Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson Becker
      3 (3.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      72 (79.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Aug 18, 2021 07:20:31 pm

Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17201 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Aug 16, 2021 07:50:19 am
      We had this conversation with a team I coach.
      Asked the girls (mixed team) how they felt about us using "lads" "guys" as a reference when talking about the team in general.
      Other coach (woman) uses them when coaching all girls teams.
      Everyone was fine with it. Social media trying to stoke flames a lot of the time with this stuff I think.

That's exactly what it is mate. Social media exceptional good along with the people paid ( snowflakes ) to upset people in general.

Yeah you lads!! ( hope that doesn't offended you  :D )) got off to a great start. Only 90 mins played but least City haven't come out fighting........ Just yet.  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #300: Aug 16, 2021 08:03:36 am

I’m as tolerant as the next bloke mate, and yes I am aware that society has changed over the years, and most ppl’s have  changed with it,  but there still exists the freedom of speech or has that been discreetly gotten rid of too, we are all supposedly living in a democracy where you can ‘speak out loud with doubts or fears’, as Roger Waters once sang about, that’s what our forefathers fought and died for in two world wars,

Are we all being corralled into believing we all love each other despite our race colour or creed, cos that ain’t never gonna happen and that is the major hiccup in all this politically correctness,

We are NOT all one and the same, we don’t have all the same beliefs or understanding’s and that’s what makes us all so special no matter where your from, where your at or what you believe in, in short we are all different, each and every single one of us, so trying to make us all tolerant of each other, where differing cultures exist, or different ways of living our lives differ from someone else, we will always have conflicting views and/or opinions and that’s how it should be, the politically correct brigade have their own agenda, and it’s so different from what we all experience in the real world.

I’m just about to enter into my 60’s and I’m so grateful for the life I have had so far, the freedom to express what I believe in, to have the freedom to call a ‘snowflake’ a Snowflake if I so wish without the PC brigade making me feel guilty in case of offence, that’s not what our forefathers fought and died for, they made the ultimate sacrifices so as you and I can speak freely and live our lives as it should be, and not be dictated to.

Y  N  W  A

Free speech is alive and well

But with free speech comes responsibility to act and speak respectfully

That doesn’t mean people can just throw insults at others and then when someone takes offence to that insult gets called a snowflake etc etc

We aren’t all one but we are all in one place and I would hope there is at least respect for other peoples views and wishes
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #301: Aug 16, 2021 08:20:29 am

Free speech is alive and well

But with free speech comes responsibility to act and speak respectfully

That doesn’t mean people can just throw insults at others and then when someone takes offence to that insult gets called a snowflake etc etc

We aren’t all one but we are all in one place and I would hope there is at least respect for other peoples views and wishes

I get called a manc cnut all the time. Is that offensive?? Is that acceptable ?? Please do give me your opinion??

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #302: Aug 16, 2021 08:59:16 am
      I get called a manc cnut all the time. Is that offensive?? Is that acceptable ?? Please do give me your opinion??

Yes it is offensive and if you feel offended by it then you raise it 🤷‍♂️
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #303: Aug 16, 2021 09:11:03 am
      I get called a manc cnut all the time. Is that offensive??

Nope, that's just a fact Keith!!!!

That's encyclopedic.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #304: Aug 16, 2021 09:25:14 am

Absolutely, and I think everyone on here would fully support a persons right to be offended :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #305: Aug 16, 2021 10:36:39 am

That's where you and I may differ. I don't find it offensive in anyway shape or form, just like my Scouse mates when I call them a Scouse Cnut. The majority take it as banter. Myself and Ian ( Aussie red ) take the p!ss out of each other nearly every time we post.  ;D

I will admit to be guilty of one thing though, catching up with the times but that doesn't make me racist in any shape or form.

It won't happen in my time but how long will it be before you can't call a Liverpool- Man United- Newcastle fan Scousers- Mancs - Geordies without the snowflakes being offended by it.

I've never seen you come out in my defence Liverpool fans calling me a manc cnut (( nor do I want you too ))  yet you call me for using the term snowflake.  If your going to support a corse it should be across the board and not just the ones that suit your agenda.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #306: Aug 16, 2021 10:38:54 am
      Nope, that's just a fact Keith!!!!

That's encyclopedic.

Agreed, was waiting for Lallana to answer so I could post accordingly.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #307: Aug 16, 2021 10:48:43 am
      That's where you and I may differ. I don't find it offensive in anyway shape or form, just like my Scouse mates when I call them a Scouse Cnut. The majority take it as banter. Myself and Ian ( Aussie red ) take the p!ss out of each other nearly every time we post.  ;D

I will admit to be guilty of one thing though, catching up with the times but that doesn't make me racist in any shape or form.

