Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Terry McDermott

Read 4319 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Terry McDermott
      Reply #23: Aug 24, 2021 01:34:52 pm
      So sad to learn of Terry's condition, he is a battler and I'm sure he will fight with all he has against this horrible disease......

....I too have my own battle ahead of me, ive recently learned i have a tumour at the base of my tongue,  biopsies have been taken, had both a MRI & CT scans and right now its a waiting game for the results to find out the severity of said tumour and which treatment the boffins decide is best for me, needless to say it will either be Chemotherapy, radiation or further surgery hasn't yet been ruled out, 

This is the worst time,  the not knowing,  not knowing if in two weeks their telling me I have only months left, or that we have caught it in time and although I'll be going through a real Shitty time i should come through relatively unscathed , hopefully the latter, so please my fellow Reds keep everything you have crossed,  i know my LFC family will be right behind me, and that will be a real positive for the weeks that lie ahead!!

YNWA
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #24: Aug 24, 2021 01:58:28 pm
      So sad to learn of Terry's condition, he is a battler and I'm sure he will fight with all he has against this horrible disease......

....I too have my own battle ahead of me, ive recently learned i have a tumour at the base of my tongue,  biopsies have been taken, had both a MRI & CT scans and right now its a waiting game for the results to find out the severity of said tumour and which treatment the boffins decide is best for me, needless to say it will either be Chemotherapy, radiation or further surgery hasn't yet been ruled out, 

This is the worst time,  the not knowing,  not knowing if in two weeks their telling me I have only months left, or that we have caught it in time and although I'll be going through a real Shitty time i should come through relatively unscathed , hopefully the latter, so please my fellow Reds keep everything you have crossed,  i know my LFC family will be right behind me, and that will be a real positive for the weeks that lie ahead!!

YNWA

Sorry to hear that mate. Got my fingers crossed for you and wishing you all the best 💪🏼
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #25: Aug 24, 2021 02:30:26 pm

YNWA
      Stay strong & positive billy lad,we are all right behind you.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #26: Aug 24, 2021 03:01:13 pm

YNWA
      Fingers crossed Billy
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #27: Aug 24, 2021 04:28:24 pm

YNWA
      All the best Billy
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #28: Aug 24, 2021 11:18:49 pm

YNWA

Oh jeez Billy, I feel for you, after what I've just gone through with losing my Sister, I'm praying for you with all my heart that you can pull through and everything will be ok, please keep us informed hun and fingers crossed for you. Stay strong YNWA.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29: Aug 24, 2021 11:31:45 pm

YNWA

So sorry to hear this billy, hopefully they have caught it in time. My brother's 13 year old stepson is in remission after intensive treatment for cancer in Bristol. He's still there but hopefully be home soon. YNWA
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #30: Aug 25, 2021 09:38:19 pm

YNWA

Too right we're behind you! I wish you well and the strength to cope, our friend.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2021 02:15:17 pm
      Thanks Lads & Ladettes for all of your best wishes & fantastic support, it is very much appreciated and a great comfort knowing you are all behind me.

I will of course keep you updated.

Thank You all .

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2021 03:15:56 pm

YNWA

Just stay positive Billy lad. Believe in your inner self, and you will beat this. be strong. YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2021 04:34:15 pm
      Thanks Lads & Ladettes for all of your best wishes & fantastic support, it is very much appreciated and a great comfort knowing you are all behind me.

I will of course keep you updated.

Thank You all .

YNWA

Stay positive Billy

Got a bunch of fellow fans behind you mate and any time you need a rant pop on here and we will all join in
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2021 04:49:34 pm
      YNWA Billy
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #35: Aug 26, 2021 08:40:57 pm
      Stay strong and positive Billy! YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #36: Sep 02, 2021 07:59:39 pm
      UPDATE…..

Hi guys thought I’d update you all regarding my cancer…..it has been confirmed today that the biopsies taken are indeed cancerous, however, the good news (sort of) is that the tumour I have is treatable and I should make a full recovery…..I will need to go thru both Chemotherapy and Radiation…a kind of mixture of both I understand…but I’ll know more about it on Tuesday when I see the Oncologist…..I had a X-ray taken of my jaw in order to look at the health of my gob, it is likely that all my wee Gnashers will need to be removed before treatment starts, they can’t risk any kind of infection,  none whatsoever, so I could end up look like fookin  Shergar with my new teeth,  i will also need what they call a  ‘PEG’ fitted, which is a tube put through my stomach to allow food and nutrition, it may not be needed but apparently it’s easier to fit prior to treatment,…..so that’s it you know as much as I do …..

…Thanks for being there for me, your support has been most welcome and a great boost the last week or two,  there is no doubt I’m about to have the shittiest of times regarding the chemo/radiation, but I know that you are all behind me and wishing me well, Thank You all.

Y  N  W  A
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #37: Sep 02, 2021 09:18:25 pm
      UPDATE…..

Hi guys thought I’d update you all regarding my cancer…..it has been confirmed today that the biopsies taken are indeed cancerous, however, the good news (sort of) is that the tumour I have is treatable and I should make a full recovery…..I will need to go thru both Chemotherapy and Radiation…a kind of mixture of both I understand…but I’ll know more about it on Tuesday when I see the Oncologist…..I had a X-ray taken of my jaw in order to look at the health of my gob, it is likely that all my wee Gnashers will need to be removed before treatment starts, they can’t risk any kind of infection,  none whatsoever, so I could end up look like fookin  Shergar with my new teeth,  i will also need what they call a  ‘PEG’ fitted, which is a tube put through my stomach to allow food and nutrition, it may not be needed but apparently it’s easier to fit prior to treatment,…..so that’s it you know as much as I do …..

