Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win league

Chelsea
      19 (17.6%)
      Leicester
      1 (0.9%)
      Liverpool
      68 (63%)
      Man City
      18 (16.7%)
      Man United
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Who's going to win Premier League 21/22

Read 19062 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Who's going to win Premier League 21/22
      Reply #115: Dec 22, 2021 05:09:05 pm
      If last year is anything to go by, hopefully not the team who's top at Christmas!! I think we are still the only team to be top at Xmas who has then failed to win the league and we've done that twice in the last 3 years so be good if City can add themselves to the list!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #116: Dec 22, 2021 05:44:57 pm
      If last year is anything to go by, hopefully not the team who's top at Christmas!! I think we are still the only team to be top at Xmas who has then failed to win the league and we've done that twice in the last 3 years so be good if City can add themselves to the list!!

I can see quite a few games ( across the board ) being a lottery now with half of first team regulars having Covid. City have the strongest squad probably won’t be as bad for them, least on paper that is.

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #117: Dec 22, 2021 05:54:08 pm
      I can see quite a few games ( across the board ) being a lottery now with half of first team regulars having Covid. City have the strongest squad probably won’t be as bad for them, least on paper that is.

Also they have VAR in their squad.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: Dec 22, 2021 05:56:20 pm
      Also they have VAR in their squad.  ;D

Yeah you lads were robbed at City other day.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #119: Dec 22, 2021 06:16:43 pm
      Why are the Scum still in this poll? :D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #120: Dec 22, 2021 06:29:16 pm
      Can't stand City tbh. Grealish, foden, sterling...c*nts!! 'Everyone likes Pep'.. no they DON'T >:D hope to god we fight tooth and nail to regain the advantage and never let it go.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #121: Dec 22, 2021 06:53:26 pm
      Why are the Scum still in this poll? :D

Because a Manc started it  :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #122: Dec 22, 2021 07:01:00 pm
      JackJack
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #123: Dec 24, 2021 09:09:23 am
      Who's going to win the 21/22 season?
      One of three teams: Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea.
      Only God can make a more accurate prediction.
      But I wish Liverpool to win :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #124: Dec 24, 2021 01:07:27 pm
      Who's going to win the 21/22 season?
      One of three teams: Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea.
      Only God can make a more accurate prediction.
      But I wish Liverpool to win :)

Shankly will already predict the reds.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #125: Dec 24, 2021 08:40:59 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Christmas update ;D….

Well what’s changed if anything?  Well in relation to winning the league my opinion hasn’t changed. Still think City will win it, from past seasons Christmas time seems to be when they knock a very good run together.

I thought Chavs would be the closest rivals to City but there’s no doubt their form has taken a dive, obviously some of it down to Covid. We’re now entering a uncertain stage as it’s looking like matches are going to be postponed which is going to make it very difficult for the top teams to maintain form. Chavs appear to be losing out the most in the top 4 at the moment with 7 players out with Covid. Not forgetting staff also.

My prediction of Liverpool/ /United fighting out 3rd/4th spots looking way off the mark so far.  :f_doh: Liverpool certainly keeping up the pressure but once again with Covid effecting some of your players it’s understandable that form has slipped slightly.

The slight slip amounted to a grand total of 1 solitary draw. With 10 men. That's only good enough for 3rd in your book, just marginally ahead of a ragball side we hockeyed 5-0 in their own ground.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #126: Jan 03, 2022 10:49:46 am
      Only managed to watch the highlights of Chavs & you lot  ;D on MOTD but looked a cracking match from what little a saw. Mane was lucky to stay on pitch as that surly was a 50/50 chance he was goner.

What the result does it makes it really difficult now for both teams to challenge City. City fans obviously loving the result with both sides dropping 2 points. It’s by no means over though. What is a concern losing two of your strike force to ACON. I know it’s only a few games but will be interesting who Klopp replaces them with. Luckily the next few premier games ( on paper ) look winnable anyway.

Hence my update on who’s winning the league. Still no real change at the top. City with their squad are going to have to lose 3/4 games which doesn’t seem possible  really.

Chavs been murdered by Covid and dropped by the wayside but still expect them at worse to finish 3rd.
      Once they get over Covid ( if that’s possible ) they will be fighting it out with you lads for second.

Liverpool, like I’ve always said have the top 11 players that can win the premier league (( if stay fit ))  but with a few Covid issues of their own and once again no squad dept it’s costing you serious points that you wouldn’t normally lose. Not forgetting ACON i can’t see there being as many goals obviously, winnable yes, but only the odd goal and tight finishes in my opinion.

