Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FIFA Ban - Brazilian Players

Read 8575 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: FIFA Ban - Brazilian Players
      Reply #46: Sep 11, 2021 05:06:32 pm
      Some common sense shown at last ! By lifting this idiotic ban.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Sep 11, 2021 09:50:18 pm
      Some common sense shown at last ! By lifting this idiotic ban.

I'm not sure this is more than a temporary reprieve. Those federations and FIFA aren't going to allow clubs to continue withholding their top players. I think the clubs and EPL are trying to get some kind of exception granted by the UK government. If they can't get it I don't think we'll be able to keep the players going forward without some consequence.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #48: Sep 13, 2021 07:38:04 pm
      Quote from adammac
      Liverpool and Leeds should just play their Brazilians, Fifa can't give both clubs a forfeit loss (just assuming that would be the punishment)

Club fans may not care about international football, but players do. Alisson is as passionate to play for his country as Andy Robertson is for his. They are tested and many are already vaccinated. There was no reason for them not to go, as they are in a bubble and no threat to public health. Maybe the EPL will have learned their lesson by the time this issue crops up again, as it will very soon. The red list issues are unlikely to change much by then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #49: Sep 13, 2021 07:40:25 pm

Club fans may not care about international football, but players do. Alisson is as passionate to play for his country as Andy Robertson is for his. They are tested and many are already vaccinated. There was no reason for them not to go, as they are in a bubble and no threat to public health. Maybe the EPL will have learned their lesson by the time this issue crops up again, as it will very soon. The red list issues are unlikely to change much by then.

It's all well and good saying they should have sent but it's not football rules that would have affected them but government Isolation guidelines.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #50: Sep 25, 2021 07:05:51 am
      So lots of players called up again for Brazil next month.
      Talks going on behind the scenes to resolve the issues that resulted in the farce of the last international break.

But even so, we are due to be without Allison and Fabinho for the Watford game as the Brazil fixture is the day before our Watford game.

So I’m hoping they don’t resolve anything and we keep the players back.

What a joke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58672070
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #51: Sep 25, 2021 10:40:35 am
      Ludicrous to my mind, to ban any player turning out for their club. FIFA seem to be a law unto themselves !
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2021 11:00:42 am by David Wright »
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #52: Sep 25, 2021 11:19:56 am
      What a joke FIFA are. We should tell them to shove any bans up their backsides.

Finally worked out what the FIFA acronym stands for. Fcucking Idiots Forever Arseholes.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #53: Sep 25, 2021 11:32:51 am
      Sick of international drama, just F***ing do one with these sh*t unnecessary internationals.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #54: Sep 25, 2021 12:28:33 pm
      And the cu*ts want the world cup every 2 years. What happened to less games
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: Oct 04, 2021 11:36:17 am
      So what's happening this international break with the brazil lads ?

Pretty sure I heard they are all going this time, its just whether they need to isolate for 10 days on return. ;-(
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #56: Oct 04, 2021 12:14:13 pm
      So what's happening this international break with the brazil lads ?

Pretty sure I heard they are all going this time, its just whether they need to isolate for 10 days on return. ;-(

Firminho not selected so the other two . Think they are allowed to play but quarantine as well , problem is Watford game being 30 hours after their last game with all travel etc they must be a doubt ,possibly Alison might make it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Oct 04, 2021 12:30:32 pm
      Firminho not selected so the other two . Think they are allowed to play but quarantine as well , problem is Watford game being 30 hours after their last game with all travel etc they must be a doubt ,possibly Alison might make it

For me if they have to self isolate for ten days after they come back, then I wouldn’t be happy letting them go, why the F**k should the club that pays their wages be forced to miss players for subsequent league games, F**k Brazil & F**k FIFA, it’s the same bullshit as last time, I think the decision  should be the players involved, if they don’t want to go then that should be the case, if they did go then they run the risk of missing games and possibly their position in their team. If I were Jürgen that’s what I’d be saying to those concerned.

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #58: Oct 04, 2021 12:36:31 pm
      Did I read correctly that the players can still train or play once a day even whilst quarantined? Sounds like it has gone from being a disruption to the club and team programme to more of a hassle to the player's life.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #59: Oct 04, 2021 12:43:52 pm
      Just wanted to add this unpopular opinion here: international football in and of itself isn't a bad thing. A lot of people happen to enjoy it.

I know FIFA are corrupt (as seemingly are most football organizations), and Liverpool are by far my main footballing interest and passion, but it doesn't make the whole of international football useless. People can still support their national team.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #60: Oct 04, 2021 12:57:45 pm
      Are our  Brazilian players unvaccinated..? If not what’s the problem of travel..?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #61: Oct 04, 2021 01:07:01 pm
      10 days quarantine, out for two weeks like normal and then they'll do it all again for the November internationals.

Absolute F***ing madness these games are going ahead.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #62: Oct 04, 2021 01:17:29 pm

For me if they have to self isolate for ten days after they come back, then I wouldn’t be happy letting them go, why the f**k should the club that pays their wages be forced to miss players for subsequent league games, f**k Brazil & f**k FIFA, it’s the same bullshit as last time, I think the decision  should be the players involved, if they don’t want to go then that should be the case, if they did go then they run the risk of missing games and possibly their position in their team. If I were Jürgen that’s what I’d be saying to those concerned.

Y  N  W  A

They are allowed to play is my understanding but would need to train together etc which is a Ballache in itself the big problem is playing Friday morning
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #63: Oct 04, 2021 01:26:32 pm
      They are ok to play and only need to isolate when not playing , they don’t need to quarantine when they come back

The issue is Brazil play Friday and we then play Saturday so we will be missing Alisson and Fab against Watford
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #64: Oct 04, 2021 04:22:41 pm
      Are our  Brazilian players unvaccinated..? If not what’s the problem of travel..?

They are coming from a country in the UK's red list (I think all Latin America is) so they have to quarantine for 10 days upon return to the UK
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #65: Oct 04, 2021 09:02:29 pm
      I read that they can continue normal activities with their clubs on returning, but have to stay in a hotel to isolate from their families 😂😂😂😂😂😂
      What a F***ing farce that is.

FIFA have to be the biggest laughing stock of any sporting organisation on the globe. That’s in addition to being the most corrupt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Oct 05, 2021 08:15:10 am

cheers for info.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Oct 05, 2021 08:17:27 am
      They are ok to play and only need to isolate when not playing , they don’t need to quarantine when they come back

The issue is Brazil play Friday and we then play Saturday so we will be missing Alisson and Fab against Watford

If this is case, missing 1 game aint so bad, not brilliant but not as bad as the 10 day isolation crap.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #68: Oct 05, 2021 05:29:04 pm

Mane and Tzimikas  in same boat apparently  around quarantine issues as both playing in red list countries

Quick Reply