Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      4 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      11 (12.5%)
      Joel Matip
      15 (17%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      32 (36.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      12 (13.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      5 (5.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Aug 25, 2021 02:24:01 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11668 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Aug 21, 2021 10:08:40 pm
      Sitting top of the pile, where we belong. The Bitters took until game 2 to drop their perfect start.

Let’s hope the Chavs, Spurs and Mancs lose theirs tomorrow too.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #300: Aug 21, 2021 10:12:51 pm
      I'm so sorry for your loss Cas, my heart goes out to you.

You'll Never Walk Alone - I'm sure those stars shine brighter for her presence now.

There will always be a star in the sky shining brightly  as she watches over the Reds and her family.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #301: Aug 21, 2021 10:37:46 pm
      Good win today against a proper throwback to the arl yard-dog teams of yesteryear. What a talent we've got in Harvey Elliot, was superb today. Keita starting to look the part as well. The Greek's corner's are very dangerous, although if Robbo is fit, I'd have him back in against Chelsea.

I get the feeling on the queues, part of the problem is half a dozen queues for different entrances and fans haven't got a clue which queue to join. one snaking past the kop seemed to be for the upper 300 blocks, entrance E was the usual size snaking up to the gate, was in within five minutes.

Seen one start at half-time for the refreshment bar around block 207/208, four lanes and the first lane is snaking past the toilets cos fans were coming down seeing the one queue and joining that.

And can someone explain the science between sitting down and standing up concerning Covid? ;) Was funny hearing half those begging messages from the tannoy asking the Kop to sit down, it ain't F***ing happening.

Good to be back though :laugh:

Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #302: Aug 22, 2021 01:26:31 am
      Watched the match being absolutely full of emotion today as the news filtered through that my sister had died during the early hours this morning, me and my Mum dedicated the win to her, she'd of been made up with that result today with a full Anfield crowd.

RIP Sue You Will Never Walk Alone  :'(

So sorry for your loss 🙏🙏🙏🙏
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #303: Aug 22, 2021 09:51:02 am
      Watched the match being absolutely full of emotion today as the news filtered through that my sister had died during the early hours this morning, me and my Mum dedicated the win to her, she'd of been made up with that result today with a full Anfield crowd.

So so sorry for your loss hun .
      Condolences to yourself and family.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #304: Aug 22, 2021 10:27:54 am

So sorry to hear of your loss x
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #305: Aug 22, 2021 10:36:19 am
      Fantastic win, get it up yi burnley.

MOTM wee harvey, what a performance on his full debut.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #306: Aug 22, 2021 10:59:27 am
      There will always be a star in the sky shining brightly  as she watches over the Reds and her family.

So sorry to hear Cas dear deepest condolences from me an Maria. YNWA. Xx
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #307: Aug 22, 2021 01:56:39 pm
      Jürgen not very impressed with the Premier league reverting to every challenge going unpunished. Him and Dyche have been at loggerheads over tackles and referees almost since their first meeting 5 years ago, when our home game was rescheduled as an away game, we were behind inside 2 minutes and never recovered.

That day, Milner filled in for Moreno at left  back. On this day, Tsimikas filled in for Robbo at left back, but at least he seems to be up to the job. Wonderful cross for Diogo to put us in front, and he stood up to the rugby treatment their forwards dished out to him, along with the rest of the team. TAA hobbled off the field after yet another clatter in injury time. Incredibly for a ref famous for getting his cards out, Dean didn't fish out a single yellow all afternoon. He was the ref the last time they were here and gave a penalty that decided the game. This time, he didn't give any.

Wonderful finish by Mo to get the crucial second goal, or so we thought. It was the first goal to be ruled out by VAR in the league this season, but he was clearly off, so we had to try to wrap it up with a valid goal instead. As time went on the nerves increased, but Mane wrapped up our first home win against them in 3 seasons to put us top of the league. By the time we go to Burnley, hopefully we'll still be there. For now, it's 2 hurdles cleared 36 more to go.

A word for George Sephton, back at Anfield for the game, sounding as though he had never been away. Often the first voice we hear in the stadium on matchday, he has been our PA in the ground now for 50 years. Congratulations George. The job is still yours for as long as you want it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #308: Aug 22, 2021 02:10:20 pm
      Missed your thread-starter today. I hope you haven't permanently retired from those.

No mate, I had my Anniversary's lunch.

Tsimikas largely impressed. VVD is returning to being himself. Alisson's save was stunning.