…Thanks for being there for me, your support has been most welcome and a great boost the last week or two,  there is no doubt I’m about to have the shittiest of times regarding the chemo/radiation, but I know that you are all behind me and wishing me well, Thank You all.

Y  N  W  A

Good luck Billy with your treatment. You sound very positive which can only help you through the next chapter of your life.
      Stay strong and keep the belief and good luck.
      Best wishes,
      Mark aka Norfolk Red.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #38: Sep 03, 2021 10:18:10 pm
      UPDATE…..

Y  N  W  A

Your incredibly brave Billy and I tell you something, your brilliant sense of humour will see you through this very difficult period in your life, keeping my fingers crossed for you that all your treatment goes to plan, keep us updated and wishing you all the very best  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Love Cas
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #39: Sep 05, 2021 09:03:35 pm
      Stay strong & positive billy lad,we are all right behind you.

Will Try to add my positve vibes to help you come through this.  Please stay positive Billy
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #40: Sep 06, 2021 01:46:23 pm
      Best of luck, Billy. I'm sure everybody else on the board says the same. I'm sure it is a result of all the shouting you did standing on the Kop all those years ago. Keep you spirits up, mate. We're all shouting for you, and for the other poor footballers who are suffering from various stages of dementia. Ray
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Sep 07, 2021 07:18:26 pm
      UPDATE…..

Y  N  W  A

All the best Billy, take good care of yourself and keep fighting. Good news that it's treatable
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #42: Sep 07, 2021 07:43:11 pm
      UPDATE…..

Y  N  W  A

All the best in your treatment en route to your full recovery Billy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #43: Sep 09, 2021 08:41:27 am
      Update…..

Firstly thank you all for your continued support it truly is appreciated……

On Tuesday I learnt my fate, had a meet with my oncologist, so basically it is a tumour, at the back end of my tongue, it is larger than we first though but still treatable, however it’s location disallows surgery, so it will be zapped using both Chemotherapy and radiation treatment,

Prior to treatment tho, they need to remove all my wee gnashers, under a general anaesthetic (thankfully) and once the swelling subsides they will start to prep me for treatment, ie: they will fit a PEG, into my stomach which will allow food and nutrition,

The treatment itself is administered on a daily basis, it’s called Chemo-Radiation with Cisplatin, Cisplatin being the big dog, so 30 zaps of this sh*t with the chemotherapy should kill off the tumour, but here’s the rub, the side effects are horrendous, or can be, everyone is different so I guess I’ll just need to suck it up and see, I’ve read it changes you as a person, so hopefully I don’t come out the other side as Heimdall,

The good part is, I’ll have a brand new set of chompers, top and bottom, and I won’t care if I look like Methadone Mick from ‘Still Game’, I will have come through this,  the recovery period can be as long as you want it to be, but in general terms 6-8 weeks, however there are no rules, again everyone is different and you take as long as you need, so that’s it guys, your updated, I’m just waiting to hear from the orthodontist for a date, no doubt tho I will have to be covid tested and self isolate three days before the op.

So a Massive Thank You to you all for supporting me, I know you have my back and that is a great comfort,

Thank You.

Y  N  W  A

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #44: Sep 09, 2021 09:21:32 am
      but here’s the rub, the side effects are horrendous, or can be, everyone is different so I guess I’ll just need to suck it up and see, I’ve read it changes you as a person, so hopefully I don’t come out the other side as Heimdall,
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Best of luck Billy; sounds like youre in for a rough ride!  Stay positive.

Y N W A
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #45: Sep 09, 2021 09:43:56 pm
      Update…..

Firstly thank you all for your continued support it truly is appreciated……

On Tuesday I learnt my fate, had a meet with my oncologist, so basically it is a tumour, at the back end of my tongue, it is larger than we first though but still treatable, however it’s location disallows surgery, so it will be zapped using both Chemotherapy and radiation treatment,

Prior to treatment tho, they need to remove all my wee gnashers, under a general anaesthetic (thankfully) and once the swelling subsides they will start to prep me for treatment, ie: they will fit a PEG, into my stomach which will allow food and nutrition,

The treatment itself is administered on a daily basis, it’s called Chemo-Radiation with Cisplatin, Cisplatin being the big dog, so 30 zaps of this sh*t with the chemotherapy should kill off the tumour, but here’s the rub, the side effects are horrendous, or can be, everyone is different so I guess I’ll just need to suck it up and see, I’ve read it changes you as a person, so hopefully I don’t come out the other side as Heimdall,

The good part is, I’ll have a brand new set of chompers, top and bottom, and I won’t care if I look like Methadone Mick from ‘Still Game’, I will have come through this,  the recovery period can be as long as you want it to be, but in general terms 6-8 weeks, however there are no rules, again everyone is different and you take as long as you need, so that’s it guys, your updated, I’m just waiting to hear from the orthodontist for a date, no doubt tho I will have to be covid tested and self isolate three days before the op.

So a Massive Thank You to you all for supporting me, I know you have my back and that is a great comfort,

Thank You.

Y  N  W  A

You are a true inspiration to everyone suffering with this dreadful disease Billy, I'm sure you are scared of everything at this moment but you will get through, we are all behind you hun...stay safe and remember YNWA

Quick Reply