Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Forum Charity Night (14th June 2008)

Read 62395 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Charity Night?
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2007 06:52:51 pm
      And if its in the aid of a charity then I think they would come to some arrangement, even if we have it upstairs in a big pub !!  Like Del and Rodney !!  :D :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #24: Dec 18, 2007 06:26:55 am
      Good morning;
      Some good news, MsG. is looking into doing the tickets for us, well done MsG

I'm off to London today for 4 days, Its the wifes birthday, o, and i nearly forgot there is a little match going on as-well. ;D

You all have a good day  :)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #25: Jan 03, 2008 05:17:35 pm
      Hi all. looks like this is starting to take off.

As Ms G says, lets great Christmas and new year out of the way, and then take it to the masses.

A few things we do need to get sorted;

1- A date for the charity night, how about the Friday the 6th June 2008.

2- I think it has to be a hall with bar, that will hold about 200 to 300 people.

3- how much will the tickets be, I was thinking of about £5, what do you think.

4- Who will hold the money, and how do the people pay for tickets. So we need someone who is honest and upstanding. JD comes to mind, what do you think.

5- Someone to print the tickets, and Zoe,s place have to be told what we are doing.

All these 5 things have to be in place before we start telling people about the night.

If anybody knows of a hall please let us know, I have 1 or 2 in mind, will let you know, then we can talk about it.
      I will see my mate about the disco.

I have a good feeling about this, not only will we raise a good few bob for Zoe,s place, we all will have a great night out as well.

Have a good day  :)

Anybody any ideas yet;
      A good hall is hard to find for free and book for the right date.
      Need to know a date, so I can get the disco booked.

Have fun.  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Jan 03, 2008 06:29:56 pm
      Shall we try for Saturday June 7th then, does anyone who would really like to go to this have any objections?

It will probably be a case of 'You can't please all of the people all of the time', there's bound to be someone who can't come, but like Kenny said we need to start spreading the word now, especially as Christmas and New Year have gone.

Maybe, once we get a date and book a room, we could contact the club and see if we could secure a player for the night, how good would that be........might be highly unlikely but it's worth a try.
      Even if it's someone like Gerrard or Torres......they'd do wouldn't they :f_tongueincheek:
      That 'For Sure' would put bums on seats ;)

What does anyone else think??
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Jan 03, 2008 07:43:12 pm
      Shall we try for Saturday June 7th then, does anyone who would really like to go to this have any objections?

It will probably be a case of 'You can't please all of the people all of the time', there's bound to be someone who can't come, but like Kenny said we need to start spreading the word now, especially as Christmas and New Year have gone.

Maybe, once we get a date and book a room, we could contact the club and see if we could secure a player for the night, how good would that be........might be highly unlikely but it's worth a try.
      Even if it's someone like Gerrard or Torres......they'd do wouldn't they :f_tongueincheek:
      That 'For Sure' would put bums on seats ;)

What does anyone else think??

I can't make it that weekend (got a date with Dave Grohl and his Foo Fighters at Wembley! ;)) but even if it stays that date I'll put all my efforts into organising it! Least I can do! ;)
      Cy
      Reply #28: Jan 03, 2008 08:30:19 pm
      I would be more then happy to come and help too. The idea of a player been involve is always something worth to try as it will bring the press and raise the awareness of the associations which is something could increase massively the support.

The hall seems to be the most important thing to sort out first, like this we can working out of a number of people. I'm miles from Liverpool (Bristol) so can't help there, some local ;lads could have a look maybe?..I'm happy to help anyway I can...£5/ticket sound very good, although the idea of having 2 differents prices with or without food could be difficult in term of logistics....Again, when you are saying food what have you got in mind???....I though that what could be done is to have some kind of buffets served (you know sandwichs, spring rolls, cold meat flat, salads, etc...) maybe in the middle of the evening and we sell tickets at £10 each and that is the evening including buffets. I said £10 cos it's easy in term of change too, no need for pounds coins stocks to give change on a £7 tickets if you see what I mean..

We could have some auctions going on too with some Liverpool Items, raffle tickets,..All depends on the size of the place really..

I'm up for it anyway and I can come on the day helping with anything like set up, food preparations etc..anything I can do just ask...I'm more then happy to come even before to help at the organization level.

