Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson Becker
      3 (3.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      72 (79.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Aug 18, 2021 07:20:31 pm

Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17743 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Aug 14, 2021 07:37:37 pm
      I thought Tsimikas was decent to say he’d only previously played 6 minutes of premier league football.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #208: Aug 14, 2021 07:39:27 pm
      Nice solid clinical win , can’t complain at anything today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #209: Aug 14, 2021 07:40:33 pm
      Looked like it could be a close game at the start, but we gradually took control.
      A couple of lapses allowed Norwich chances, but what a triple save.
      Three good goals, clean sheet, some very good individual performances, mostly decent throughout.
      Finished up strolling really.
      3 goals, 3 points, clean sheet, and just to add to my jubilation,  correct prediction as well. 🍻 woohooo !
       Mo motm for me as well. Unplayable at times, and what a Finnish !
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #210: Aug 14, 2021 08:07:58 pm
      Kostas head seemed to go after the brain fart on the edge of the box. Looks physically light in the challenge and on the ball. Needs to improve quickly or would stick Milly in at FB until Robbo back. Can't afford to be as weak as he was at times today imho.

Let's not be too quick to judge him. If I'm not mistaken, it was his first PL start. He still needs to get used to the speed of the game.
      Yes, he had a few dodgy moments, but he also showed some interesting qualities, particularly going forward.

Robbo's injury might be a blessing in disguise. Tsimikas needs a run of games. If those moments are still there after a few games, then the tough questions will be asked.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #211: Aug 14, 2021 08:16:06 pm
      Also it’s great see Bobby’s big white teeth beaming - he loves the crowd
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #212: Aug 14, 2021 08:30:00 pm
      All important first win. Made it difficult for ourselves at times and we were very lucky not to concede but on the whole a good performance and a base we can build from.

Would’ve been nice to get that 4th goal and be top but can’t complain with 3 goals and a clean sheet.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #213: Aug 14, 2021 08:39:10 pm
      Nice - 3 goals and a clean sheet. Good start to be fair. Was hoping more from AOC - good Fab came on and gave us more urgency.

Keita was not bad, decent in parts. He does press well which I think does go unnoticed sometimes - wins the ball back high up in the opponent's half.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #214: Aug 14, 2021 08:39:16 pm
      Let's not be too quick to judge him. If I'm not mistaken, it was his first PL start. He still needs to get used to the speed of the game.
      Yes, he had a few dodgy moments, but he also showed some interesting qualities, particularly going forward.

Robbo's injury might be a blessing in disguise. Tsimikas needs a run of games. If those moments are still there after a few games, then the tough questions will be asked.

Robbo's injury a blessing in disguise ?
      Obviously Kostas has a chance now to get some games, Robbo is out. Just reckon he needs to improve on today.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #215: Aug 14, 2021 08:52:53 pm
      Mo Salah out there breaking more records.
      You love to see it
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #216: Aug 14, 2021 08:53:57 pm
      We got what we went for. So happy to see almost full squad.

Motm: Salah, then Trent.

Tsimikas was decent and will keep him in the XI not like some of you are saying.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #217: Aug 14, 2021 09:08:40 pm
      Robbo's injury a blessing in disguise ?
      Obviously Kostas has a chance now to get some games, Robbo is out. Just reckon he needs to improve on today.

Fair enough, "blessing in disguise" was a poor choice of words. A silver lining, if you will.
      I'm sure you know what I meant though...

With VVD coaching him during our games, I have every confidence he will improve.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #218: Aug 14, 2021 09:11:25 pm
      I love Jürgen but I have to say their manager is a genuinely nice F***ing fella.

Our man did seem to genuinely respect their manager.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #219: Aug 14, 2021 09:14:02 pm
      Seems like we have a new Salah.... genuinely looking to play in his team mates.  ;D

Love it!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #220: Aug 14, 2021 09:25:17 pm
      Of all that I seen today the one thing I think will be massive to us, a big ask this, a fully fit Keita
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #221: Aug 14, 2021 09:32:01 pm
      Of all that I seen today the one thing I think will be massive to us, a big ask this, a fully fit Keita

Thiago could do what Keita does.

Tsimikas began strong - I even started to think he's better!!! than Robbo - but as time progressed you could see here and there mistakes and shortcomings. Nothing to worry since this was his first serious game.

What makes this win even bigger is that we played without Hendo, maybe our best midfielder. This team can go all the way to silverwareland.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #222: Aug 14, 2021 09:33:18 pm
      Good performance. Front 3 ( and then Bobby too) were sharp. Defence was ok. Tsimikas made quite a few defensive mistakes over the game, although was pretty good going forward. Hopefully he'll get sharper defensively with more games - having Virgil there to keep him right will help with that, great to see the big man back.

