Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win league

Chelsea
      19 (17.6%)
      Leicester
      1 (0.9%)
      Liverpool
      68 (63%)
      Man City
      18 (16.7%)
      Man United
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Who's going to win Premier League 21/22

Read 19082 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Who's going to win Premier League 21/22
      Reply #92: Nov 17, 2021 06:59:31 pm
      Why is Utd in the voting for this  :lmao:

Cos when this was first started by our resident manc, having bought Ronaldo, he thought his lads may have a teeny weeny chance of being in the fight for the title/finish fourth!! :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #93: Nov 18, 2021 12:43:05 pm
      Why is Utd in the voting for this  :lmao:

I'm more curious who the 2nd vote for that lot is from...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #94: Nov 18, 2021 01:27:13 pm
      I'm more curious who the 2nd vote for that lot is from...

You should be curious for both votes KK as my vote went to City based on my post.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #95: Nov 18, 2021 01:32:33 pm
      I don't know how people come to that conclusion but it's for sure a misconception and it bugs me because it's completely false. That season we had the follwing players missing;

Alisson - 8 games + 1 banned
      Matip - 20 games
      Lovren - 11 games
      Fab - 8 games
      Keita - 9 games
      Hendo - 7 games
      Ox - 4 games
      Milner - 11 games
      Salah - 1 game
      Shaqiri - 20 games

Combined total league games missed - 100

It's strange that a lot of rival fans jump to the conclussion we won the league that year because we apparently had barely any injuries, yet completely disregard us not winning the league last season being down to having an insane amount of injuries. Yet despite having a bigger injury crisis than any of the so called "top" teams have suffered for a long time, we put up a better fight than any of the other "top" teams have managed over recent years.

Amazing.

The reason they all say we were lucky is because crap tv pundits said it, and because Virg & our front 3 stayed fit most of the season. Apparently the rest of the team don't matter.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #96: Nov 20, 2021 02:28:07 pm
      Chelsea look a nasty outfit. They don't concede or lose. City are the only ones to beat them and there's no shame in losing to City.

I just can't see past them. Tuchel has done an amazing job with basically the exact team fat Frank had.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #97: Nov 25, 2021 11:54:33 pm
      Liverpool win the League.

Who the f**k voted for the Scum? How did Leicester get into the poll?

The resident Scummer said it voted for City!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #98: Nov 26, 2021 02:39:27 am
      Liverpool win the League.

Who the f**k voted for the Scum? How did Leicester get into the poll?

The resident Scummer said it voted for City!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I voted City.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #99: Nov 26, 2021 08:55:45 am
      Its gonna be close anyway.

I always tip the mighty reds.

Especially if were in touching distance after January.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #100: Nov 26, 2021 12:46:32 pm

We know, supporting them like in any title race against us. I love the fact they're owned by billionaires, can buy anyone if they're arsed, but it's us that rattle your heads.

Utd fans should just form an allegiance with City and Everton :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #101: Nov 26, 2021 12:53:37 pm
      We know, supporting them like in any title race against us. I love the fact they're owned by billionaires, can buy anyone if they're arsed, but it's us that rattle your heads.

Utd fans should just form an allegiance with City and Everton :lmao:

I don’t  support them as you well know, it’s based on a opinion, if I thought you lot! would win it then it would be you c**t’s. Its a lose lose for me no matter who I vote coz there’s least 3 teams better than us. It’s possible we might get 4th now with interim manager.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #102: Nov 26, 2021 12:57:10 pm
      I don’t  support them as you well know, it’s based on a opinion, if I thought you lot! would win it then it would be you c**t’s. Its a lose lose for me no matter who I vote coz there’s least 3 teams better than us. It’s possible we might get 4th now with interim manager.

Hahahaha Keith you haven't got it in you to say we'd win the league. You'd congratulate us, but that would be after the fact.

It's Utd and their fans dna to hate everything scouse.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #103: Nov 26, 2021 01:04:45 pm
      Hahahaha Keith you haven't got it in you to say we'd win the league. You'd congratulate us, but that would be after the fact.

It's Utd and their fans dna to hate everything scouse.

That’s your mind working Scouse overtime, it’s your dna that gives you a twisted mind  ;D I will never lie no matter who it is who I think will win the league. If you choose not to believe me then so be it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #104: Nov 27, 2021 03:41:43 pm

I'm aware of that! I said it in the post above yours!  :f_doh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #105: Nov 28, 2021 09:49:08 pm
      Thanks for taking points of The Chavs, you Manc cu*ts!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #106: Nov 28, 2021 10:10:41 pm
      Thanks for taking points of The Chavs, you Manc Cu*ts!

Surly there’s more than one manc Cnut on here and this isn’t pointed at me?  :cool-smiley-027:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #107: Nov 28, 2021 10:22:47 pm
      Surly there’s more than one manc Cnut on here and this isn’t pointed at me?  :cool-smiley-027:

Oh no there is only 1 and it's you.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #108: Nov 29, 2021 11:10:32 am
      Oh no there is only 1 and it's you.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Dec 21, 2021 10:22:48 am
      Well the time has come. Arsenal kick off the Premier League tonite and don't even make the poll such their downfall over recent years.

