Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Terry McDermott

Read 4369 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Terry McDermott
      Reply #46: Sep 19, 2021 07:27:03 am
      Update….

Thank you everyone, your support is fantastic and very much appreciated, thank you all…

Tomorrow is the day I lose all my wee gnashers, yep, their getting ripped out of that hole in my face and leaving what can only described as a abyss, to say I’m a bit anxious is a understatement if I’m honest but you gotta do what you gotta do to stay alive, to let you understand, the treatment I’ll be having in a week or two is called ChemoRadiation…I’ll be having daily bouts of radiation for 30 days, Monday to Friday for six weeks, with occasional blasts of chemotherapy,

The radiation itself dries your mouth out and therefore your teeth, think Gobi  desert dry, I don’t have the healthiest of teeth and  the radiation can make them crumble and they can become infected, so remove the risk, henceforth no teeth no infection,  you really don’t want any kind of infection when your white blood cells are low, your immune system is severely weakened by the radiation, think how we were last season without Virgil, Joe, Joel, Hendo and Fabinho, this will be me in a few weeks, I believe my treatment will start on the 11th of October, so wish me well, I’ll see you on the other side.

Y  N  W  A
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #47: Sep 19, 2021 07:38:55 am
      Good luck Billy mate and I hope everything goes well.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #48: Sep 19, 2021 01:56:04 pm
      All the best Billy, if your positivity about the reds is anything to go by then you're in a good place to beat this thing. Hope all goes well with your treatment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Sep 19, 2021 02:14:55 pm
      Update….

Thank you everyone, your support is fantastic and very much appreciated, thank you all…

Tomorrow is the day I lose all my wee gnashers, yep, their getting ripped out of that hole in my face and leaving what can only described as a abyss, to say I’m a bit anxious is a understatement if I’m honest but you gotta do what you gotta do to stay alive, to let you understand, the treatment I’ll be having in a week or two is called ChemoRadiation…I’ll be having daily bouts of radiation for 30 days, Monday to Friday for six weeks, with occasional blasts of chemotherapy,

The radiation itself dries your mouth out and therefore your teeth, think Gobi  desert dry, I don’t have the healthiest of teeth and  the radiation can make them crumble and they can become infected, so remove the risk, henceforth no teeth no infection,  you really don’t want any kind of infection when your white blood cells are low, your immune system is severely weakened by the radiation, think how we were last season without Virgil, Joe, Joel, Hendo and Fabinho, this will be me in a few weeks, I believe my treatment will start on the 11th of October, so wish me well, I’ll see you on the other side.

Y  N  W  A

apologies Im just catching up on this thread Billy.

All the best with the treatment mate. YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #50: Sep 19, 2021 05:57:51 pm
      apologies Im just catching up on this thread Billy.

All the best with the treatment mate. YNWA

Likewise.

Apologies for missing this Billy and all the best mate
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #51: Sep 19, 2021 08:22:54 pm
      Billy, so sorry to hear your news,  been through similar with my mother, stay strong family & true friends will get you through this .YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,011 posts | 2087 
      Reply #52: Sep 19, 2021 08:33:56 pm
      Update….

Y  N  W  A

Oh Billy - likewise have missed this thread. Sending you all my best wishes and looking out for you. YNWA! You've got the spirit pal.

Quick Reply