Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson Becker
      3 (3.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      72 (79.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Aug 18, 2021 07:20:31 pm

Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17217 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Aug 19, 2021 08:56:53 pm
      Quote from Richard88
      It is a strong bench, and certainly better than a lot of the benches we've seen in recent years. But if one were to nitpick there are still areas to improve that bench.

For starters Kelleher isn't convincing as backup. In his last preseason start he conceded four goals from four shots on target.

The other position in the squad where we would see a dropoff if the starter got injured would be RB. Unlike LB where we have a senior LB backing up Robertson in Tsimikas, the RB spot doesn't have a legit backup for Trent.

The midfield is strong, but a little bit brittle.

I don't know how much of the pre season games you watched, but if you did so, you will know that Kelleher conceded 1 goal in his last pre season appearance, and 3 in total in his 4 pre season games. He is now the cup goalkeeper by default, so if we have any more penalty shoot outs in them, I can trust him to go the right way and make saves, more than Allisson who just jumps out of the way whenever he has to face one.

If anything happens at right back, Neco is next in line, and if he isn't available, Gomez can fill in. It was the first position he played in when he signed for the club. We are light at left back. Robbo is at least out for a month or two, if Tsimikas breaks down again, we'll need Milner to step in there, as there's nobody else.

We have players to come back and strengthen the midfield. While I don't really want Shaq to abandon ship, the reality is Elliott is now ahead of him. Upfront we currently have 6 strikers for 3 spots. If that isn't enough, then I don't know what is.

After reviewing the posts on the last couple of pages, it's clear and obvious that we won the game.

From watching pre season, it was clear and obvious that VVD was ready for action, so he was straight in on Day 1. 3 goals, 3 points on the board, 3 points clear of City, 9 wins in the last 11 league games, 29 points from the last 33 available. How dare the pundits write us off in mid-August.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #369: Aug 19, 2021 09:11:08 pm
      I don't know how much of the pre season games you watched, but if you did so, you will know that Kelleher conceded 1 goal in his last pre season appearance, and 3 in total in his 4 pre season games. He is now the cup goalkeeper by default, so if we have any more penalty shoot outs in them, I can trust him to go the right way and make saves, more than Allisson who just jumps out of the way whenever he has to face one.

If anything happens at right back, Neco is next in line, and if he isn't available, Gomez can fill in. It was the first position he played in when he signed for the club. We are light at left back. Robbo is at least out for a month or two, if Tsimikas breaks down again, we'll need Milner to step in there, as there's nobody else.

We have players to come back and strengthen the midfield. While I don't really want Shaq to abandon ship, the reality is Elliott is now ahead of him. Upfront we currently have 6 strikers for 3 spots. If that isn't enough, then I don't know what is.

After reviewing the posts on the last couple of pages, it's clear and obvious that we won the game.

From watching pre season, it was clear and obvious that VVD was ready for action, so he was straight in on Day 1. 3 goals, 3 points on the board, 3 points clear of City, 9 wins in the last 11 league games, 29 points from the last 33 available. How dare the pundits write us off in mid-August.
      Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Regarding Kelleher, you're right, he didn't concede 4 goals. I overlooked that Adrian played the 2nd half against Hertha. I'm fine with him playing the cups, but I'm weary of him being the backup incase Alisson misses PL/CL games.

6 strikers is certainly enough on paper, but I do wonder whether using one of the 17 international player squad spaces on Origi is the best use of the squad, both short term and long term. The club might be better served having a younger player with potential in that spot as the 5th/6th forward.

Lastly I completely share your thoughts on pundits not having Liverpool as more of a favourite. This is the team that got close to 100 points two seasons in a row just 1-2 years ago. And the team is now stronger for having added Konate, Thiago, and Jota on top of a title winning side. Last seasons chaos obviously plays its part in shaping those opinions, but this is a team that can make a lot of pundits look pretty foolish pretty soon. They've already proven that they can win at Chelsea (multiple times recently), and there's no reason why this team can't go into the first international break with 9 points and having made a statement of intent about staking a serious challenge this season.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #370: Aug 20, 2021 06:15:37 pm

Robbo out for a month or two ? Will be fit for Chavs game

Quick Reply