It won't happen in my time but how long will it be before you can't call a Liverpool- Man United- Newcastle fan Scousers- Mancs - Geordies without the snowflakes being offended by it.

I've never seen you come out in my defence Liverpool fans calling me a manc cnut (( nor do I want you too ))  yet you call me for using the term snowflake.  If your going to support a corse it should be across the board and not just the ones that suit your agenda.

If you don’t find it offensive then fine - it’s always about context and the company you are in

Cnut is commonly used insult - that’s just a fact

Simple question - do you think you could just all someone you don’t know a Cnut ? Of course not - it’s insulting at the end of the day

You can’t compare to regional “nicknames” - Geordie , scouse , etc arent derogatory terms on their own

And I don’t recall you being called racist etc

But you used the term “snowflake” as an insult and you used it against people who just share a different opinion to you

As I said there are two types - ones who are looking to be offended and ones who are offended.

Here is an idea - maybe just don’t use things like snowflakes etc 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #308: Aug 16, 2021 10:57:48 am

Here is an idea - maybe just don’t use things like snowflakes etc 

Not happening, just like the terms  Manc cnuts/Scouse cnuts. It's not racist/ offensive or what ever you want to call it ( to the majority) Banter in football is here to stay no matter what bots in social media define what's acceptable or not.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #309: Aug 16, 2021 11:04:24 am
      Not happening, just like the terms  Manc cnuts/Scouse cnuts. It's not racist/ offensive or what ever you want to call it ( to the majority) Banter in football is here to stay no matter what bots in social media define what's acceptable or not.

Then don’t be surprised when people get offended - just because you may see it as “banter” doesn’t mean it’s not insulting depending on who you are aiming the comment at

If you call someone you don’t know a “scouse Cnut” - you don’t be surprised if you get a negative response
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #310: Aug 16, 2021 11:04:54 am
      These last few pages were fun reading. :roll:

Only seen the highlights so difficult to tell exactly the shape were in but I have a feeling were going to win the league.

The boys look hungry and up for it especially with the fans back. Salah in particular I think is going to have a storming season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #311: Aug 16, 2021 11:07:43 am

Only seen the highlights so difficult to tell exactly the shape were in but I have a feeling were going to win the league.

The boys look hungry and up for it especially with the fans back. Salah in particular I think is going to have a storming season.

I think Chelsea will give us a run for our money this season, City look shaky already & adding Kane to the team won’t help much on my opinion..

Keep an eye on Everton taking points off our rivals..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #312: Aug 16, 2021 11:09:02 am
      I think Chelsea will give us a run for our money this season, City look shaky already & adding Kane to the team won’t help much on my opinion..

Keep an eye on Everton taking points off our rivals..

Chelsea under Tuchel will be a threat.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #313: Aug 16, 2021 11:10:04 am

Your top 11 more than capable of winning the league Si. Stay injury free and you'll be fighting it out with City again. Problem is it's almost impossible to go a season without a couple of serious injuries to key players. Because you haven't a bench it's your only downfall.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #314: Aug 16, 2021 11:12:53 am
      Chelsea under Tuchel will be a threat.

Yup, he’s got them well drilled & they love playing for him...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #315: Aug 16, 2021 11:15:01 am

Then don’t be surprised when people get offended - just because you may see it as “banter” doesn’t mean it’s not insulting depending on who you are aiming the comment at

If you call someone you don’t know a “scouse Cnut” - you don’t be surprised if you get a negative response

I'll never be surprised at Snownflakes being offended.

It really is time to move on now because it has become a spoiler for Liverpool's winning start. HR Hasn't made any more post, he threw the bait in and then left us all to squabble.  ;D

Have a good day..

Defo last post on this thread about Snowflakes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #316: Aug 16, 2021 11:15:33 am
      Your top 11 more than capable of winning the league Si. Stay injury free and you'll be fighting it out with City again. Problem is it's almost impossible to go a season without a couple of serious injuries to key players. Because you haven't a bench it's your only downfall.

Nonsense.

Our immediate bench is as strong as anyone's.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #317: Aug 16, 2021 11:16:20 am
      Nonsense.

5 of them played on Saturday and were comfortable
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #318: Aug 16, 2021 11:16:51 am
      Nonsense.

Bloody he'll Si not like you wearing rose tinted glasses.  :D So you can match City then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #319: Aug 16, 2021 11:17:27 am

5 of them played on Saturday and were comfortable

Exactly. We won comfortably without a single one of our first choice midfield, our main 9, first choice LB and big summer signing at CB.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #320: Aug 16, 2021 11:17:35 am
      Bloody he'll Si not like you wearing rose tinted glasses.  :D So you can match City then.

Yes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #321: Aug 16, 2021 11:22:39 am

Will leave it at that then  ;D

Quick Reply