My take as follows...

Last year I had it a two horse race, you lot! & City. As we all know due to your horrendous injury problems it became a one horse race. Sadly I certainly see that this year. With City's improvements (( Grealish, Kane / or striker still pending )) I just can't see them losing it over 38 games. Voting with my head it's City. Awesome squad with a world class manager.

Chavs...
      Another team to improve their squad during transfer window. With a striker the missing link in Chavs armour is Lukaku the answer? I have my doubts. I only see him as a 20 goal a season man at best in the league. Will that be enough? I have my doubts. However, with Tuchel going into his second season and knows the players that bit better they could be the most improved side going forward. They've sold/released/freed 25 players to fund the Lukaku transfer.

Leicester...
      Leicester being Leicester no doubt they will be in the top six again such the consistency of manager Brenda Rogers (( Future manager of United  :f_whistle: )) Obviously can't compete with the top clubs for bringing record signings in they will probably finish 5/6th again.

Liverpool...
      With just the one addition signing in Konate ( so far ) is that enough? afraid not. No doubting Liverpool's first 11 would be up their to challenge City but with this now squad game becoming paramount due to City's squad size I just don't see how they can sustain a challenge over 38 games with the current squad.

Man United...
      They've been active during the summer transfer with the signings of Sancho & Varane. Is that enough to make them Champions this season? Sadly not. It's a big improvement for sure but still won't be enough, not forgetting Ole still at the realm. United so far got rid of 10 players in some shape or form to support new signings. A cup competition win is a must, otherwise Ole has used up his 9 life's. 

So basically long story short, Cith cruise the league and probably Chavs second. With United improving their squad think we will be fighting it out with you lot for 3rd.  ;D

Christmas update ;D….

Well what’s changed if anything?  Well in relation to winning the league my opinion hasn’t changed. Still think City will win it, from past seasons Christmas time seems to be when they knock a very good run together.

I thought Chavs would be the closest rivals to City but there’s no doubt their form has taken a dive, obviously some of it down to Covid. We’re now entering a uncertain stage as it’s looking like matches are going to be postponed which is going to make it very difficult for the top teams to maintain form. Chavs appear to be losing out the most in the top 4 at the moment with 7 players out with Covid. Not forgetting staff also.

My prediction of Liverpool/ /United fighting out 3rd/4th spots looking way off the mark so far.  :f_doh: Liverpool certainly keeping up the pressure but once again with Covid effecting some of your players it’s understandable that form has slipped slightly. However, I’ve always said with your No 1 talisman not in the team then not surprising. It’s so difficult to asses given Covid will be doing all the talking over the next few weeks. Pending Covid positives your still looking like you can fight it out with my top two predictions.

United… Not much I can say is there.  ;D At the very best maybe a 4th but not looking easy. Have to give a special mention to Arsenal who never even made my top six going really well and arguably the inform team if you take City out of the equation.

Arteta been in for some right stick with questionable decisions over the last few months that’s had many Arsenal fans having to eat  humble pie, non more so that dropping their top striker Aubameyang  which looking at the way they’ve been playing was the right call. Fair play to Arteta, he’s got some balls.  :lmao:

Leicester slowly but surely dropping out of the top six and now have my doubts they can get back into it.

I’m going to stick with my predictions apart from Liverpool/United fighting it out for 3rd for now based on not knowing what will happen due to Covid.

City 1st
      Chavs 2nd
      You lot!!  ;D 3rd
      United 4th

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #110: Dec 21, 2021 10:45:23 am
      Us and city both play Chelsea in Jan so it could be down to us and city by the end of Jan, though the ideal would be chelsea taking points off city

Covid will play a part in this especially the next 4 or 5 fixtures so lets hope we dont lose points we wouldnt expect because of a depleted squad

Huge few weeks on the horizon
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #111: Dec 21, 2021 12:58:23 pm
      I don’t know any more… ask the refs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #112: Dec 21, 2021 01:00:07 pm

Good point
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #113: Dec 21, 2021 11:34:54 pm
      Quote from AlwaysTheKop link=topic=52536.msg2433294#msg2433294 date=16400 91503

Yep have to agree VAR can choose the winners.   Just gave City 2 points as a Chrismas present!
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #114: Dec 22, 2021 06:43:41 am
      I would've said us (Liverpool) for the league up until last weekend. I've been quietly confident but despite the ridiculous VAR non decisions at the weekend we basically dropped two points because covid wiped our midfield out and VVD out.
      Nobody knows how it will affect squads in the weeks to come but City have the depth in the squad. I fear we could see a skewed league table with youth players filling in at most clubs but that would end our title challenge for 21/22...we'll just have to see what happens.

Quick Reply