Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      4 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      11 (12.5%)
      Joel Matip
      15 (17%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      32 (36.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      12 (13.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      5 (5.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Aug 25, 2021 02:24:01 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11661 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Aug 22, 2021 10:25:44 pm
      sh*t forgot to come in here and say Get the Fuccck innnnnnnn

Then I saw this post from KS  :'(

Watched the match being absolutely full of emotion today as the news filtered through that my sister had died during the early hours this morning, me and my Mum dedicated the win to her, she'd of been made up with that result today with a full Anfield crowd.

RIP Sue You Will Never Walk Alone  :'(

Oh Hun, am so sorry to hear this sad news.

Condolences to you and your Family Cas. Big hugs coming your way xxx

RIP Sue YNWA
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #323: Aug 22, 2021 10:26:18 pm
      Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who sent such heartfelt messages to me and my family after my Sisters untimely death, I really appreciate your very kind thoughts.

You'll Never Walk Alone.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #324: Aug 22, 2021 10:48:05 pm
      Watched the match being absolutely full of emotion today as the news filtered through that my sister had died during the early hours this morning, me and my Mum dedicated the win to her, she'd of been made up with that result today with a full Anfield crowd.

Incredibly sorry for your loss ,and glad the boys hopefully put a smile on your face with the win .YNWA
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #325: Aug 22, 2021 10:55:44 pm
      Watched the game back again and it was very good thought everyone was excellent but giving MOTM to the Greek he was superb especially when taking the piss out of about 5 of the Burnley lads then nonchalantly flicking the ball to one of ours.👍
      Virgil and Joel were very smooth indeed cool as F**k even and in Harvey Elliot a future star is born how cool and assured was he ??.
      Two ace goals and another clean sheet,bring on the Chavs Saturday night 👍
      Oh and how funny was it seeing that shithouse Ashley Barnes giving it the big one to the kop when he was about 8 miles offside ???? The absolute bell end
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #326: Aug 23, 2021 10:14:06 am
      Good win today against a proper throwback to the arl yard-dog teams of yesteryear. What a talent we've got in Harvey Elliot, was superb today. Keita starting to look the part as well. The Greek's corner's are very dangerous, although if Robbo is fit, I'd have him back in against Chelsea.

I get the feeling on the queues, part of the problem is half a dozen queues for different entrances and fans haven't got a clue which queue to join. one snaking past the kop seemed to be for the upper 300 blocks, entrance E was the usual size snaking up to the gate, was in within five minutes.

Seen one start at half-time for the refreshment bar around block 207/208, four lanes and the first lane is snaking past the toilets cos fans were coming down seeing the one queue and joining that.

And can someone explain the science between sitting down and standing up concerning Covid? ;) Was funny hearing half those begging messages from the tannoy asking the Kop to sit down, it ain't f**king happening.

Good to be back though :laugh:
      MOTM was the Kop for me; relentless from the first minute to the last; was in the front of the King Kenny stand by the Kop. 

Might have been because I was pretty tired (or I'd had a few!), but twice had a tear in my eye even before KO listening to/joining in with the Kop.

Now we've got the fans there, football is back!!

COYR!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #327: Aug 23, 2021 11:48:47 am
      I've watched the match again, and it really is so good to see a talent like Eliott.
      He plays with a maturity well beyong his years, his positioning is great, his passing is good, and he's not afraid to try something.

What I like most though, is that if something doesn't work, he doesn't get frustrated, he doesn't look to hide, he just carries on with the same mentality.

If he keeps pushing himself and developing, he's going to be top notch.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #328: Aug 23, 2021 12:20:45 pm
      MOTM was the Kop for me; relentless from the first minute to the last; was in the front of the King Kenny stand by the Kop. 

Might have been because I was pretty tired (or I'd had a few!), but twice had a tear in my eye even before KO listening to/joining in with the Kop.

Now we've got the fans there, football is back!!

COYR!!!

