Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson Becker
      3 (3.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      72 (79.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Aug 18, 2021 07:20:31 pm

Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17683 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Aug 15, 2021 08:26:03 am
      Good win never looked threatened. Front three looked sharp just thought Milly and Ox looked weak. Still plenty more to come back onwards and upwards
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #231: Aug 15, 2021 09:02:05 am
      Perfect opening day performance wasn't it! So many positives. Salah was sharp as a razor, we got VVD and Matip back together again and both of them played well (particularly Matip). Kostas (despite a couple of sloppy defensive moments in the 2nd half) looked bright stepping into Robbo's shoes (i wonder if his delivery is actually better?). Keita had a bright game, Trent looks on god form and young Ellliot got some minutes.

Couldn't have gone much better!

Thought Matip was class is there a better CD in the Premiership? Just hope we can keep him fit for the full season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #232: Aug 15, 2021 09:34:46 am
      Good way to start the season, three goals and a clean sheet. Look forward to being back at Anfield with a full crowd  behind the team.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #233: Aug 15, 2021 09:50:35 am
      I see we have got in some bother with the Chelsea rent boy chant aimed at young Billy Gilmour. Didnt think anything of it at the time, its a chant thats been sung at them for well over 15 years that I can remember by us and others.

Seems post lockdown its no longer acceptable.

Don't think the fans were being particularly personal at the lad more his parent club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #234: Aug 15, 2021 10:04:51 am
      I see we have got in some bother with the Chelsea rent boy chant aimed at young Billy Gilmour. Didnt think anything of it at the time, its a chant thats been sung at them for well over 15 years that I can remember by us and others.

Don't think the fans were being particularly personal at the lad more his parent club.

Don't know what the chant is but read about it. The fact it's ( in your words ) been sung over 15 years sounds like the snowflakes  media out in force again. I F***ing dislike  snowflakes, does that mean I'm racist in this day and age?  ;D
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #235: Aug 15, 2021 10:20:11 am
      Salah looked super sharp and motm for me, midfield i thought looked a bit weak, a lot better when Fab came on, great to have the big man back, actually thought Norwich would be more up for it, pretty easy win in the end, and a clean sheet 😊
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #236: Aug 15, 2021 10:30:27 am
      Fan-tastic. ;D

Great performance all round.

As noted above I really hope wee Naby can stay fit and the ox, both need proper minutes mind you, which may be difficult when Hendo and Thiago come back into the team, but at least there is options there.

Salah as always delivers, mane & jota looked good.

The greek was mostly good apart from a couple of errors.

Brilliant to see Matip & VVD back.

all in all a proper chicken Dinner day. ;D
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #237: Aug 15, 2021 10:46:38 am
      Great start, was worried about the midfield of Ox Milly and Kieta, but the back 4 and front line covered over how weak they were at times. OX im afraid does not command a starting place for me nice lad but I even think Elliot is pushing ahead of him.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1528 
      Reply #238: Aug 15, 2021 11:34:50 am

Think that's been going on for 25-30 years, eve longer, ever since the Rent Boys became an issue in and around chelsea.  Remember them waving bundles of cash shouting "Look at my wad, look ay my wad" Never expanded on how many of them earned it though did they. Did we give a F**k ? did we hell.
      Wont be long before some tw*t trys to stop us singing anything, because it might upset those from other clubs, who feel they are inferior fans.

These wankers with no sense of humour, all need locking in a cell together, and the key thrown away.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #239: Aug 15, 2021 11:47:37 am

These wankers with no sense of humour, all need locking in a cell together, and the key thrown away.

Better still send the snowflakes back to never never land.  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #240: Aug 15, 2021 11:50:27 am
      Don't know what the chant is but read about it. The fact it's ( in your words ) been sung over 15 years sounds like the snowflakes  media out in force again. I F***ing dislike  snowflakes, does that mean I'm racist in this day and age?  ;D

Just the usual ello hello Chelsea rent boy Chelsea rent boy one thats been going since the 80s id guess.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #241: Aug 15, 2021 11:55:58 am
      Just the usual ello hello Chelsea rent boy Chelsea rent boy one thats been going since the 80s id guess.

