Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson Becker
      3 (3.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      72 (79.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Aug 18, 2021 07:20:31 pm

Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17225 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Re: Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Aug 16, 2021 11:49:23 am

City have spent more money and have bigger name players on the whole but our bench is just as strong for what we need it for to challenge.

Kelleher
      Konate
      Gomez
      Tsimikas
      Keita
      Milner
      Chamberlain
      Elliott
      Jota

That's a possible bench for us this season
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #323: Aug 16, 2021 12:03:04 pm
      City have spent more money and have bigger name players on the whole but our bench is just as strong for what we need it for to challenge.

Kelleher
      Konate
      Gomez
      Tsimikas
      Keita
      Milner
      Chamberlain
      Elliott
      Jota

That's a possible bench for us this season

Jota most  ( IMHO) definitely not a bench player for me Si. He'd be in my first 11 all the time.

Jury out on Konate but will be no surprise if he does make the first 11. However, yeah I'd agree with him.

Chamberlain not good enough and never has been for me. Kelleher average, Keita always lame, Milner best days are gone and can't do 90 mins, Tsimikas early days but like what I've seen so far. Gomez very poor last season and remains to be seen how he's got over yet another injury. Elliott I've yet to decided on.

Hardly mouth watering when you look at city's bench on Sunday.
      Walker-Stones-Jesus-Zinchenko-Laporte-De Bruyne-Silva.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #324: Aug 16, 2021 12:03:49 pm
      Your top 11 more than capable of winning the league Si. Stay injury free and you'll be fighting it out with City again. Problem is it's almost impossible to go a season without a couple of serious injuries to key players. Because you haven't a bench it's your only downfall.

Your talking bollocks again Keith, all this snowflake talk, politically in-correctness and your double brackets bullshit will never mask your Manure cuntiness, our bench incidentally is a lot stronger than last season, not that that is a bench mark, but it is stronger and more experienced than in 19/20,

It has been well documented that the likes of Naby, Ox in particular were hardly pulling up trees, neither are shoe in starters but do have experience and will have a bigger impact from the bench than before, you can add Milner, Henderson, Jones, Jota, Matip, Konate, Gomez and wee Harvey to that list too, nobody’s arse will be a stranger to the Anfield benches this season with everyone being given a rest at some point or another, as a squad we are as close to having two players for each position with the minimum level of quality at our disposal, eg; Tsimikas for Robbo,

Just admit it Keith, your f***in bricking it, cos deep down you know we are as every bit as dangerous as Citeh and the likelihood is your lot will return to your hasbeen status once we are back on our perch, get used to it ya Manc pr**k, you know it’s coming your way very soon !!

Y  N  W  A
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #325: Aug 16, 2021 12:06:46 pm
      Jota most  ( IMHO) definitely not a bench player for me Si. He'd be in my first 11 all the time.

Jury out on Konate but will be no surprise if he does make the first 11. However, yeah I'd agree with him.

Chamberlain not good enough and never has been for me. Kelleher average, Keita always lame, Milner best days are gone and can't do 90 mins, Tsimikas early days but like what I've seen so far. Gomez very poor last season and remains to be seen how he's got over yet another injury. Elliott I've yet to decided on.

We'll see.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #326: Aug 16, 2021 12:28:01 pm

Your talking bollocks again Keith, all this snowflake talk, politically in-correctness and your double brackets bullshit will never mask your Manure cuntiness, our bench incidentally is a lot stronger than last season, not that that is a bench mark, but it is stronger and more experienced than in 19/20,

It has been well documented that the likes of Naby, Ox in particular were hardly pulling up trees, neither are shoe in starters but do have experience and will have a bigger impact from the bench than before, you can add Milner, Henderson, Jones, Jota, Matip, Konate, Gomez and wee Harvey to that list too, nobody’s arse will be a stranger to the Anfield benches this season with everyone being given a rest at some point or another, as a squad we are as close to having two players for each position with the minimum level of quality at our disposal, eg; Tsimikas for Robbo,

Just admit it Keith, your f***in bricking it, cos deep down you know we are as every bit as dangerous as Citeh and the likelihood is your lot will return to your hasbeen status once we are back on our perch, get used to it ya Manc P**ck, you know it’s coming your way very soon !!

Y  N  W  A

Not at all talking bollocks but just reading some from your post is  ;D  It's far to early to be bricking it, if your top at Christmas then maybe so but not at the moment. Now get some work done you Scouse Cnut.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #327: Aug 16, 2021 12:41:32 pm

Sorry to stay off topic but I meant to pick up on this as well.

Walker, Stones, Jesus and Zinchenko are no better than any of our players and for the money they cost I'd have our lads all day every day.

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2021 01:05:54 pm by srslfc »
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #328: Aug 16, 2021 12:54:26 pm
      Exactly. We won comfortably without a single one of our first choice midfield, our main 9, first choice LB and big summer signing at CB.

It might have been a bit more uncomfortable if AOC had not come off.
      We were 1 up, Fab and Bob came on, and we took proper control and got 2 more.
      The guy was a passenger, and there's always a risk at just 1 up.

But yea, even with just 1 of our first choice making an appearance, we won 3-0.
      We'll come up against far harder tests than Norwich, but it was a solid win, clean sheet etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #329: Aug 16, 2021 01:00:08 pm
      Bloody he'll Si not like you wearing rose tinted glasses.  :D So you can match City then.