I think we need to have a few of us meeting with Graham around a table and put on paper what we want to do, how we want to do it and delegating clear tasks. what do you think??
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Jan 03, 2008 08:40:49 pm
      I think Sat 7th June is a great night to have it, the first thing we need to do is source a venue, I'll put my thinking cap on and try and think of somewhere central Liverpool if thats ok with everyone ?  Possibly around the Anfield area to keep the flavour of the 'do' !!  Maybe even the Liverpool Supporters Club or the Dockers Club in Anfield.  There's also the Taxi Driver's Club, all possibilities  ;)  What we need is ideas on numbers then we can get booking the room !   So everyone that wants to participate, please post on here and give numbers of how many of you will be possibly attending, families included  ;)    Looking forward to this one guys !!  :D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #30: Jan 03, 2008 09:12:56 pm
      What about The Sandon pub ?
      Now that is right next to Anfield, and has a function room upstairs and downstairs.

Surely they would let us have a room for a private function of sorts.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #31: Jan 03, 2008 09:14:51 pm
      Now that is right next to Anfield, and has a function room upstairs and downstairs.

I thought of that as well Tommo, brings back many happy memories that pub !!  My wasted youth  ;) :D :D  I could make some enquiries once we get a bit of response on here  ;) 
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #32: Jan 03, 2008 09:20:36 pm
      I thought of that as well Tommo, brings back many happy memories that pub !!  My wasted youth  ;) :D :D  I could make some enquiries once we get a bit of response on here  ;) 

I believe so, the toilet walls are still plastered with your name, number and some pictures of wierd positions  :lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: Jan 03, 2008 09:21:40 pm
      I believe so, the toilet walls are still plastered with your name, number and some pictures of wierd positions  :lmao:

I always was a popular girl Tommo !!  :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Jan 03, 2008 09:23:22 pm
      Sounds good Smiggs and Tommo, Graham will be pleased  ;D

At least the player(s) wont have far to come if it's at the Sandon :lmao: Smiggs, you obviously know the Sandon well......a bit too well by the sound of things :lmao: ;)

And thankyou as well to you Cy, all help will be greatly appreciated.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #35: Jan 03, 2008 09:29:28 pm
      Sounds good Smiggs and Tommo, Graham will be pleased  ;D

At least the player(s) wont have far to come if it's at the Sandon :lmao: Smiggs, you obviously know the Sandon well......a bit too well by the sound of things :lmao: ;)

And thankyou as well to you Cy, all help will be greatly appreciated.

Had some great Sunday nights in there ( and other nights as well   ;) )  Used to be a DJ on there by the name of Terry Lennaine, anyone remember him ? 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Jan 03, 2008 09:31:13 pm
      Had some great Sunday nights in there ( and other nights as well   ;) )  Used to be a DJ on there by the name of Terry Lennaine, anyone remember him ? 

Can he do the disco for us? :D :lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: Jan 03, 2008 09:32:05 pm

Don't know if he's still alive  :lmao:   I think Graham has got someone lined up anyway  ;) :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: Jan 03, 2008 09:58:47 pm
      Don't know if he's still alive  :lmao:   I think Graham has got someone lined up anyway  ;) :D

It was a joke Smiggs  :lmao:  I think Graham and his mate are doing the disco ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #39: Jan 04, 2008 12:47:10 am
      The Sandon is a great idea Tommo. Perfect location.

Think we start needing to know who is actually definitely going to be in attendance though don't we? Some names in here would be good.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #40: Jan 04, 2008 07:14:12 am

This sounds good, will someone go down and ask, or would you like me to do it.

ha ha, have not been in there for years, need to check this out. ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #41: Jan 04, 2008 09:42:16 am
      Well I'll start the ball rolling, i'm definitely going and will prob bring a few friends with me, so from my camp I'll say 4 minimum  ;)

And I'll make enquiries over the weekend if you want Graham  ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #42: Jan 04, 2008 05:45:52 pm

It was a joke Smiggs  :lmao:  I think Graham and his mate are doing the disco ;D

Not arf lets rock!!!

I think I may be allowed out the centre that night so I would be up for a couple!....... tickets that is  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Jan 04, 2008 07:30:58 pm
      Anyone that's interested, post in here or PM me or one of the other mods  ;)

Up to now:  Smiggs, Glenbuck, Tommo (shifts/holidays allowing), RedKenny, MsGerrard, graham135uk, JD, EddieC

What about you Court ? Eddie ? and any other regulars on here !!  Its all for a good cause you know  ;)
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2008 08:35:54 pm by smigger15 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #44: Jan 04, 2008 07:39:20 pm
      Me
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96