Got choked meself at start of the game with the Gerry Marsden anthem being sung faultlessly all around the ground, it was sung with real emotion.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #329: Aug 23, 2021 01:07:41 pm
      It was a good win and a clean sheet over the past two games, however, I am still not happy with our defense it was easily penetrated, and against top-quality teams, we wouldn't have the same outcome.  Tsimkas is not only equal to Robbo, but he is quite ahead of him in all departments, it is only pitty Klopp didn't see that quality last season!

Can anybody tell me why Klopp is opted to select two subs-keepers? instead of one as normal with all other clubs he has done that last season, it is beyond me.

Chelsea game will be a stern test for us and I hope we will win.

Good Luck lads
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #330: Aug 23, 2021 01:40:08 pm
      It was a good win and a clean sheet over the past two games, however, I am still not happy with our defense it was easily penetrated, and against top-quality teams, we wouldn't have the same outcome.  Tsimkas is not only equal to Robbo, but he is quite ahead of him in all departments, it is only pitty Klopp didn't see that quality last season!

Can anybody tell me why Klopp is opted to select two subs-keepers? instead of one as normal with all other clubs he has done that last season, it is beyond me.

Good Luck lads

That's an audacious take after two matches, and not really true either is it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #331: Aug 23, 2021 01:49:43 pm
      That's an audacious take after two matches, and not really true either is it?

Crazy shout that.

bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #332: Aug 23, 2021 01:52:53 pm
      At least we have the 2 best left backs in the world now then 😉
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #333: Aug 23, 2021 01:58:45 pm

Condolonses on your loss, Cas.
      RIP Sue
      YNWA
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #334: Aug 23, 2021 05:11:17 pm

Good Luck lads
      Burnley didn't "easily penetrate" our defense. Their xG until that 94th minute chance was around 0.3, showing how comfortable we were defensively against them until the very end when everyone but Alisson switched off with the game essentially already won. At the other end we had an xG of 2.6, easily enough to deserve to win a game comfortably.

Tsimikas does have a better cross and corners than Robertson, and perhaps you could say that he's a bit more technically gifted with dribbles, but it really is a big reach to say that he's better than Robertson in all departments. Robertson is still easily this teams first choice LB and Tsimikas has a long way to go before that changes.

Regarding your point about the two sub goalies, I did think it was a bit strange, but on closer inspection it's not that weird actually. Against Burnley our squad was as follows:

First XI: Alisson; Trent, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Henderson, Keita, Elliott; Mane, Jota, Salah
      Bench: Adrian, Kelleher; Robertson, Gomez, Konate; Thiago, Jones, Minamino
      Missing: Fabinho, Milner, Ox

That means that the only players left out were: Karius, Phillips, Rhys Williams, Neco, Woodburn, Shaqiri, Ojo, and Origi and the teenagers like Gordon.

- Karius obviously wouldn't get included as there's 2 goalies ahead of him already and the club are looking to sell him.
      - Phillips and Rhys Williams would be redundant as there are already two CB's in the squad in Gomez and Konate. The club are also open to offers for Phillips so wouldn't risk injuring him in a game right now.
      - Shaqiri just got sold and was obviously kept out of the squad for that reason.
      - Ojo and Woodburn are clearly on the way out in the next week or so, so no point including them.
      - Origi is also being shopped which would have been the main reason for leaving him out.
      - Neco is the only real odd one here - surely it would make sense to have a RB over a second goalie on the bench given that there were no other RB's in the squad, especially with Milner missing. But then again Neco has been subject to rumours about leaving too so that might be a reason; or it could simply be down to Klopp wanting more from him in training.
      - Lastly, Klopp could have put Gordon or another youngster on the bench, but it's still really early in Gordon's career so the timing isn't right.

Ultimately Klopp didn't see any options worth using instead of rewarding Adrian a bit for a good preseason. With 9 subs it's hardly game-changing as you're unlikely to want to use your 8th or 9th choices anyways. For what it's worth Burnley also had 2 goalies on the bench (Hennessey and Norris) so it's not like it's that uncommon to see that with 9 subs nowadays.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #335: Aug 23, 2021 05:36:01 pm
      Got choked meself at start of the game with the Gerry Marsden anthem being sung faultlessly all around the ground, it was sung with real emotion.