We had two good matches that were a good foundation for next Saturday.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #309: Aug 22, 2021 02:27:07 pm
      This was our bench yesterday (with Fabinho and Ox both being out for reasons not related to injury and Milner out with a ''slight knock''):  Konate, Thiago, Firmino, Gomez, Adrian, Jones, Minamino, Robbo, Kelleher

This is a very good bench in my opinion. It gives us a lot of flexibility and the opportunity to rotate enough to avoid risking a player with a little injury who needs a few more days to be 100%, etc.

I feel like Keita is key in that lineup. If he stays healthy and can at least give us what Gini gave us (I.E. lots of pressing, lots of tracking back and not losing the ball) then Hendo and Thiago will fight for the remaining spot in midfield. So far he has been much more sober with the ball at his feet. He deploys a lot of his energy and running at pressing the opposition. With the ball at his feet he has been less adventurous but I feel like he also does not shy at creative attempts via good through passes. I also noticed that in the first game he did not try to run at defenders with the ball at his feet (almost like he was told ''press, win the ball and make a safe pass, no more no less''). But then yesterday he seems to have gone for it a few times. I feel like what is most probably happening is that Klopp and his staff want to first and foremost make sure he stays healthy and can compensate for what Gini brought to the team when we dont have the ball (the working horse aspect of a Klopp midfielder) and then gradually give him more freedom to run with the ball at his feet. I am confident that he can stay healthy. The man literally missed 4 games with Leipzig in 2 years before joining us. If he can become injury prone after seemingly being a normal player injury wise then we can surely bring him back to not being injury prone.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #310: Aug 22, 2021 02:27:54 pm

So sorry for your loss
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #311: Aug 22, 2021 03:00:24 pm
      Oh and I wish the club would F**k Carlsberg off. It tastes like piss at the best of times. It's even worse when it's lukewarm. No wonder they were selling it at £2.90. Must of been all the leftovers from last season.

Jibbed that at half time and settled for a San Miguel.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #312: Aug 22, 2021 03:10:21 pm

My condolences to you and the family - it's really sad and does put the footy into context when something like that happens - but all the same, nice they got the job done for her, and am sure she'd have enjoyed it
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #313: Aug 22, 2021 03:39:14 pm
      Elliott didn't loo out of place at all in that midfield.

I think we've went a bit under the radar in the media this summer and the additions from last season added to Konate leaves a really strong squad of players.

Jota really has a goalscorer instinct as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #314: Aug 22, 2021 03:57:08 pm
      Literally didn't get onto it yesterday, only reading it now in the Sunday's that Dyche sent out a team numbered 1 - 11.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #315: Aug 22, 2021 04:00:05 pm
      Literally didn't get onto it yesterday, only reading it now in the Sunday's that Dyche sent out a team numbered 1 - 11.

In a 4 4 2 as well

They really are the most throwback of throwback teams.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #316: Aug 22, 2021 04:02:01 pm
      In a 4 4 2 as well

They really are the most throwback of throwback teams.

Quite literally.

Even from the goal kicks etc early on wasting time, Dyche is deffo the new Allardyce.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #317: Aug 22, 2021 04:02:51 pm
      Quite literally.

Even from the goal kicks etc early on wasting time, Dyche is deffo the new Allardyce.

He thrives on it as well I think.

Can't stand him to be honest.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2021 05:00:36 pm by srslfc »
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #318: Aug 22, 2021 04:44:00 pm
      For the first time in the 21st century a PL team walked out on the field with their numbers being 1-11.
      This sh*t true?
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2021 05:10:39 pm by Pear »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #319: Aug 22, 2021 05:04:19 pm
      For the first time in the 20th century a PL team walked out on the field with their numbers being 1-11.
      This sh*t true?

Yep Burnley are literally from the 20th century!!

While the rest of the footballing world are in the 21st century :laugh:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #320: Aug 22, 2021 05:10:23 pm
      Yep Burnley are literally from the 20th century!!

While the rest of the footballing world are in the 21st century :laugh:
      Damn it, looks like im still in the 20th century.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #321: Aug 22, 2021 06:04:56 pm
      Ha ha ha! Just remembered Ashley Barnes's cocky celebration to the Kop and then him clocking the flag for offside. Too soon you tw*t!

Until the likes of players such as Barnes are put away for good (and preferably kept to non league level) England will win f**k all as a nation.

An abject excuse of a footballer.

Quick Reply