Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      4 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      11 (12.5%)
      Joel Matip
      15 (17%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      32 (36.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      12 (13.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      5 (5.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Aug 25, 2021 02:24:01 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11976 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Burnley
      Reply #253: Aug 21, 2021 02:30:08 pm
      A bit unfair on Robbo there, he didn't lose his place because of poor play and I for one think he's better than Kostas, who is weaker defensively and prone to the odd brain fart!

Robbo will start when be is fit.

Good to see we have solid cover.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,097 posts | 83 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #254: Aug 21, 2021 02:31:12 pm
      You could see today how important that 2nd goal is. Those Burnleys will always have this one top chance, so you need some space.

Kostas > Robbo because his corners and crosses are just better. Still I do not like someone injured to lose his place because of it, so if Robbo comes back I'd still give him the starting job back. What do you think?

Elliott  :-* This dude is a real deal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #255: Aug 21, 2021 02:31:35 pm

Great to see him tangle with those two oafs, and come away with the ball. 😂😂😂😂
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #256: Aug 21, 2021 02:32:07 pm
      A bit unfair on Robbo there, he didn't lose his place because of poor play and I for one think he's better than Kostas, who is weaker defensively and prone to the odd brain fart!
      Obviously, but Kostas has stepped up when needed and I think it would be unfair to bench him now, he defo deserves at least another start.
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts | 116 
      Reply #257: Aug 21, 2021 02:33:43 pm
      Obviously, but Kostas has stepped up when needed and I think it would be unfair to bench him now, he defo deserves at least another start.

I think Robbo stepped up all last season!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #258: Aug 21, 2021 02:33:59 pm
      Comms ignored it, but Trent limping heavily at full time. Hopefully it is nothing serious. He showed again how important he is to us.

Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #259: Aug 21, 2021 02:34:42 pm
      Jota and Tsimikas had excellent performances in front of a full Anfield for the first time. Thiago also had a nice cameo in his first appearance as well.

And Elliott, lovely game. An assist on the disallowed goal, and a lovely take on the long-ball to create the Mane goal. It's easy to see why Klopp wants this boy as a permanent fixture in his first team squad.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #260: Aug 21, 2021 02:35:06 pm
      I think Robbo stepped up all last season!
      He did, and don’t get me wrong, after Bobby, Robbo is my second favourite player, but in this moment, Kostas is performing and performing well, you don’t take someone out the team who’s on a role, his crossing is immaculate.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #261: Aug 21, 2021 02:36:37 pm
      Happy with that. Good performance against strong arm tactics. Cream always rises to the top as they say.
      Sloppy at times, brilliant at times. Mixed bag, but three points. Have to think hard about motm for this one.
      Yep cream will always float & sh*t will always sink as the case was today .
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #262: Aug 21, 2021 02:37:10 pm
      Hilarious how Gudmunsen didn't even get a yellow for the judo tackle on Jota. Since when is a bear hug and martial arts allowed?  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #263: Aug 21, 2021 02:38:41 pm
      Would like Burnley to get relegated this season. Fed up of their crappy style of play.

Pope time wasting after 5 mins, the constant fouls, Gudmondson holding his face trying to con the ref when Kostas didn’t even touch his face.

Mo unlucky not to score; cleared off the line and Mane could’ve played him in but turned back on himself instead.

Good enough performance against a dog of a team. Alisson looking really good and full of confidence again with a proper defence in front of him. Elliott, Kostas, Keita etc all done well.

Just need to be more clinical. But 6/6, 2 clean sheets and can relax for the weekend now knowing any rival teams dropping points is a bonus. Job done until the Chavs next week.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #264: Aug 21, 2021 02:38:52 pm
      Everyone talks about VVD but Matip is literally ridiculous, he’s so f**king good
      Said it many many times mate he never ever lets us down or LFC .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #265: Aug 21, 2021 02:40:02 pm
      Hilarious how Gudmunsen didn't even get a yellow for the judo tackle on Jota. Since when is a bear hug and martial arts allowed?  :lmao:

The stuff Mike Dean doesn't see or ignores ...mo had a through ball late that would have put Mane in on goal, blatant knocked away with the hand of a Burnley player. Nothing.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #266: Aug 21, 2021 02:43:57 pm