You've basically just confirmed my post then. Fcuking snowflakes. W@nkers the lot of them. On a side note was just looking at man of the match for United. Think it was the BBC. Now been changed to Player of the match.  :f_steam:

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #242: Aug 15, 2021 11:58:01 am
      You've basically just confirmed my post then. Fcuking snowflakes. W@nkers the lot of them. On a side note was just looking at man of the match for United. Think it was the BBC. Now been changed to Player of the match.  :f_steam:

Fek it, lets just copy USA and go for an MVP. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #243: Aug 15, 2021 12:00:22 pm
      Fek it, lets just copy USA and go for an MVP. ;D

What does that mean I honestly don't know.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #244: Aug 15, 2021 12:03:09 pm
      What does that mean I honestly don't know.

;D Most Valuable Player
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #245: Aug 15, 2021 12:05:33 pm

Fcuk sake really. In that case Grealish at the moment in the Premier league  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #246: Aug 15, 2021 12:07:16 pm
      AOC does not offer much in midfield, he needs to be pushed further up. It is there that he causes damage.

Keita is on fire. Alisson is back too after an understandable difficult period.

MOTM is Salah, how come he was thinking about passing to Mane :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #247: Aug 15, 2021 12:07:41 pm
      Good result, entertaining game.
      Was reading the BBC report on the match and it really does seem they formulate their report from the edited 8 minute MOTD clip on TV, after watching the whole game live it was patently obvious that Norwich were being played off the park and as the game progressed so did our superiority.

The BBC were obviously reporting on a different game saying we were held back in the first half and only Salah was worth a mention in the defeat of newly promoted Norwich.

They also reported on "homophobic chanting" directed at an ex-Chelsea player, the chant was of course "rent boy" which could by some misinterpreted,  malformed  logic be interpreted as a poke (excuse the pun) at gay people.
      We all know Chelsea was known as a club of rent boys from the carry on of their oligarch Russian owner who seemed to hire players with the actual money involved of no consequence.
      That has been going on since what's his face bought the club many,many years ago, the BBC is turning into the shitrag with a licence.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #248: Aug 15, 2021 12:23:59 pm
      Fcuk sake really. In that case Grealish at the moment in the Premier league  :lmao:

:lmao:

Very true.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #249: Aug 15, 2021 12:36:57 pm
      Enjoyed that.

Nice to be back at it.

We looked pretty good for the first game of the season, some nice moves, pretty solid at the back.
      A solid start
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #250: Aug 15, 2021 02:18:16 pm

The club's own LGBTQ community reps have asked for it to be binned. So that along with the no history chant should get swerved when they come to town in a few weeks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #251: Aug 15, 2021 02:24:07 pm
      They also reported on "homophobic chanting" directed at an ex-Chelsea player, the chant was of course "rent boy" which could by some misinterpreted,  malformed  logic be interpreted as a poke (excuse the pun) at gay people.
      We all know Chelsea was known as a club of rent boys from the carry on of their oligarch Russian owner who seemed to hire players with the actual money involved of no consequence.
      That has been going on since what's his face bought the club many,many years ago, the BBC is turning into the shitrag with a licence.

Again our club's own LGBTQ supporters group Kop Outs are asking for it to be binned. Apparently the chant is really from when a Chelsea Headhunter was arrested in a morning raid in the early to mid 80s. And in said morning raid, the Chelsea Headhunter was found in bed with a rent boy. It's a grim chant along with the no history one that needs binning. It's nothing to do with the BBC, it's to do with a section of our own fans not being comfortable with it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #252: Aug 15, 2021 02:27:24 pm

Talikng sh*te here Keith and tbh F**k all to do with you tbh. Our own fans, not F***ing snowflakes, actual gay Liverpool fans are not comfortable with it. For that reason alone it needs F***ing off.

Quick Reply