You have a weird hard-on for City. Are they a deep team? Sure, but they aren’t unbeatable. We have a pretty good team ourselves and if not for a crazy year of injuries we could have pushed them last year. You are on a Liverpool forum, not a City one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #330: Aug 16, 2021 01:04:03 pm
      It’s weird enough having a someone on this forum who supports the scum. Now we have someone that supports the scum but big ups City…..on a Liverpool forum FFS. 🤦🏻‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #331: Aug 16, 2021 01:11:45 pm
      You have a weird hard-on for City. Are they a deep team? Sure, but they aren’t unbeatable. We have a pretty good team ourselves and if not for a crazy year of injuries we could have pushed them last year. You are on a Liverpool forum, not a City one.

Not at all, it's just a reality check on paper. I certainly hope your right and they don't win the league. It's just my opinion the way things stand City are favs to win the league, it's not bigging them up, just my thoughts.

You do have a fantastic 11 players that can win the league if they all stay sound, I just think the probability of that happening are slim, nothing more, nothing less.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #332: Aug 16, 2021 01:16:45 pm

You do have a fantastic 11 players that can win the league if they all stay sound, I just think the probability of that happening are slim, nothing more, nothing less.

What makes you give City better odds on a injury free season than us Keith..?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #333: Aug 16, 2021 01:23:22 pm
      What makes you give City better odds on a injury free season than us Keith..?

I don't Shabs, it's that blasted bench they have. I'm of the opinion it's far superior than any other in the league. Now I'm not saying you can't win, far from it. You proved with the  same 11 players two years ago more than capable. However, you had very few injuries when you won the league. More and more I'm thinking it's becoming a squad game and not just your best 11.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #334: Aug 16, 2021 01:25:28 pm
      But City have the strength to replace the potential injuries with quality where as we don't.

That's basically what I'm saying but some disagree.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #335: Aug 16, 2021 01:29:41 pm
      But City have the strength to replace the potential injuries with quality where as we don't.

How did that pan out when they lost Laporte and collapsed ?

How did that work out this weekend ?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #336: Aug 16, 2021 01:40:06 pm
      How did that pan out when they lost Laporte and collapsed ?

How did that work out this weekend ?

They've strengthened since they lost the league with Laporte missing.

This weekend they lost because a lack of striker. They'll sign Kane dw.

This league needs a strong squad not just an 11. Our bench is very weak.

We're here now so nothing we can do but cheer the boys on and hope for the best finish we can get.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #337: Aug 16, 2021 01:53:04 pm
      They've strengthened since they lost the league with Laporte missing.

This weekend they lost because a lack of striker. They'll sign Kane dw.

This league needs a strong squad not just an 11. Our bench is very weak.

We're here now so nothing we can do but cheer the boys on and hope for the best finish we can get.

And if they don’t sign Kane as it appears he has been included in Spurs European squad
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #338: Aug 16, 2021 01:58:35 pm
      It’s weird enough having a someone on this forum who supports the scum. Now we have someone that supports the scum but big ups City…..on a Liverpool forum FFS. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dont think he's the only one who's worried City are buying themselves well out of reach of the rest. The only way to stop them is to do what we did the season before last and get close to 100 points.

I think we are a better team than last year but not as good as the season before. I think our points tally will be somewhere in the middle of last seasons total and the seasons before that.

2nd or 3rd place and you'd have to say that's a fair total considering the money being thrown about and how little we have strengthened in the last 3 windows.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #339: Aug 16, 2021 02:20:00 pm
      And if they don’t sign Kane as it appears he has been included in Spurs European squad

Doesn't stop him playing in Old Big ears for another  team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #340: Aug 16, 2021 02:30:18 pm
      Doesn't stop him playing in Old Big ears for another  team.

They aren’t going to sell Kane now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #341: Aug 16, 2021 02:40:07 pm

That I simple don't know. I'm on the fence  50/50
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #342: Aug 16, 2021 02:49:52 pm

They can and the probably will, Levy is holding out for as much as he can get, City know they need a striker and will play the waiting game,  meanwhile Kane will hang on in there knowing a City bid is imminent,  he's done at Spuds and clearly wants out,
      Spuds were quite impressive yesterday without Kane so plenty food for thought for Nuno, the sticking point being he won't have time if any to bring in a replacement, possibly Jiminez but Wolves would dig their heels in too,

I think we'll see Kane at the Emptihad before the 31st, it's almost inevitable!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #343: Aug 16, 2021 02:54:37 pm

They can and the probably will, Levy is holding out for as much as he can get, City know they need a striker and will play the waiting game,  meanwhile Kane will hang on in there knowing a City bid is imminent,  he's done at Spuds and clearly wants out,
      Spuds were quite impressive yesterday without Kane so plenty food for thought for Nuno, the sticking point being he won't have time if any to bring in a replacement, possibly Jiminez but Wolves would dig their heels in too,

I think we'll see Kane at the Emptihad before the 31st, it's almost inevitable!!

I don’t think they will now , it’s just too late in the day now
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #344: Aug 16, 2021 03:21:40 pm
      They can sell Kane and we'll sell them Origi for half of what they get.

Quick Reply