I’m reading no additions in the January window, if that is true the noisy neighbours win the league for sure.  :f_doh:

As for us lot!! What can I say.  :couch:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #127: Jan 03, 2022 10:59:05 am
      our hope depend on an 18 year getting fit again apparently this is where we are now. City might have this won by March leaving them free to really focus and rest players for the CL its a horrible thought
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #128: Jan 03, 2022 11:27:28 am
      our hope depend on an 18 year getting fit again apparently this is where we are now. City might have this won by March leaving them free to really focus and rest players for the CL its a horrible thought

Horrible thought.

An 18 year old winger turned cm who replaced our most consistent injury free player in our squad. Couldn't make this up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #129: Jan 07, 2022 05:41:09 pm
      Horrible thought.

An 18 year old winger turned cm who replaced our most consistent injury free player in our squad. Couldn't make this up.

After last season, yeah you could make this up. And it's still not as bad as the injury situation under Houllier when we had to loan Paul Jones and couldn't win a game all through winter.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #130: Mar 31, 2022 10:46:59 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Well the time has come.

So basically long story short, Cith cruise the league and probably Chavs second. With United improving their squad think we will be fighting it out with you lot for 3rd.  ;D

I think charities would be struggling by now, if there were any bets placed on that line up.

For those of us who kept our cash in our pockets, it's time to take our seats. It's the run in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #131: Mar 31, 2022 10:49:17 pm

this didnt age well mate 😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #132: Apr 01, 2022 10:59:47 am
      this didnt age well mate 😂😂

you  misread my post mate it was clearly an attempt to take pressure of Jürgen and the boys. :f_whistle:
      Looked like it worked too
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #133: Apr 01, 2022 11:13:31 am
      you  misread my post mate it was clearly an attempt to take pressure of Jürgen and the boys. :f_whistle:
      Looked like it worked too

Good man Walton your jedi mind tricks dragged us back into the title race
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #134: Apr 01, 2022 11:18:37 am
      I think charities would be struggling by now, if there were any bets placed on that line up.

For those of us who kept our cash in our pockets, it's time to take our seats. It's the run in.

Thing is some of us fans have opinions before it’s over, unlike you who only ever after times.  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #135: Apr 01, 2022 12:06:49 pm
      Liverpool
      City
      Chelsea
      United

*Terms and conditions apply (Relatively injury free season given we've had a proper preseason)

Obviously I've got this wrong and have done Arsenal a disservice.
      United's signings have been for commercial rather than footballing reasons and have cost them on the pitch.

Two horse race for the title.
      Chelsea 3rd.
      Arsenal 4th.

Here's dreaming.
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2022 02:04:45 pm by racerx34 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #136: Apr 01, 2022 12:45:20 pm
      Good man Walton your jedi mind tricks dragged us back into the title race

I cant really take all the praise though the lads have done incredible things these past few months/years and there is more to come in the coming months/years
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #137: Apr 01, 2022 08:50:56 pm
      Voted Liverpool of course. Obviously there's every possibility that we won't, but I'm very confident that we'll be right in the mix. Don't buy into this sh*te about us being "left behind" because Man City have spunked £100M on an England benchwarmer and Chelsea have spent more or less the same on a pudding who got swerved by United. The same Chelsea, might I add, who still finished below us last season whilst we had Nat Phillips at centre half and a non existent midfield.

Don't reckon United will be in the running come April. Just don't see Solskjaer as a manager who can succesfully navigate a title win at the best of times, let alone during an era where he'll have to come up against two sides who have proved on more than one occasion they're able to throw together a + 95 point season. United have some brilliant players and could beat anyone on their day, but I've got real doubts about them having the consistency needed to hit levels similar to what ourselves and City have hit these last few years.

My personal feeling is that it'll be a coin toss between ourselves and City. Not to go all Keegan here, but I'd absolutely f**king love us to win it this season. I'm probably more up for this season than I was for 19/20. I'd absolutely love us to shut all the doubters up who have been wanking themselves off over big money signings and spending all summer trying to turn football into some sort of soap opera. Nothing would bring me more joy than seeing the reds get their heads down and absolutely blitz it again as it would make a mockery of the pantomime we've all had to endure over the last couple of months.

I expect us to bounce back strongly and leave last season where it firmly belongs. This group has bounced back from setbacks numerous times (notably Kiev & missing out on the title by a point in 2019) so I don't doubt that they'll be able to put the second half of last season behind them and get back down to business.

Up the reds!

Not a bad August prediction this!

Still haven't won a F***ing bet all season though 😂

Quick Reply