Felt a bit more emotion this time singing it.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #336: Aug 23, 2021 05:38:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your Sister, Cas.

Hope you and your mum enjoyed the match the best you could, YNWA
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #337: Aug 23, 2021 06:09:35 pm
      Burnley didn't "easily penetrate" our defense. Their xG until that 94th minute chance was around 0.3, showing how comfortable we were defensively against them until the very end when everyone but Alisson switched off with the game essentially already won. At the other end we had an xG of 2.6, easily enough to deserve to win a game comfortably.

Tsimikas does have a better cross and corners than Robertson, and perhaps you could say that he's a bit more technically gifted with dribbles, but it really is a big reach to say that he's better than Robertson in all departments. Robertson is still easily this teams first choice LB and Tsimikas has a long way to go before that changes.

Regarding your point about the two sub goalies, I did think it was a bit strange, but on closer inspection it's not that weird actually. Against Burnley our squad was as follows:

First XI: Alisson; Trent, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Henderson, Keita, Elliott; Mane, Jota, Salah
      Bench: Adrian, Kelleher; Robertson, Gomez, Konate; Thiago, Jones, Minamino
      Missing: Fabinho, Milner, Ox

That means that the only players left out were: Karius, Phillips, Rhys Williams, Neco, Woodburn, Shaqiri, Ojo, and Origi and the teenagers like Gordon.

- Karius obviously wouldn't get included as there's 2 goalies ahead of him already and the club are looking to sell him.
      - Phillips and Rhys Williams would be redundant as there are already two CB's in the squad in Gomez and Konate. The club are also open to offers for Phillips so wouldn't risk injuring him in a game right now.
      - Shaqiri just got sold and was obviously kept out of the squad for that reason.
      - Ojo and Woodburn are clearly on the way out in the next week or so, so no point including them.
      - Origi is also being shopped which would have been the main reason for leaving him out.
      - Neco is the only real odd one here - surely it would make sense to have a RB over a second goalie on the bench given that there were no other RB's in the squad, especially with Milner missing. But then again Neco has been subject to rumours about leaving too so that might be a reason; or it could simply be down to Klopp wanting more from him in training.
      - Lastly, Klopp could have put Gordon or another youngster on the bench, but it's still really early in Gordon's career so the timing isn't right.

Ultimately Klopp didn't see any options worth using instead of rewarding Adrian a bit for a good preseason. With 9 subs it's hardly game-changing as you're unlikely to want to use your 8th or 9th choices anyways. For what it's worth Burnley also had 2 goalies on the bench (Hennessey and Norris) so it's not like it's that uncommon to see that with 9 subs nowadays.

Regarding RB, Gomez has played RB plenty before and considering how many CBs we have that is probably who Jürgen sees as Trent’s backup.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #338: Aug 23, 2021 06:51:35 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #339: Aug 23, 2021 07:14:41 pm

Crazy's definitely one word for it.

Bizarre's another
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #340: Aug 23, 2021 07:49:25 pm
      The movement for the second goal was sublime
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #341: Aug 23, 2021 08:57:05 pm
      Felt a bit more emotion this time singing it.

Can well imagine mate.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #342: Aug 24, 2021 12:19:20 pm

Sorry about your loss. As part of this great community, you'll never walk alone. We're here with you.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #343: Aug 24, 2021 08:49:58 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Quite literally.

Even from the goal kicks etc early on wasting time, Dyche is deffo the new Allardyce.

More like Pulis than Allardyce.

Most promoted clubs in this league now try and play passing football. The Leeds and the Norwichs and the Brentfords are a breath of fresh air compared to Burnleys primitive tactics which belong in the Championship, in a league nobody cares about.

There was 49 minutes actual playing time during the game, the lowest amount of any home league game since Jürgen arrived. Only the Christmas horror movie at Watford in 2015 (starring Adam Bogdan, Christian Benteke and Jordan Ibe) had less playing time during the 90 minutes.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #344: Aug 24, 2021 09:02:09 pm
      That gravel munching tw*t dyche having a pop at Jürgen for singling players out by name, same man who accused sturridge of diving

Quick Reply