Playing our 2nd string midfield was interesting to see - good chance to get a rare look at Ox and Keita as starters. Thought Keita did pretty well, certainly worked hard. Ox wasn't great, but it's only one game, at least they are both fit and available.

Good start to the season, and the fact we have our best CBs back and our front 4 looking fresh again means we should be right in the hunt this season.

(Salah MOTM, was really lively.)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #223: Aug 14, 2021 09:51:55 pm
      Thiago could do what Keita does.

Tsimikas began strong - I even started to think he's better!!! than Robbo - but as time progressed you could see here and there mistakes and shortcomings. Nothing to worry since this was his first serious game.

What makes this win even bigger is that we played without Hendo, maybe our best midfielder. This team can go all the way to silverwareland.

6 minutes before today in the prem league, can allow for the shortcomings, bit of potential but reality is we wont see much of him when Robbos fit

Off topic but why alliw 9 subs but only use 3 does not make sense
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #224: Aug 14, 2021 10:26:29 pm
      We could. We didn’t score five goals and one of us didn’t score a hat trick on opening day. Tsimikas was a liability and midfield wasn’t good enough. It was 5-1 at the other match and we aren’t top of the league. I’m greedy and unhappy and I’ll make everyone as depressed as me. You may as well ignore my posts! Get in!

All that and something was wrong with my coffee this morning. I need someone to blame!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #225: Aug 14, 2021 10:31:15 pm
      Had to work do missed the game so ready for the highlights now.

Comfortable win by the looks of it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #226: Aug 14, 2021 10:33:27 pm
      37 more of these and we are good to go.

Thirteen in the European Cup will be alright as well.

Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 878 posts | 114 
      Reply #227: Aug 14, 2021 11:42:40 pm
      Really enjoyable game to watch

Alisson - 8 - didn’t have too much to do but made a fantastic save and he claimed a lot of crosses

TAA - 8.5 - some amazing driven passes and he practically set up the second goal

Matip - 8 - Calm and dealt with everything well

VVD - 8 - didn’t have a huge amount to do but he looked sharp and gives the team so much confidence

Tsimikas - 7.5 - really good first half, but he had some sloppy moments, mostly in the second half. Encouraging league debut though.

Milner - 6.5 - I didn’t think he was particularly good. He was sloppy at times. He is not a number 6 though.

Ox - 6.5 - Didn’t make much of an impact. This was a big opportunity for him. I still think he’s a good player but he’s not going to be pushing for a regular starting spot if he performs like this. Happy to keep him though as he is a homegrown player and he offers something different to our midfield when in form.

Keita - 8.5 - I saw some fans say that he did nothing. I thought he was excellent and was comfortably our best midfielder. Some really good passes and won the ball well. Better first half than second, but a really encouraging performance. I just hope he can stay fit. I don’t doubt his quality.

Salah - 8.5 - Fantastic goal and the assist for Mane was nice. He looked sharp. He should hit twenty plus goals again this season.

Jota - 6.5 - It might sound a bit harsh but I thought he looked sloppy. He knows how to score though. His run at the start of the second half was nice. In my opinion, Firmino is a better player at this point in time and offers more. Jota is a fantastic option have though and he’s a big goal threat. 

Mane - 8.5 - He was really, really good. After his hour with covid, he didn’t quite look the same and he didn’t look as fast. He looks to be back to his best now. Gave Aarons hell and played some nice passes. Good work for the second goal as well. I think he is the hardest wide player to play against in the league.

Subs
      Firmino - 7 - got himself a goal. Link up seemed to be quite good, but I can’t remember too much about his performance if I’m honest.

Fabinho - 7 - I didn’t think he quite looked himself but he did a couple of nice things and I didn’t see anything to complain about.

Elliot - 6 - didn’t have much time to make an impact. I like the thought of him at RCM and Trent at RB though — both can split a defence.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #228: Aug 15, 2021 12:25:05 am
      First off GET THE F**k INNNNNNNNN

Great way to start the season off.

3 goals, a clean sheet and getting the Rolls Royce back out there, who looked like he hasn't missed a beat.

Bring on the F***ing Season!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #229: Aug 15, 2021 08:09:51 am
      Perfect opening day performance wasn't it! So many positives. Salah was sharp as a razor, we got VVD and Matip back together again and both of them played well (particularly Matip). Kostas (despite a couple of sloppy defensive moments in the 2nd half) looked bright stepping into Robbo's shoes (i wonder if his delivery is actually better?). Keita had a bright game, Trent looks on god form and young Ellliot got some minutes.

Couldn't have gone much better!

Quick Reply