F***ing joke to be honest, Burnley were very physical today and some tackles deserved at least a yellow.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #267: Aug 21, 2021 02:51:01 pm
      Great to see him tangle with those two oafs, and come away with the ball. 😂😂😂😂

Was it not 3 oafs :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #268: Aug 21, 2021 02:51:19 pm
      Good steady start, 2 out of 2 with plenty in the tank to call upon against better sides, don't think we will see our best until after game 6 or 7, but plenty of encouragement so far , young Harvey showing how good he is and not looking out of place,  Kostas excellent and will give Robbo a run for his money,  Matip the stand out cb and great to see him back at his best, Naby giving another solid performance and just needs to stay fit, and everyone else just solid and easing their way towards maximum match fitness,  it's another 90 mins behind them without any injury concerns,
      Great to see Joe get a couple of minutes likewise Thiago and Bobby,

We are looking good without being flattering, of course as time goes on we will have to go through the gears, very encouraging signs that we are on the right track even if it is early days yet !!

YNWA
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #269: Aug 21, 2021 02:55:32 pm
      Agree with Klopp's comments after the game, refs are letting too much go.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 399 posts | 145 
      Reply #270: Aug 21, 2021 03:00:01 pm
      Mane had a shot on his left foot that went straight at Pope. Had Mane spotted Salah he was wide open and could have been clean through in the six yard box for an easy goal.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #271: Aug 21, 2021 03:11:34 pm
      Jürgen is going to have a hard job selecting a team from this squad ! Great performances today from the lads ,Such a nice feeling to have VVD and MATIP back  ,good way to start a season 👍
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 516 
      Reply #272: Aug 21, 2021 03:20:23 pm
      Only saw the last half hour, but thought we looked close to our best. The late subs seemed to throw us out of our shape and control of possession though - we suddenly gave away a string of chances in the last 5 minutes that could have let Burnley back in. Couple of great saves from Alisson.

Tsimikas looking good for us, but he is not going to take Robbo's starting place - nice to have him as back up though. More of a question is whether Jota is now ahead of Bobby for the CF position? Yes, in my opinion. More surprising would be if Elliot could get ahead of Thiago for a CM place, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out, he is looking good. (I think the emergence of Elliot may mean us looking to offload Ox - don't think we need him, Elliot and Jones all in the squad.)

Won't vote for MOTM as i only saw 30 minutes, but would have been between Virgil and Joel for those 30 minutes.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #273: Aug 21, 2021 03:40:04 pm
      Only saw the last half hour, but thought we looked close to our best. The late subs seemed to throw us out of our shape and control of possession though - we suddenly gave away a string of chances in the last 5 minutes that could have let Burnley back in. Couple of great saves from Alisson.

Tsimikas looking good for us, but he is not going to take Robbo's starting place - nice to have him as back up though. More of a question is whether Jota is now ahead of Bobby for the CF position? Yes, in my opinion. More surprising would be if Elliot could get ahead of Thiago for a CM place, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out, he is looking good. (I think the emergence of Elliot may mean us looking to offload Ox - don't think we need him, Elliot and Jones all in the squad.)

Won't vote for MOTM as i only saw 30 minutes, but would have been between Virgil and Joel for those 30 minutes.

Yea Kostas has done well so far, but Robbo comes back in when fit.
      Elliot did well, and should improve with games. Keita did fine, and was great to have Hendo back.
      Agree we lost a bit of shape when the subs came on, Thiago gave the ball away a couple of times to give them breaks, but it was a fast game and he hasn't played.

Defense in general was really good, I'd probably shade it to VVD based on some of his forward passes, but Matip was great aswell. Brilliant to have them both back :)  And to see Joe come on even for a few mins.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,097 posts | 83 
      Reply #274: Aug 21, 2021 03:42:25 pm
      (I think the emergence of Elliot may mean us looking to offload Ox - don't think we need him, Elliot and Jones all in the squad.)

True. Ox is probably gone in January if he wants regular football, just like Shaq.

In our midfield Hendo and Fab are set, but then honestly I‘d already play Elliott before! Keita before Thiago/Jones.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #275: Aug 21, 2021 03:53:34 pm
      Kostas played with well, cover for Robby and can afford to rest him for a few games

Quick Reply