ing efficient.

And you're right, look at your bag of sh*te squad :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #87: Oct 24, 2021 01:56:34 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      I don't know how people come to that conclusion but it's for sure a misconception and it bugs me because it's completely false. That season we had the follwing players missing;

Alisson - 8 games + 1 banned
      Matip - 20 games
      Lovren - 11 games
      Fab - 8 games
      Keita - 9 games
      Hendo - 7 games
      Ox - 4 games
      Milner - 11 games
      Salah - 1 game
      Shaqiri - 20 games

Combined total league games missed - 100

Like all the others who claim it, he means no injuries to specifically Alisson, VVD, and Salah, not Lovren Keita and Shaqiri. Alisson was injured in the first half of the first game of the season!

The current squad has strength in depth in goal, centre back, and upfront. Less so in midfield. I think the Afcon is a landmine in terms of us winning the league, or even the cup, it was in 2017. If we survive that without much damage, we have the platform to kick on from there.

I totally understand why it's said, and it's hard to argue otherwise, but I don't think the players at the Afcon would appreciate people saying they "hope" they get knocked out. Nobody wants it played when it is, but that's not their fault. It's still as important to them as the Euros and the Copa America is, to the players who play in those tournaments instead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #88: Oct 24, 2021 07:12:08 pm
      Might vote utd for a laugh :laugh:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #89: Oct 24, 2021 08:10:33 pm