Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool v Porto - Match Discussion

Read 23144 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: Liverpool v Porto - Match Discussion
      Reply #207: Nov 29, 2007 07:24:44 am
      i wore my home torres jersey and my mate at tafe went skitso when i got to Uni, "get that f***in shirt off!" he goes, my reply: "get fuct! just cos your teams crap (arsenal)" hehe
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #208: Nov 29, 2007 07:42:56 am
      For reference from uefa.com:

If two or more teams are level on points they are split by (a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question, (b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (c) higher number of goals scored away from home the group matches played among the teams in question (d) superior goal difference from all matches played, (e) higher number of goals scored, (f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as their association, over the previous five seasons.

If Besiktas win and we draw against Marseille then it will be the head-to-head results between all 3 tied teams and on that basis we go through:

This gets hard to work all this out;  :f_doh:

When we win in Marseille we are in, if we lose we our out, if we draw then its down to how Besiktas get on in Porto.

So a win is a must for us, we will win I'm sure of it.

Just getting my voice back after last night, good game and the atmosphere was incredible for Raffa.

It was hot in the kop last night, and I burned my mouth on a pie at half time;
      you could say I was hot stuff last night.  :cool-smiley-027:

You all have fun.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #209: Nov 29, 2007 07:58:07 am
      Crouchinio....glad you are as releived by the result as the rest of us BUT:

Yossi was poor...neither kept the width or delivered with his constant drifting inside.....

Arbeloa was good except for the ONLY PORTO GOAL! His marking wasn't great.....but I like the lad alot and think he has been an excellent acquisition and could develop into a fantastic reliable servant along the lines of Finnan......

PS Over here in LA there are more and more LFC shirts being worn by the yanks in my pub...knowledge is lacking but the fever is spreading!!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #210: Nov 29, 2007 08:34:30 am
      great result, my throat is sore I cannot speak and I have a frozen shoulder for some reason, and for once I thought the anfield road end was supberb as were all the supporters.

Rafas going nowhere na na ne na na na ne na Rafas going nowhere na na ne na na ne na.

Kewel and Crouchy changed that game for us when they came on a the tactical change by Rafa was a stroke of genius.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #211: Nov 29, 2007 08:58:02 am
      redkenny, I gave you a plus for your post before mate, coz you said everything I wanted to say....there isn't much to put out there....all I can say is I friggin love this club and just know we'll beat Marseilles....I'm sure Djib being the LFC lover that he is won't let us down and hopefully Bolo can add an own goal in there for us as well ;)

Special mentions for me, go to the fans...absolutely fantastic...heard you all night, Torres...this guy is on the way to becoming a major superstar and he's ours. To Rafa for bringing on Harry and Crouchie when he did, changed the game for me   and  a special mention to that w**ker Quaresmo for spilling that crap out of his mouth about making The Kop cry....go and get fcuked mate, the only thing you've got going for you is your hairstyle, I for one don't want you at our club because you're just not LFC worthy...so fcuk off. :f_steam:

GO YOU REDS :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #212: Nov 29, 2007 09:41:09 am
      Phew we left it late but what a result i thought it wasnt going to be our night theplayers heads seemed to go down when they equailsed.Yet again Rafa got his subsitutions right and we came good get in there.

6 Times were gonna win it 6 times,
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #213: Nov 29, 2007 10:48:25 am
      Yossi was poor?!?!
      Ask any player on the field and im sure the answer will be different. He was fantastic in the first 30.
      natoleza
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #214: Nov 29, 2007 01:30:38 pm
      Great résultat but i think we played not very good after the Porto's goal,
      Torrès is the real new stryker beaucause he simply win the game.

Happy to see Kewell played very well yesterday. :)

MOTM for me

1 -Torrès
      2- Finnan
      3- Mash

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #215: Nov 29, 2007 01:40:05 pm
      Funny enough, when Porto equalised, Andy Gray said 'if it stays like this then Liverpool go out!' He was F***ing dying to get that comment in, the stuck up bluenose c**t!

F*****g Andy knob head, someone pls. get a big plank and land it on his head so that he will not have the chance to comment on anymore of our games, i can stand this p***k, if i could extend my hand into to the tv i would have strangled him alive. Someone must go tell him that he's a damn f***k**g amateur commentor. I've never been so vulgar in my posts so far.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #216: Nov 29, 2007 01:57:18 pm
      F*****g Andy knob head, someone pls. get a big plank and land it on his head so that he will not have the chance to comment on anymore of our games, I can stand this p***k, if I could extend my hand into to the tv I would have strangled him alive. Someone must go tell him that he's a damn f***k**g amateur commentor. I've never been so vulgar in my posts so far.

I cannot abide that sniveling fat bluenose b***ard.  What the F**k is an exshite doin commentating on us!!!   Ive got a friend in London who was watching him on Sky months ago and he said "he doesn't like Liverpool does he" thats how evident his bias is. Absolutely he was gloating when Porto equalized.   Fat useless b***ard
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #217: Nov 29, 2007 02:11:06 pm
      I think that peter crouch should have play in the starting 11 because evertime his comes on he scores important goals and he is a star player

What really upsets Porto's rhythm is that the 1st half they just have to deal with Torres's speed while the 2nd half they've got their hands fuller having to deal with Crouch's height, that's where their resources got scattered all over the places while their defenders were running out of steam.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #218: Nov 30, 2007 02:36:25 pm
      Yossi was poor?!?!
      Ask any player on the field and im sure the answer will be different. He was fantastic in the first 30.

The only problem with Yosse is inconsistency, when in - form he's a world beater while on his off - days he's a liability. Rafa has to get him to be more consistent. I realise more often than not when he had a good game, next he went into a slumber. Pretty frustrating at times.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #219: Nov 30, 2007 02:40:21 pm
      The only problem with Yosse is inconsistency, when in - form he's a world beater while on his off - days he's a liability. Rafa has to get him to be more consistent. I realise more often than not when he had a good game, next he went into a slumber. Pretty frustrating at times.

No Yossi was poor on Wed relative to his (before injury) high standard.

I think he will be rested on Sun - he didn't quite look right yet... as Torres didn't when he came back early (vs Arsenal) from his groin strain.

I think Yossi is a top player and I understand a very nice person, who everybody loves within Melwood. Speaks spanish too, which always helps...

Quick Reply